PDA

View Full Version : John Collins

fife hfc
31-10-2010, 08:21 PM
I went along to East End Park today because my son was playing on the pitch at half time, during todays charity match between dunfermline legends and Hibs/Hearts legends.

JC was playing and he could still hold his own in the SPL imho. He is 42, so about the same age as Weir and looks extremely fit (unlike kano who looks like he is enjoying being a publican a bit too much:greengrin). It really is a waste that JC packed it in so early and he scored a fantastic goal. Liam Miller should have been there today to see how to control and run a midfield with vision and skill.

For anybody interested it was not too bad a game with it finishing 4-4, though gordon Smart (Hibs supporting Sun reporter) missed a few one on ones, much to the disgust of Darren Jackson. Keith, Keith, Keith scored along with Ian Ferguson who got two and JC scoring a beauty. A fiver for charity was not too bad and to here Bill leckie take delight in announcing that hearts got beat made it even better.

Cropley10
31-10-2010, 09:58 PM
I went along to East End Park today because my son was playing on the pitch at half time, during todays charity match between dunfermline legends and Hibs/Hearts legends.

JC was playing and he could still hold his own in the SPL imho. He is 42, so about the same age as Weir and looks extremely fit (unlike kano who looks like he is enjoying being a publican a bit too much:greengrin). It really is a waste that JC packed it in so early and he scored a fantastic goal. Liam Miller should have been there today to see how to control and run a midfield with vision and skill.

For anybody interested it was not too bad a game with it finishing 4-4, though gordon Smart (Hibs supporting Sun reporter) missed a few one on ones, much to the disgust of Darren Jackson. Keith, Keith, Keith scored along with Ian Ferguson who got two and JC scoring a beauty. A fiver for charity was not too bad and to here Bill leckie take delight in announcing that hearts got beat made it even better.

Sounds great! :thumbsup: Imagine: John Collins coming out of retirement to bring Liam Miller on to a game!

matty_f
31-10-2010, 10:03 PM

JC was playing and he could still hold his own in the SPL imho. HE is 42, so about the same age as Weir and looks extremely fit (unlike kano who looks like he is enjoying being a publican a bit too much:greengrin). It really is a waste that JC packed it in so early and he scored a fantastic goal. Liam Miller should have been there today to see how to control and run a midfield with vision and skill.

Were you at the fun fours on saturday? My boy's in the bayside team but we couldn't make it to east end today, otherwise he'd have been on at half time too.

Hibercelona
31-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I've said it before and i'll say it again.... i'd love to see JC having another wee go. He's still got bags of talent in him and certainly has a couple of more years in him. :agree: