PDA

View Full Version : BBC highlights are up....

At The Edge
31-10-2010, 07:06 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9143552.stm

lyonhibs
31-10-2010, 07:18 PM
What on EARTH was Mark Brown up to - he didn't look even half way interested in getting to that ball 1st :grr:

The Voice Of Reason
31-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Brown will not want to see that again - holocaust :grr:

Also, to top off Rankins Pen miss, from the rebound he actually takes a clumsy touch to take the ball right off the toes of Stevenson (I think) who looked about to score.......another holocaust :grr:

Despite the fact that Hearts got humped today, I am not looking forward to the Derby. :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2010, 07:26 PM
They must have missed a lot of our chances out of those highlights, i was told we had a lot of them and deserved at least a point. :confused:

The Voice Of Reason
31-10-2010, 07:27 PM
They must have missed a lot of our chances out of those highlights, i was told we had a lot of them and deserved at least a point. :confused:

Was thinking that myself !!!!! :confused:

Riordans Boots
31-10-2010, 07:30 PM
What on EARTH was Mark Brown up to - he didn't look even half way interested in getting to that ball 1st :grr:

Unbelievable!!! Way too far forward :grr:

Baldy Foghorn

Also, to top off Rankins Pen miss, from the rebound he actually takes a clumsy touch to take the ball right off the toes of Stevenson (I think) who looked about to score.......another holocaust :grr:

Despite the fact that Hearts got humped today, I am not looking forward to the Derby. :bitchy:

Yet Rankin had a goal line clearance to save us going behind earlier

Jones28

Easy on the Holocaust comments eh?

But WTF was Brown doing? Jesus :boo hoo:

Judas Iscariot
Shocking misses from Rankin and Stevenson..

3pm
31-10-2010, 07:32 PM
The goal is a joke.

Brown showed no conviction but we have blew it in midfield again. CH punts it anywhere, goes to their midfielder and we don't close him down - Liam Miller if I am not mistaken. So slow in there and no urgency.

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2010, 07:33 PM

Yet you say nothing against deek trying a cheeky chip, rather than just putting his laces right through the ball....... :confused:

Removed
31-10-2010, 07:34 PM
The goal is a joke.

Brown showed no conviction but we have blew it in midfield again. CH punts it anywhere, goes to their midfielder and we don't close him down - Liam Miller if I am not mistaken. So slow in there and no urgency.

And yet some say he had a good game :confused:

essexhibee
31-10-2010, 07:38 PM

Ask myself the same thing!!

Should have just clattered him if you ask me, though he would have got sent off so maybe not :greengrin.

Much better performance, de graff was a different player. Lewis looked good, and Galbraith was a breath of much needed fresh air. Some light at the end of the tunnel before the derby.

3pm
31-10-2010, 07:38 PM
65 - He's an imposter. IMO.

The Voice Of Reason
31-10-2010, 07:39 PM

True enough, he did well there. :agree:

Broken Gnome
31-10-2010, 08:03 PM

Standing on the post isn't the most overly commendable action of a footballer to be fair. You either do your job of standing still or commit a terrible error, that's what he's there for.

The penalty rebound is just one of those things you instinctively go for to make up for the initial error though = unless Lewis screams at him in plenty time then it's understandable he tried to take a touch. Awful to watch though :boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Standing on the post isn't the most overly commendable action of a footballer to be fair. You either do your job of standing still or commit a terrible error, that's what he's there for.

The penalty rebound is just one of those things you instinctively go for to make up for the initial error though = unless Lewis screams at him in plenty time then it's understandable he tried to take a touch. Awful to watch though :boo hoo:

Going by the highlights, the penalty and riordans powder puff effort were the only two shots the keeper had to save?

Albion Hibs
31-10-2010, 08:44 PM

They did seem to, but then again they are highlights.

Riordans was second in line to Rankin, a bit harsh on Stevenson I dont think it was shocking.

IWasThere2016
31-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Going by the highlights, the penalty and riordans powder puff effort were the only two shots the keeper had to save?

There's two saves from Deeks in the first 80 secs of the highlights ..

Jim44
31-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Not that we get many penalties but our scoring record is appalling.

Holmesdale Hibs
31-10-2010, 10:14 PM
On a positive note, it was a big improvement on last week and playing against a better team. On another day we would have took something from the game although I'm not claiming we were robbed.

It was a terrible penalty - right height for the keeper and not well placed. From the highlights it looked like a few of them ran to get the ball but hard to tell. Can anyone at that was at the game shed any light on why Rankin took it?

The goal was bad goalkeeping but I think Brown is a decent keeper.

Shrekko
31-10-2010, 11:08 PM

Whatever the 3/4 minutes of highlights showed it was a game Hibs were well in control of for the most part. The team looked balanced and compact and the passing had much more purpose than normal.

The keeper didnt have many great saves but Hibs had a number of half decent efforts/chances.

Don't know why you're looking for the negatives- it was probably our most positive performance in many a month. Last time we played a full strength United they absolutely demolished us.

SaulGoodman
31-10-2010, 11:50 PM
****ting myself for this Derby :boo hoo:

oldbutdim
01-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Easy on the Holocaust comments eh?

But WTF was Brown doing? Jesus :boo hoo:

Easy on taking Our Lord's name in vain eh?

That goalkeeping was awful. He should be shot for that. Or sent to a work camp or something.
:grr:

IWasThere2016
01-11-2010, 05:59 AM
RichH - the Arabs were brutal. Without Swanson and Conway, they'd 4 CMs in midfield, and they were by-passed with a hoof to Daly time after time. They're not the team they were - or are playing a different style until their wide/creative players return.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Whatever the 3/4 minutes of highlights showed it was a game Hibs were well in control of for the most part. The team looked balanced and compact and the passing had much more purpose than normal.

The keeper didnt have many great saves but Hibs had a number of half decent efforts/chances.

Don't know why you're looking for the negatives- it was probably our most positive performance in many a month. Last time we played a full strength United they absolutely demolished us.

I was not looking for negatives, i was reacting to folk who were actually at the game, who were saying we controlled the game. They were also saying we missed a load of chances.

So i asked why those chances were missed out of the highlights package? All i saw was a missed penalty, a shot well wide from Stevenson and a couple off pass backs from Deek. We never troubled the keeper, yet from the highlights, their chances were a lot better than ours, and according to some they are dire.

JimBHibees
01-11-2010, 08:52 AM
It looked from the admittedly very brief highlights and paper reports that we at least looked organised and determined which is more than a start after some of the showings previously. Admittedly Utd arent the team they were but have decent players and are still a tough game for anyone at home. The game obviously swung on the penalty which was a very poor one. We were caught out with Swanston's pass for the winner and Brown looked less than convincing however he is IMO our best goalie and should be persevered with.

I would say some promising signs and hopefully we can start getting some performances from guys like De Graff who cant be as bad as he has appeared.

Andy74
01-11-2010, 09:28 AM
I was not looking for negatives, i was reacting to folk who were actually at the game, who were saying we controlled the game. They were also saying we missed a load of chances.

So i asked why those chances were missed out of the highlights package? All i saw was a missed penalty, a shot well wide from Stevenson and a couple off pass backs from Deek. We never troubled the keeper, yet from the highlights, their chances were a lot better than ours, and according to some they are dire.

That's why highlights will never beat being at the game. Everyone who was there acknowledges we played much better, created chances and looked quite comfortable for most of the game against a pretty strong team.

When is the last time the team was applauded off after a defeat? That says a lot about what those at the game had seen.

Spoonjilloun
01-11-2010, 10:08 AM
That's why highlights will never beat being at the game. Everyone who was there acknowledges we played much better, created chances and looked quite comfortable for most of the game against a pretty strong team.

When is the last time the team was applauded off after a defeat? That says a lot about what those at the game had seen.

here here
the reaction most on this board portray is definately not the same reaction as the fans at the match.
for the first time in ages i had confidence in our defence.
special mentions to paul hanlon, lewis stevenson and danny galbraith, fight determination and spirit. was absolutely gutted at the end but definately felt a lot better overall.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2010, 10:12 AM

I understand that, and agree. Although if you read some posts from some folk, you would think we had more and better chances than Utd, when clearly from the highlights we never. Unless they did not put them in. Was that the case?

SneakersO'Toole
01-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Not that we get many penalties but our scoring record is appalling.

Last season and this season we've had 11 in all competitions, scoring 5. Woeful statistic IMO.

Put even more into perspective when you consider than Aberdeen have had 7 already this season, scoring all of them.

frazeHFC
01-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Just watched the highlights, looks like we had our fair share of chances and we looked like we were playing pretty well. Penalty was a complete mess, the actual penalty wasn't shocking, but the communication after was, Stevenson would have scored if Rankin had left it. Then no surprise they nicked it at the end.

bongo'd
01-11-2010, 04:39 PM
I understand that, and agree. Although if you read some posts from some folk, you would think we had more and better chances than Utd, when clearly from the highlights we never. Unless they did not put them in. Was that the case?

Definately was not the case BH. We actually created very little in the way of clear-cut chances and I fear that will be the case until we can get a forward who is capable of holding the ball up and bringing others in to play.

On the whole though the performance was much better, the team had a good shape to it and each player appeared to understand their specific roles. If Calderwood has managed to figure out this much about his squad in less than two weeks then I am very encouraged about what the future may hold.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Definately was not the case BH. We actually created very little in the way of clear-cut chances and I fear that will be the case until we can get a forward who is capable of holding the ball up and bringing others in to play.

On the whole though the performance was much better, the team had a good shape to it and each player appeared to understand their specific roles. If Calderwood has managed to figure out this much about his squad in less than two weeks then I am very encouraged about what the future may hold.:agree:

Just as i suspected, i didn't think they would just leave their chances in and leave ours out. Glad to hear the performance was better, most have said this. I hope its not just the normal upsurge of form you get with a new man, and this is permanent.

Removed
01-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Just as i suspected, i didn't think they would just leave their chances in and leave ours out. Glad to hear the performance was better, most have said this. I hope its not just the normal upsurge of form you get with a new man, and this is permanent.

A draw was the fair result G, had the pen been scored I couldn't see us losing as utd were poorer than last season. I did text a few on here that the defence looked far more solid but we had very little to offer going forward. I'd say the performance was average and folk are only getting excited because average is 100 times better than ***** and being 4 down to the sheep.

Alfred E Newman
01-11-2010, 08:52 PM

Looks like this was our best defeat of the season. Paul Mitchell couldn`t hide his disappointment when Goodwillie scored as well.