PDA

View Full Version : Can the Yams play as bad next week?

Hibees07
31-10-2010, 05:42 PM
The Yams were dreadful today but can they keep it up until next Sunday?.

Removed
31-10-2010, 05:42 PM
You canny polish a turd

Mikey
31-10-2010, 05:43 PM
I hope not. A win for them will see normal service resume on here. The doom and gloomer's are getting pretty worried we might scrape something next week.

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2010, 05:46 PM

The "other 10" teams in the SPL are all much of a much, i.e. all quite pish and capable of beating eachother.

Having said that they're always up for the derby and we seem to go quiet come derby day, certainly recently anyway. The derby is a massive priority for them and their players know it, for some reason ours don't.

Barney McGrew
31-10-2010, 06:00 PM

They've been pish poor all season, and it's only the fact that we've been even worse that's kept the pressure off FJK from the yam hoardes.

Just think - one win at home in eight, and despite us being rank rotten since February, we still managed to finish ahead of them last season and are only six points behind them this term having played two less home games than they have.

Make no mistake, if we take three points next week then his coat will be getting shoogly.

weonlywon6-2
31-10-2010, 06:01 PM

had a mate at the game and he said that they were awful

they are rubbish,make no mistake about it !!!!

The Harp
31-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Can the Yams play as bad next week?
Don't know how bad they were today 'cos Killie are capable of some good stuff wi Mixu in charge. Seems like his year oot studying the methods employed by a variety of European coaches when he departed the ER hot seat was time well spent. Just a pity he didn't do it PRIOR to getting the Hibs job!!! :grr:
Pretty sure he's gonna be in demand in the near future.

Austinho
31-10-2010, 06:13 PM
You canny polish a turdYeah, but you can roll it in glitter.

They always raise their game on derby day, and we need to do the same.

Hibs Class
31-10-2010, 06:22 PM
The "other 10" teams in the SPL are all much of a much, i.e. all quite pish and capable of beating eachother.

Having said that they're always up for the derby and we seem to go quiet come derby day, certainly recently anyway. The derby is a massive priority for them and their players know it, for some reason ours don't.

Agree. Derbies generally go to which team wants it the most and across the 40-ish years I've been watching these games we've been second best in attitude far too often.

Hibercelona
31-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Yeah, but you can roll it in glitter.

Exactly!

It doesn't matter how good or bad or where each team is in the league table. Its all about who wants it more.

Unfortunatly they seem to want it more than we do most of the time, which is disappointing.

Craig_in_Prague
31-10-2010, 06:29 PM
No chance!
They always rise to it for derby games.

Big question is can this shower of crap at ER?
Joint bottom of the league; 1st home game for the new manager and a derby match.

I can't help but feel we'll be let down again.

Removed
31-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah, but you can roll it in glitter.

Agree but our attitude has to change sometime. This week would be a good one to do it.

HibbyAndy
31-10-2010, 06:51 PM
I agree I.E we arent up for it as much as Hearts in recent seasons, But by god that WONT be the case come Sunday, Id wager both my bollocks CC will have our boys pumped right up for this game:agree:

Hibs Class
31-10-2010, 07:03 PM
I agree I.E we arent up for it as much as Hearts in recent seasons, But by god that WONT be the case come Sunday, Id wager both my bollocks CC will have our boys pumped right up for this game:agree:

Brave words - I hope you're right but if I was you I'd be hanging on to one of my bollocks for new year.

stubru59
31-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Surely even this lot can psyche themselves up for a derby.

ekhibee
31-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Whatever way you try to dress it up, Hearts are pish, but they're nowhere near as pish as we are at the moment. Hearts to win 2-0, and obviously I hope I'm totally wrong.

Spike Mandela
31-10-2010, 07:17 PM
If we can only cut out silly mistakes and practice penalties in training we might have a chance.

johnbc70
31-10-2010, 07:22 PM
I really hope we can somehow win next week....but i am 35 and been following Hibs all my life and can count on one hand the amount of times I have seen us play really well against that lot. They have plenty of 3-0, 4-0 etc but we never ever seem to win comfortably against them. There were a few 3-1s under McLeish, the millennium derby and of course 6-2, but thats about it!

How refreshing it would be to see us win 3-0 or 4-0, I have a sneaky feeling next week we might just do that.

Spike Mandela
31-10-2010, 07:25 PM
I really hope we can somehow win next week....but i am 35 and been following Hibs all my life and can count on one hand the amount of times I have seen us play really well against that lot. They have plenty of 3-0, 4-0 etc but we never ever seem to win comfortably against them. There were a few 3-1s under McLeish, the millennium derby and of course 6-2, but thats about it!

How refreshing it would be to see us win 3-0 or 4-0, I have a sneaky feeling next week we might just do that.

Like you optimism but I'll settle for 1-0:thumbsup:

Despite the scorelines you mention the 1-0 in the CIS quarter was the most one sided game I seen. Did we not have around 80% possession or something?:confused:

RCNG
31-10-2010, 07:27 PM

I share your optimism John! :thumbsup:

Lets do a Newcastle!

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Like you optimism but I'll settle for 1-0:thumbsup:

Despite the scorelines you mention the 1-0 in the CIS quarter was the most one sided game I seen. Did we not have around 80% possession or something?:confused:

81% possession but only 1 goal - which I think is the point he's making. Even when we're miles better we don't pump them very often.

3pm
31-10-2010, 07:44 PM
They are pish - the problem is so are we.

We need to pitch up with the right attitude, we need a performance fae Riordan and Miller (due one) in particular. We need to the defencew to operate as a unit, we need a GK to grow some balls during a derby (Andy, maybe you help with those ones you've just bet!!!), we need to get tight to them. We need to make sure Kyle and MZ are picked up at set pieces.

We should not fear them.

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
31-10-2010, 07:47 PM
The way Calderwood wants to set us up might just make the difference. The likes of yogi wanted to pass them of the park. We had enough trouble doing that in any given game, never mind a derby. I wouldn't say I'm confident but I saw enough against UTD to think there might just be a bit more dig about us, I think you will see us a bit more fired up than any recent derbies. I know a derby
is usually won by the team wanting it more, but I think that is even more the case this time based on how ganting both teams look. Win the battle and a wee bit magic from our new captain should see us through.

forthhibby
31-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Surely even this lot can psyche themselves up for a derby.

potentially, we'll have Derek Riordan, Colin Nish, Ian Murray and Lewis Stevenson playing or on the bench, i'm sure they will make sure there colleagues are psyched up

essexhibee
31-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I definitely think calderwood will have them up for this one.

We were much improved sat and unlucky to lose. Yes atm we are pish but so are hearts and its strange how they seem to think they are so decent when in reality they are not. Their game plan today was so easy to see..a long hump up the park to kyle for the knock down. Snuff him out and stop the supply and the little they do offer is gone. Skacel does look dangerous at times but they really are nothing much. We should definitely not fear these muppets. It will be close but we can win this. GGTH GIRFUY YA HUN LOVING BASSAS.

johnbc70
31-10-2010, 08:37 PM
81% possession but only 1 goal - which I think is the point he's making. Even when we're miles better we don't pump them very often.

:agree: all over them that night but it was still 1-0, they could of sneaked a last minute goal and then.....well no doubt they would have won on penalties. Just want to see us beat them comfortably for once i.e. we are 3 up with 20 mins to go.

As I say I have a feeling about Sunday. I think we will score a couple of early goals and......well I better stop there!

hibby al
31-10-2010, 08:48 PM
a couple of hearts fans on the bbc site saying that kyle is out of the derby due to suspension
cant find any way to verify this as thev sfa site not that far ahead yet. if true would it be a good
thing for us or will it force them not to play hoofball ?

Dashing Bob S
31-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Always optimistic about these games. I'd be disappointed by a one-goal win but I'd grudging take it. I feel that 3-1 in our favour is the most likely outcome.

The Harp
31-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Like to see somebody (Bamba perhaps) sort out Kyle early on ... legally, of course! :wink: He's a numpty but the sort of numpty that could do us damage if not dealt wi'.
Good opportunity for us to start the revival. :thumbsup:

forthhibby
31-10-2010, 08:56 PM
a couple of hearts fans on the bbc site saying that kyle is out of the derby due to suspension
cant find any way to verify this as thev sfa site not that far ahead yet. if true would it be a good

i'd rather kyle played as killie proved today that if you mark him out of the game, yams don't have an alternative and bamba has dealt no probs with him in previous meetings

matty_f
31-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Did locke not have the yams in on the friday evening before the last derby for a few hours explaining how important it was to win against us?
They definitely see it as a bigger game than we do, and that is something that needs to change. We have had too many managers who gave it the ' just another game/only three points' stuff prior to the derby, we need one to be bolder and actually say that the fans take results in derbies as a measurement on how successful a season has been, and the players should too.

Removed
31-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Did locke not have the yams in on the friday evening before the last derby for a few hours explaining how important it was to win against us?
They definitely see it as a bigger game than we do, and that is something that needs to change. We have had too many managers who gave it the ' just another game/only three points' stuff prior to the derby, we need one to be bolder and actually say that the fans take results in derbies as a measurement on how successful a season has been, and the players should too.

:agree:

Get HibbyAndy down to East Mains pronto

Hibs Class
31-10-2010, 09:58 PM

I'd have my doubts about this - suspensions due after totting up yellow cards typically take effect 14 days after the last yellow was given. I don't think either side will have anyone missing through suspension next week.

3pm
31-10-2010, 10:13 PM
McLeish had the right attitude. When we got promoted, the EEN interviewed him and he said getting beat off Hearts was unthinkable.

Yer right Matty, none of this 'it's just 3 points' crap. We need the attitude McLeish had. I wasnae keen on him but loved him for that comment.

monktonharp
01-11-2010, 01:22 AM
i'd rather kyle played as killie proved today that if you mark him out of the game, yams don't have an alternative and bamba has dealt no probs with him in previous meetingsKyle showed his style/class yesterday. he's a big lump of wood, used as a battering ram, most of the play from Hertz started fae the goalie with a huge boot up the park towards him. if Hanlon and Bamba can challenge him for those balls then that will nullify half the ****bos attacks. and he elbows himself into maist of his challenges too. he got away with a few nasty ones on the Killie goalie, imho.

HibeeMcGinn1
01-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Mixed feelings to be honest. If we play like we did against DU we will be up for it but if we play like we did against Aberdeen we could be in trouble. Typical derby week thoughts though. Form usually goes out the window on derby days so bring on the Jambos!!!!

Kaiser1962
01-11-2010, 08:16 AM
CC needs to phone Mixu and Craig Brown :greengrin

Seriously they both had the Jambo's sussed and made them look what they are. Our defence was better on Saturday but still a bit suspect, particularity at set plays/cross balls and we need to get that sorted before the weekend. Hearts do not play well against wide men (Humphrey for Well and Gordon yesterday) so we need to take that on board. .

Kyle showed his style/class yesterday. he's a big lump of wood, used as a battering ram, most of the play from Hertz started fae the goalie with a huge boot up the park towards him. if Hanlon and Bamba can challenge him for those balls then that will nullify half the ****bos attacks. and he elbows himself into maist of his challenges too. he got away with a few nasty ones on the Killie goalie, imho.

heretoday
01-11-2010, 08:57 AM
If supporting Hibs has taught me anything it's that you can't call a derby before the final whistle. Nerves take over.

JJ said Killie were better in every way than his side. So why couldn't Mixu do the business at ER? Less pressure at Rugby Park? :confused:

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-11-2010, 09:08 AM

Don't forget fat boy and the that obnoxious cretin Locke will have them in the dressing room for hours on end just telling them what we already know "it doesn't matter who we beat as long as it's Hibs"

That's all they care about...end of

Andy74
01-11-2010, 10:34 AM
The only people it seems that have lsess bottle than Hibs players are the Hibs fans.

Steve20
01-11-2010, 10:39 AM
My prediction is 3-1 Hibs.

JimBHibees
01-11-2010, 10:42 AM
I'd have my doubts about this - suspensions due after totting up yellow cards typically take effect 14 days after the last yellow was given. I don't think either side will have anyone missing through suspension next week.

Yep he would need to have been sent off yesterday or have a pending suspension which kicks in next week, he isnt able to be out of the derby based on a booking yesterday. Dont think it is a bad thing for him to be playing as personally think he and Suso are certs for a red card.

YehButNoBut
01-11-2010, 01:08 PM
:agree:

Get HibbyAndy down to East Mains pronto

Perhaps he could do a Smithy with the Hibs team, would be worth trying. :faf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq_cwwWcyqQ

mjhibby
01-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Derbies take on a life of their own and nobody can predict how it will turn out.Hertz will of course be well up for it but i think the tanking they took from killie will have left a mark and if we can get at them early then things could be promising.We should be well up for it being calderwoods home debut but with so many players missing i have to say id settle for a draw.It is true hertz are usually more up for these games but it is up to calderwood to change that.
The weekend results shows how poor the league is and anyboy outside the infirm can beat each other.My only worry is the injury situation and the fact the window is so far away.Hertz skelping from killie shows they are just as poor as us and if calderwood can get a system going to get results then top six at least should be achieved and we can look up after that.No team in the bottom ten have looked consistent but its rangers away after hertz so i wont expect a climb up the league for a few weeks yet.The team selection on saturday was interesting with yogis signings back in which hints at calderwood and evans not exactly thinking on the same wavelength.
Im hoping calderwood is just waiting for his assistant to agree compensation with the club their at and he doesnt spend too long wothout an assistant.He has identified the areas the team is weak but sorting it will take time and a few clean sheets would boost confidence.As i said id take a draw but think we might sneak it 2-1 though hertz have been better away from home rather than the pbs.No sign of nerves just now but come the weekend.