PDA

View Full Version : If Calderwood does a Sauzee

Bob Box Fish
31-10-2010, 09:29 AM
If CC produces Sauzee type form and we are rock bottom come January will Petrie back him?

Back him as in keeping his job and also in the Jan transfer window?

Dr Jimmy
31-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Eh?

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2010, 09:35 AM
If CC produces Sauzee type form and we are rock bottom come January will Petrie back him?

I cant recall us ever playing like we did yesterday under Sauzee??:confused:

2 games in and some on here are questioning whether CC will keep his job...... Crazy stuff indeed

Bob Box Fish
31-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Eh?

Sauzee won about 1 of 13 when he took over.

If CC does the same then based on league we will most likely be at the bottom.

Bob Box Fish
31-10-2010, 09:40 AM
I cant recall us ever playing like we did yesterday under Sauzee??:confused:

2 games in and some on here are questioning whether CC will keep his job...... Crazy stuff indeed

I am questioning what Petrie would do should the worst case scenario .......

ronaldo7
31-10-2010, 09:41 AM
York Hibby, You're a cheery chappie. Which pub do you drink in before the games. Just so I know where to bodyswerve:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2010, 09:44 AM
I am questioning what Petrie would do should the worst case scenario .......

At a time when we need stability, do you really foresee the Board sacking CC after 4 months, if things don't turn around??

I for one certainly don't, however, I really think CC will turn things around and your hypothetical question will be nullified

Bob Box Fish
31-10-2010, 09:45 AM
York Hibby, You're a cheery chappie. Which pub do you drink in before the games. Just so I know where to bodyswerve:wink:

:wink:

marinello59
31-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Oh dear. Glass half empty or kicked over and smashed?

down-the-slope
31-10-2010, 09:46 AM
He won't and Petrie wouldn't

You used the word 'form' - yesterdays form was good (wrong result obviously) but will get results if we play more often like that

lapsedhibee
31-10-2010, 09:50 AM
You used the word 'form' - yesterdays form was good (wrong result obviously) but will get results if we play more often like that

:agree: The performance is what counts and if we play like that every week we'll win more than we lose.

Bob Box Fish
31-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Thread is not based on how I think CC will do or wanting him to go it as asking how Petrie would react to a potential situation.

Would he give CC some £ to try and get a few players in or would he let him bring in journey men as per Yogi (summer and last Jan)?

Would he fire him as per Sauzee if he thought CC wasn't the man to turn it around and was in fear of 1st div next season.

Personally I think he would give him him to end of season but will go down journeyman route again.

Hibercelona
31-10-2010, 09:55 AM
He won't and Petrie wouldn't

:agree: The performance is what counts and if we play like that every week we'll win more than we lose.

TBH. I'd much rather we focused more on scoring goals than putting on good performances.

Good performances don't win games. Scoring goals do.

We could play like we did yesterday all season and still not win a game.

Its a moto every hibs fan hates. But right now it should be "Win at all costs, no matter how ugly it is".

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2010, 10:07 AM
TBH. I'd much rather we focused more on scoring goals than putting on good performances.

Its a moto every hibs fan hates. But right now it should be "Win at all costs, no matter how ugly it is".

:agree:

jdships
31-10-2010, 10:25 AM

:agree::thumbsup:
As for OP :yawn:

:flag:

Toaods
31-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Wonder if Rod Petrie would give everyone a free season ticket next year for Division 1. Not saying that we will get relegated just wondered what Petrie might do.

Cropley10
31-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Wonder if Rod Petrie would give everyone a free season ticket next year for Division 1. Not saying that we will get relegated just wondered what Petrie might do.

Or maybe take a pay cut? :wink:

--------
31-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Thread is not based on how I think CC will do or wanting him to go it as asking how Petrie would react to a potential situation.

Would he give CC some £ to try and get a few players in or would he let him bring in journey men as per Yogi (summer and last Jan)?

Would he fire him as per Sauzee if he thought CC wasn't the man to turn it around and was in fear of 1st div next season.

Personally I think he would give him him to end of season but will go down journeyman route again.

Well, the only person who can answer your question is RP himself. I don't know whether he posts on the net. Maybe you should write to him and ask him?

You know, I first went to the football because my mates were going and it was fun. Win or lose, we'd usually find something to laugh about, and the only times I regretted going to ER for an afternoon was on the (rare) occasions we lost heavily to Hearts, or when we went out of a Cup to a team way below us in the league.

Even then, I preferred to be there than not.

But some of you guys nowadays? You should either be on Prozac or learn to cultivate a sense of humour.

A Hibee without a sense of humour is a miserable object indeed. :bitchy:

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2010, 04:04 PM

Just had a text from a reliable source/someone inside ER - Steve Clarke's getting the job - he's already holed up in a city centre hotel waiting on the call.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-10-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm supposed to be Loko ...

Viva_Palmeiras
31-10-2010, 04:47 PM
It's amazing the amount of pish the Internet rakes up
No longer the debates through a drunken haze long forgotten
Youd find it hard to be surrounded by undercover yams on the wind up in the pub

And they call it progress. Why don't we just be done with it and have a competition to find the most depressing idea for a thread?

An original hibs lister the only time I gave up on the board was the depression online associated with relegation

It's starting to get that way again for me but obviously a lot of water under the bridge since then and patience has been tested since mogga/jc left

I'd find it sad if all the negativity deterred the younger fans from attending and that is something the "I pay my money..." folks forget no matter what their argument if it is deterring it's all fir nothing

I hope we can turn it around just hope that as a support wevhave the bottle to see things through.

easty
31-10-2010, 04:51 PM
I didnae expect this when I first saw the title of the thread.....when it said "if Calderwood does a Sauzee" I assumed it would be about becoming a legend like Sauzee!

I know he had a bad time as manager but quite sad to see that 'doing a Sauzee' is seen as a bad thing!

ScottB
31-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Simply put, our current issues are with the playing staff, not CC.

Come January I would expect us to be in the bottom 6, RP will need to break out the chequebook to get us motoring, but I personally don't believe we are in danger of relegation.

weonlywon6-2
31-10-2010, 05:59 PM

dinnae be daft and have more faith !!!!!

James70
31-10-2010, 06:05 PM
CC is here for the long term no matter what happens. If the unthinkable was to happen it wouldn't be his fault.

tamig
31-10-2010, 06:29 PM

Jeezo.

Do you really think RP decides on the quality of player the manager can sign? I believe the manager is allocated a budget. With that budget, it is up to him to see what he can sign with it. The budget is likely to cover transfer fees (not that we ever pay them much now), signing on fees and wages. The manager then has to decide how he wants to spend that cash. Might be that he wants to sign one quality player or 3 or 4 "journeymen" - as you put it. Don't think RP would really go against his manager's recommendations.

So, RP doesn't dictate the signing policy directly. That is the manager's choice.

DAVE1875
31-10-2010, 09:35 PM
How about we back Calderwood into getting the results we want to start coming in that will see us climb back up the table? starting with the Yams next week!

Instead of having petty discussions as to if Calderwood will be gone by January or if the team will be bottom when January comes.

Back the team. Back Calderwood.

GGTTH

Keith_M
31-10-2010, 09:37 PM

Are you for real? Give the guy a chance!

:bitchy:

Westie1875
31-10-2010, 09:39 PM
How about we back Calderwood into getting the results we want to start coming in that will see us climb back up the table? starting with the Yams next week!

Instead of having petty discussions as to if Calderwood will be gone by January or if the team will be bottom when January comes.

Back the team. Back Calderwood.

GGTTH

:top marks Starting on Sunday for those who aren't already on the bandwagon.

Bob Box Fish
01-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Just heading back after the game.

I asked this question some time ago regarding the backing of CC. He has more or less shown similar results to Sauzee.

IMO we are now in the position that unless we bring in new players ASAP we will could well be heading to the first division if Hamilton find any form.

There was effort today we just don't have the quality.

I have saw nothing from CC to suggest that he can turn it around with these players. What is the chance he will get some money to bring his own guys in?

If you consider spending say 500 / 750k and staying up vs losing around 3million
getting relegated then it's not so bad.

Kaiser1962
01-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Franck was sacked because he was never there!
We are not even a day into CC's first transfer window.

As regards the bit in bold you are obviously super bright, and something of a seer it would appear, perhaps you should buy out Petrie or Farmer or, at the very least, send Rod your CV.

I asked this question some time ago regarding the backing of CC. He has more or less shown similar results to Sauzee.

IMO we are now in the position that unless we bring in new players ASAP we will could well be heading to the first division if Hamilton find any form.

I have saw nothing from CC to suggest that he can turn it around with these players. What is the chance he will get some money to bring his own guys in?

If you consider spending say 500 / 750k and staying up vs losing around 3million

Craig_in_Prague
01-01-2011, 03:45 PM
What if you spend 500/700k and get relegated?

Daryl Duffy put in a shift and was praised for his overall play with suggestions he will be a good addition to the squad.
Broke his foot when he came to us, could happen to any player. Even one at 700k

yep,
just ask Hull who spent 5M or so on Bullard.

Duffy and Zouma back fit will see us get better.....not a lot, but hopefully enough to keep us up. That's all we need and then let the re building begin.

Cropley10
01-01-2011, 03:45 PM

You wont have heard Colin on the radio then, after the game. Sounded very down-hearted when asked if there were going to be any big changes in Jan, and replied "No"....

Bob Box Fish
01-01-2011, 03:51 PM
What if you spend 500/700k and get relegated?

Daryl Duffy put in a shift and was praised for his overall play with suggestions he will be a good addition to the squad.
Broke his foot when he came to us, could happen to any player. Even one at 700k

Then at least we tried.

Just can't see where another win will come from with this lot.

Sure there are bargains like Sproule, Jones, Killen, Murphy esk out there just got to look in the right places.

Kaiser1962
01-01-2011, 03:55 PM
And when asked by the BBC if he had "room for manoeuvre in the January transfer market" he replied "plenty". I just heard the interview you are on about and I though he was containing himself. Maybe its the Stranraer accent because what I know of CC is that he is a very driven individual and I am hoping C10 that he does have plans because while we got stuck in today there is no doubt we are poor.

sesoim
01-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Two wins out of eleven is very poor, but I expected this under CC. His previous record wasn't great and he doesn't come across as a motivator like Craig Brown or a guy who can make rubbish teams win games like Jimmy Calderwood.

Petrie WILL have to give CC money. But is he capable of spending it well? If he isn't we will be stuck in the bottom three come May. We are lucky Hamilton and St Mirren are so poor - if it was a ten team league like 1998 we would be heading down thanks to Petrie and his awful appointments.

sesoim
01-01-2011, 04:02 PM
And when asked by the BBC if he had "room for manoeuvre in the January transfer market" he replied "plenty". I just heard the interview you are on about and I though he was containing himself. Maybe its the Stranraer accent because what I know of CC is that he is a very driven individual and I am hoping C10 that he does have plans because while we got stuck in today there is no doubt we are poor.

He might be driven, but he doesn't sound like he could motivate anybody else. You could imagine Craig Brown coming in and lifting everybody with his personality and positivity. I couldn't imagine CC doing that. He comes across as borderline aspergers.

Kaiser1962
01-01-2011, 04:02 PM
You obviously dont rate CC (or Petrie) so who would you have given the job too?

Two wins out of eleven is very poor, but I expected this under CC. His previous record wasn't great and he doesn't come across as a motivator like Craig Brown or a guy who can make rubbish teams win games like Jimmy Calderwood.

Petrie WILL have to give CC money. But is he capable of spending it well? If he isn't we will be stuck in the bottom three come May. We are lucky Hamilton and St Mirren are so poor - if it was a ten team league like 1998 we would be heading down thanks to Petrie and his awful appointments.

Bob Box Fish
01-01-2011, 04:04 PM

I would take third bottom right now after seeing that today!

zlatan
01-01-2011, 04:07 PM
He needs time but it does seem slightly concerning that there isn't much signs of improvement in 14 games or so whereas Craig Brown has immediately turned around a squad just as shambolic, possible even more so, than ours.

Cropley10
01-01-2011, 04:14 PM
You obviously dont rate CC (or Petrie) so who would you have given the job too?

It doesn't matter who anyone else would have appointed.

Our (much lauded) Chairman has appointed how many managers now?

However many it is he's not very good at it, is he?

As others have pointed dear old Pa Broon has IMMEDIATELY turned round Aberdeen. And you can't tell me that they've got better players 1 to 11.

James70
01-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I keep hearing how much we stand to lose financially if we get relegated.

Who is to say that we would come straight back up again as we have no chance of assembling a new team along the lines of the one which got us promoted last time.

I hate to sound so pessimistic but relegation even for one season is simply not an option.