PDA

View Full Version : Admin..

SouthamptonHibs
30-10-2010, 10:03 PM
just a note.... why do we have yogi hughes picture on the hibs net site?...surely the way he's left our current first team he should be held in the same bracket as jim duffy back in 97!!!

Any chance we can take his mug off this site?...seems weird we have our greatest legends and next to it we have this buffon called hughes......just a thought if hibs netters like him up there fare play but I think he should get binned for what it's worth hail hail

Mikey
30-10-2010, 10:04 PM
If we removed all the mugs from the site it would be a pretty quiet place.

Irish_Steve
Yogi`s gone - when did that happen????????

Toaods
Already been mentioned recently, with arguments for and against.

I'm with you though...:wink:

SouthamptonHibs
30-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Already been mentioned recently, with arguments for and against.

I'm with you though...:wink:

i like the legends up there toads people that were great or done above and beyond there duty in a green and white jersey! I don't think hughes done any of the above in his two stages wi Hibs, if i'm right did he not captain us the season we went down!!

did you get a pass mate for next weekends beerfest? hail hail

SouthamptonHibs
30-10-2010, 10:09 PM
If we removed all the mugs from the site it would be a pretty quiet place.

fare play mate hail hail

Jim44
30-10-2010, 11:54 PM
I raised this point a week or two ago but was shot down. I agree with the OP and repeat that the particular prominence given to Hughes and Stokes in one of the banners is totally inappropriate in the present climate and am astonished that the website intends to stick with it. My objection seemed to be countered with an argument of ' these guys are part of our heritage and history and will stay'. I wonder if there is a more practical/economical reason. I hope the powers that be reconsider their misguided reasoning.

marinello59
30-10-2010, 11:59 PM
I raised this point a week or two ago but was shot down. I agree with the OP and repeat that the particular prominence given to Hughes and Stokes in one of the banners is totally inappropriate in the present climate and am astonished that the website intends to stick with it. My objection seemed to be countered with an argument of ' these guys are part of our heritage and history and will stay'. I wonder if there is a more practical/economical reason. I hope the powers that be reconsider their misguided reasoning.

Unfortunately we have allowed work and family life to interfere with our 24/7 duties here. We are working on something new, watch this space. Or that one.:greengrin

Jim44
31-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Unfortunately we have allowed work and family life to interfere with our 24/7 duties here. We are working on something new, watch this space. Or that one.:greengrin

I think everyone appreciates (I certainly do) all the work and time you guys devote to the website, marinello59 and good on you all. However, maybe a simple, 'yes, we know the image is inappropriate and it will be addressed in due course' response to an understandable and not unreasonable observation might have sufficed. Pleased to hear that a change is in the pipeline.