PDA

View Full Version : Yams Well Said, Mixu.

Sergey
30-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Noticed a quote in today's Daily Record where Mixu said; "Hearts are traditionally a big, physical team...." I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

I sincerely hope Nish is back next week to give us an aerial threat up front, and Bamba and Hanlon will have to be on the top of their games against Kyle.

I'm sure CC will have the defence doing a lot of heading practise this week.

Mikey
30-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Mixu's just saying what the Hearts fans were sayng a couple of weeks ago. There was a thread over the road praising the team for being much more physical.

There's no doubt that they'll turn up next week looking for a battle. A wide pitch and perfect surface doesn't suit them one bit.

bighairyfaeleith
30-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Mixu's just saying what the Hearts fans were sayng a couple of weeks ago. There was a thread over the road praising the team for being much more physical.

There's no doubt that they'll turn up next week looking for a battle. A wide pitch and perfect surface doesn't suit them one bit.

trouble is so far this season it hasn't suited us either, but if the players can't lift there game for the **** then we have far bigger problems than we thought!!

500miles
30-10-2010, 07:36 PM
If we play like we did today against Hearts, we've got a fair chance at the full three points. Nish back will help alot - Riordan wasn't comfortable collecting the ball in isolated areas and took on shots when he should have been knocking the ball across the box. Nish would have played someone else in, but part of what makes Riordan a good player went against him in those situations today.

tamig
30-10-2010, 07:38 PM

You are having a laugh? They have two decent wide players who could do severe damage down the wings in their quest to feed Kyle. The wider pitch should suit them just fine. :rolleyes:

BoltonHibee
30-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Noticed a quote in today's Daily Record where Mixu said; "Hearts are traditionally a big, physical team...." I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

I sincerely hope Nish is back next week to give us an aerial threat up front, and Bamba and Hanlon will have to be on the top of their games against Kyle.

I'm sure CC will have the defence doing a lot of heading practise this week.

An aerial threat? Since when?:confused:

KeithTheHibby
30-10-2010, 07:57 PM
You are having a laugh? They have two decent wide players who could do severe damage down the wings in their quest to feed Kyle. The wider pitch should suit them just fine. :rolleyes:

Great point.

Plus we seem to lose every battle in midfield these days should therefore ensure another defeat for us.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-10-2010, 08:01 PM

Is it not possible to narrow the pitch or do the dimensions need to be consistent throughout the season ? Would have thought the former as long as meets minimum regs?

Dirkster23
30-10-2010, 08:01 PM

Exactly, genuine wide players that'll look to get past the fullbacks and whip balls in for Kyle. They'll have Skacel making runs from midfield too.

Time to get Murray into midfield and try and win the battle in the middle of the park:agree:

3pm
30-10-2010, 08:08 PM
We should just kick the 5h1t out them next week.

Greenblood70
30-10-2010, 08:21 PM
It goes against the grain completely for me but if I was Calderwood I'd be adopting exactly the same taactics as the **** did against us at ER in the first derby after the CIS win.

Get out of this fixture with a 0-0 or snatch a 1-0 win and lets start to repair the damage. A defeat on Sunday and it's subsequent affect on players and fans does not bare thinking about.

I ****ing hate those hertz *******s so the players better give everything.

Hibby 2005
30-10-2010, 08:31 PM
I fear Hearts will win.

They are physical but also have a cutting edge and will outfight us in midfield where it matters most.

They'll also probably score with at least one header as we cannot defend crosses.

LTYF

Mikey
31-10-2010, 03:19 PM

I certainly am having a laugh. I'm having a laugh at the number of references to Hearts HOOFING the ball up to Kyle today.

That's what they do. HOOOOOOOOF!

HibbyAndy
31-10-2010, 03:22 PM
I certainly am having a laugh. I'm having a laugh at the number of references to Hearts HOOFING the ball up to Kyle today.

That what they do. HOOOOOOOOF!

:agree:

Pretty dire and pathetic to watch, They are so one dimensional its unreal.

Sergey
31-10-2010, 03:23 PM

That what they do. HOOOOOOOOF!

I noticed that every time that the Yam keeper had the ball, he simply launched a hopeful hoof up the park in the general direction of Kyle.

matty_f
31-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Hoooooooooooooof!

HibbyAndy
31-10-2010, 03:28 PM
They will be the same next week, Keeper kicking it right into our box for Kyle, Tell you what we better have a strong ref next week as Kyle and Zaliuskas will be tugging kicking elbowing everything in Green! And that wee ugly weasil faced Suso will put his sly wee digs in too, We BETTER have a strong decent ref, Cause these bampots will be out to kick us off the park.

Hibercelona
31-10-2010, 03:34 PM
They will be the same next week, Keeper kicking it right into our box for Kyle, Tell you what we better have a strong ref next week as Kyle and Zaliuskas will be tugging kicking elbowing everything in Green! And that wee ugly weasil faced Suso will put his sly wee digs in too, We BETTER have a strong decent ref, Cause these bampots will be out to kick us off the park.

Hearts wouldn't be kicking us about the park if our players actually had any baws.

We shouldn't be relying on a strong referee. Its strong players that we need.

If the team get bullied around next week. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Tynecastle is absolutely disgusting.

The seats are discoloured and the Asbo-Stand is horrible to look at. An absolute embarrassment of a stadium.

It's inhabited by * as well.

tamig
31-10-2010, 03:49 PM

That's what they do. HOOOOOOOOF!

Let's see if we're so smug next week then. I certainly hope so - but I fear they will rip the pish down the wings. One things for sure, they will be up for it. I hope CC has our boys equally fired up.

HibbyAndy
31-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Tynecastle is absolutely disgusting.

The seats are discoloured and the Asbo-Stand is horrible to look at. An absolute embarrassment of a stadium.

It's inhabited by * as well.

Absolute cringeworthy :agree: What our English neighbours must have thought when they saw that million year old ran sacked crumbling stand :bitchy:

Still once they demolish it and build there 51 million new main stand with ensuite facilities shopping mall cinema etc...Man utd and the likes will be green with envy :agree:

A truly disgusting pathetic current main stand that really has to be the worst in Scotland. I truly did shudder with disbelief on seeing it.

matty_f
31-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Let's see if we're so smug next week then. I certainly hope so - but I fear they will rip the pish down the wings. One things for sure, they will be up for it. I hope CC has our boys equally fired up.

Reckon hart and grounds will cope with them. :agree:

Mibbes Aye
31-10-2010, 07:51 PM
It'll certainly be interesting.

Calderwood's got a lot of games under his belt as a manager so he'll have come up against sides that play a physical game before. He'll be no stranger to oppositions with big players who like the direct style, however unpleasing on the eye.

Hopefully he'll be able to take that experience and instil the appropriate gameplan in the team because there's nothing so disruptive as an opposition who just set out to foul, clog and punt at every opportunity.

tamig
31-10-2010, 08:01 PM
It'll certainly be interesting.

Calderwood's got a lot of games under his belt as a manager so he'll have come up against sides that play a physical game before. He'll be no stranger to oppositions with big players who like the direct style, however unpleasing on the eye.

Hopefully he'll be able to take that experience and instil the appropriate gameplan in the team because there's nothing so disruptive as an opposition who just set out to foul, clog and punt at every opportunity.
I remember the first time we played Killie at ER last season (or maybe the end of the previous season) it was a battle royal between Bamba and Kyle. Bamba was with him the whole game and came out on top. Hopefully it'll be more of the same next weekend.

Mango Man
31-10-2010, 08:23 PM
I remember the first time we played Killie at ER last season (or maybe the end of the previous season) it was a battle royal between Bamba and Kyle. Bamba was with him the whole game and came out on top. Hopefully it'll be more of the same next weekend.

Aye thats right, that was actually the last game i was at, Bamba was very impressive that day, had Kyle in his back poaket. I'm sure Big Sol can do it again, Kyle is mince, he's just a big dirty radge. :thumbsup: