PDA

View Full Version : Can colin calderwood turn this around

Hibees07
30-10-2010, 05:14 PM
As it say's on the tin.

This is not a 'have a go at Calderwood' thread but do you think he can turn these results around.

I personally would have hoped for at least a point from the last 2 games, now with Hearts & Rangers coming up can he get any points on the board.

I really have a fear that losing the next 2 games could demoralise the players & fans so much that it will be a major task getting out the relegation zone.

Andy74
30-10-2010, 05:24 PM
As it say's on the tin.

This is not a 'have a go at Calderwood' thread but do you think he can turn these results around.

I personally would have hoped for at least a point from the last 2 games, now with Hearts & Rangers coming up can he get any points on the board.

I really have a fear that losing the next 2 games could demoralise the players & fans so much that it will be a major task getting out the relegation zone.

Today's performance was a complete turnaround.

We had a good shape and were well up for it all over the park. I don't think we'll be down there too long once CC gets even more time with them.

He got a performance out of De Graaf as well!

bigstu
30-10-2010, 05:26 PM
as it say's on the tin.

This is not a 'have a go at calderwood' thread but do you think he can turn these results around.

I personally would have hoped for at least a point from the last 2 games, now with hearts & rangers coming up can he get any points on the board.

yes he can

oregonhibby
30-10-2010, 05:29 PM
At least Calderwood has more time than McLeish and hopefully a January transfer window.

Also, If we are to ship the greater majority of the players out of contract in the summer good signings will be needed to ensure some decent form next year. I imagine, initially, we might see some good hard English Championship type players to make us hard to beat. I don't see stylish attacking play until we get more points on the Board.

Baldy Foghorn
30-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Really think he can... The improvement Today against last week was tenfold.... We looked more like a unit today, and were unfortunate to say the least.... Poor result, but a great deal of positives to be taken....

matty_f
30-10-2010, 05:31 PM
yes he can

:agree:

The problems run deeper than those that a week and a half of training can solve. Calderwood is, IMHO, a manager that can get the simple things done well - which is exactly what is needed just now.

His first task is to steady the ship - the next couple of games are going to be very tough for him, but not impossible. So long as the performances keep improving, we'll be ok.

He needs to improve the squad come January, though - of that there is no question.

ancienthibby
30-10-2010, 05:31 PM
CC has shown today that he is on his way to sorting the defence out! That's a real step forward.

We are restricted with our strikers and fielding Deeks as the only striker was a forced choice!

The midget midfield will take longer to sort out, but getting de Graaf back to a decent performance was a plus. A much bigger plus will come when he can get Miller back to his known quality form!!

Why slag the Manager when he is committed with this squad till Jan 31 at least?:grr:

Today was progress. Accept it and move on!

Westie1875
30-10-2010, 05:34 PM
I believe he can. The fans need to stick with him though, those that were at the game today seem to recognise an improvement already and it sounds like we were unlucky.

The next couple of games will be tough and we could lose them both (I don't think we will though), but we need to be patient. Next round of fixtures we should hopefully see an improvement in both performances and points accumulated, the team and manager need the support now more than ever if they are going to turn it around.

joebakerforever
30-10-2010, 05:35 PM
It will probably depend on whether Petrie gives CC a realistic budget and does not run true to form where he has pulled the rug from under previous managers by selling off star players and then providing a meagre fraction of the proceeds for the incumbent to reinvest in replacements.

Cue Petrie brown nosers to come on here defending Rod's fiscal prudence and ignoring his pivotal role in our decline on the field :yawn:

hibees53
30-10-2010, 05:40 PM
It will probably depend on whether Petrie gives CC a realistic budget and does not run true to form where he has pulled the rug from under previous managers by selling off star players and then providing a meagre fraction of the proceeds for the incumbent to reinvest in replacements.

Cue Petrie brown nosers to come on here defending Rod's fiscal prudence and ignoring his pivotal role in our decline on the field :yawn:

Easy now....or you will be accused of being a Jambo...and I agree with everything you have said re the investment on the field and the lack of ambition by the board.

SquashedFrogg
30-10-2010, 05:44 PM
As it say's on the tin.

It seems to be a wee bit similar to when McLeish took over. I'm not saying we'll go down. McLeish came in later on in the season. But this team needs quite a bit of fixing which aint going to happen in two or three weeks.

What he doesn't need is fans questioning his abilities after two games. :bitchy:

ancienthibby
30-10-2010, 05:47 PM

The new manager says he has been given a 'perfect budget' by RP (and the Board) and yet you see fit to slag RP needlessly.:grr::grr:

thebakerboy
30-10-2010, 05:52 PM

Petrie's problem is that I don't see any star players to sell now and I include Deek in that , so now we have to develop a team on the park from somewhere , where I don't know but have to hope the loanee's will come back to be stars.:greengrin

joebakerforever
30-10-2010, 05:59 PM
The new manager says he has been given a 'perfect budget' by RP (and the Board) and yet you see fit to slag RP needlessly.:grr::grr:

Aye just ignore the "perfect budgets" Rod has handed down previously - like to quantify the amount, or have I missed the actual figure being quoted ?

If you think Rod's previous on player reinvestment has been acceptable then you must be another deluded Petrie happy clapper :bye:

Dashing Bob S
30-10-2010, 06:12 PM
If we continue to improve in terms of organisation and effort in the coming weeks as we have in the first week, then we'll do okay. I think 4th or even 3rd is still a realistic target.

I think Calderwood is our first manager in a long time to realise that while we have a decent squad by SPL standards, it isn't good enough to pass teams of the park. We haven't had that pace and verve since Mowbrays young golden generation, and Collins, Hughes and possibly even Mixu, to some extent, failed because they tried to deliver that kind of football with personnel who simply went good enough.

That said, organised, playing with a recognized system and with players in position, we are way better than most dross in that League.

ancienthibby
30-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Aye just ignore the "perfect budgets" Rod has handed down previously - like to quantify the amount, or have I missed the actual figure being quoted ?

If you think Rod's previous on player reinvestment has been acceptable then you must be another deluded Petrie happy clapper :bye:

You need a severe wake-up call!!

All the managers make the call on players to be brought in, not RP.

You (being a newcomer) should check thread history and you will find that it is the last 4 or 5 managers that have brought in dubious player quality.:agree:

You could also check and you would find that the Board has created the finest infrastructure for Hibs, in part at the promptings of managers.:bye::bye:

Of course why would you want to let facts get in the way of your biases?:taxi

matty_f
30-10-2010, 06:31 PM

You (being a newcomer) should check thread history and you will find that it is the last 4 or 5 managers that have brought in dubious player quality.:agree:

You could also check and you would find that the Board has created the finest infrastructure for Hibs, in part at the promptings of managers.:bye::bye:

You're wasting your time - there are people who will refuse to ever acknowledge the circumstances and reasons behind the board's actions, will refuse to acknowledge that we're at breaking point with what we're spending at the moment, and refuse to see the reason that there is a limit on how much we spend.

It's far easier to start shouting about empty shiny new stands etc.

Nobody can disagree that we should sign a better calibre of player. Ask any fan of any club on the planet and they'd say the same. Actually looking at the reality of it and seeing why we've signed at the level we have recently is a different story, even then, it's ignoring the relatively big investments made in securing Miller, Stokes, Riordan etc

Albion Hibs
30-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Today's performance was a complete turnaround.

We had a good shape and were well up for it all over the park. I don't think we'll be down there too long once CC gets even more time with them.

He got a performance out of De Graaf as well!

Agreed mate. I thought we played really well today and were unlucky not to take one point, maybe even three.

If nothing else he has the team organised.

I think we have enough in the back four + support, the midfield did well, based on today I would be tempted to put murray in for Rankin and up front I think we will struggle until Nish/Duffy are available.

All in all while I am disapointed with the result saw enough to make me think we have a shot at taking some points next week.

HibbyAndy
30-10-2010, 06:49 PM
He will certainly steady the ship and stop leaking so many goals, We wont be in danger of relegation imo, But this team has its work cut out making the top 6 ,Again imo.

We need a couple new faces in January. Im certainly right behind CC and i do believe he is the man to take us forward, He just needs to get rid of the dross and assemble his sqaud in the summer.

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
30-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Calderwood can turn this around. He is exactly the type of guy we needed, organisation and results first, pretty football second.

There was a marked improvement today, no way did we deserve to come away with nothing. Team looked more balanced, we are just a bit short up front which is no fault of Calderwood's. If we can start getting ourselves in front in games I don't think we will lose to many.

What worries me next week is that there could be a hell of a lot of empty spaces in the stands, hardly going to inspire our players who are already short of confidence. We need all the support we can get yet the club, as usual, will do very little to get any extra through the gates.

hibees53
30-10-2010, 06:55 PM

Totally agree with you Joe,dont think Calderwood can turn this around with the players that are available to him,Petrie will have to show more ambition on the playing side or we will be in deep trouble.

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Not with these players imho. It sems to me we are seeing the little bit of upturn we all see with a new manager, a little better performance yet another defeat. Normally you get a win or two when a new man comes in, but not this time it seems.:boo hoo: It wont be long before normal service continues, these players are not good enough for any better imho, and now it seems we missed Nish. How bad have we got when we miss that numpty?

I believe we need other players in January and the summer. Middle of the table at best for this lot, at worst a relegation battle.:boo hoo:

Albion Hibs
30-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Not with these players imho. It sems to me we are seeing the little bit of upturn we all see with a new manager, a little better performance yet another defeat. Normally you get a win or two when a new man comes in, but not this time it seems.:boo hoo: It wont be long before normal service continues, these players are not good enough for any better imho, and now it seems we missed Nish. How bad have we got when we miss that numpty?

I believe we need other players in January and the summer. Middle of the table at best for this lot, at worst a relegation battle.:boo hoo:

Would not be bothered for January signings I think we have a team good enough to compete this year.

Why based on todays performance would you think that we will be in a relegation battle?

erin go bragh
30-10-2010, 07:21 PM
As it say's on the tin.

**** aye , much better the day and when we beat the pink mob next sunday we will turn our season around:wink: GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Would not be bothered for January signings I think we have a team good enough to compete this year.

Why based on todays performance would you think that we will be in a relegation battle?

Well unless its gone unnoticed, we lost again. We are sitting 3rd from bottom that is a battle for relegation in my book.

Albion Hibs
30-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Well unless its gone unnoticed, we lost again. We are sitting 3rd from bottom that is a battle for relegation in my book..

Result, agreed not the ideal - dont know when in our time as a team we thought we would go to places like Dundee and take an easy win.

You said with these players we may be in for a relegation fight, I was asking about todays performance and your thoughts on that?

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2010, 07:32 PM

Result, agreed not the ideal - dont know when in our time as a team we thought we would go to places like Dundee and take an easy win.

You said with these players we may be in for a relegation fight, I was asking about todays performance and your thoughts on that?

Not there today, did not see the performance.

07hibee
30-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Heard the defence was rock solid,only mistake leading to the goal,surely thats a good sign?

bighairyfaeleith
30-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I reckon he can do it, didn't see the game today but what I heard on the radio suggested we played more as a team today than last week, so I think he is starting to make progress.

Personally I'm not going to pay any attention to results until the end of november, save me going demented :greengrin

hibby67
30-10-2010, 07:41 PM
lets not panic
i was not at the game but it sounded a better display and more of a team effort
i will look at it as a progression from last week...... if we can get another progression in the next few weeks then i will be happy......
i am sure he will turn this around but it will take a bit of time....

Albion Hibs
30-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Heard the defence was rock solid,only mistake leading to the goal,surely thats a good sign?

Defense played well, Daily was taken off with about 20 to go because the defense had him in the back pocket. With the expection of the usual threat from a set piece they did not do much and I would go as far as to say they were lucky to get there drawn, and did not deserve there win.

Cant remember the last time I said that about a Hibs team playing away to Utd. With a couple of striking options back in Nish and Duffy I think we can start to pull ourselves back up the league.

500miles
30-10-2010, 07:43 PM
With Zemmama to come back, Booth to come in, and the Duffy's return to fitness on the horizon?

Welsh and Byrne will also come into the equation.

As well as the prosect of the Transfer window.

There's plenty hope yet, and we are at a stage in the season where we should be more concerned by those ahead of us, than those behind.

--------
30-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Calderwood can turn this around. He is exactly the type of guy we needed, organisation and results first, pretty football second.

There was a marked improvement today, no way did we deserve to come away with nothing. Team looked more balanced, we are just a bit short up front which is no fault of Calderwood's. If we can start getting ourselves in front in games I don't think we will lose to many.

What worries me next week is that there could be a hell of a lot of empty spaces in the stands, hardly going to inspire our players who are already short of confidence. We need all the support we can get yet the club, as usual, will do very little to get any extra through the gates.

:agree: Absolutely.

Right now he's working with the squad Hughes left him. I confidently expect him to get MUCH more out of certain players than Hughes did, to identify those who aren't capable of giving more and move them on, and to sign additions to the squad in January who WILL make a difference in the second half of the season.

Back in the day a manager arrived at a club and immediately brought in 3 or 4 new players to freshen the team and lift the fans. Nowadays he has to wait for the window, which makes life a wee bit tricky - he has to work with his predecessor's leavings. In CC's case, he really hasn't a lot of options up front - thank you, Mr Hughes.... :rolleyes:

However, I REALLY don't think we'll go down - but the rest of the season may not be the unbroken run of glorious victories some folks seem to think they're entitled to.

We have a good enough squad to stay up fairly comfortably, IMO. CC has been downright unlucky with his opening run of fixtures - Pittodrie, Tannadice, and Ibrox, with a Jambo derby thrown in as well.

We need to calm down and give the guy a chance. I'm sure he'll turn us around.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Having initially not been too enamoured with the appointment of Calderwood, I'm now more confident than ever that he'll do a great job, even after two defeats.

For too long now, we've bordered on the ridiculous with our expectations of tippy tappy Hollywood football that produces results.

Fair enough, that might grab us points as well as plaudits in La Liga or the EPL but Scottish football is sheeeeite. It's a league full of cloggers, hoofers and industrial 'athletes' who, if you've got enough of them will prevail over the tip-tap poncey pass-fest that we plums sponsor ourselves by. It just doesn't work in our league.

CC will get us organised, boring, dull, strong and cohesive and will by hook or by crook, have us win more than we lose.

And whilst we'd love to pass teams to death and put the ball in the pokey on the back of a ten man move, it ain't gonna happen.

I don't care anymore if we adopt a style more in keeping with f***ing Wimbledon, so long as I can kick back on a Saturday evening with a Nelson Mandela safe in the knowledge we've notched another 3 points on the board and not attempted to skilfully pass our way to a 4v1 defeat I'll be happy.

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-10-2010, 07:56 PM
The very least I'd expect from the players is better performances, they should all be bursting a gut to impress the new manager, especially those out of contract at the end of the season, but other teams are picking up wins and its very naive to believe we are not in any danger just cause they played better today.

If the Yams were in our position and had lost again but were saying at least it's getting better we'd be ripping the piss out of them.

We need a massive, massive performance next week if we're to take anything out of it. The derbies haven't went to form over the past two seasons so hopefully that continues next weekend.

Can CC turn it around, yes I think we can, but I'm not expecting much from this season tbh.

sesoim
30-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Having initially not been too enamoured with the appointment of Calderwood, I'm now more confident than ever that he'll do a great job, even after two defeats.

For too long now, we've bordered on the ridiculous with our expectations of tippy tappy Hollywood football that produces results.

Fair enough, that might grab us points as well as plaudits in La Liga or the EPL but Scottish football is sheeeeite. It's a league full of cloggers, hoofers and industrial 'athletes' who, if you've got enough of them will prevail over the tip-tap poncey pass-fest that we plums sponsor ourselves by. It just doesn't work in our league.

CC will get us organised, boring, dull, strong and cohesive and will by hook or by crook, have us win more than we lose.

And whilst we'd love to pass teams to death and put the ball in the pokey on the back of a ten man move, it ain't gonna happen.

I don't care anymore if we adopt a style more in keeping with f***ing Wimbledon, so long as I can kick back on a Saturday evening with a Nelson Mandela safe in the knowledge we've notched another 3 points on the board and not attempted to skilfully pass our way to a 4v1 defeat I'll be happy.

I'd hope we can get a balance - ie defend when we need to and attack when we can. Our record against Rangers for example has been awful recently because we play into their hands.

I'd accept back to the walls defending against teams better than us if we have a genuine chance of picking up points. But there is no excuse for us not beating half the SPL quite comfortably (and with a wee bit of style) - after all we have a bigger wage budget than most of them, so we should have a better team. And if we play crap football all the time, we'll be back to the Miller/Blobby years where 7000 were turning up.

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2010, 08:26 PM
I'd hope we can get a balance - ie defend when we need to and attack when we can. Our record against Rangers for example has been awful recently because we play into their hands.

I'd accept back to the walls defending against teams better than us if we have a genuine chance of picking up points. But there is no excuse for us not beating half the SPL quite comfortably (and with a wee bit of style) - after all we have a bigger wage budget than most of them, so we should have a better team. And if we play crap football all the time, we'll be back to the Miller/Blobby years where 7000 were turning up.

I'd say not having enough good players, or better players than half the SPL is a big enough excuse. :confused:

BoltonHibee
30-10-2010, 08:29 PM
I'd say not having enough good players, or better players than half the SPL is a big enough excuse. :confused:

Yes you are right. Your beloved left us in this situation!

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Yes you are right. Your beloved left us in this situation!

I agree Moray, he tried he failed it was time to leave. CC has a very difficult job ahead.

Cropley10
30-10-2010, 08:52 PM

You post nothing but utter keek IMHO.

But that first para absolutely takes the prize.

We don't need to sign anyone in January. Unbelievable.

LTYF

FitbaFolkKen
30-10-2010, 08:58 PM

LTYF

Taken out of context here a bit i think, reading other posts it's clear that the idea is that Albion would prefer a major overhaul of the squad was left to the summer.

I think we will finish mid table with the current squad which si probably the best we can hope for before moving into next season I would think.

joebakerforever
30-10-2010, 09:02 PM

LTYF

More like LTPF :greengrin

Lmc2105
30-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Today has to be the first Hibs performance i have enjoyed in months.
it was actually great to see us go forward instead of passing from defence to mid to def and to keeper.

Yes he can turn it around we should have won today .. and i am much more Confident going into next weeks Derby!

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2010, 09:15 PM
I think its fantastic we are losing a lot better than we used to. :top marks

bighairyfaeleith
30-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Taken out of context here a bit i think, reading other posts it's clear that the idea is that Albion would prefer a major overhaul of the squad was left to the summer.

I think we will finish mid table with the current squad which si probably the best we can hope for before moving into next season I would think.

He does talk a fair bit of keek TBH:agree:

bighairyfaeleith
30-10-2010, 09:17 PM
I think its fantastic we are losing a lot better than we used to. :top marks

I actually think we could, with a bit of luck, get relegated better than any other season in our history.

FitbaFolkKen
30-10-2010, 09:18 PM
He does talk a fair bit of keek TBH:agree:

I'll be honest I've read a fair few posts of his I don't agree with, however I think some of the responses have been a bit over the top.

Although I might be talking keek :wink:

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2010, 09:22 PM
I actually think we could, with a bit of luck, get relegated better than any other season in our history.

:faf::top marks

ekhibee
30-10-2010, 09:23 PM

It really annoys me when a job is only half done, and to me, that is the situation here, because the money on the infrastructure is absolutely pointless and a complete waste of money if you are not prepared to spend enough on the team as well. And I can understand and totally relate to the fans frustration about the fare on offer, because it's piss poor. But personally, I would give the board a couple more years to see if there really is an end product in terms of what can be achieved on the pitch in terms of new talent coming through the ranks, and reducing the debt to such an extent that they really would not have an excuse to do anything other than spend money on the team itself. We do have some good youngsters at the club, but at the moment there are very few players in the first team that I think they can look up to and learn from. I would use Paul Hanlon as an example, I think he is a very promising centre half but Hogg, to me anyway, is not the person on the park who is going to help Hanlon to develop on the park.
It could be argued that, to a certain extent, the great facilities we have at the moment are totally wasted if the majority of the players in the 1st team are not players that are going to get any better, and are not going to help the club to develop and build into a formidable outfit, because at the moment we're only half way there; we've developed significantly off the pitch but not on it. Job half done IMO, 2 years max should be given to see if the fortunes on the pitch can be turned around with a different squad of players than the ones we have at the moment, because sadly they really do not look up to the task.After that, if the situation remains the same, I for one will not be going back. I travel a long way to go to Hibs games, and I do it willingly, but it's expensive to go to football, and it gets harder and harder to justify spending £23 approx for an hour and a half of something that just doesn't qualify as entertainment, at the moment anyway.

joebakerforever
30-10-2010, 10:04 PM

If you were that precise on facts if you classify me as newcomer, what does that make you as I have been registered on here longer than you?

Just because you churn out drivel by the bucketload does not make you an expert.

Still not provided in black & white the facts you refer to .

You and the other verbose Petrie apologist on here have still avoided the pertinent question that the amounts reinvested in replacing those sold are paltry compared to what has been taken in in the first place.

As others have said what is the rationale of investing heavily in the stadium when the on field quality has continually been diluted ?

Yes it's nice to admire a quality stadium, but I'd prefer to see decent fare on the pitch.

I wish CC all the best and sincerely hope he at least gets a decent wedge of the Stokes money .

Removed
30-10-2010, 10:20 PM
If you were that precise on facts if you classify me as newcomer, what does that make you as I have been registered on here longer than you?

Just because you churn out drivel by the bucketload does not make you an expert.

Owned lol

:thumbsup:

rossf18
30-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Definitely an improvement for us today. Calderwood needs time and I really think he's the man to turn us around. The team looked a lot more structured and we actually moved the ball around with pace and for once I actually liked the way we set out. Not like the stop start stop start stuff we had under Hughes.

He still needs time to bring in his own players. Today we where stuck with only Riordan to lead the line and he'll never be the target man forward. Trackys is still not fit and haven't seen much good from him yet tbh. Looking forward to Duffy and Zemamma coming back, add them with a couple of new additions in Jan and we'll be a much better team. Fans just need to be patient.

Albion Hibs
30-10-2010, 11:26 PM

LTYF

Funny was just thinking the same about your dribble.

Surely after seeing the game today you must think we are good enough to compete?

More like LTPF :greengrin

What does LTPF mean?

hibiedude
31-10-2010, 06:13 AM
As most have said we had a good shape today and we were well up for it all over the park.

But thanks to Yogi's tranfers the quality isn't there so Januarys tranfer window can't come soon enough so Calderwood Can bring in his own players.

CC has been in charge 2 games both ending in defeat but the big test is next week when the manager will have another week with the players under his belt.

R'Albin
31-10-2010, 07:52 AM
I thought we played well today, same as last week on another day we could have won that, oh and why the hell did rankin take the pen!?!?:grr:

weonlywon6-2
31-10-2010, 08:05 AM
As it say's on the tin.

yes,without a doubt !!

Lucius Apuleius
31-10-2010, 08:27 AM
It really annoys me when a job is only half done, and to me, that is the situation here, because the money on the infrastructure is absolutely pointless and a complete waste of money if you are not prepared to spend enough on the team as well. And I can understand and totally relate to the fans frustration about the fare on offer, because it's piss poor. But personally, I would give the board a couple more years to see if there really is an end product in terms of what can be achieved on the pitch in terms of new talent coming through the ranks, and reducing the debt to such an extent that they really would not have an excuse to do anything other than spend money on the team itself. We do have some good youngsters at the club, but at the moment there are very few players in the first team that I think they can look up to and learn from. I would use Paul Hanlon as an example, I think he is a very promising centre half but Hogg, to me anyway, is not the person on the park who is going to help Hanlon to develop on the park.
It could be argued that, to a certain extent, the great facilities we have at the moment are totally wasted if the majority of the players in the 1st team are not players that are going to get any better, and are not going to help the club to develop and build into a formidable outfit, because at the moment we're only half way there; we've developed significantly off the pitch but not on it. Job half done IMO, 2 years max should be given to see if the fortunes on the pitch can be turned around with a different squad of players than the ones we have at the moment, because sadly they really do not look up to the task.After that, if the situation remains the same, I for one will not be going back. I travel a long way to go to Hibs games, and I do it willingly, but it's expensive to go to football, and it gets harder and harder to justify spending £23 approx for an hour and a half of something that just doesn't qualify as entertainment, at the moment anyway.

An analogy. We are building a pretty big gas plant. We could not start building the gas plant until we had the infrastructure in place. Whilst getting the infrastructure in place we did a few off-sites jobs. This is emblematic to me of signing a few journeymen that we can afford until the infrastructure is in place to allow the real building to start. Problem we are having at the minute though is progress looks a lot slower than it should be. Once we are not using our resources on infrastructure they will be used on building. The aforementioned statement only true if we are not losing money, which taking out transfer fees, we are.

essexhibee
31-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Very unlucky to lose yesterday, played most of the football. Feel a bit happier now about Calderwood, set up a good looking team yesterday.

What a difference Galbraith made!! And De Graff through the middle!!

Absolutely ****ting it for the derby as losing ruins my week but i hope Calderwood can get us a result.

Tobias Funke
13-02-2019, 01:36 PM
I really hope Paul Calderbottom can turn us around too.:aok:

NthCarolinaHibs
13-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Scary reading some of these old posts..😱

Squirrel 1875
13-02-2019, 01:51 PM
I really hope Paul Calderbottom can turn us around too.:aok:

This forum really needs to get to grips with the trolls. Paul hasn’t even started yet.

Pretty Boy
13-02-2019, 02:03 PM
This recent trend towards digging up old threads to have a pop at views expressed at a different time or prove a point without context is getting tiresome.

Thread closed