PDA

View Full Version : Not attending the Derby????

ivan03
30-10-2010, 10:55 AM
why not? Because we're on a bad run? because we're playing poor football? because u think hearts will gub us?

if you call yourself a HIBS SUPPORTER... then come on guys!
Get yourself down to ER and buy a ticket for next sunday, and lets fill easter rd for the 1st time since the east stand was built! and get right behind OUR team and really be the 12th man of Hibernian Football Club to give us the best chance to beat the ****!

frazeHFC
30-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Who said they're not going?

Anyway, i'll certainly be there as always :thumbsup:

MSK
30-10-2010, 11:01 AM
why not? Because we're on a bad run? because we're playing poor football? because u think hearts will gub us?

Get yourself down to ER and buy a ticket for next sunday, and lets fill easter rd for the 1st time since the east stand was built! and get right behind OUR team and really be the 12th man of Hibernian Football Club to give us the best chance to beat the ****!A win today will put a good few more bums on seats ..fingers crossed ..:agree:

Albion Hibs
30-10-2010, 11:04 AM

Get yourself down to ER and buy a ticket for next sunday, and lets fill easter rd for the 1st time since the east stand was built! and get right behind OUR team and really be the 12th man of Hibernian Football Club to give us the best chance to beat the ****!

Agreed mate, will be down there, no way I am missing that one, no point going to places like Aberdeen and Dundee if I am not going to the road to watch us turn over the jumbos.

Most of my mates are yams and it is suprising how confiedent these tankers are. They are only 6 points in front of us. If we had been even a little better i.e. pen against ICT we would be right next to them.

Plus, last season we were miles ahead of them in the league and they had the better of us in the derbys, maybe our low position in the table means it is our turn.

Lets get into them.

therealgavmac
30-10-2010, 11:19 AM
I'll be there - that's all.

Wembley67
30-10-2010, 11:24 AM
I wont be.

Entertaining cousins who are Hearts fans that are up from down South :confused:

scott7_0(Prague)
30-10-2010, 11:29 AM

I aint going back this year...my choice.

Albanian Hibs
30-10-2010, 11:31 AM
I can't go cause I will be in Albania meeting the in-laws :bitchy:

Diclonius
30-10-2010, 11:39 AM
I'll be there, as always. Haven't missed a derby for over three years.

zlatan
30-10-2010, 11:47 AM
I can't be arsed

hibiedude
30-10-2010, 11:49 AM

if you HIBS SUPPORTERcall yourself a ... then come on guys!

I'll be there but I hate this 'If YOU CALL YOURSELF SUPPORTER RUBBISH' there's many resaon some fans cant make the game so it dosent make them a lessor fan than you.

And why give only 3 options. why not add because your busy ?

ivan03
30-10-2010, 11:53 AM
just wish we could get everyone who says there a hibee to actually go and support them! try get a full stadium, a good atmosphere to cheer on the team as they clearly need it.... big time!!

ivan03
30-10-2010, 11:54 AM
I'll be there but I hate this 'If YOU CALL YOURSELF SUPPORTER RUBBISH' there's many resaon some fans cant make the game so it dosent make them a lessor fan than you.

well if your busy, then your busy! what im saying is.. the people that arent going cos wer rubbish should go and get behind them! thats all :)

ivan03
30-10-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm not going, suppose I'd better find another team to support.
Who should I run the list of other teams by?
Should I provide details about the other things I do in my life? just in case they don't meet the standards set.

going to be a stressful day now.

whats the need in the smart comments? all im saying is... COME ON LETS GET BEHIND OUR TEAM!!! although there rubbish at the moment, would be great to get a full house and give it a good go!

hibiedude
30-10-2010, 12:00 PM
well if your busy, then your busy! what im saying is.. the people that arent going cos wer rubbish should go and get behind them! thats all :)

I'm not having a go at you but this site is full of i'm the best Hibs fan because :blah::blah::blah::blah:

As I said i'm going to see what the new manager is trying to do were yogi failed.

KdyHby
30-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Not going because of the rediculously early kick off, football should be played at 3pm :grr:

:wink:

Removed
30-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Most of my mates are yams

:shocked:

ivan03
30-10-2010, 12:06 PM
That is slightly different from saying "if you call yourself a Hibs supporter".
That comes across as an attack on those not going. A rallying call is great, go for it.

yes but what im saying is.... if your a hibee... and your not going cos u think wer p!sh or will get humped then change your view and come and support them, even if they are poor!

hibiedude
30-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Not going because of the rediculously early kick off, football should be played at 3pm :grr:

If the game was played at the traditional time on Saturday 15.00 I would have missed the game because I would be attending my son’s graduation at West Lothian College.

But I do agree with your point

seanraff07
30-10-2010, 01:47 PM

It's only 45 minutes earlier.. go on!:greengrin

Frazerbob
30-10-2010, 01:53 PM

Is it really that difficult to get from Kelso to ER for lunch time? I could see your point if the game was at 7am. If you don't want to go that is absolutely fine and totally up to you but I don't get the early kick off arguement (unless you live several hours away and rely on public transport).

Now, New Year I would agree with you. I am struggling to get down from Aberdeen in time for the game.

hibees53
30-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Not been all season and will only start going again when Petri digs deep and gives the manager the dosh to buy half decent players and not the dross that are masqurading in Hibs tops at the moment.

davehiby
30-10-2010, 02:33 PM

or you don't have the money!!!!!

hibiedude
30-10-2010, 02:34 PM
or you don't have the money!!!!!

Good point :agree:

anon1
30-10-2010, 02:41 PM
The only way there'll be a sell-out is if tickets are made available for general sale.

In a big city like this, regardless of security risk, tickets should be made available to all for glamour ties. There's 'loads of tickets' left from what I've been told!

TheDude
30-10-2010, 06:49 PM
I wont be there.

The high prices put me off everytime.

I'll pop down to the pub and watch it on Sky.

I'd love to be able to go more Cat A games but the price is just beyond my reach.

WeAreHibs
30-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I wont be there.

The high prices put me off everytime.

I'll pop down to the pub and watch it on Sky.

I'd love to be able to go more Cat A games but the price is just beyond my reach.

How much will you spend in the pub? Surely 3-4 pints will be close to £15 so you'll save the same ?

Onceinawhile
30-10-2010, 10:20 PM
If I can find someone to babysit the wee man I will be there with the wife.

If not its the the TV unfortunately.:boo hoo:

SouthamptonHibs
30-10-2010, 10:21 PM
i'm there next week
i'll get a few songs started early doors...
don't get me wrong i think we are pish and will get beat but on the off chance that we win i'll be there to celebrate.."living the dream 2010" hail hail imagine we win 4v1 with rankin, nish, stevenson and hogg scoring...happy days..i'm not being silly thats why i gave the yams a goal don't want to sound unrealistic and atttempt a clean sheet on our historic win hail hail

marinello59
30-10-2010, 10:49 PM

I am going but I am a cr@p supporter. Not minor league cr@p but really really cr@p. Sorry. I may even boo the new stand.

matty_f
30-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm working :boo hoo: but I've got someone to take my seat and they are far less of a derby jinx than I am, so it should be for the greater good.:agree:

Aaron
30-10-2010, 10:57 PM
The way we are playing? £28.50 a ticket after the booking fee, for one ticket? No thanks.

marinello59
30-10-2010, 11:01 PM
The way we are playing? £28.50 a ticket after the booking fee, for one ticket? No thanks.

But if we win it will be a bargain.
And we are underdogs. So we might just do it. Go on............

Hibercelona
31-10-2010, 08:36 AM
I'll be there because I have a ST. :boo hoo:

HibbyAndy
31-10-2010, 10:13 AM

Well worth it if we win tho :agree:

Imagine the disappointment if we win and you werent their, And that goes for all the hibs fans contemplating buying a ticket for the Derby. JUST DO IT!!

ian cruise
31-10-2010, 12:25 PM
i will be there, cant wait.

mon the hibs :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
31-10-2010, 12:34 PM

I've got a couple of mates who said that same sort of thing before the Brian Kerr game and the one where we won thanks to Deek's penalty at the bus shelter.

I'm sure they're still bored of me reminding them that they missed both of them :wink:

Mikey
31-10-2010, 12:36 PM
As you as you're able to go, and can afford to go, I can imagine any reason not to go.

Dashing Bob S
31-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm not going, suppose I'd better find another team to support.
Who should I run the list of other teams by?
Should I provide details about the other things I do in my life? just in case they don't meet the standards set.

going to be a stressful day now.

I'll be happy to look over any list of teams or personal details in order to determine whether or not your reason/excuse for non attendance is up to scratch.

I'll have a bit if spare time next weekend as I won't be at the derby.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2010, 12:44 PM
I've not got a ticket yet.

I work in Leith so i'll probably end up nipping to the ticket office at lunchtime one day this week. First time in a long time that i've left it this late to decide if i'm going to a dery though.

Greenblood70
31-10-2010, 01:06 PM
As I posted on another thread I'm going more out of duty and a sense of habit than anythin else.

I don't know why but as the game gets closer I'm puzzlingly more optimistic..what a great game to win and kickstart some better form.

MSK
31-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I was unsure about going but my bro twisted my arm so im going along tae gie it laldy !!! mon the cabbage !!! :thumbsup:

JohnScott
31-10-2010, 05:09 PM
How much will you spend in the pub? Surely 3-4 pints will be close to £15 so you'll save the same ?

You need to spend more than £15 on beer to make watching Hibs bearable these days. Drugs would be cheaper and create a much better atmosphere in MHO :wink:

Chesterfield v Accrington on Tuesday then Hibs v Herts on Sunday! :party:

tooley
31-10-2010, 05:17 PM

:top marks

HibbyAndy
31-10-2010, 05:23 PM
As you as you're able to go, and can afford to go, I can imagine any reason not to go.

Eh?

:greengrin

Tricla
31-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Not been all season and will only start going again when Petri digs deep and gives the manager the dosh to buy half decent players and not the dross that are masqurading in Hibs tops at the moment.

How do you expect him to do that if folks like you don't go which results in less £ at the gate.

IMO Petrie has put his hand in his pocket. The £ hasn't been spent all that wisely though.

Judas Iscariot
31-10-2010, 06:16 PM

:thumbsup:

That's the kind of support we need :agree:

maximushibee
31-10-2010, 06:29 PM

None of the above.. im not going cos i have a cup game to play in...

Judas Iscariot
31-10-2010, 06:56 PM
None of the above.. im not going cos i have a cup game to play in...

Who do you play for?

We got our game moved to this Wednesday..

Franck is God
31-10-2010, 08:31 PM
In my opinion you either support the team or you don't.

Anyone who uses poor form as an excuse not to go isn't much of a fan in my eyes and never really was.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure there are those out there that have genuine reasons why they can't make it, its not a cheap form of entertainment anymore and family commitments will change for people over a number of years but like many I have no time for anyone who says I'm not going because we're playing crap.

Banff
31-10-2010, 08:47 PM
The prices are ridiculous though. I really cant see why Hibs dont just drop the prices and they will still make the same by the extra numbers turning up!

Removed
31-10-2010, 08:50 PM
The prices are ridiculous though. I really cant see why Hibs dont just drop the prices and they will still make the same by the extra numbers turning up!

And will I get a refund on my ST as well?

Banff
31-10-2010, 08:54 PM
And will I get a refund on my ST as well?

Here mate im a season ticket holder too. If it helps bring more fans to the games I certainly wouldnt complain for a game every once in a while. But if it was that terrible im sure they could give you some sort of voucher to make up for it or something like that.

Franck is God
31-10-2010, 08:59 PM

I wish that was true but Hibs have reduced prices for matches in the past and no more fans actually turn up, if you make it cheaper they'll just find another excuse not to go.

Removed
31-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Here mate im a season ticket holder too. If it helps bring more fans to the games I certainly wouldnt complain for a game every once in a while. But if it was that terrible im sure they could give you some sort of voucher to make up for it or something like that.

Motherwell tried it, it backfired.

I agree that football is too expensive for what you get, but reduce walk up prices and folk will stop buying STs if they feel they are being shafted. That will hurt the club even more longer term imo.

Banff
31-10-2010, 09:00 PM
I wish that was true but Hibs have reduced prices for matches in the past and no more fans actually turn up, if you make it cheaper they'll just find another excuse not to go.

Aye ***** matches against Irvine Meadow

Banff
31-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Motherwell tried it, it backfired.

I agree that football is too expensive for what you get but reducer walk up prices and folk will stop buying STs if they feel they are being shafted. That will hurt the club even more longer term imo.

How are they getting shafted? They are saving by buying a ST anyway so all it will mean is that they are saving a few pounds less. And if they gave away tickets for primary school kids etc then it might start interesting them then they will want to buy STs and the like when they are older. That will benefit the club even more longer term imo dont you think?

Removed
31-10-2010, 09:06 PM
How are they getting shafted? They are saving by buying a ST anyway so all it will mean is that they are saving a few pounds less. And if they gave away tickets for primary school kids etc then it might start interesting them then they will want to buy STs and the like when they are older. That will benefit the club even more longer term imo dont you think?

How much do you think we actually save buying a ST over walk up?

And give away tickets for primary kids - what about the two kids STs I pay for? Another voucher?

Banff
31-10-2010, 09:09 PM
How much do you actually save buying a ST over walk up?

And give away tickets for primary kids - what about the two kids STs I pay for?

Then they wont need 1!! Does it matter? Its for 1 game every now and then! Surely if it helps the club there wouldnt be rioting outside ER because you have paid for your 2 kids season tickets and they have been dishing out free tickets for kids for 1 match!

Removed
31-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Then they wont need 1!! Does it matter? Its for 1 game every now and then! Surely if it helps the club there wouldnt be rioting outside ER because you have paid for your 2 kids season tickets and they have been dishing out free tickets for kids for 1 match!

So how much do YOU save buying your ST? Any idea?

Business is all about being able to predict cash flow. Why do you think clubs are so eager to get supporters to buy STs with incentives and payment plans?

Start ****ing about with walk up prices and it will backfire. Guaranteed.

Banff
31-10-2010, 09:22 PM
So how much do YOU save buying your ST? Any idea?

Business is all about being able to predict cash flow. Why do you think clubs are so eager to get supporters to buy STs with incentives and payment plans?

Start ****ing about with walk up prices and it will backfire. Guaranteed.

Not too sure what i save, cant be arsed sitting here trying to work it out. You do save though or else there would be absolutely no point in buying a ST.

Joe Baker II
01-11-2010, 11:45 AM
I used to buy season ticket so Hibs got the money even if I did not go to all the games as despite many faults in how club was admiistered, Hibs deserved credit for the old East Stand being enjoyable place to go for those who wanted choice of where to sit/stand and move about freely etc unlike many other Scottish grounds. Never gave a toss if club then reduced walk up prices as I preferred to see more people in ground, as longer term benefits to Hibs and Scottish football greater even if it meant a short-term hit for the club.

But £28 far too much for the new East Stand and I doubt if I would go above £15 to sit there so will watch on TV on Sunday. And I would think the same if Hibs and Hearts were 1st and 2nd in league as do agree with poster who said team being rubibsh etc a poor excuse.

IWasThere2016
01-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I'll be watching ma wee man playing .. noon ko too so I'll be lucky to see the last 15-20 mins! :grr:

Keith_M
01-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Not too sure what i save, cant be arsed sitting here trying to work it out. You do save though or else there would be absolutely no point in buying a ST.

IF you can attend every game and IF Hibs get two home games each against the OF & Hearts, the cost for attending all games in the East Stand as walkup works out at -- £454.
A non discounted Season Ticket for the East Stand costs £405, so a potential saving of £49 quid over the year.

If you miss two games or more, you pretty much shouldn't have bothered. I've already missed 3, because of unforeseen work commitments.

Andy74
01-11-2010, 12:18 PM
I used to buy season ticket so Hibs got the money even if I did not go to all the games as despite many faults in how club was admiistered, Hibs deserved credit for the old East Stand being enjoyable place to go for those who wanted choice of where to sit/stand and move about freely etc unlike many other Scottish grounds. Never gave a toss if club then reduced walk up prices as I preferred to see more people in ground, as longer term benefits to Hibs and Scottish football greater even if it meant a short-term hit for the club.

But £28 far too much for the new East Stand and I doubt if I would go above £15 to sit there so will watch on TV on Sunday. And I would think the same if Hibs and Hearts were 1st and 2nd in league as do agree with poster who said team being rubibsh etc a poor excuse.

£15 isn't the most realistic sum in the world is it these days? You could only get that if every club lowered wages and prices.

It was £25 for much lower facilites at Tannadice on Saturday.

I guess you either want to go and see Hibs or you don't.

If you can go and choose to watch on TV then you can't really complain about budgets or quality.

JimBHibees
01-11-2010, 12:29 PM
I'll be watching ma wee man playing .. noon ko too so I'll be lucky to see the last 15-20 mins! :grr:

The derby starts at 2.15.

IFONLY
01-11-2010, 12:32 PM

What a stupid post

IWasThere2016
01-11-2010, 12:38 PM
The derby starts at 2.15.

I thought it was 12.00 :confused: RESULT! :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
01-11-2010, 12:39 PM
How much do you think we actually save buying a ST over walk up?

It's not that much:

6 x Category A games @ 27 quid - 162
13 x Category B games @ 22 quid - 286

448 quid in total against a cost of 405.

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 12:43 PM
What a stupid post

Why is it a stupid post?

Dashing Bob S
01-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Won't be there as I shall be in 'hell' as local fans name their fascinating city of Instanbul, looking at rugs. My 'seas' is being used by Yam supporting brother, with my chums under strict instructions to 'out' him in the extremely unlikely event of a Los Trampolinos victory.

Franck is God
01-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Aye ***** matches against Irvine Meadow

So the excuse wouldn't be about cost it would just be about the opposition?

Maybe we should list the excuses in order of priority?

• Don't like the manager
• Don't like the board
• There is no investment in the team
• The team is rubbish, I'm not paying to see that
• It's too expensive
• The opposition is rubbish
• I'm washing my hair

How about you just can't be arsed going but you like to moan on message boards about the team you claim to support....

Flo1898
01-11-2010, 12:52 PM
I wish i΄d be there. I hope i can see next game in april.

Judas Iscariot
01-11-2010, 04:43 PM
What a stupid post

How?

.Sean.
01-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Give the OP a break guys. He's not having dig at those who understandably don't have the money, are working, have family comitments etc. Seems to me he's suggesting those that can go should go... Those who are not busy, can afford it etc but won't attend as they're watching it in the pub or can't be bothered.

If that is what the OP is getting at, then IMO he makes a very valid point.

mutley
02-11-2010, 09:31 AM
I would love to be there, but in Afghanistan until May '11, so no more games for me until then. Fingers crossed they show it on BFBS!

Keith_M
02-11-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm attending the derby, along with my Dad and Sister, but I couldn't possibly criticise anybody that decides not to go.

Banff
02-11-2010, 06:27 PM
So the excuse wouldn't be about cost it would just be about the opposition?

Maybe we should list the excuses in order of priority?

• Don't like the manager
• Don't like the board
• There is no investment in the team
• The team is rubbish, I'm not paying to see that
• It's too expensive
• The opposition is rubbish
• I'm washing my hair

How about you just can't be arsed going but you like to moan on message boards about the team you claim to support....

I do support my team, and i will be attending the match. Afterall i am a season ticket holder. I am just simply stating that prices are far too high now and they they should drop prices once in a while if they want more folk to go. So please, in future try reading ALL the posts before jumping the gun!!