PDA

View Full Version : Steve Clarke

James70
29-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Wonder how the telephone conversation went?

It probably finished with Rodders saying "How much!!??"

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/205490-clarke-was-contacted-over-hibs-vacancy/

I'm still sure there is more to the story than this :greengrin

PaulSmith
29-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Wonder how the telephone conversation went?

It probably finished with Rodders saying "How much!!??"

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/205490-clarke-was-contacted-over-hibs-vacancy/

I'm still sure there is more to the story than this :greengrin

Why use this interview to have a dig at Hibs and the insinuation that we couldn't afford Clarke, there is absolutely nothing in there to say that Hibs would not have paid what Clarke was looking for. Indeed from the text of the interview I'd say that Clarke would not have been hard to deal with in regards his first managerial job.

Keith_M
29-10-2010, 03:52 PM
I take it Rodders phoned Clark at the hotel we were told he was staying at in Edinburgh...

:wink:

CmoantheHibs
29-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Well he has now stated his desire to be a manager in his own right and is plugging himself.Good luck to him but we have our man and personally Im delighted with our appointment.Maybe there is more to the story but lets move on from it and concentrate on the here and now.

Hibbyradge
29-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Clarke said, “It didn't go any further than that. That was as far as it went. There was no further progress from a 10 minute telephone conversation.

“There was no big hidden agenda. How I ended up favourite with the bookmakers, I don't know. You'd have to ask someone from Edinburgh about that.”

Why aren't folk prepared to believe that?

Why is it that fans seem to think that all football people are liars. :dunno:

James70
29-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Why use this interview to have a dig at Hibs and the insinuation that we couldn't afford Clarke, there is absolutely nothing in there to say that Hibs would not have paid what Clarke was looking for. Indeed from the text of the interview I'd say that Clarke would not have been hard to deal with in regards his first managerial job.

Who is having a dig at Hibs? Time you found a sense of humour my friend.

Kaiser1962
29-10-2010, 04:03 PM
The bit about Steve Clarke that intrigues me is that he appears to be highly regarded as a coach but no-one appears to be knocking his door down to offer him a job as manager. I would probably been happy enough had we appointed him but I equally happy enough with CC for the same reasons.

Ask me again in 18 months and I will categorically deny it though....or hopefully say I told you so:greengrin

Andy Bee
29-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Clarke said, “It didn't go any further than that. That was as far as it went. There was no further progress from a 10 minute telephone conversation.

“There was no big hidden agenda. How I ended up favourite with the bookmakers, I don't know. You'd have to ask someone from Edinburgh about that.”Why aren't folk prepared to believe that?

Must admit I had a wee chuckle at that :devil::greengrin

greenlex
29-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Fixed it Radge.

“There was no big hidden agenda. How I ended up favourite with the bookmakers, I don't know. You'd have to ask Mikey from Edinburgh about that.”

truehibernian
29-10-2010, 04:51 PM
According to two football agents, based here in Scotland, the stumbling block with Clarke were his demands/requirements for relocation costs for his family which Hibernian couldn't or wouldn't meet. I don't think there is any criticism from either side, just purely business. Clarke wanted a bit more financially, Hibernian wanted value for money. Neither could meet each other half way.

If indeed these two agents are to be believed I have to add.

We have CC now, so should have all our support. Any Clarke stories are down to it being a slow news week and Hughton is under pressure and his name is being linked.

Jim44
29-10-2010, 04:55 PM
“There was no big hidden agenda. How I ended up favourite with the bookmakers, I don't know. You'd have to ask someone from Edinburgh about that."

Well, Mikey, what've you got to say? :greengrin

Beefster
29-10-2010, 05:27 PM

“There was no big hidden agenda. How I ended up favourite with the bookmakers, I don't know. You'd have to ask someone from Edinburgh about that.”

If it is true, there were an awful lot of 'in the know' (and well trusted) posters talking absolute nonsense. More proof that you can't believe much on here at all.

essexhibee
29-10-2010, 08:14 PM
According to two football agents, based here in Scotland, the stumbling block with Clarke were his demands/requirements for relocation costs for his family which Hibernian couldn't or wouldn't meet. I don't think there is any criticism from either side, just purely business. Clarke wanted a bit more financially, Hibernian wanted value for money. Neither could meet each other half way.

We have CC now, so should have all our support. Any Clarke stories are down to it being a slow news week and Hughton is under pressure and his name is being linked.

Which is a farce if true by the way.

vahibbie
30-10-2010, 01:28 AM

Seriously doubt that. Relocation costs would have been buttons in the big scheme of things.
Plus the interview indicated it got nowhere close to talking specifics. Sounds more like he didn't overly impress Rodders.

GloryGlory
30-10-2010, 09:21 AM

TBH, I find it hard to believe that a 10 minute telephone conversation got as far as discussing the nitty-gritty of relocation expenses. I think all this gossip and innuendo is put about by people not in-the-know desperately trying to pretend that they are.

I wonder where the sender of the famous (or should that be notorious?) text message got his/her information?