PDA

View Full Version : Grounds back to 'Boro?

Jim44
29-10-2010, 09:32 AM
I see that Mowbray intends to ask clubs to release all their 'on loan' players. Looks like Grounds will be away unless Calderwood and Petrie dig their heels in.

Golden Bear
29-10-2010, 09:38 AM
I see that Mowbray intends to ask clubs to release all their 'on loan' players. Looks like Grounds will be away unless Calderwood and Petrie dig their heels in.

Something we should consider as well if the agreements permit us to do so.

CabbageFan
29-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Get Byrne back!!

H18sry
29-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Get Byrne back!!

Can he play left back :cool2:

matty_f
29-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Something we should consider as well if the agreements permit us to do so.

Why? He's a promising player and gives us cover where we lack in quality first picks.

If we've taken steps to cover our squad til january by bringing a player in, we shouldn't be screwed because the player's club changes manager.

calumhibee1
29-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Why? He's a promising player and gives us cover where we lack in quality first picks.

If we've taken steps to cover our squad til january by bringing a player in, we shouldn't be screwed because the player's club changes manager.
Think he means we should recall Byrne etc.

matty_f
29-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Think he means we should recall Byrne etc.

I think you're right, I read it as we should consider sending grounds back when I read it first time.

Godsahibby
29-10-2010, 10:30 AM
I don't think he (Grounds) can be recalled by Boro just now, they can recall their players they have on loan in the English leagues but not in Scotland or anywhere else. He could only return during a transfer window or at the end of his loan deal.

H18sry
29-10-2010, 10:31 AM
EEN saying that CC will resist any attempts from Boro to recall Grounds :wink:

Part/Time Supporter
29-10-2010, 10:33 AM
I don't think he (Grounds) can be recalled by Boro just now, they can recall their players they have on loan in the English leagues but not in Scotland or anywhere else. He could only return during a transfer window or at the end of his loan deal.

:agree:

Transfer window rules are a lot stricter on teams in the top division of a country.

Cropley10
29-10-2010, 10:34 AM
How can Mowbray just recall loan players?:confused:

I thought it was a binding agreement?

Just because the manager's changed why should we send him back....?:grr:

Franck is God
29-10-2010, 11:24 AM
:agree:

Transfer window rules are a lot stricter on teams in the top division of a country.

Its the cross border issue and a change of registration within football associations that I think is the biggest issue. He will currently be registered as a player with the SFA so will need to wait for a transfer window to move back to the EFA or any other association.

Boro would be able to recall players on loan with other English clubs as the registration details of the player would not change.

Cropley10
29-10-2010, 11:26 AM
"And it will be Calderwood who will have the final say as to Grounds' place of employment over the next couple of months with Middlesbrough chief executive Keith Lamb admitting Hibs would have to agree to any request for the player to return to Teesside early."

EEN today:thumbsup:

--------
29-10-2010, 12:44 PM
"And it will be Calderwood who will have the final say as to Grounds' place of employment over the next couple of months with Middlesbrough chief executive Keith Lamb admitting Hibs would have to agree to any request for the player to return to Teesside early."

EEN today:thumbsup:

"The next couple of months" - that reads to me as if they could insist on his return in January.... :cool2:

MixuMac
29-10-2010, 12:51 PM
"The next couple of months" - that reads to me as if they could insist on his return in January.... :cool2:

My understanding is the loan agreement is only to January anyway!!

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2010, 12:54 PM
My understanding is the loan agreement is only to January anyway!!

Thats what i thought too. :agree: I'd rather CC went out and got a proper left back in january or the summer, than persist with these utility types we seem to have.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Ask the boy himself. If the rules don't allow it, that works in our favour cos he will have to try and catch the new gaffers' eye from afar and get his name in the papers. If the rules allow it, and he wants to go, what is the point in keeping players that are telling you they want to be elsewhere?

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 05:58 PM

I dont think we lack cover in the left back area. We have a first choice in Murray, and cover in Hanlon and Stevenson, the majority of which are better players. If he had been played at CH and had a chance to show something there I would be more bothered.

He may be promising? But he is someone elses, do agree we should not bow to requests, but why not get rid of him now save some money which we can offer on top of a deal to a player signing for us in say january.

No real loss for me.

matty_f
29-10-2010, 06:25 PM
I dont think we lack cover in the left back area. We have a first choice in Murray, and cover in Hanlon and Stevenson, the majority of which are better players. If he had been played at CH and had a chance to show something there I would be more bothered.

He may be promising? But he is someone elses, do agree we should not bow to requests, but why not get rid of him now save some money which we can offer on top of a deal to a player signing for us in say january.

No real loss for me.

Hanlon needs to play at centre half, Grounds is (IMHO) a better left back than Hanlon, and is a better left back without doubt than Stevenson.

Which leaves Murray, who has come in for considerable criticism over his performances at left back for some time, with a lot of people questioning whether he's good enough there (though I would say that when he's fit he's the best left back at the club at the moment).

DH1875
29-10-2010, 08:24 PM
No bad thing if you ask me. The sooner we get Booth back and into the 1st team squad the better.

essexhibee
29-10-2010, 08:26 PM
No bad thing if you ask me. The sooner we get Booth back and into the 1st team squad the better.

Agree totally. Was a bad move letting go of Byrne, he needs to be in the squad and given a chance up front with Derek. Booth included, get these young guys in the team.

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Hanlon needs to play at centre half, Grounds is (IMHO) a better left back than Hanlon, and is a better left back without doubt than Stevenson.

Which leaves Murray, who has come in for considerable criticism over his performances at left back for some time, with a lot of people questioning whether he's good enough there (though I would say that when he's fit he's the best left back at the club at the moment).

I think that I could go through the above dribble for the next week. On the basis, of what I would call a ridiculous post, I would say;

- Why do you think grounds is a better left back than Hanlon?
- Who questions our club vice captain over his left back performances?
- More of a note than a question when Reilly describes him as one of the players he wished he had chance to play with I would ask what these so called questionnaire are on about?

Please dont tell me this is another hibs net embarrassment of we have better. I watched the whole of the initial part of the season on here when Grounds was miles favour over Murray, over the weeks he has moved out of the team - typical hibs net, lets just try something else for the sake of trying something else / there is always something better.

matty_f
29-10-2010, 10:50 PM
I think that I could go through the above dribble for the next week. On the basis, of what I would call a ridiculous post, I would say;

- Why do you think grounds is a better left back than Hanlon?
- Who questions our club vice captain over his left back performances?
- More of a note than a question when Reilly describes him as one of the players he wished he had chance to play with I would ask what these so called questionnaire are on about?

Please dont tell me this is another hibs net embarrassment of we have better. I watched the whole of the initial part of the season on here when Grounds was miles favour over Murray, over the weeks he has moved out of the team - typical hibs net, lets just try something else for the sake of trying something else / there is always something better.

:faf:

I think Grounds is better than Hanlon at left back based on my observations of the two, it's called an opinion - deal with it.
Murray has been called into question on a number of occasions, particularly towards the end of last season, with the comment 'his legs have gone' being one that cropped up fairly regularly - you'll note that I said that I thought that Murray is the best left back at the club, which makes the rest of your post (like many of your other ones) complete pish.:greengrin

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 11:31 PM
:faf:

I think Grounds is better than Hanlon at left back based on my observations of the two, it's called an opinion - deal with it.
Murray has been called into question on a number of occasions, particularly towards the end of last season, with the comment 'his legs have gone' being one that cropped up fairly regularly - you'll note that I said that I thought that Murray is the best left back at the club, which makes the rest of your post (like many of your other ones) complete pish.:greengrin

Yet again more rubbish from a .net poster who has no respect or loyalty to our own players. Vile.

No I did not note from your post that you said Murray was the best left back, but I am sure you questioned him.

matty_f
29-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Yet again more rubbish from a .net poster who has no respect or loyalty to our own players. Vile.

No I did not note from your post that you said Murray was the best left back, but I am sure you questioned him.

I said people questioned him, and said that I thought he was the best left back at the club.

No respect or loyalty to our own players - how do you work that one out?

Cropley10
29-10-2010, 11:51 PM

You are on the wind-up. LTYF. Enough is enough.

brydekirk
30-10-2010, 12:26 AM

where did u c this.

Jim44
30-10-2010, 07:33 AM
where did u c this.

Inside back page of Friday's Scotsman. 'Mowbray wants them all back and he said: " In an ideal world, the loan players would come back so I can assess and see where they go as players. I want to give everyone a chance. Everyone needs to know they have an opportunity.' The article goes on to say that it will happen only if Hibs agree. It's not in Hibs interests to appear to be non-compliant in this type of situation as future loans might be compromised by it and I would be surprised if Calderwood sets up a confrontation with Middlesborough. Personally I think that Grounds will return.

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2010, 07:52 AM
I dont think Murray is our best left back. I think he's too slow, cant pass and takes an age to get the ball under control. Is that vile enough?:bitchy:

matty_f
30-10-2010, 08:55 AM
I dont think Murray is our best left back. I think he's too slow, cant pass and takes an age to get the ball under control. Is that vile enough?:bitchy:

Vile and disloyal bh. Hang your head in shame.

cabbageandribs1875
30-10-2010, 09:08 AM

OMG :faf: just because someones opinion differs from yours :rolleyes: and he's correct regarding PH....he's a CH not a left back(imo)

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Isn't McCann out on loan, or have we sold him?

Tricla
30-10-2010, 09:16 AM

:crazy:

BEEJ
30-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Isn't McCann out on loan, or have we sold him?
On loan at ICT until January.

matty_f
30-10-2010, 09:24 AM
:crazy:

I know, an apology and an acceptance that his post was an epic fail would have done.

Tricla
30-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Nish is pish, Hogg is garbage, Deek is a jakie, Miller is a primadonna, CC has got bronchitis, Trakys is a huddie, Grounds is pash, McBride is powderpuff, Bamba is on another planet, don't start me on Dickoh, Hanlon is a crap left back, Rankin is rank, Galbraith can't beat a man, Duffy isn't worth a wage, Zoomer is made of paper, Lewis is a pixie, Murray is past it........! Have I missed anyone.

Sorry .netters but I'm feeling particulary vile today.
:greengrin

Bishop Hibee
30-10-2010, 09:28 AM
You are on the wind-up. LTYF. Enough is enough.

:top marks Look at his posts admin. He's done well to last so long but please get rid :trumpet:

FromTheCapital
30-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Keep Grounds (Play at LB) and move Murray in to play beside Bamba at CB.

random sub
30-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Even if Grounds goes back to Middlesborough in January he will be available to sign on a pre-contract assuming he would want to. McCann as backfill for a few months.

Andy74
30-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Grounds did well today and Hanlon a lot better in his proper position even if he lose out for the goal. I doubt we will be sending Grounds back until we have to.