PDA

View Full Version : Colin Nish

burghhibs
28-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Chatting to Colin Nish today and after going of injured on Saturday, he is getting a scan on his ankle tomorrow and could be out for a few weeks. Hope its not bad and he's back to knock a couple in against the jambo's in a couple of weeks time.:thumbsup:

Twiglet
28-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Chatting to Colin Nish today and after going of injured on Saturday, he is getting a scan on his ankle tomorrow and could be out for a few weeks. Hope its not bad and he's back to knock a couple in against the jambo's in a couple of weeks time.:thumbsup:

Eeek! What we going to do on Saturday?! Deeks up by himself? Play Galbraith on the left wing as a sort of striker in a similar position to what Deeks played last season?

Jonnyboy
28-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Eeek! What we going to do on Saturday?! Deeks up by himself? Play Galbraith on the left wing as a sort of striker in a similar position to what Deeks played last season?

Trakys to start alongside Deek or Deek on his own in a 4-5-1

Diclonius
28-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Trakys to start alongside Deek or Deek on his own in a 4-5-1

:cool2:

If we've any sense we'll start our two fit strikers up front.

hibbysam
28-10-2010, 10:29 PM

why has it taken us nearly a week to get a scan on the guy?:confused:

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2010, 10:57 PM

Probably waiting for the swelling to go down.

Dashing Bob S
29-10-2010, 12:36 AM

We had to wait for the cigarette smoke around him to clear away, it interfered with the scan results.

snooky
29-10-2010, 05:37 PM
We had to wait for the cigarette smoke around him to clear away, it interfered with the scan results.

Doubt it :wink:

Bishop Hibee
29-10-2010, 05:40 PM
I love a thread with the title 'Colin Nish'. 8 pages? :greengrin

Hope he's back for the derby, even if it's on the bench.

HibbyAndy
29-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Chuck De graff up top with Riordan.

col02
29-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Good luck to Nish on a swift recovery!

essexhibee
29-10-2010, 08:10 PM
How bad is this lith guy from those who have seen him?

Baldy Foghorn
29-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Good luck to Nish on a swift recovery!

ditto:greengrin

DH1875
29-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Looks like we will see just how good or important Nish is for us in the next couple of weeks. Hope he is back in time for the yams game and banging in the goals.

Of topic but forget about 4-4-2. Even if all our strikers are fit get ready for 4-5-1 from now on.

Mikeystewart
29-10-2010, 08:50 PM

If we've any sense we'll start our two fit strikers up front.

'sense' is as rare as yogi's gold dust in football.

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Looks like we will see just how good or important Nish is for us in the next couple of weeks. Hope he is back in time for the yams game and banging in the goals.

Of topic but forget about 4-4-2. Even if all our strikers are fit get ready for 4-5-1 from now on.

How will that work? If we win will that mean we are better without him? And if we lose what difference will it make?:confused:

BEEJ
29-10-2010, 09:18 PM
How bad is this lith guy from those who have seen him?
Strange way to put it. :confused:

Should that not read:

"How good is this Lithuanian fellow, you chaps who have witnessed his recent brief performances?"

:greengrin

silverhibee
29-10-2010, 09:29 PM

Should that not read:

"How good is this Lithuanian fellow, you chaps who have witnessed his recent brief performances?"

Essex only see,s the bad things in Hibs players.:wink:

frazeHFC
29-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Surely we have to recall Byrne back, and surely we will have an U19 striker on the bench as we need some attack minded players on the bench.

18/03/07
29-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Surely we have to recall Byrne back, and surely we will have an U19 striker on the bench as we need some attack minded players on the bench.
Our stikers that play in the 19's are aged 16 and 17,Hanling and Calwell

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 09:50 PM

Maybe we do need to look to the 19's. If Byrne was that good would he have been loaned out?

I am going to go out on a limb and say no. I would love him to be the next O'Conner but I have to say I am becoming board with the 'bring him back' chat.

Nameless
29-10-2010, 09:58 PM
If Byrne was that good would he have been loaned out? I am going to go out on a limb and say no.

I know what you mean. It never worked for Kenny Miller, Deeks or Garry O':cool2:

oconnors_strip
29-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Our stikers that play in the 19's are aged 16 and 17,Hanling and Calwell

and caldwell is currently injured.

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 10:01 PM
I know what you mean. It never worked for Kenny Miller, Deeks or Garry O':cool2:

Not in there 20's were they?

I wil save you the answer, no there were not. His time is almost up for me.

Nameless
29-10-2010, 10:04 PM

Some player mature quicker than others. Are you writing him off becuase he was loaned out aged 20??

Alfred E Newman
29-10-2010, 10:04 PM

Should that not read:

The answer is , not very.

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Some player mature quicker than others. Are you writing him off becuase he was loaned out aged 20??

I will go out on a limb and say that if he had half a chance at this time he would still be at Easter Road. I acknowledge the fact some come in later than others, but would Yogi have really put him out if he did not have a chance?

Has he done anything since his initial goals in the bottom division of the Scottish leagues?

Wotherspiniesta
29-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Maybe we do need to look to the 19's. If Byrne was that good would he have been loaned out?

I am going to go out on a limb and say no. I would love him to be the next O'Conner but I have to say I am becoming board with the 'bring him back' chat.

Not as boring as you slating the guy. He's done well out on loan and deserves a chance when he returns. Whenever that may be.

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Not as boring as you slating the guy. He's done well out on loan and deserves a chance when he returns. Whenever that may be.

What makes him deserve a chance? You did not answer my question since his first game how many goals has he scored?

Does he deserve more of a chance than Nish?

Wotherspiniesta
29-10-2010, 10:37 PM

I wish I'd read that before responding to your other comment. You're clearly on the wind up.:taxi

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 10:39 PM
I wish I'd read that before responding to your other comment. You're clearly on the wind up.:taxi

how about you just answer my last question.

oconnors_strip
29-10-2010, 10:47 PM
What makes him deserve a chance? You did not answer my question since his first game how many goals has he scored?

Does he deserve more of a chance than Nish?

kurtis has scored 6 goals in total for east fife so far this season

and the reason yogi didnt give him a chance is because he didnt get on with him and refused to play him! there has been many many posts on this subject and its getting very repetitive!

Wotherspiniesta
29-10-2010, 10:49 PM
how about you just answer my last question.

Why?

You think KB, who was a major part of our treble winning under 19 side has no future at our club after seeing him play about 35 minutes of competitive football for us.

I'm not saying he's going to be the next Wayne Rooney but you think a guy who's barely kicked a ball for us should be written off at 20 years old? Thank god you're not in charge.

So just tell us you're on the wind-up and let it go.

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 10:51 PM
kurtis has scored 6 goals in total for east fife so far this season

Thanks mate.

Removed
29-10-2010, 10:55 PM
I will go out on a limb and say that if he had half a chance at this time he would still be at Easter Road. I acknowledge the fact some come in later than others, but would Yogi have really put him out if he did not have a chance?

Has he done anything since his initial goals in the bottom division of the Scottish leagues?

Maybe he was loaned out because the other strikers we had at the time were ahead of him, and the situation has now changed.

I saw quite a few of the u19 double season games and imo you are talking pish on this thread. And in answer to one of your other posts, yes, I'd play him ahead of Nish now.

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Why?

You think KB, who was a major part of our treble winning under 19 side has no future at our club after seeing him play about 35 minutes of competitive football for us.

I'm not saying he's going to be the next Wayne Rooney but you think a guy who's barely kicked a ball for us should be written off at 20 years old? Thank god you're not in charge.

So just tell us you're on the wind-up and let it go.

Under 19's - I have to be honest, whilst I would like to see them do well, I could not give a flying what they won. I am interested in the first team. So I put that comment in the bin.

You are missing the point - there is a reason he has only played 35 minutes of football for us – do you not see that?

Just was well I am not in charge or your namesake, who has been given too much of a chance, would be out on loan with him.

Removed
29-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Under 19's - I have to be honest, whilst I would like to see them do well, I could not give a flying what they won. I am interested in the first team. So I put that comment in the bin.

You are missing the point - there is a reason he has only played 35 minutes of football for us – do you not see that?

Just was well I am not in charge or your namesake, who has been given too much of a chance, would be out on loan with him.

And what is that reason then?

And as for that Wotherspoon dig - what planet are you on?

Wotherspiniesta
29-10-2010, 10:59 PM

Can we send you out on loan to Kaunus?

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Maybe he was loaned out because of the other strikers we had at the time ahead of him.

I saw quite a few of the u19 double season games and imo you are talking pish on this thread. And in answer to one of your other posts, yes, I'd play him ahead of Nish now.

You have lost it.

Hibs knew they were getting rid of stokes and we still decided to loan him out.

Under 19's please see my other post - irrelevant. To many people want to live on this under 19's chat, its boring.

Simple question where is he now, and why????????????

Play him over Nish - typical .net post, a guy who is one of the top 10 scorers in this league V's a guy who has never really played in this league - and you would choose which one - have a word.

Byrne over Nish - there is only one person on this thread taking pash, sorry to say it, its you.

latapy10

.whats the reason then as he cant be any worse

matty_f

I don't give a flying one what you'd do if you were in charge, so i put that comment in the bin.

Albion Hibs
Can we send you out on loan to Kaunus?

Ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I don't give a flying one what you'd do if you were in charge, so i put that comment in the bin.

Get a brain.

My comment about what I would do was in response to a question about what I would do.

But none the less, well detailed reply.

Removed
You have lost it.

Hibs knew they were getting rid of stokes and we still decided to loan him out.

Under 19's please see my other post - irrelevant. To many people want to live on this under 19's chat, its boring.

Simple question where is he now, and why????????????

Play him over Nish - typical .net post, a guy who is one of the top 10 scorers in this league V's a guy who has never really played in this league - and you would choose which one - have a word.

Byrne over Nish - there is only one person on this thread taking pash, sorry to say it, its you.

:faf:

matty_f
Get a brain.

My comment about what I would do was in response to a question about what I would do.

But none the less, well detailed reply.

This one for the bin, too.:thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
29-10-2010, 11:05 PM

that reason being mr john hughes!:grr: now that reason is out the door, come january things will be different in regards to kurtis getting a place in the 1st team squad every week.

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 11:11 PM
whats the reason then as he cant be any worse

If you think that then you have shown yourself up for a huge lack of knowledge about football.

Can you name any manager in the SPL that would choose a loan striker in the next to bottom league in Scotland (that has scored 50% of goals against a team which is getting relegated to the lowest league in Scotland / maybe Britain in terms of standard) over a striker who is playing in the premier league, has done pretty much his whole career and scored a respectable number of goals in doing so.

Come on, its your chance, one game to win as a manager, who would you choose?

latapy10
29-10-2010, 11:12 PM
:top marks
that reason being mr john hughes!:grr: now that reason is out the door, come january things will be different in regards to kurtis getting a place in the 1st team squad every week.

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 11:14 PM

As much as you may slate Yogi he know million times more about football than, me, you or anyone else on here.

He will have played with hundreds of different players, against thousands and managed a good few. Regardless a player is always going to be able to see a player.

If KB gets a first team place every week at Hibs I will eat my hat.

oconnors_strip
29-10-2010, 11:20 PM
As much as you may slate Yogi he know million times more about football than, me, you or anyone else on here.

He will have played with hundreds of different players, against thousands and managed a good few. Regardless a player is always going to be able to see a player.

If KB gets a first team place every week at Hibs I will eat my hat.

he signed de graff, enough said:greengrin

i will hold you to that:wink: i said 1st team squad....so that can mean being in the named 18 but not getting game time:wink:

Albion Hibs
29-10-2010, 11:27 PM
he signed de graff, enough said:greengrin

i will hold you to that:wink: i said 1st team squad....so that can mean being in the named 18 but not getting game time:wink:

:bye: The momentum has already moved from him being the choice over Nish to you would be happy to see him on the bench - yeah, lets drag him back.

oconnors_strip
29-10-2010, 11:35 PM
:bye: The momentum has already moved from him being the choice over Nish to you would be happy to see him on the bench - yeah, lets drag him back.

im not saying drag him back!!! :rolleyes: far from that actually, so please dont try and twist what MY OPINION is:wink:

500miles
29-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Kurtis was very lightweight, and from what I saw, uncomfortable when the oppisition got in his face.

6 goals in the lower leagues suggest that he has learned to deal with that, and that it was the right move for him.

BEEJ
30-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Kurtis was very lightweight, and from what I saw, uncomfortable when the oppisition got in his face.

6 goals in the lower leagues suggest that he has learned to deal with that, and that it was the right move for him.
And another one today. :thumbsup:

Wotherspiniesta
30-10-2010, 04:45 PM
REMOVED.

He was particularily rubbish today I thought :agree:

We'll need him next Sunday.

Baldy Foghorn
30-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Seriously felt we missed Nish Today, would have given Kenneth a bit more food for thought, as we were a bit light up front.....

Albion Hibs
30-10-2010, 06:52 PM
REMOVED.

Out of order comment, wishing injury on one of our players. Agree with some of the other comments that we missed him today, dont think it was any coincidence that Riordan was non existent / had a poor game when Nish was not about.

Trakys looks like a player that a club would panic sign at the end of a transfer window because he is sitting at home and does not have a club.....wait a minute!

ScottB
30-10-2010, 07:10 PM
REMOVED.

Considering another a**ehole was banned for wishing a career ending injury for Nish earlier in the week I hope the same happens to yourself.

Disgraceful.

hibsfootsoldier
30-10-2010, 11:24 PM
The fact of the matter is he's not good enough plain and simple.
He's outstayed his welcome and he's just another hurtado the tank that's murder, can't control a ball and never mind header it when he's 6 ft odd.
Somethings wrong with the support if they want someone like that in the team
he's just not good enough
sorry if I offended anyone by wat I sed before but come on do any of you actually want him in a hibs jersey, he should of been binned a long time ago.
People laugh when they see him play he's a clown.

marinello59
30-10-2010, 11:41 PM
He's outstayed his welcome and he's just another hurtado the tank that's murder, can't control a ball and never mind header it when he's 6 ft odd.
sorry if I offended anyone by wat I sed before but come on do any of you actually want him in a hibs jersey, he should of been binned a long time ago.

Something is wrong with the moronic tendency who thinks wishing a worse injury than first thought on a Hibs player is acceptable.

ScottB
31-10-2010, 01:55 AM

So if your not good enough at your job you'd be happy with people saying they hoped you'd get hit by a bus so you couldn't come back then aye?

The Hurtado comparison is utter balls. By any measure Nish has a more than acceptable strike rate and is one of the all time top scorers in the SPL, despite never playing for the Old Firm.

But then hey, who ever needed facts to get in the way of booing our own players, assuming of course you are actually a fan. I find it hard to believe that any fan of the team would wish a career ending injury on one of our players, particularly one that is a fan himself. Hell I wouldn't wish such a thing on anyone full stop.

hibsfootsoldier
31-10-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm sorry I went too far about him gettin injured.

If ur not good enough at your job you get sacked!
Has he been sacked? No, he's been given chance after chance when he's utter mince.

His top strike rate, don't make me laugh he won't score for Ages then puts a few past some low rankin team.

So called hibs fans should realise he's mince and stop bein in denial just because he's a hibs fan. It's irrelevant that he's a hibs fan.

The fact is he's mince and there's a reason he won't play for the old firm, and it's coz he's not good enough. He's had it far too easy everytime a see him play it looks to me as if he's just pikin up a wage.
When he eventually does get the boot heel be playin for a team in the 1st div

marinello59
31-10-2010, 06:17 PM

Has he been sacked? No, he's been given chance after chance when he's utter mince.

His top strike rate, don't make me laugh he won't score for Ages then puts a few past some low rankin team.

So called hibs fans should realise he's mince and stop bein in denial just because he's a hibs fan. It's irrelevant that he's a hibs fan.

The fact is he's mince and there's a reason he won't play for the old firm, and it's coz he's not good enough. He's had it far too easy everytime a see him play it looks to me as if he's just pikin up a wage.

Grow up. Disagreeing with you doesn't make anybody less less of a fan than the uber fan you seem to think you are.

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2010, 06:34 PM

:monkey1::monkey1:

What a really bad post...... So called Hibs fans indeed?:confused:

Fergus52
31-10-2010, 09:30 PM
don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but he is the 9th top scorer since the SPL was formed, a third of them were at hibs.

ScottB
01-11-2010, 12:25 AM
don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but he is the 9th top scorer since the SPL was formed, a third of them were at hibs.

Facts have no place here it seems...

oldbutdim
01-11-2010, 01:10 AM

That's a fact.

:nerd:

I cringe at some of the posts about Colin, and indeed the reaction of some fans at games.
I must have mellowed.

hibsfootsoldier
01-11-2010, 01:57 PM

Fact is were bottom of the league.
how many goals has nish got this season?

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 02:15 PM

One. Which is only two less than Riordan? Yet he never takes any stick. Fact is Nish plays a role for Hibs, and always has done that he was never built for - target man. We were lost up front without him this week, and if he is out this week it will again prove significant imo.

ScottB
01-11-2010, 02:41 PM

How many as anybody else scored likes? Riordan 3, Hogg 2, Nish 1? How many goals and good opportunties have our midfield set up so far this season? Yet it's Hogg and Nish that get their regular multi page bashings. Whats Miller, De Graaf, Rankin or any of them done so far this season?

To blame Nish for our lack of goals is a nonsense. I'd be looking at our midfield for that.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2010, 03:11 PM
To blame Nish for our lack of goals is a nonsense. I'd be looking at our midfield for that.

You’d look at the midfield for more goals before looking to your striker?

HFC 0-7
01-11-2010, 03:16 PM
One. Which is only two less than Riordan? Yet he never takes any stick. Fact is Nish plays a role for Hibs, and always has done that he was never built for - target man. We were lost up front without him this week, and if he is out this week it will again prove significant imo.

What is he then if not a target man?

ScottB
01-11-2010, 03:17 PM
You’d look at the midfield for more goals before looking to your striker?

I'm looking at the midfield to support the forwards more, and yes, when was the last time our midfield chipped in with a few goals?

How many goals did we score on Saturday with the much maligned Nish nowhere to be seen? Is Deeks hopeless as well now?

Houchy
01-11-2010, 03:23 PM

Think you'll find that East Fife are in division 2!!! They're my 2nd Scottish team:grr::grr:

can you clarify what you mean from "initial goals" too given that he is still banging them in fairly regularly ie last weekend against Dumbarton? What else do you need/want a striker to do?

Maybe he can take penalties too which is more than any of the huddies we have can do.:agree:

Edit: oh, aye and LTYF:agree::bye:

Obviously not paying too much attention to OUR youngsters. Maybe its Thomsons job to check out the youngsters eh?

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm looking at the midfield to support the forwards more, and yes, when was the last time our midfield chipped in with a few goals?

How many goals did we score on Saturday with the much maligned Nish nowhere to be seen? Is Deeks hopeless as well now?

Surely you've got to look to your strikers to score the majority of the goals and hope the midfield chip in with a few as well. Not just blame the midfield and the striker that is actually capable of scoring regularly for not covering the other guys arse?!

ScottB
01-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Surely you've got to look to your strikers to score the majority of the goals and hope the midfield chip in with a few as well. Not just blame the midfield and the striker that is actually capable of scoring regularly for not covering the other guys arse?!

I'm not saying Nish has been amazing for us by any means recently, I just object to the over the top level of criticism that is thrown his way, in a team where hardly anyone is playing well.

Aye, it'd be nice for him to score more, but then for him to score more it would help if the midfield were getting better delivery to the front two, if the wide players got forward more etc etc. It's all part of the same problem, I doubt you could swap out Nish for any other striker we have on the books and suddenly see a torrent of goals.

hibsfootsoldier
01-11-2010, 03:33 PM

do you see deek fluff as many chances as nish?
yes, the midfield should be more supportive of the play but what else can they do when the great nish fluffs every chance he gets. lets face it our midfield isnt a scoring midfield so you have to rely on your strikers.
when nish first came he was meant to be a great finisher, but for me am still waiting to see him bein a great finisher.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2010, 03:34 PM
I doubt you could swap out Nish for any other striker we have on the books and suddenly see a torrent of goals.

I agree with that and also that just 'cos Byrne's scored 6 or 7 goals in the 2nd Division doesn't mean he's the answer either. I'm sure if Nish dropped a few divisions he could score 6 or 7 goals as well.

ScottB
01-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I agree with that and also that just 'cos Byrne's scored 6 or 7 goals in the 2nd Division doesn't mean he's the answer either. I'm sure if Nish dropped a few divisions he could score 6 or 7 goals as well.

Exactly. If Byrne has any chance of playing for us then that's what he needs to at least be doing at the levels he's currently playing at. Beyond that what do we have? Trakys, who seems to be woefully unfit and Duffy who is still injured and yet to kick a ball for us. We currently have no option but to play Nish, so we may as well get behind the guy, for the folk that go along itching to shout abuse at him before he's even done anything, booing away every time he touchs the ball, how is that making things better? Is it his fault we only have 2 strikers available for selection? No!

Andy74
01-11-2010, 04:51 PM
do you see deek fluff as many chances as nish?
yes, the midfield should be more supportive of the play but what else can they do when the great nish fluffs every chance he gets. lets face it our midfield isnt a scoring midfield so you have to rely on your strikers.
when nish first came he was meant to be a great finisher, but for me am still waiting to see him bein a great finisher.

Yes, Riordan has fluffed quite a few as well, including on Saturday.

I still believe Riordan is a one of those that is a scorer of great goals but not a great goalscorer.

Nish is neither by the way.

Baldy Foghorn
01-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Yes, Riordan has fluffed quite a few as well, including on Saturday.

I still believe Riordan is a one of those that is a scorer of great goals but not a great goalscorer.

Nish is neither by the way.

:tsk tsk::tsk tsk:

Nish scored a howitzer at QOS this pre-season.........:wink:

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Think you'll find that East Fife are in division 2!!! They're my 2nd Scottish team:grr::grr:

can you clarify what you mean from "initial goals" too given that he is still banging them in fairly regularly ie last weekend against Dumbarton? What else do you need/want a striker to do?

Maybe he can take penalties too which is more than any of the huddies we have can do.:agree:

Edit: oh, aye and LTYF:agree::bye:

Obviously not paying too much attention to OUR youngsters. Maybe its Thomsons job to check out the youngsters eh?

Initial - his goals in his first game. Does that not make 4 past the bottom of the league 2ND DIVISION TEAM.

Re Wanting and needing a striker to do you are missing the point. You are stating the obvious when saying scoring goals, my point relates to the standard of opposition.

Re Thomson having the final say in youngsters going out on loan - I would very much doubt it.

Re your Yam chat - whatever. I would be a pretty crap Yam if i spent every weekend going to watch hibs play.

Bostonhibby
01-11-2010, 06:45 PM

Im a genuine , not so called Hibs fan, and I think Colin Nish is a decent player who gives a bit more than some others and has a respectable strike rate for a guy who only cost us £100k or so. I am not in denial and I don't care if he is a Hibs fan.

Opinions eh............. who'd have them?

weecounty hibby
01-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Im a genuine , not so called Hibs fan, and I think Colin Nish is a decent player who gives a bit more than some others and has a respectable strike rate for a guy who only cost us £100k or so. I am not in denial and I don't care if he is a Hibs fan.

Opinions eh............. who'd have them?
:top marksCost us next to nothing, probably not on very high wages, scores regularly. i've said it before he is a match for Kyle at Hearts, they are similar players but I think you'll find Nish has a better scoring rate. He also wont give the manager any bother, gets on with it and never moans about some of the utter pish shouted at him on a Saturday afternoon by people who are meant to be on his side.
If he is the 9th highest scorer in SPL history that is an amazing achievement by someone outside the OF who, if you listen to some on here, is meant to be rubbish.

ScottB
01-11-2010, 08:57 PM
:top marksCost us next to nothing, probably not on very high wages, scores regularly. i've said it before he is a match for Kyle at Hearts, they are similar players but I think you'll find Nish has a better scoring rate. He also wont give the manager any bother, gets on with it and never moans about some of the utter pish shouted at him on a Saturday afternoon by people who are meant to be on his side.
If he is the 9th highest scorer in SPL history that is an amazing achievement by someone outside the OF who, if you listen to some on here, is meant to be rubbish.

Yup, I remember folk actually wanting Kyle over Nish. Kyle is a Nish that doesn't score as much and is as robust as a cracked porcelain vase.

RCNG
01-11-2010, 10:46 PM
NISH NISH, COLIN NISH
NISH NISH, COLIN NISH
NISH NISH, COLIN NISH

SUPER COLIN NISH!:flag::flag::flag:

latapy10
01-11-2010, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=Albion Hibs;2622966]One. Which is only two less than Riordan? Yet he never takes any stick. Fact is Nish plays a role for Hibs, and always has done that he was never built for - target man. We were lost up front without him this week, and if he is out this week it will again prove significant imo.[/QUOTE Can u please tell me what roll Nish playes for the team as am in SHOCK after reading your quote,As for losing last week we only lost 1-0 because he wasnt playing could u not see that at least we had 11 players on the park one way to describe him 6ft of spagetti:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
01-11-2010, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=Albion Hibs;2622966]One. Which is only two less than Riordan? Yet he never takes any stick. Fact is Nish plays a role for Hibs, and always has done that he was never built for - target man. We were lost up front without him this week, and if he is out this week it will again prove significant imo.[/QUOTE Can u please tell me what roll Nish playes for the team as am in SHOCK after reading your quote,As for losing last week we only lost 1-0 because he wasnt playing could u not see that at least we had 11 players on the park one way to describe him 6ft of spagetti:agree:

We actually missed CN on Saturday, as Kenneth got a fairly easy ride, as none of our other players could match him for height.....

Cue you and others saying the spaghetti man can't jump:grr:

latapy10
01-11-2010, 11:14 PM
:bitchy:
[QUOTE=latapy10;2623439]

We actually missed CN on Saturday, as Kenneth got a fairly easy ride, as none of our other players could match him for height.....

Cue you and others saying the spaghetti man can't jump:grr::bitchy:

Baldy Foghorn
01-11-2010, 11:16 PM
:bitchy:[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;2623442]:bitchy:

inspiring and intelligent response. Well done:thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
01-11-2010, 11:19 PM
I like Nishy..

Genuinely hope he's fit for Sunday..

Watch him score the winner :notworthy:

The_Horde
01-11-2010, 11:20 PM
I like Nishy..

Genuinely hope he's fit for Sunday..

Watch him score the winner :notworthy:

I like Nishy but he always has a shocker against hearts. Fat jim knows him too well.

latapy10
01-11-2010, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=latapy10;2623455]:bitchy:

inspiring and intelligent response. Well done:thumbsup:Thanks for that glad you Agree with me on 6ft o spagetti:thumbsup:

Albion Hibs
01-11-2010, 11:33 PM
[QUOTE=latapy10;2623439]

Cue you and others saying the spaghetti man can't jump:grr:

Agreed we did miss him on Saturday. Kenneth probably could not believe his luck. Not Riordan's fault he was put in a role which is impossible for him to play because of the injury list up front.

Dunbar Hibee
02-11-2010, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;2623460]Thanks for that glad you Agree with me on 6ft o spagetti:thumbsup:

Give it a rest eh ?

Baldy Foghorn
02-11-2010, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=latapy10;2623469]

Give it a rest eh ?

:agree:

The name calling and other such adjectives of one of our own players in OTT and somewhat infuriating...... Leave that for the Yams.......

hibsfootsoldier
02-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Can u please tell me what roll Nish playes for the team as am in SHOCK after reading your quote,As for losing last week we only lost 1-0 because he wasnt playing could u not see that at least we had 11 players on the park one way to describe him 6ft of spagetti:agree:

Spot on m8 perfect way of describing him

Albion Hibs
02-11-2010, 11:26 PM
[/QUOTE Can u please tell me what roll Nish playes for the team as am in SHOCK after reading your quote,As for losing last week we only lost 1-0 because he wasnt playing could u not see that at least we had 11 players on the park one way to describe him 6ft of spagetti:agree:[/QUOTE]

Why are you in shock - surely you dont think just because a striker is tall it means he is a target man!

capitalhibee
02-11-2010, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=Dunbar Hibee;2623511]

:agree:

The name calling and other such adjectives of one of our own players in OTT and somewhat infuriating...... Leave that for the Yams.......

Why do you keep rising to the bait then

Just leave these threads alone then. Your never gonna agree with them so just leave well alone

Wotherspiniesta
02-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Does nobody preview their posts? :bsod:

Baldy Foghorn
03-11-2010, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;2623586]

Why do you keep rising to the bait then

Just leave these threads alone then. Your never gonna agree with them so just leave well alone

Im not rising to the bait, I genuinely feel the criticism given to Nish by some posters, and the general name calling is OTT, and it is my decision to argue his corner....

ahibby
03-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Colin is a Hibby and we shouldn't be slagging him. I am sure that if the new manager gets the team playing well again then Colin's goals will come.

Fergus52
03-11-2010, 03:41 PM

If your going to be picky then we're actually joint bottom?

and you might want to watch your punctuation too. It would be fans like you that don't like nish.

Phil MaGlass
03-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Ive said it before Ill say it again,
its more players like Nish we need in our team, in all positions, always gives 100% always fights and quite frankly some of the 5hit he takes on this forum is well out of order.

Bostonhibby
03-11-2010, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=latapy10;2623455]:bitchy

:jamboclow

Bostonhibby
03-11-2010, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=capitalhibee;2624374]

Im not rising to the bait, I genuinely feel the criticism given to Nish by some posters, and the general name calling is OTT, and it is my decision to argue his corner....

:thumbsup: Cometh the hour cometh the man!
Critcism yes but you have to look at the quality of some of the slagging off :wink: