PDA

View Full Version : Kings of Leon at Murrayfield June 26th

1two
28-10-2010, 01:07 PM
On sale next week.

I love KOL but think they're 'pop' stuff is pish, average at best.

The last 2 albums are over rated. Give me Soft, Trani and Milk over Sex on Fire any day. :cool2:

Wondering whether I should bother as I'm going to guess since its a stadium tour, tickets will be £35+. Do you think they'll play mainly they're newer stuff or a mix of everything? And will it be a crowd of screaming 14 year old girls waiting for Sex on Fire and teen boys first ever concert since seeing 'the Saturday'?

Darth Hibbie
28-10-2010, 01:11 PM
On sale next week.

The last 2 albums are over rated. Give me Soft, Trani and Milk over Sex on Fire any day. :cool2:

Wondering whether I should bother as I'm going to guess since its a stadium tour, tickets will be £35+. Do you think they'll play mainly they're newer stuff or a mix of everything? And will it be a crowd of screaming 14 year old girls waiting for Sex on Fire and teen boys first ever concert since seeing 'the Saturday'?

Are Bon Jovi not playing Murrayfield that day?

http://live2011tour.bonjovi.com/tour

1two
28-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Are Bon Jovi not playing Murrayfield that day?

http://live2011tour.bonjovi.com/tour

Nut!

They're playing the 22nd!!!:cool2:

:greengrin

Darth Hibbie
28-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Nut!

You can change your post but you will never change your title :greengrin

Well until an admin comes along and does it for you :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
28-10-2010, 04:56 PM
On sale next week.

Agree 100% about KOL. There 1st 3 albbums were IMHO modern classics, really good stripped down southern rock n roll. There last 2 albums have been far more commercial and 'pop'. It's a bit of an inevitability with a lot of bands these days unfortunately, Biffy Clyro have done similar. I suppose to some extent you can't blame them, critical aclaim is all very well but commercial success is what keeps you in hot tubs and supermodel girlfriends.

I think i will be giving Murrayfield a miss. I've seen KOL 6 or7 times and i would prefer to remember them as a band i enjoyed seeing live as opposed to having a typically poor stadium gig as my overriding memory.

Edit: I changed the thread title for you BTW.

CB_NO3
28-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Agree 100% about KOL. There 1st 3 albbums were IMHO modern classics, really good stripped down southern rock n roll. There last 2 albums have been far more commercial and 'pop'. It's a bit of an inevitability with a lot of bands these days unfortunately, Biffy Clyro have done similar. I suppose to some extent you can't blame them, critical aclaim is all very well but commercial success is what keeps you in hot tubs and supermodel girlfriends.

I think i will be giving Murrayfield a miss. I've seen KOL 6 or7 times and i would prefer to remember them as a band i enjoyed seeing live as opposed to having a typically poor stadium gig as my overriding memory.

Edit: I changed the thread title for you BTW.
I agree with everything you say. They are far too big and commercial now but as you say its not really their fault they have became huge. I have never seen them but dont think ill want to see them at all now as most of the people at their gigs will be waiting for that Sex on Fire song which I hate.

As for the price it will be over £45 which I dont justify.

.Sean.
28-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Not their biggest fan, although some of their earlier work wasn't too bad.

However 'Sex on Fire' is both the most over-played and over-rated song of recent years. Hate it.

Steve-O
29-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Seen them at the Corn Exchange in 2005 when they were still good, and far less popular. Wouldn't really go out of my way to see them now, even though I don't MIND their new album. I don't really like it either though. It's more for chilling out than rocking out like the first 2-3 albums.

Last time I saw them was in January 2008 in Sydney...mere months before Sex On Fire came out and the big 'sell out' began...could be the last time I see them at this rate.

easty
29-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Seen them at the Corn Exchange in 2005 when they were still good, and far less popular. Wouldn't really go out of my way to see them now, even though I don't MIND their new album. I don't really like it either though. It's more for chilling out than rocking out like the first 2-3 albums.

Last time I saw them was in January 2008 in Sydney...mere months before Sex On Fire came out and the big 'sell out' began...could be the last time I see them at this rate.

Since Aha Shake Heartbreak I've thought that the albums have been over-produced, they sound too well done. I prefer it when its a bit rougher round the edges. I dunno if that makes sense to anyone but me though!!

1two
29-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Since Aha Shake Heartbreak I've thought that the albums have been over-produced, they sound too well done. I prefer it when its a bit rougher round the edges. I dunno if that makes sense to anyone but me though!!

I know exactly what you mean

The_Horde
29-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Despise KOL and always have.

See this (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?195560-Blog-about-the-kings-of-leon-by-one-half-of-the-band-Groove-Armada.)

seanraff07
31-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Amn't their biggest fan that's for sure and IMO all they've done the last few years is became far more 'pop' which has ruined them. And i agree with .sean. 'Sex on Fire' is well over played, i'm sick to death of hearing it.

I just think KOL's songs all sound too the same.

Calvin
31-10-2010, 12:33 PM
It's a bit of an inevitability with a lot of bands these days unfortunately, Biffy Clyro have done similar. I suppose to some extent you can't blame them, critical aclaim is all very well but commercial success is what keeps you in hot tubs and supermodel girlfriends.
The difference for me is that Biffy Clyro's recent albums are still really good, it's just that they're getting the attention that their earlier albums also deserved; whereas KOLs last two albums are crap but Aha Shake Heartbreak was really good and didn't get a fifth of the attention that Only By The Night had.

1two
02-11-2010, 04:39 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/venueartist/148453/862453?did=ukdfckol&camefrom=CFC_UK_DFC_KOL_DFP021110

Pre-sale on now

Hibby70
02-11-2010, 08:42 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/venueartist/148453/862453?did=ukdfckol&camefrom=CFC_UK_DFC_KOL_DFP021110

Pre-sale on now
Cheers, thats my ticket bought, hoping for some stonking support acts. Band of horses, mumford and sons and arcade fire would do me!

Betty Boop
04-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Nut!

I'm going ! :thumbsup: