PDA

View Full Version : Steven Fletcher

Mikeystewart
28-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Anyone else see his back heel to set up Wolves second goal, classy is the word that comes to mind. Seems to be doing well hopefuly he'l get another move to stay in the Premiership if Wolves go down.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/9133366.stm

greenlex
28-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Anyone else see his back heel to set up Wolves second goal, classy is the word that comes to mind. Seems to be doing well hopefuly he'l get another move to stay in the Premiership if Wolves go down.

Left or right peg?

wazoo1875
28-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Left !

heretoday
28-10-2010, 02:23 PM
He's got confidence. Everton could do with him. Better than Beckford anyway.

CallumLaidlaw
28-10-2010, 02:53 PM
He's got confidence. Everton could do with him. Better than Beckford anyway.

Everton got beckford on a free. They can't really splash £7m-£9m

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-10-2010, 03:22 PM

If he proves himself as a quality striker and scores goals to match then, Wolves will stay up.

Mikeystewart
28-10-2010, 03:59 PM
If he proves himself as a quality striker and scores goals to match then, Wolves will stay up.

fingers crossed, a like to see the clubs down south with Scottish player do well. Can only be god for the national team

wazoo1875
28-10-2010, 04:07 PM
fingers crossed, a like to see the clubs down south with Scottish player do well. Can only be god for the national team

That's the thing tho , it does not benefit the national team if the fud in charge doesn't pick the likes of Fletch or Adam !

Apart from Harry not picking those 2, I agree :-)

persevere1875
28-10-2010, 04:14 PM
That's the thing tho , it does not benefit the national team if the fud in charge doesn't pick the likes of Fletch or Adam !

Apart from Harry not picking those 2, I agree :-)

Hope your not suggesting our national coach "Change name to suit" should start picking people just because their on form or playing at a higher standard than outwith the OF, that just wouldnt do, think of the tradition of putting out a national team bereft of goal scoring opportunities, next you'll be asking them to start including certain Hibbys in the team, come on now, keep taking the medication :wink:

Cropley10
28-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Fletchers a good player.

Not good enough to play for Scotland obviously, but he's good.

wazoo1875
28-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Hope your not suggesting our national coach "Change name to suit" should start picking people just because their on form or playing at a higher standard than outwith the OF, that just wouldnt do, think of the tradition of putting out a national team bereft of goal scoring opportunities, next you'll be asking them to start including certain Hibbys in the team, come on now, keep taking the medication :wink:
Whilst my post may insinuate this, it was definately not what I was meaning to imply, I'm just another nomark punter that knows nowt about our national sport ! NUUUURSE ;-)

Pretty Boy
28-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Fletcher is a class act. I've been a fan of his for a few years and generally voiced a positive opinion of him when a fair few on here doubted his ability.

He was clearly starting to stagnate at Hibs/in the SPL and made the wise choice to go to the EPL, a choice too few have dared make. He's getting his rewards as he gets better and better every week and i'm certain he will end up at a really big club one day.

Shaggy
28-10-2010, 05:30 PM
never mind his football.... when he left here he was a baldy bassa.... now hes a hair ball growing a winter coat, amazing what money does for your hormones

nlod
28-10-2010, 05:43 PM
fletcher is pure class gonna end up at a much bigger club than wolves.shame he is still not a hibby.

Long suffering
28-10-2010, 07:08 PM
While im sure he will end up doing quite well at wolves , like he did at burnley, i have been keeping tabs on Wolves fans opinions on him and they are not convinced. A lot say they feel he has been OK but nowhere near worth 7 million.....

heretoday
28-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Everton got beckford on a free. They can't really splash £7m-£9m

They may have to offload Pienaar. Spurs are keen.

Skanko79
28-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Really cant see wolves going down this season.

hibbysam
28-10-2010, 09:53 PM
fletcher is pure class gonna end up at a much bigger club than wolves.shame he is still not a hibby.

he supports liverpool, dont really see much of a problem with that tbh:agree:

Wotherspiniesta
28-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Quality player who's adapted brilliantly to a big league.

LancsHibs
29-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Quality player who's adapted brilliantly to a big league.

:agree: Fletch is and was a class act for us, can't believe the critisism he got from some quarters before he left.

frazeHFC
29-10-2010, 09:29 PM
:agree: Fletch is and was a class act for us, can't believe the critisism he got from some quarters before he left.

I always rated him high but i just feel he was 'good' for us, i would have said he was one of the better strikers in the league, but i just remember getting frustrated with him often. But as soon as he went down to England his work rate, and overall play just seems like it has progressed by miles and he is by far Scotland's best striker (Miller and Boyd score goals but are not overall great players). He seems like he has coped with the difference in quality of football perfectly.

Anyway, i think Wolves will be safe this season as they have firepower in Doyle, Fletcher and Ebanks-Blake, a much superior strike force than a lot of teams. If Wolves go down, i reckon he would be just what Liverpool need :agree:

sundo1875
30-10-2010, 03:24 PM
What a backheel

Cocaine&Caviar
30-10-2010, 03:42 PM
On the bench today.

sesoim
30-10-2010, 08:30 PM

Doubt it. Fletcher does the odd fancy thing but I was happy when we sold him (I'd rather Hibs had the money towards the new stand). I always felt he'd rather do a few fancy flicks than work his socks off to WIN the game.

Alongside a real goalscorer, he could do a job for a slightly bigger team than Wolves, but there is no way a big club would pay millions for a striker who struggles to get out of double figures.