PDA

View Full Version : Some good news!

R'Albin
28-10-2010, 05:29 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Darryl-Duffy-ready-for-an.6602419.jp Duffy back sooner than expected:thumbsup:

HibeeMcGinn1
28-10-2010, 06:07 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Darryl-Duffy-ready-for-an.6602419.jp Duffy back sooner than expected:thumbsup:

Good news? The guy is worse than Colin Nish. Hope he never plays for us.... :devil:

Glad to get a wee bit good news, just hope we don't push him to hard to try and get him back early. Looking forward to seeing him actually.

Ritchie
28-10-2010, 06:41 AM
Good news? The guy is worse than Colin Nish. Hope he never plays for us.... :devil:

Glad to get a wee bit good news, just hope we don't push him to hard to try and get him back early. Looking forward to seeing him actually.

I'm not expecting great things to be honest. :boo hoo:

The Harp
28-10-2010, 06:45 AM
Not really expecting too much from Duffy to be honest so pretty much anything positive from him will be a bonus as far as I'm concerned.
Having said that, hope he does well for us.

R'Albin
28-10-2010, 06:50 AM
TBH we need him back even if he isnt great because we are so badly lacking up front.Yogi never should have loaned out Byrne:grr:

matty_f
28-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Glad to see so many folk have been keeping tabs on duffy since he's been out of the scottish game.
Imho, he is a good signing and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can add to a fairly impotent strike force.

Hibbyradge
28-10-2010, 07:39 AM
"on course to return".

Going back already? :rolleyes:

Tricla
28-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Glad to see so many folk have been keeping tabs on duffy since he's been out of the scottish game.
Imho, he is a good signing and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can add to a fairly impotent strike force.

C'mon Mattie son. It's not the .net way to do any research before formulating an opinion! :wink:

I don't really recall his prowess or lack thereof whilst he was up here and don't really know how he did down south but I am looking forward to him getting fit and getting in the side to see what he can do for us.

I can't really understand why some of us continue to rubbish new players when they haven't kicked a ball for us.

It must be horrid for any new player to know that he has to win the fans over from a position of doubt and negativity rather than a position of optimism and support.

hibhib7
28-10-2010, 09:22 AM
I don't know much about Duffy but if he's capable of taking the ball past a defender it will be a big plus for us. We have nobody capable of doing that at the moment and that is why we continue to look so one-dimensional. With the unlikelihood of Zemmama ever being fit again we really have to try and sign this type of player in January. In the meantime, let's give him and the manager a fair chance before the knives start coming out again - we need some stability, apart from RIP, at the club.

BEEJ
28-10-2010, 09:31 AM
To my mind he can't recover soon enough. We need all the help up front that we can get.

However, can't see how this represents him coming back earlier than expected. Injured during first week in September and now hopes to be back in contention in another three or four weeks.

That will be 11 or 12 weeks in total when the initial news as I recall was that he could be out for up to 10 weeks.

Andy74
28-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Could have sworn it was a FACT that Hughes injured him?

Cropley10
28-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't know much about Duffy but if he's capable of taking the ball past a defender it will be a big plus for us. We have nobody capable of doing that at the moment and that is why we continue to look so one-dimensional. With the unlikelihood of Zemmama ever being fit again we really have to try and sign this type of player in January. In the meantime, let's give him and the manager a fair chance before the knives start coming out again - we need some stability, apart from RIP, at the club.

Really? Zouma will never be fit again? Tragic news if true. Source/link?

Gatecrasher
28-10-2010, 11:38 AM
[

C'mon Mattie son. It's not the .net way to do any research before formulating an opinion! :wink:

I don't really recall his prowess or lack thereof whilst he was up here and don't really know how he did down south but I am looking forward to him getting fit and getting in the side to see what he can do for us.

I can't really understand why some of us continue to rubbish new players when they haven't kicked a ball for us.

It must be horrid for any new player to know that he has to win the fans over from a position of doubt and negativity rather than a position of optimism and support.
:top marks

I like your recent posts against the general negative feel on here, keep it up :agree:

bawheid
28-10-2010, 11:45 AM

I agree with you.

It must also be horrid to be the kind of person who wakes up in the morning with a negative outlook on life, who looks for the catch or the flaw in everything, who writes a possibility off before giving it a chance. Sad.

IWasThere2016
28-10-2010, 11:46 AM

:thumbsup: We need newblood! :agree:

:agree:

To my mind he can't recover soon enough. We need all the help up front that we can get.

:agree:

Dinkydoo
28-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Can't wait to see him in action. If he adds anything to our current strike force then I'll be happy as we are currently absolutely rank in that department.

Deeks and Duffy up front, lets see what they can do.

GGTTH

Albion Hibs
28-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Good news, and delighted at the prospect of potentially having someone else up front / another option for the manager.

As for the slightly negative ones maybe you should just wait and see, he has a reasonable track record as a professional, and means we dont need to rely on players that are not ready like Byrne and co just yet.

Cropley10
28-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Good news, and delighted at the prospect of potentially having someone else up front / another option for the manager.

As for the slightly negative ones maybe you should just wait and see, he has a reasonable track record as a professional, and means we dont need to rely on players that are not ready like Byrne and co just yet.

How do you know Byrne isn't ready?:confused:

Albion Hibs
28-10-2010, 12:23 PM
How do you know Byrne isn't ready?:confused:

The fact he was loaned out is a reasonable indication!

R'Albin
28-10-2010, 03:55 PM

:top markshe could be awful he could be brilliant, but lets watch him play before deciding he's gash!

JimBHibees
28-10-2010, 04:35 PM

I agree we dont have anyone up front who is direct with a bit of pace hopefully he does the business for Hibs.