PDA

View Full Version : Under 19s v Hearts

oconnors_strip
27-10-2010, 09:45 PM
hibs under 19s are playing hearts this saturday at east mains, kick off 12noon.

truehibernian
27-10-2010, 10:06 PM
If Nish is out injured Nikki do you think CC will maybe take a wee chance and put either young Danny or Ross Caldwell on the bench for the experience ?

oconnors_strip
27-10-2010, 10:09 PM
If Nish is out injured Nikki do you think CC will maybe take a wee chance and put either young Danny or Ross Caldwell on the bench for the experience ?

caldwell is injured and getting 3 points against that lot and giving danny match time is more important that match experience with the 1st team!

if danny can score like he did against them in the east of scotland shield last season i will be over the moon!:greengrin

truehibernian
27-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Ross's goal was better :greengrin

Just hope they can keep going they way they are and make the step up. Lord knows we could do with a new goalscoring hero.

oconnors_strip
27-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Ross's goal was better :greengrin

Just hope they can keep going they way they are and make the step up. Lord knows we could do with a new goalscoring hero.

nah wee danny's was great and the celebrations:greengrin

he has just turned 16 so got a lot of time to progress and make it at hibs *fingers crossed*

oconnors_strip
30-10-2010, 10:04 AM
bump

frazeHFC
30-10-2010, 10:06 AM
What was the score in the game?

16 year old in the U19s, can only mean he is decent, get him on the bench today :agree:

son of haggart
30-10-2010, 11:54 AM
2-0 Hearts at present

Alfred E Newman
30-10-2010, 12:27 PM
2-0 Hearts at present

How am I not surprised at that scoreline. :bitchy:

sunshine1875
30-10-2010, 12:30 PM
How am I not surprised at that scoreline. :bitchy:

:grr: it is worse now, Bounce reporting it as three nil.

skipster7
30-10-2010, 12:41 PM
:grr: it is worse now, Bounce reporting it as three nil.
i just left at 3-0 with about 20 mins 2 go as it was freezing.hearts looked to have a few bigger guys and if im honest far stronger.:boo hoo:

Mikey
30-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Hearts? A big, physical side? Surely not :greengrin

matty_f
30-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Hearts have had a good youth side for a while, they ran us close in or double winning year and it's been a while since we beat them I'm the league.
They were one of the teams I was quite impressed with each time I saw them.

son of haggart
30-10-2010, 12:53 PM

4-0

oconnors_strip
30-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Full time 4-0. hibs had goal chopped off for offside that looked perfectly onside to us fans

Alfred E Newman
30-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Full time 4-0. hibs had goal chopped off for offside that looked perfectly onside to us fans

Since moving to our state of the art facilities at East Mains our so called "conveyer belt of talent" seems to have broken down.

matty_f
30-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Since moving to our state of the art facilities at East Mains our so called "conveyer belt of talent" seems to have broken down.

Today was the team's first defeat in a while iirc.
The team is also very young for a 19s side. It's easy to look at a result and ask what has happened to the talent, but if you knew the priorities of the coaches at that level, the important thing is that the players are being developed, which we are doing very well with.
Results are secondary at that level, obviously it's nicer if they're winning, and we wanted to win today, no doubt about it, but it by no means signals the end of the talent coming through.

Hibs90
30-10-2010, 02:26 PM

IMO far too early to see results. You need to remember this lot of U19s are only 17 or so. The U19's also won the league and cup double a couple of years ago. :wink:

PaulSmith
30-10-2010, 04:55 PM

Mikey, they weren't and had a big laddie in the centre of the park but apart from that it there wasn't much difference size wise. There is not one player in the squad that even remotely looks like they should the fast tracked into the first team. This is said not to detract from their ability but to give a reality check to those who want these guys into the first team.

Hibernia Na Eir
30-10-2010, 05:00 PM

totally agree, every other SPL team has as good, if not a better youth "conveyor belts of talent" than Hibs. I dont know where they get this from? We did have jolly good team back in the O'Connor, Deeks, Thomson days, but what since? The likes of Wotherspoon has hardly caught the eye.
Hate to say it, but the Yams have a much better quality youth than we do. Have done for a while too.