PDA

View Full Version : Where would we be with this squad?

djs69
27-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Just been "wondering"...what ifs?? What if we didnt sell out best players through the last few years where would we be.
Thinking back to the fees we got for these players would we be £15-£20 million in debt, or would we have qualified for the Champions league a couple of times and wiped this debt?
Who else would be in or out??
If only !!!

Smith
Stack
Brown

Whittaker
Jones
Bamba
Hogg
Murphy
Murray

Brown
Thomson
Sproule
Miller
Zemmama
Wotherspoon
McBride
Galbraith
Shiels

Riordan
Stokes
O'Connor
Fletcher

easty
27-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Just been "wondering"...what ifs?? What if we didnt sell out best players through the last few years where would we be.
Thinking back to the fees we got for these players would we be £15-£20 million in debt, or would we have qualified for the Champions league a couple of times and wiped this debt?
If only !!!

Smith
Stack
Brown

Whittaker
Jones
Bamba
Hogg
Murphy
Murray

Brown
Thomson
Sproule
Miller
Zemmama
Wotherspoon
McBride
Galbraith
Shiels

Riordan
Stokes
O'Connor
Fletcher

We'd still be losing plenty goals with those defenders I reckon....we'd struggle to make it into the Champions League.

Also I'm not sure what Galbraith has done to merit a place??

hibhib7
27-10-2010, 12:54 PM
We'd still be losing plenty goals with those defenders I reckon....we'd struggle to make it into the Champions League.

Also I'm not sure what Galbraith has done to merit a place??The next time Galbraith skins a defender will be the first time!

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Up to our neck in debt.

.Sean.
27-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Stroll the SPL.

LeithBoozy
27-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Its Indefensible selling all your best player's like that Blackpool, only joking mate. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Its Indefensible selling all your best player's like that Blackpool, only joking mate. :wink:

:greengrin:top marks

Stevie Reid
27-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Probably proposing a move to the Garden District

Spike Mandela
27-10-2010, 01:42 PM
If only !!!

Smith
Stack
Brown

Whittaker
Jones
Bamba
Hogg
Murphy
Murray

Brown
Thomson
Sproule
Miller
Zemmama
Wotherspoon
McBride
GalbraithShiels

Riordan
Stokes
O'Connor
Fletcher

You being serious:confused: In place of Boozy, Benji, Stewart etc, have a word.

Craig_in_Prague
27-10-2010, 02:01 PM
I think we'd still slump to defeats away to St J, St Mirren, ICT and so on.
As well as struggle in derbies.
The OF spending power is still too much and they'd have still stronger squads over the season.

We could be riddled with debt and probably with a stadium still not completed and training at public places. We'd be as well calling ourselves Hearts.:greengrin

KWJ
27-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Be playing a 0-6-4?

Speedy
27-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Half of them would have left at the end of their contract because we wouldn't be able to offer them good money.

Therefore we'd be in roughly the same position. However, assuming we did somehow keep them on the same wages we'd be challenging for europe but probably still failing.

Hibercelona
27-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Its pretty pointless to imagine tbh.

We could have 11 world class players on the pitch and still lose to St Johnstone, Hamilton, Inverness & Hearts! :grr:

Its the Hibs way.

superfurryhibby
27-10-2010, 02:56 PM
That's a fair list of players. With the additions suggested and one or three removed that would be a fairly awesome fantasy Hibs squad.

In an alternative universe where MOwbray stayed and so did they, that squad would have competed for all domestic honours. If they had been given four-five years together then we wouldn't have needed a defence, although I reckon Whitty, Murphy, Bamba and Murray would have made a pretty solid back four anyway.

There has been a spectacular talent drain away from ER in the past four years and contrary to what some folk believe, my experience of forty years of watching the Hibs tells me that we will probably never see the likes of it emerge again. All told, we should have had more success for the quality of player we have had in recent years. One League cup doesn't exactly do it justice.

There again for all the fantastic football played by the last great Hibs team, under Turnbull, the record books show that they achieved the same (although they did finish second twice in a row and won two Dryburgh cups).

snooky
27-10-2010, 04:17 PM
If only !!!

Smith
Stack
Brown

Whittaker
Jones
Bamba
Hogg
Murphy
Murray

Brown
Thomson
Sproule
Miller
Zemmama
Wotherspoon
McBride
Galbraith
Shiels

Riordan
Stokes
O'Connor
Fletcher

Are you sure you're not taking the Nish? :wink:

Brads Laing
27-10-2010, 04:51 PM
You being serious:confused: In place of Boozy, Benji, Stewart etc, have a word.
Fair enough boozy, but benji and stewart. Stewart is absolutely terrible, a lot worse than mcbride and benji only managed to score 20 goals in almost 5 years for us.

ballengeich
27-10-2010, 05:08 PM
The players would all have left at the end of their contracts for higher wages elsewhere. We'd have the same playing squad as now, no training centre, no new east stand and a larger debt.

hibsfan7
27-10-2010, 07:16 PM
i think we could win the league as both the iold firm are *****

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Aye, the league table doesnae lie!