PDA

View Full Version : NHC Leigh Griffiths

Ell_Chrisso
26-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Apparently already signed for St. Johnstone, and will move permanently in Jan. Very reliable source. Im still not 100% in believing, but im not convinced the person passing on the information would just make it up.

Only reason i post this, is a few have talked about him eventually heading to us being his boy hood heroes.

Thoughts?

HenryMonk
26-10-2010, 02:18 PM
good luck tae the lad, another level up to prove himself.

H18sry
26-10-2010, 02:23 PM
BBC Gossip column yesterday Blackpool are hoping to take advantage of Dundee going into administration and are poised to make a cut-price bid of about £150,000 for striker Leigh Griffiths. (the Sun)

ScottB
26-10-2010, 02:27 PM
BBC Gossip column yesterday Blackpool are hoping to take advantage of Dundee going into administration and are poised to make a cut-price bid of about £150,000 for striker Leigh Griffiths. (the Sun)

Yeah I saw that too.

Can't see him pouncing on St Johnstone straight away, I'd imagine there'd be a lot of clubs interested in him.

StevieC
26-10-2010, 02:46 PM
I think St Johnstone might have the edge because apparently Dundee are due them money for a transfer or two.

Having said that, if someone comes in with hard cash it would be difficult for the administrators to turn it down.

Dr Jimmy
26-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I think St Johnstone might have the edge because apparently Dundee are due them money for a transfer or two.

Having said that, if someone comes in with hard cash it would be difficult for the administrators to turn it down.

That rules us out then.

Ell_Chrisso
26-10-2010, 03:25 PM

There is where you have it in 1.

Hibs90
26-10-2010, 05:31 PM
This story was in the papers in the summer aswell.

Dinkydoo
26-10-2010, 06:02 PM
I've always wondered why we have never really shown any interest in him; I'd
welcome him with open arms tbh.

scoopyboy
26-10-2010, 06:16 PM

F all to do with Leigh Griffiths.

It's not his problem if Dundee owe SJ money.

No one can force him to sign if he doesn't want to.

vahibbie
26-10-2010, 06:19 PM

Surely he wouldn't have to go if he doesn't want to:confused:
Blackpool may not have the biggest wage bill in the EPL but I think he'd be on more there than in Perth.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2010, 06:22 PM
I have only seen snippets of the boy, and he never stood out in what i saw. Is he any good? Or is it just because he's a hibby he gets such good praise on here?:dunno:

Diclonius
26-10-2010, 06:26 PM
I have only seen snippets of the boy, and he never stood out in what i saw. Is he any good? Or is it just because he's a hibby he gets such good praise on here?:dunno:

He's scored 46 goals in 97 appearances, and he wants to come here.

I'd say that's reason enough. :agree:

.Sean.
26-10-2010, 06:44 PM
I've played against him and he also played with a few of my mates. He's excellent :agree:

He broke my mates ankle when he was younger, in a Leith versus Preston game :faf:

Ell_Chrisso
26-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Kinda knew this whole, " why would he do this, why would he do that" rubbish would start.

Il point out like i said, im not saying i know this 100% myself, im just passing on that a current Saints player claims, the deal has ALREADY been done.

On top of that, Saints are already paying his wages, till he arrives.. which is part of the deal to wipe the £40,000 grand debt Dundee has to Saints, along with an exsisting transfer. Saints are now also paying for there young loanee to stay at Dundee, and will offload Steven Milne to them in Jan on loan to give them stability as part of the Griffiths deal.

As far as it goes with the other options, maybe he does have them. And yes, he also doesn't have to go to Saints just because Dundee want to offload him there. But it makes sense. And to be honest, he won't get a sniff of a game down in the EPL, so the next test for him will come in the SPL.

Soon see if its true

Sloppy
26-10-2010, 06:49 PM
i really hope he signs for us, excellent player and a hibee. would be fantastic him and deeko up front!!

KeithTheHibby
26-10-2010, 06:50 PM
If we are still struggling to score goals come January I would expect Hibs to be in for him....St Johnstone can offer very little compared to us.

scoopyboy
26-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Kinda knew this whole, " why would he do this, why would he do that" rubbish would start.

Il point out like i said, im not saying i know this 100% myself, im just passing on that a current Saints player claims, the deal has ALREADY been done.

On top of that, Saints are already paying his wages, till he arrives.. which is part of the deal to wipe the £40,000 grand debt Dundee has to Saints, along with an exsisting transfer. Saints are now also paying for there young loanee to stay at Dundee, and will offload Steven Milne to them in Jan on loan to give them stability as part of the Griffiths deal.

As far as it goes with the other options, maybe he does have them. And yes, he also doesn't have to go to Saints just because Dundee want to offload him there. But it makes sense. And to be honest, he won't get a sniff of a game down in the EPL, so the next test for him will come in the SPL.

Soon see if its true

I was not rubbishing your information which is very detailed.

I merely said just because Dundee were owe SJ money didn't mean he would have to sign if he didn't want to.

Ell_Chrisso
26-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Reason i posted, was to see what people thot. Personally i was quite dissapointed. I hope it's not all as rosey a done deal as the player is claiming, because i think our club could do a whole lot worse than picking someone like him up on the cheap.

Albion Hibs
26-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Have never really seen the big deal with this kid, so on that note not overly fussed if we have missed him.

Sad that he is moving on given the situation at his current club, if he lands a premiership club / championship club down south then so be it.

Titch
26-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Griffiths is another one that has slipped through the net, like Danny Swanson. Do scouts not watch youth games down Leith Links anymore?

he never "slipped through the net" he was released by hibs as he was disruptive
(i'm led to believe)

Sylar
26-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Undoubted talent, but an unavoidable reputation for trouble.

Granted, he's a bit older (and hopefully wiser?) now than he was whilst at Hibs as a youngster and Livingston (where he was an absolute wild child, going by a few of the guys I know who play for them)...

He certainly would benefit from a move away from Dundee - his spell at Dens has done his professional development no favours - he's far too good a player to be languishing in the Scottish first division.

essexhibee
26-10-2010, 11:01 PM
he never "slipped through the net" he was released by hibs as he was disruptive
(i'm led to believe)

I remember him meant to be a bit of an arse.

Would fit in with the current crop well then. :rolleyes:

monktonharp
26-10-2010, 11:08 PM
He certainly would benefit from a move away from Dundee - his spell at Dens has done his professional development no favours - he's far too good a player to be languishing in the Scottish first division. that might drive him away from our position,next season then :confused: :wink:

offshorehibby
27-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Maybe the new manager has different ideas who he wants to bring in, maybe CC hasn't been told Hibs.netters no best.

TornadoHibby
27-10-2010, 08:01 AM
F all to do with Leigh Griffiths.

It's not his problem if Dundee owe SJ money.

No one can force him to sign if he doesn't want to.

No way an Insolvency Practitioner would settle an unsecured creditor (which is what ST J probably are by the sound of things), fully or partially, by effectively" gifting" them an asset that he can sell to a 3rd party for hard cash and potentially benefit ALL creditors depending upon the extent of the debt of the secured creditors (usually the Banks) compared with the realisable value of the insolvent company's assets! :wink: :cool2:

Beefster
27-10-2010, 08:47 AM
He's scored 46 goals in 97 appearances, and he wants to come here.

I'd say that's reason enough. :agree:

His ratio is 1 goal every 2 games in the lower leagues? There's no-one in the lower leagues with a better ratio than that? If so, shouldn't we be looking at them first?

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2010, 08:49 AM
I remember him meant to be a bit of an arse.

Would fit in with the current crop well then. :rolleyes:

You keep making these accusations, then disappear when asked to give details? Still no answer on the Riordan bull.:bitchy:

oldbutdim
27-10-2010, 08:50 AM
I've always wondered why we have never really shown any interest in him; I'd
welcome him with open arms tbh.

I believe that Hibs have been in discussions regard the boy. That was after Yogi left, and before CC arrived.

:hmmm:

essexhibee
27-10-2010, 09:07 AM
You keep making these accusations, then disappear when asked to give details? Still no answer on the Riordan bull.:bitchy:

Im just going on this one by what people said on here before, no rumour on things ive heard just what people said previously? Why the arsy reply? :confused: It wasnt "bull" as you like to put it, it was a solid story that i said about?

Miller33
27-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Leigh has not signed for St Johnstone, he's still a Dundee player.

Gatecrasher
27-10-2010, 11:46 AM
I believe that Hibs have been in discussions regard the boy. That was after Yogi left, and before CC arrived.

:hmmm:

Interesting, :hmmm:

H18sry
31-10-2010, 10:36 AM
He has not signed anything with anybody, but thinks he maybe off to the seaside[rs] in January as they can offer Dundee the biggest transfer fee. :wink:

tamig
31-10-2010, 07:55 PM
He broke my mates ankle when he was younger, in a Leith versus Preston game :faf:

Glad I'm no your mate if that's what gets you rolling on the floor :bitchy:

essexhibee
31-10-2010, 08:09 PM
I remember from his Facebook status after a derby once....oh he's a hibby alright.

Seems like he's a good player get him signed up if he is. Guess he would just be a bench warmer down by the seaside.

IWasThere2016
31-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Leigh has not signed for St Johnstone, he's still a Dundee player.

Correct.