PDA

View Full Version : NHC Mowbray takes over at Middlesborough

eastmainsmsh
26-10-2010, 11:35 AM
mogga new boro boss :thumbsup:

good luck http://www.mfc.co.uk/articles/20101026/mowbray-is-new-boro-manager-_70638_2197173

Jim44
26-10-2010, 11:41 AM
It'll end up in tears yet again. :greengrin

ScottB
26-10-2010, 11:54 AM
As expected...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26102010/58/championship-mowbray-named-middlesbrough-boss.html

Will be interesting how he handles all those players he emptied!

Just Jimmy
26-10-2010, 11:56 AM
good luck to him. The celtic thing was a piece of nonsence, and he North-East needs another Premiership side.

ScottB
26-10-2010, 11:58 AM
So apparently he passed on the '£500k' that Celtic still owed him.

So much for the folk on here swearing blind that he was no longer on Celtics payroll when he was being linked to coming back to us!

Good luck to him, hopefully he can get his career back on track, best place for him to do it too. :agree:

--------
26-10-2010, 12:16 PM

So much for the folk on here swearing blind that he was no longer on Celtics payroll when he was being linked to coming back to us!

Good luck to him, hopefully he can get his career back on track, best place for him to do it too. :agree:

Hm. So Boro try one former Celtic manager - a successful one - and things don't work out.

So they sack him and appoint another former Celtic manager - an unsuccessful one this time - to succeed him.

I HOPE it works out for him, but I wouldn't hold my breath.... :rolleyes:

heretoday
26-10-2010, 12:17 PM
I said it would happen but did anyone listen?

No, they didn't. :cool2:

joe breezy
26-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Could be a disaster but you never know...

Golden Bear
26-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Best of luck Tony.

I bear no grudges as he he produced a Hibs team where the focus was very much on ENTERTAINMENT.

These were happy days.

EH6 Hibby
26-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Best of luck Tony.

I bear no grudges as he he produced a Hibs team where the focus was very much on ENTERTAINMENT.

These were happy days.

I felt the same until that Huddle at Easter Road.

Hibee_Lisa
26-10-2010, 12:45 PM

:agree:

James70
26-10-2010, 12:49 PM

I lost all my respect for him that day, I am still puzzled why he felt he had to rub our noses in it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Who knew they would be right about this one?

poolman
26-10-2010, 01:10 PM

:agree: Spot on

He can go and take one for all I care

Not just the huddle, he made a right dick of himself at the post match interview

(((Fergus)))
26-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I lost all my respect for him that day, I am still puzzled why he felt he had to rub our noses in it.

Not sure he purposely did it to upset anyone, it just showed how little he considered Hibs fans by then.

HenryMonk
26-10-2010, 02:16 PM
nae luck boro fans!! you'll need an all the best with this dumpling!!

mowbrays story so far;

hibs=no, but argueable tae some folk
west brom=defo no
smellies=defo no
boro=doubt it

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Guessing that Scott McDonald is packing his bags already.

I think that first off, he will try and get David Murphy on loan from Birmingham where he is not getting a game, and then a wee nip at Celtic for a lend of Scott Brown. A bosman for G O'C who is also out of the frame at Birmigham, and then a 250k bid for Ivan at Bristol City. Heard Doncaster have a nippy midfielder/ forward as well. Not forgetting a no-nonsense centre-half, from Scunthorpe maybe??:greengrin

hibeenicol
26-10-2010, 02:52 PM

Me too. I hope he fails down there as well.:greengrin

lEXO
26-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Couldnae give a toss about Mowbray or Boro. As soon as he walked out on us the week before the derby, i couldnae be f*****d wae him anymore.Add in the huddle nonsense last year against us, he can go and toss s***e at himself.

Hibstrooper
26-10-2010, 03:13 PM
nae luck boro fans!! you'll need an all the best with this dumpling!!

mowbrays story so far;

hibs=no, but argueable tae some folk
west brom=defo no
smellies=defo no
boro=doubt it

Really :confused:

You think 2 top 4 finishes in 3 years is failure at Hibs.

The football under Mowbray is the reason so many fans came back to Easter Road. Even McLeish's team was only pulling in 10k. The football we've had since is why the attendances have been gradually ebbing away.

FWIW I didn't want him back before we got Calderwood as I don't think he is what we need just now. However I would argue against it even being arguable to call him a failure during his spell with Hibs.

Just Jimmy
26-10-2010, 03:20 PM
mowbrays story so far;

hibs= yes, fantastic football, two 3-0 wins at ibrox, semi finals, wins at the pbs, some excellent talent and our best finishes for yonks.
west brom=promotion added to sexy football at a canter, defo yes. premiership never went well but he was never backed properly
smellies= no but most managers have one blip
boro= he'll get plenty time

Speedway
26-10-2010, 04:12 PM
"We need to turn this big steamer around and start heading back to the sunshine."

That's no way to describe your new club is it?

AK86
26-10-2010, 04:40 PM
mowbrays story so far;

hibs= yes, fantastic football, two 3-0 wins at ibrox, semi finals, wins at the pbs, some excellent talent and our best finishes for yonks.
west brom=promotion added to sexy football at a canter, defo yes. premiership never went well but he was never backed properly
smellies= no but most managers have one blip
boro= he'll get plenty time

youre yanking our chain there eh :confused:

snooky
26-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Great news ........... for the other teams in Boro's league.
I've made no secret that I think the guy is a managerial numptie.
They'll probably lose more than they'll win. :wink:

yekimevol
26-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Good luck mogga !!!!:agree:

Spike Mandela
27-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Mowbray and Middlesbrough are the perfect match, I expect them to flourish.

Mowbray is a hero at Middlesbrough, as he should be here IMO.

What would I give to watch a Mowbray style team at ER just now, inventive, pacy, exciting and win more than they lose.

Gregor
27-10-2010, 08:37 AM

:)

Danderhall Hibs
27-10-2010, 08:38 AM
A bosman for G O'C who is also out of the frame at Birmigham,

I think he started on Saturday so he's not that far out of the frame.

Duffys13
27-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Great news ........... for the other teams in Boro's league.
I've made no secret that I think the guy is a managerial numptie.
They'll probably lose more than they'll win. :wink:

Remember he got West Brom out the Division twice

ancienthibby
28-10-2010, 10:02 AM
John Park, formerly of East Mains and more recently of the dark side, to join Mogga at Middlesborough as Director of Football, according to today's press.

Were we too slow (again)???

marinello59
28-10-2010, 10:13 AM
John Park, formerly of East Mains and more recently of the dark side, to join Mogga at Middlesborough as Director of Football, according to today's press.

Were we too slow (again)???
:confused: Too slow for what? Were we after his return?

rubber mal
28-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Really :confused:

You think 2 top 4 finishes in 3 years is failure at Hibs.

The football under Mowbray is the reason so many fans came back to Easter Road. Even McLeish's team was only pulling in 10k. The football we've had since is why the attendances have been gradually ebbing away.

FWIW I didn't want him back before we got Calderwood as I don't think he is what we need just now. However I would argue against it even being arguable to call him a failure during his spell with Hibs.

Spot on. He didn't get everything right (it was his first job as a manager) but two top four finishes in a row hadn't been achieved since the Tornadoes, and certainly hasn't been since, and the football at times was a joy to watch.

And to all those still talking about players having a cuddle on the pitch - get over it, guys.

CmoantheHibs
28-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Wish him well.He brought some great players to Easter Road and had them playing some wonderful stuff.

Hainan Hibs
28-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Never understood the love in Hibs fans have with Mowbray.

Never hid the fact that he believed the Hibs job was beneath him.

His reign included some of the most embarassing derby results ever.

Zibi - a renewed contract - three years.

Ipwich were turned down because he had unfinished business at ER, within a blink of an eye he's down at West Brom.

In amongst some of the good football were some of the most eye bleeding away games I've ever seen.

And on his huddle, if he had been "rangers minded" and done something similiar he would've been getting ripped apart for years. Because he is a "celtic man" and done a huddle it's completely fine.

ancienthibby
28-10-2010, 03:48 PM

Ipwich were turned down because he had unfinished business at ER, within a blink of an eye he's down at West Brom.

In amongst some of the good football were some of the most eye bleeding away games I've ever seen.

And on his huddle, if he had been "rangers minded" and done something similiar he would've been getting ripped apart for years. Because he is a "celtic man" and done a huddle it's completely fine.

The point of Mowbray's hiring of John Park, though, may represent a missed opportunity for us!!

Park did a huge job for us at u-19 level and was known to be 'restless' at Darkheid and, given our frontline team of RP and RP and RP (and a large range of failed managers), perhaps we could do with a Director of Football such as John Park!!

marinello59
28-10-2010, 04:01 PM
The point of Mowbray's hiring of John Park, though, may represent a missed opportunity for us!!

Park did a huge job for us at u-19 level and was known to be 'restless' at Darkheid and, given our frontline team of RP and RP and RP (and a large range of failed managers), perhaps we could do with a Director of Football such as John Park!!

Had he expressed an interest in returning to Hibs then? Were we interested at all? He left happily enough didn't he? We can't miss an opportunity that never existed.

ancienthibby
28-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Had he expressed an interest in returning to Hibs then? Were we interested at all? He left happily enough didn't he? We can't miss an opportunity that never existed.

Been lying in wait all day then, big man??

Sorry I kept you waiting.:greengrin

marinello59
28-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Been lying in wait all day then, big man??

Sorry I kept you waiting.:greengrin

Sadly I can't spend the whole day on here waiting for you to post your words of wisdom. Real life tends to get in the way.

ancienthibby
28-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Sadly I can't spend the whole day on here waiting for you to post your words of wisdom. Real life tends to get in the way.

The emptiness of your argument is astounding!! :rockin:

marinello59
28-10-2010, 04:31 PM
The emptiness of your argument is astounding!! :rockin:

What argument? Jeezus H Christ, you ain't drunk at this time are you?:confused:

ancienthibby
28-10-2010, 04:37 PM
What argument? Jeezus H Christ, you ain't drunk at this time are you?:confused:

Indeed. What argument?? You have none!!

And just what is your need for your outrageous blasphemy??

This is a public forum. In another public forum such as a daily newspaper you'd never get your last post printed!!

The Admins should censor your keyboard!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

marinello59
28-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Indeed. What argument?? You have none!!

And just what is your need for your outrageous blasphemy??

This is a public forum. In another public forum such as a daily newspaper you'd never get your last post printed!!

The Admins should censor your keyboard!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I questioned your statement that we missed out on Mr Park returning to Hibs. Fair enough surely?
Blasphemy? :greengrin

ancienthibby
28-10-2010, 05:07 PM
I questioned your statement that we missed out on Mr Park returning to Hibs. Fair enough surely?
Blasphemy? :greengrin

You used the words J.... H C.....

There are any number of Christian believers who post on this site.... and the words you use are utter blasphemy.

As I said before, in another forum, such as the letters page of a newspaper, your words would never get printed.

In your world, seemingly, blasphemy rules.

lapsedhibee
28-10-2010, 06:18 PM

Some of what you say is true, but I don't think I ever saw anyone on here saying that the huddle was completely fine. It was well bad, as was the refusal to comment on McCheaty's dive.