PDA

View Full Version : Question Favourite "sick day" films?

deeks01
26-10-2010, 06:01 AM
You've woken up and got ready for work feeling pretty crap , in fact so crap you've eventually decided you can't go to your work today. You have the house and tv to yourself all day long. What films do you decide to watch as your lay sprawled on the couch wae a blanket and a bowl of chicken soup?

I've just stuck donnie darko in but I'm stuck for other ideas despite a relatively big collection.

Thought it might be interesting to see what others might watch... and it may give me some ideas to! :greengrin:

Its a shame you've got to feel so lousy to get this kind of lazy day!

deeks01
26-10-2010, 07:42 AM
just to add thats the 1st I've watched donnie darko and it is bloody weird :confused: strange strange film!!

easty
26-10-2010, 08:14 AM
just to add thats the 1st I've watched donnie darko and it is bloody weird :confused: strange strange film!!

It's an okay film...not great though.

I remember I woke up (must be about 2 years ago now) and decided I didnt want to go to work, phoned in to say my girlfriend had opened the bathroom door just as I was walking out it, and it hit me on the head, knocked me out and gave me concussion.

Spent the day watching Stand By Me then the whole first season of Flight of the Concords, and playing Football Manager. Twas a good day.

Steve-O
26-10-2010, 08:27 AM
It's an okay film...not great though.

I remember I woke up (must be about 2 years ago now) and decided I didnt want to go to work, phoned in to say my girlfriend had opened the bathroom door just as I was walking out it, and it hit me on the head, knocked me out and gave me concussion.

Spent the day watching Stand By Me then the whole first season of Flight of the Concords, and playing Football Manager. Twas a good day.

:tsk tsk:

GREAT film :agree:

deeks01 - it needs more than 1 viewing.

Gatecrasher
26-10-2010, 08:34 AM
ferris bueller day off :cool2:

easty
26-10-2010, 10:07 AM
:tsk tsk:

GREAT film :agree:

deeks01 - it needs more than 1 viewing.

Nah....I've given more than 1 viewing, more than 5 even, probably. I'm not saying it's rubbish cos it's not, but it is just average.

Seems to be one of those things that is "cool" to love. Sort of in the same way as Banksy "art" or the XX album (which is mostly pish).

Killiehibbie
26-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Bad Santa will make you feel better.

Calvin
27-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Spent the day watching the whole first season of Flight of the Concords, and playing Football Manager. Twas a good day.
:thumbsup:

One of my best ever lazy days was a Conchords and The Thick of It marathon.

Steve-O
27-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Nah....I've given more than 1 viewing, more than 5 even, probably. I'm not saying it's rubbish cos it's not, but it is just average.

Seems to be one of those things that is "cool" to love. Sort of in the same way as Banksy "art" or the XX album (which is mostly pish).

Can honestly say I loved it from the first time I seen it, before the hype, and before anyone else I knew had seen it...at the Cameo no less :greengrin

Steve-O
27-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Oh and definitely watch Hot Tub Time Machine...if you don't have it...*cough* download it :wink:

easty
27-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Oh and definitely watch Hot Tub Time Machine...if you don't have it...*cough* download it :wink:

Done and done....

Not quite as good as The Hangover or Superbad but still one of the funniest films I've seen in the last few years.

Teo10
27-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Done and done....

Not quite as good as The Hangover or Superbad but still one of the funniest films I've seen in the last few years.

Great White Buffalo!

matty_f
27-10-2010, 09:55 AM
ferris bueller day off :cool2:

Had to be! Donnie darko is brilliant too.

calumhibee1
27-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Goodfellas and Scarface. With a takeaway pizza. :agree:

Steve-O
29-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Done and done....

It's a cracker :agree:

I think I liked it even more because I wasn't expecting much from it at all. Gets funnier as it goes on, right up to and through the credits! :faf:

GREAT WHITE BUFFALO!

greenlex
02-11-2010, 02:21 AM
No wonder the country is on it's knees. Get to work FFS.

Steve-O
02-11-2010, 03:51 AM

Alright Adolf, calm doon eh :greengrin

Marabou Stork
03-11-2010, 11:10 AM
The answer has to be 'Clerks'. The only film near it in the skiving stakes is 'Cheech and chong: up in smoke'.

easty
03-11-2010, 11:29 AM
The answer has to be 'Clerks'. The only film near it in the skiving stakes is 'Cheech and chong: up in smoke'.

Nah. Two terrible films.

Peevemor
03-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Bigfoot and the Hendersons. :agree::thumbsup:

Barman Stanton
03-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Nah. Two terrible films.

Have to disagree with that, I think Clerks is a great movie. I pretty much like all Kevin Smith movies though.

In answer to the OP, get one of the Indiana Jones movies on. Great for a lazy day on the couch!

deeks01
06-11-2010, 12:14 AM

bit late in replying here but anyway i feel the need now I've noticed this even though I can't work out wether your being sarcy or not. If not then I think its pretty stupid to comment like that when you don't know the seriousness of said sickness, i don't particularly like discussing my health but i don't take days off lightly. If you were being sarcy... well I've been sacked now anyway so thats as far as that goes! :faf: