PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen fans

Diclonius
26-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Are they always that quiet at home?

They were literally silent throughout the entire game aside from a few minutes after they scored each goal.

Truly baffing when you consider that their away support at ER is usually the noisiest outside Hearts and the Old Firm.

bigstu
26-10-2010, 06:37 AM
i've been saying this too, something is seriously wrong! they were 4-0 up & not a sound! Only 7500 turned up for the game! i've been in aberdeen 6 years now & over that time the life & sole of the club has been sucked out of them & the club no longer connects with the aberdeen public. most people from aberdeen basically say ''i'm no gonna watch that *****'' & they end up going shopping or spending the afternoon in the pub! it's sad to see & the guys running the club need to get things sorted out.

RIP
26-10-2010, 08:16 AM
At a home game the would-be singers tend to be spread out all over the stand. Most arrive sober and don't have their mates aaround them

At an away game the Dons travel together, drink together and sit in their groups at the match. This behaviour is MUCH more condusive to singing

I think this explains the creation of our singing section. It's no an elitist thing - just an awareness that if you want to be in a part of the ground where folk like to sing, chant, have a good laugh with each other and support the team in a very positive way then move your seat to Section 43 or nearby

easty
26-10-2010, 08:17 AM
i've been saying this too, something is seriously wrong! they were 4-0 up & not a sound! Only 7500 turned up for the game! i've been in aberdeen 6 years now & over that time the life & sole of the club has been sucked out of them & the club no longer connects with the aberdeen public. most people from aberdeen basically say ''i'm no gonna watch that *****'' & they end up going shopping or spending the afternoon in the pub! it's sad to see & the guys running the club need to get things sorted out.

Something fishy about this post...

Antifa Hibs
26-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Is there any home fans that have good atmospheres these days?

Aberdeen's Red Ultras folded, partly due to the way they were treated. They then formed the Red Army 12, which was essentially a supporters club/union/singing section for everyone to join, the club have banned them, think most of them have chucked it now.

Only in this country can fans get banned for grouping together to try and actively support their team, embarrassing. Even more so when there is 14500 empty seats for them to do what ever they want!

Keith_M
26-10-2010, 08:33 AM

Aberdeen's Red Ultras folded, partly due to the way they were treated. They then formed the Red Army 12, which was essentially a supporters club/union/singing section for everyone to join, the club have banned them, think most of them have chucked it now.

Only in this country can fans get banned for grouping together to try and actively support their team, embarrassing. Even more so when there is 14500 empty seats for them to do what ever they want!

Didn't realise that. What was the reason given for the ban?

marinello59
26-10-2010, 08:36 AM

They weren't banned were they? They voluntarily disbanded after a couple of unsavoury incidents by their own members didn't they?

.Sean.
26-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Compared to other European leagues, the matchday experience we 'enjoy' in this country is awful. It's always overpriced. It's over-stewarded. It's even often over-policed. You can't stand, you get lambasted for singing. At some places you're herded like cattle and treated like a second class citizen. Can't get a drink in the concourse either, unlike our neighbours down south. It's laughable, and often nowhere near as enjoyable as it could and should be.

Football in this country is ****ed. We need a radical overhaul, starting at the very top.

Antifa Hibs
26-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Didn't realise that. What was the reason given for the ban?

They weren't banned were they? They voluntarily disbanded after a couple of unsavoury incidents by their own members didn't they?

Not entirely sure.

The RU were getting treated like mugs from the club (head of security) and the police. Getting flags and materials banned, not being allowed access to the stadium to set up displays all of a sudden despite having done these card displays for about 10 years before. Think they thought '**** it' went out on a high at Dundee Utd and smoked the place out. Disbanded that night.

Red Army 12 were formed, similar to the RU but without 'militant/boisterousness'. Sole objective to them was to increase the atmosphere. They were banned after one game.

Edit: Quote I found on a sheep forum

RA12 banner is banned from pittodrie. The reason they got for the huns game was 'stadium rules have changed'.

Although i saw UB and TBO banners in the away end.

Im not involved with RA12 so not fully clued up on whats happening but my understanding is that the club are proactively doing all they can to make Pittodrie ****.

marinello59
26-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Not entirely sure.

The RU were getting treated like mugs from the club (head of security) and the police. Getting flags and materials banned, not being allowed access to the stadium to set up displays all of a sudden despite having done these card displays for about 10 years before. Think they thought '**** it' went out on a high at Dundee Utd and smoked the place out. Disbanded that night.

Red Army 12 were formed, similar to the RU but without 'militant/boisterousness'. Sole objective to them was to increase the atmosphere. They were banned after one game.

Edit: Quote I found on a sheep forum

RA12 banner is banned from pittodrie. The reason they got for the huns game was 'stadium rules have changed'.

Although i saw UB and TBO banners in the away end.

Im not involved with RA12 so not fully clued up on whats happening but my understanding is that the club are proactively doing all they can to make Pittodrie ****.

I know they shifted them from the Dick Donald to a wee corner of the South where they couldn't be seen or heard. That did smack of quietly trying to kill them off.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Given what has been on offer recently up there, I would applaud every single one of them for turning out on a freezing cold day, for a game that kicked off far too early. The thing about Aberdeen is that the black stuff keeps that city almost cushioned from the squeeze so it is not lack of beans that stops the turnstyles ticking.

Craig_in_Prague
26-10-2010, 09:29 AM
a friend of mine here that supports the sheep, when I asked last week if he was going to watch the Hibs game on TV (was on both ESPN and Czech tv), in which he responded "doubt it; I've written this season off"
......Pretty much how I feel about Hibs.

The apathy perhaps to SPL is growing.
The league is dire, boring & predictable. Everything is done against the fans as well.

allmodcons
26-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Totally agree Aberdeen crowd was terrible on Saturday but, to be brutally honest, we were just as bad.

I appreciate Hibs were sh**e on the day, but even before we went a goal down my 11 year old daughter was asking why nodody was chanting in support of their team.

Totally agree with comments by .sean. Absolute sh**e experience for my 2 girls. No atmosphere (something that can make a poor game a decent experience) and a piss poor product on the park.

Total waste of £54. (£22 for me plus 2 kids aged 11 and 8 at £16 each).

Should have taken them to Codonas. Only £10 for a day wrist band.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-10-2010, 12:54 PM
The apathy perhaps to SPL is growing.
The league is dire, boring & predictable. Everything is done against the fans as well.All too true, particularly the first point. Scottish football as far as I can see is suffering a slow, painful death.

Antifa Hibs
26-10-2010, 01:17 PM
All too true, particularly the first point. Scottish football as far as I can see is suffering a slow, painful death.

It's a shame we are the only ones that can see it. Those that run the game either to thick to realise it or are in complete denial.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-10-2010, 02:13 PM
As long as the OF are winning everything their mission has been accomplished. Nowt will change until the duopoly is shattered.

superfurryhibby
26-10-2010, 02:32 PM
As long as the OF are winning everything their mission has been accomplished. Nowt will change until the duopoly is shattered.

The the last twenty years have brought changes to the modern game that practically ensure that this will be the case, perpetually. Bosman ruling, sharing gate money for SPL games, tv money ................

I have always loved football. Sadly, now I also hate it.

Money has helped destroy the game as I knew it growing up. Players will always be moving on,there are ridiculous number of journeymen foriegners at SPL level, a champions league which is full of teams who are not champions, the level of cheating and gamesmanship at every game, it all makes me sick.

The sheep were always a well supported team, home and away. Shows how bad things are up there when they can only draw under 8,000 for a game with Hibs. The future of the Scottish Leagues does not look promising.

RIP
26-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Think it's different here. The club directors and management are supportive of our Singing Section / Hibs12thMan endeavours. It's early days here though

In the Singing Section we have noticed that the stewards give us no hassle when we are standing and singing

However when we are standing and silent for any time they ask us to sit down.

Given that they get their instructions from Hibs management we need to acknowledge that the approach currently being taken at Easter Road is not "You cannot stand"

It is "You cannot stand and not sing"

Hibernia Na Eir
26-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Are they always that quiet at home?

They were literally silent throughout the entire game aside from a few minutes after they scored each goal.

can same not be said about us? ER is rotten these days.

hibeedonald
26-10-2010, 03:53 PM
can same not be said about us? ER is rotten these days.

if we were beating aberdeen 4-0 ER would be bouncing

mikethehibee69
26-10-2010, 04:26 PM
if we were beating aberdeen 4-0 ER would be bouncing

:thumbsup:Wow beating aberdeen 4 0 at ER those are mighty powerful drugs ur smoking:wink::hide::tin hat: