PDA

View Full Version : Scotland to Play Faroe Islands Next Month

SteveHFC
25-10-2010, 05:29 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=128&newsCategoryID=6&newsID=6687

lucky
25-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Pointless

Sir David Gray
25-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Should be a classic...:rolleyes:

I wonder if the 4-6-0 will getting another showing.

SteveHFC
25-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Waste of time if you ask me.

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Pointless

Dont worry, its only a friendly, no points are actually at stake.:wink:

ScottB
25-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Look forward to another display of abject negativity, no doubt a 4-5-1 until the 60th minute when he may or may not decide to 'push for the win.'

greenlex
25-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Dunno a group if players getting together to play a semi competative match to work on defensive frailties sounds just the job. if we had defended that corner better in Prague we would have been out if there with a point. If we had dealt with the ball better against Spain there's another point. Forwards can polish up their goalscoring too.

monktonharp
25-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Dunno a group if players getting together to play a semi competative match to work on defensive frailties sounds just the job. if we had defended that corner better in Prague we would have been out if there with a point. If we had dealt with the ball better against Spain there's another point. Forwards can polish up their goalscoring too. ho hum:yawn:

greenlex
25-10-2010, 05:56 PM
ho hum:yawn:

You won't be going then?

col02
25-10-2010, 05:58 PM
We are in a 5 team group and it is our turn to miss out a match so I assume this makes perfect sense given there will be international action that night anyway. We do not have to worry anyway as none of our current players are good enough to represent the full Scotland team!

monktonharp
25-10-2010, 06:04 PM
it also makes perfect sense tae try winning a game,which means a couple of forwards on the park,playing fitba' like it should be

greenlex
25-10-2010, 06:07 PM
it also makes perfect sense tae try winning a game,which means a couple of forwards on the park,playing fitba' like it should be

Like the Spain game.

matty_f
25-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Does the article say where the game will be played? If it's in scotland do you think we'll get it at easter road?

Black Kyle
25-10-2010, 06:10 PM
At last, a friendly match against a team at a similar level :wink:

BigKev
25-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Does the article say where the game will be played? If it's in scotland do you think we'll get it at easter road?

It's at Pittodrie - odd choice I'd agree.

Hopefully Levein uses it as a chance to use fringe players with a few of the 21's getting a run out.

matty_f
25-10-2010, 06:14 PM

Hopefully Levein uses it as a chance to use fringe players with a few of the 21's getting a run out.

Cheers, it's a bit of a shame because we'd get a far better crowd in edinburgh.

Dashing Bob S
25-10-2010, 06:22 PM
An exciting derby between two neighbouring countries at roughly the same level in international football. We should make it an annual fixture and play for some cup.

The manager of that frozen insignificant little pile of rocks in the north sea will do what he always does, and set out a side and formation to keep the score down and try to nullify the opposition's strengths.

I expect the Faroes will do something similar.

Sergey
25-10-2010, 06:44 PM
We should make it an annual fixture and play for some cup.

Given that both countries have such a proud fishing tradition, I'd suggest this being the ultimate "Battle of the Minnows"

.Sean.
25-10-2010, 06:44 PM

Dinnae be daft, Levein will persist with Huns, ex-Huns, English journeymen and huddies such as Steven McManus.

StarMan10
25-10-2010, 07:30 PM
my guess is he will give 4-4-2 another go and see if it works this time or if it doesnt just stick to 4-5-1 for the rest of the qualifiers

Greentinted
25-10-2010, 07:33 PM
No insidious sarcasm intended but have the Faroes managed to notch up a win yet?

James70
25-10-2010, 07:42 PM
An exciting derby between two neighbouring countries at roughly the same level in international football. We should make it an annual fixture and play for some cup.

The manager of that frozen insignificant little pile of rocks in the north sea will do what he always does, and set out a side and formation to keep the score down and try to nullify the opposition's strengths.

:faf:

CraigK
25-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Dinnae be daft, Levein will persist with Huns, ex-Huns, English journeymen and huddies such as Steven McManus.

But all the Huns will be "injured"?:wink:

Sir David Gray
25-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Cheers, it's a bit of a shame because we'd get a far better crowd in edinburgh.

It's apparently a reward for the large numbers of the Tartan Army who are based in the North-East and who have to travel long distances down to Glasgow for most other Scotland home games.

Hibs07p
25-10-2010, 08:43 PM
But all the Huns will be "injured"?:wink:

:thumbsup:

That's when Deek and the other " fringe" players will get their call ups. They should tell CL to GTF.

Sir David Gray
25-10-2010, 08:50 PM
:thumbsup:

That's when Deek and the other " fringe" players will get their call ups. They should tell CL to GTF.

In all seriousness, all the Scottish strikers in the SPL, first division, English Premiership, Championship and League One would need to be injured, as would all the strikers in those leagues who have Scottish parents and grandparents, even then Levein would probably try to look into the background of every single striker whose surname starts with "Mc" or "Mac" and see if they have Scottish grannies before he would even consider picking Derek Riordan.

Even then he might decide to go 4-6-0 just so Riordan doesn't get a game.

Derek Riordan will never play for Scotland whilst Craig Levein is the manager.

clerriehibs
25-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Dunno a group if players getting together to play a semi competative match to work on defensive frailties sounds just the job. if we had defended that corner better in Prague we would have been out if there with a point. If we had dealt with the ball better against Spain there's another point. Forwards can polish up their goalscoring too.

They probably will ... but do you really think the faroe islanders have the ability to force us to work on our defensive frailties?

But, it'll just be the measure of harry potter's aspirations for us.

monktonharp
25-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Like the Spain game.well,the islanders may nab the first 2,to waken us up,or it may be billed as a cup game,the fish finger sheild or something along those tight lines:wink:

Hainan Hibs
26-10-2010, 08:15 AM
I may be talking barry white here (as per:greengrin) but after reading about the subject of rankings for the World Cup qualifying draw could it be that this game has been organised for an easy win to try and boost our rankings? Currently we'd be in pot 4 I think! But then again that could be tom kite as a win against the mighty Faroes wouldn't push us very far up the rankings, and after getting pumped in the Celtic cup we'd be right back down anyway.

Hibs07p
26-10-2010, 08:54 AM
In all seriousness, all the Scottish strikers in the SPL, first division, English Premiership, Championship and League One would need to be injured, as would all the strikers in those leagues who have Scottish parents and grandparents, even then Levein would probably try to look into the background of every single striker whose surname starts with "Mc" or "Mac" and see if they have Scottish grannies before he would even consider picking Derek Riordan.

Even then he might decide to go 4-6-0 just so Riordan doesn't get a game.

Derek Riordan will never play for Scotland whilst Craig Levein is the manager.

I don't really disagree, but wait until you see the amount of call offs for a nothing international, in domestic mid season, it would not surprise me if Deek was also "injured" at that time, it will probably save him the embarasment of being overlooked once again.

SouthMoroccoStu
26-10-2010, 09:21 AM
It's apparently a reward for the large numbers of the Tartan Army who are based in the North-East and who have to travel long distances down to Glasgow for most other Scotland home games.

May be so but it was not exactly easy doing the edinburgh communte for the last crop of games. Those pea brains at Scot Rail only have their normal services running for transport to and from hampden on a football night! Took me two hours to get from Glasgow Central to Mount Florida on the night of the Spain game. It took two hours to get back from Glasgow to Edinburgh!

It's a Tuesday night!! Aye, thats really going to get the fans out in numbers.....:idiot:

Gregor
26-10-2010, 10:39 AM

Post of the Year.