PDA

View Full Version : Lennon

since90plustwo
25-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Can't Stand this guy! was so pleased to see rangers pump them yesterday, but instead of saying the better team won, he decides to have another go at the ref. Same as last week, the ref made a bit of a **** up but his team still won and has forced the linesman now to quit his job. has to be the most unprofessional old firm manager in years.

_hucks_
25-10-2010, 10:52 AM
The ref could have sent stokes off very early on, could have sent samaras off later on and booked mculloch for a challenge where he made clear contact with the ball. The ref made mistakes, but going in both directions, Lennon needs to stop his whinging.

Barney McGrew
25-10-2010, 11:00 AM
The ref could have sent stokes off very early on, could have sent samaras off later on and booked mculloch for a challenge where he made clear contact with the ball. The ref made mistakes, but going in both directions, Lennon needs to stop his whinging.

:agree:

More of the questionable decisions went in Celtc's favour than against them.

Sir David Gray
25-10-2010, 11:06 AM
It's part of the Celtic psyche though and Lennon is just playing up to it. Any time things go against them, their players, managers, fans and directors complain that it's a stitch up and that the establishment is against them.

They can never take responsibility for anything that happens at their club and admit that, maybe just maybe, they might actually have lost to the better side.

I personally thought Rangers were on top for most of the game and were unlucky to be losing at half time. Yes the penalty was harsh and Broadfoot did take a dive but as someone has already said, Stokes could very easily have been sent off after 60 seconds for his tackle on Papac. I don't hear Lennon going on about that.

Poor old Celtic, always the victim and forever being persecuted by the big, bad referees. :yawn:

They ought to support/manage/play for one of the smaller clubs for a couple of weeks. :bitchy:

johnrebus
25-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Don't worry.

I'm sure Jack Regan will be along in a minute to explain everything.

:rolleyes:

Hibs Class
25-10-2010, 11:41 AM

:agree: I don't recall Lennon being as critical of the many soft decisions Celtic got when he was a player, for example at the ease with which Petrov used to go down in just about every match. The main pleasure I get from OF matches is seeing one or other side feeling especially aggrieved about how the game turned out, and in that context yesterday's game has to go down as a good result.

3pm
25-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Did he mention Samaras kneeing McGregor in the head? Had the roles been reversed, there would have been plenty said!

PISTOL1875
25-10-2010, 04:41 PM
In Lennon's defence , Celtic were shafted yesteday by the ref.. Why McCulloch wasn't sent off is beyond me and the award of the penalty was a joke. The ref didn't even see it properly.

He is a moaning wee ***** at times but after yesterday and last week he does have a point...

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 04:44 PM
In Lennon's defence , Celtic were shafted yesteday by the ref.. Why McCulloch wasn't sent off is beyond me and the award of the penalty was a joke. The ref didn't even see it properly.

He is a moaning wee ***** at times but after yesterday and last week he does have a point...

Shafted???????????? What about Stokes challenge, or Samaras. I hate huns as much as the next guy, but Celtic were not shafted in the slightest.

Barney McGrew
25-10-2010, 04:48 PM
In Lennon's defence , Celtic were shafted yesteday by the ref.. Why McCulloch wasn't sent off is beyond me and the award of the penalty was a joke. The ref didn't even see it properly

Looks like the ref had a better view than some would have you believe (http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7088/screenshot20101025at122.jpg)

McCulloch's first yellow wasn't merited either, and Stokes/Samaras/Ki were all lucky to stay on the park. Both teams got decisions in their favour.

I've heard a phrase from a few Huns now to describe Celtc's constant whining, and much though I hate to agree with them they're spot on : 'Always cheated, never defeated'

Sylar
25-10-2010, 04:52 PM

In which case, so were Rangers - McCulloch booked for a perfectly good tackle, Samaras getting away with a) kneeing McGregor in the head and b) a cowardly tackle on Naismith, which could (and should) have been a red card. Or the tackle by Stokes, he also could have been sent off.

It was never a penalty, I fully agree, but I don't think the outcome would have been any different, as Rangers were miles better than Celtic.

PISTOL1875
25-10-2010, 04:58 PM
In which case, so were Rangers - McCulloch booked for a perfectly good tackle, Samaras getting away with a) kneeing McGregor in the head and b) a cowardly tackle on Naismith, which could (and should) have been a red card. Or the tackle by Stokes, he also could have been sent off.

It was never a penalty, I fully agree, but I don't think the outcome would have been any different, as Rangers were miles better than Celtic.

McCulloch's first yellow was a good tackle I agree.. At the time I thought he was a tad unlucky to receive a card...

The tackle was blatant obstruction and a 2nd yellow should've been handed out.. This would've changed the game in Celtic's favour with Rangers being down to 10 men for the majority of the game.. Nobody knows how the game would've panned out after that..

However , Rangers were miles ahead in the second half and for that performance deserved to win the game...

--------
25-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Looks like the ref had a better view than some would have you believe (http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7088/screenshot20101025at122.jpg)

McCulloch's first yellow wasn't merited either, and Stokes/Samaras/Ki were all lucky to stay on the park. Both teams got decisions in their favour.

I've heard a phrase from a few Huns now to describe Celtc's constant whining, and much though I hate to agree with them they're spot on : 'Always cheated, never defeated'

Am I seeing things, or is that a Celtic hand placed firmly into the middle of Broadfoot's chest and a Celtic knee across his right leg, bringing him down?

Shock, horror! 'Scottish referee gets penalty decision dead right' sensation?

.Sean.
25-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Shafted???????????? What about Stokes challenge, or Samaras. I hate huns as much as the next guy, but Celtic were not shafted in the slightest.
:agree:

Couldnae care less though. The Old Firm are quite simply two cheeks of the same *****-stained erse.