PDA

View Full Version : Media Lowlights are up

Winston Ingram
24-10-2010, 06:08 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9122587.stm

Reaper
24-10-2010, 06:25 PM

Brutal, watched the whole game, but these really do show how bad the defence is. If Bamba showed the same desire to defend that he did with the last goal we'd be better but in fairness it's more than him that needs fixed. I've noticed in the last two or three games as well that Bamba has started to drift like Rob Jones used to do, chasing the ball about. This is possibly to compensate from lack of support from the full backs and midfield but the big man was no where near it at any of their goals.

down the slope
24-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Check out Miller for the first and Stevenson for the second, both shoved aside by their Aberdeen counterparts. If you watch Bamba he is trying to cover the right back position , now who do you think plays there ?, nuff said.

Winston Ingram
24-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Check out Miller for the first and Stevenson for the second, both shoved aside by their Aberdeen counterparts. If you watch Bamba he is trying to cover the right back position , now who do you think plays there ?, nuff said.

What was Hogg up to for the pen?

How he has the audacity to claim he got the ball I have no idea. I was closer to it than he was:confused:

brydekirk
24-10-2010, 07:28 PM
what was hogg all about, shaking the refs head. lucky not to be sent off

cabbageandribs1875
24-10-2010, 07:49 PM
I've noticed in the last two or three games as well that Bamba has started to drift like Rob Jones used to do, chasing the ball about. This is possibly to compensate from lack of support from the full backs and midfield but the big man was no where near it at any of their goals.

interesting you mentioning this, one of the summarisers on the radio mentioned dickoh(sp) getting pulled out of position a few times because bamba was chasing elsewhere, it could be possible that he(bamba) just likes to be involved all the time or, he doesn't trust whoever is around him to do the job

BEEJ
24-10-2010, 07:52 PM
interesting you mentioning this, one of the summarisers on the radio mentioned dickoh(sp) getting pulled out of position a few times because bamba was chasing elsewhere, it could be possible that he(bamba) just likes to be involved all the time or, he doesn't trust whoever is around him to do the job
Unfair to judge Dickoh until he has a had a few games alongside the same reliable CB partner.

Nightmare yesterday by all accounts. But what was going on around him would have contributed significantly.

hibbytam
24-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Well. Atleast it was warm this time around.

givescotlandfreedom
24-10-2010, 09:01 PM
As guff as we were those highlights didn't do us any justice. Aberdeen's first came after waves of Hibs attacks, no Nish 1 on 1, Riordan having some decent efforts, footage of Hartley taunting us (just a mention of him going to the Aberdeen fans) etc. It was Paul Mitchell though...

_hucks_
25-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Maybe I've just got the green tinted specks on, but from the angle they show it in these highlights, Hogg does seem to get a wee snick on the ball. It certainly changes direction when he puts a foot it, and I though Hogg may just have got the touch?

greenlex
25-10-2010, 10:35 AM
As guff as we were those highlights didn't do us any justice. Aberdeen's first came after waves of Hibs attacks, no Nish 1 on 1, Riordan having some decent efforts, footage of Hartley taunting us (just a mention of him going to the Aberdeen fans) etc. It was Paul Mitchell though...

I actually though we were the better team up until their second. They had two long balls that caught us out but other than that nothing.
Even the stats show 5 attempts at goal from them. 4 go in and the other was the young lad who came on and put it in row Z.
We were poor at the back but their keeper had a good few saves to make granted a long range effort ir two but believe it ir not I have seen a lot worse performances fron Hibs.

ShanksSaidNo
25-10-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm surprised after watching the highlights that no-one has been on here talking about the poor goalkeeping on Saturday? The first and the 2nd goals especially. for MaGuires goal he was beaten far too easily and Fair doo's the 2nd has taken a big deflection but it just trickles past him. For the 4th - they win the penalty after Brown shanks a kick and they put us right back under pressure!

Calvin
25-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I had forgotten that it was Hanlon who sent the ball in for Nish, that's two weeks in a row he's had a cross converted, pretty good for a centre back!

On that tone, our last four goals have been headers :bitchy:

hibbytam
25-10-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm surprised after watching the highlights that no-one has been on here talking about the poor goalkeeping on Saturday? The first and the 2nd goals especially. for MaGuires goal he was beaten far too easily and Fair doo's the 2nd has taken a big deflection but it just trickles past him. For the 4th - they win the penalty after Brown shanks a kick and they put us right back under pressure!

But he shanks the kick after a piss poor back pass, that put him under pressure. Happened a couple of times during the game.