PDA

View Full Version : Nish's injury?

snooky
24-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Anybody know how he is? Looked like he went over on his ankle as he landed.
Hopefully he's fit for next week.
Love him or loath him, we need every fit striker we can get at the moment.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:00 PM

Hopefully its the end of his pathetic career and we can just release this muppet along with about half the rest of the team.

snooky
24-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Hopefully its the end of his pathetic career and we can just release this muppet along with about half the rest of the team.

Loves 0 Loaths 1

Wilson
24-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Hopefully it is not too bad and he is back quickly adding to his goals tally.

matty_f
24-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Without a better option we need him fit as quickly as possible.

Taz_hibee
24-10-2010, 02:07 PM

You mean goal tally, misses 10 times more than he scores :grr:, will be surprised if he gets a new deal :bitchy:

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:07 PM

He may return quickly, but I seriously doubt hel be adding many goals to his already feeble hibs scoring tally. He really should never have been signed for us. Complete waste of space and cash.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:08 PM

Stack upfront would be a better option. A midget with no arms or legs would be a better option.

Taz_hibee
24-10-2010, 02:09 PM

For what? so he can miss more chances and spend half the time on his arse, surely the big Lithuanian has to get a run to see what he can do :agree:

essexhibee
24-10-2010, 02:10 PM

Edwin you utter legend.. LOVE that comment. :greengrin:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nish is utter *****. PISH. CRAP. USELESS. HUDDY etc :wink:

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Edwin you utter legend.. LOVE that comment. :greengrin:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nish is utter *****. PISH. CRAP. USELESS. HUDDY etc :wink:

Colin Pish. Need I say anymore?

matty_f
24-10-2010, 02:12 PM
From what I've hard, Trakys (or the big lithuanian) is as bad, if not worse than nish.
Both are better than a midget with no arms or legs, however.

Wilson
24-10-2010, 02:12 PM
He may return quickly, but I seriously doubt hel be adding many goals to his already feeble hibs scoring tally. He really should never have been signed for us. Complete waste of space and cash.

I never wanted him at the time and couldn't really understand the demand for him on here....

He IS a hibs player currently though so a little bit of encouragement might not go amiss.

Wilson
24-10-2010, 02:13 PM
From what I've hard, Trakys (or the big lithuanian) is as bad, if not worse than nish.

Lets give the midget a go and then decide :wink:

matty_f
24-10-2010, 02:14 PM
I think it's fair enough passing comment on your opinion of nish's ability, but some comments on here are taking things too far. He doesn't deserve the abuse.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:14 PM

I wouldnt be so sure about that.

matty_f
24-10-2010, 02:15 PM
I would.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:16 PM
I never wanted him at the time and couldn't really understand the demand for him on here....

He IS a hibs player currently though so a little bit of encouragement might not go amiss.

Ive given him 2 years and loads of my wages encouragement and hes done nothing so he should just leave as far as I am concerned.

Wilson
24-10-2010, 02:16 PM
I think it's fair enough passing comment on your opinion of nish's ability, but some comments on here are taking things too far. He doesn't deserve the abuse.

You are correct. Hoping for the end of a hibs player's career is a new low for hibs net.

Hibs Class
24-10-2010, 02:18 PM
E
Colin Pish. Need I say anymore?

Would probably be better if you didn't.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:19 PM

I dont give him abuse. Why would I want to make him any worse than he already is if thats even possible? I abuse him on here because he deserves it. And yes, a midget with no arms or legs, a headless chicken or even me would be a better option upfront. Maybe Leveins tactics arent so bad. Wed be as well playing 4 5 0 and actually playing with 10 men. Less chances for him to miss.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:20 PM
You are correct. Hoping for the end of a hibs player's career is a new low for hibs net.

Well think of it this way, how much does he earn? What does he do to deserve that? Could we use his wages to pay for someone else? Why cant we bring back Byrne and give him a shot?

Wilson
24-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Well think of it this way, how much does he earn? What does he do to deserve that? Could we use his wages to pay for someone else? Why cant we bring back Byrne and give him a shot?

Who at the club is justifying their wage at the moment? If you provide an answer that needs to be counted on more than one finger you are mistaken. Why single out Nish?

I'd very much like to see Byrne brought back and blooded into a decent side. Throw him in to this train wreck of a side and you'll probably find that he wont quite be the answer to our problems.

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2010, 02:34 PM

No matter how bad Nish is he is ten times better than your namesake who must be the biggest waste of wages.

James70
24-10-2010, 02:35 PM
I think it's just altitude sickness he's suffering from, never seen him get so far off the ground before! :greengrin

Decent goal all the same although he could and should have had a hat trick the number of chances he was given.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Who at the club is justifying their wage at the moment? If you provide an answer that needs to be counted on more than one finger you are mistaken. Why single out Nish?

I'd very much like to see Byrne brought back and blooded into a decent side. Throw him in to this train wreck of a side and you'll probably find that he wont quite be the answer to our problems.

True about Byrne. In answer to your first question, none. But bare in mind that he was pish before he came to Hibs, so I think im justified in saying hes crap. Didnt rate him before he came and now ive seen him on a regular basis still dont rate him now.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:43 PM
No matter how bad Nish is he is ten times better than your namesake who must be the biggest waste of wages.

Sorry for joining up the .net just after he signed. Never mind the muppet that signed him, just blame me for him being Colin Pish!

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:45 PM

Actually wait the now, 10 times better??? You honestly think Nish is 10 times better? Just have a look at DeGraafs playing record and look at his. I think DeGraaf clearly (a bit like Darren Fletcher) needs good players around him to play good, whereas Colin Pish is one of those players that makes other players play crap as hes so crap! You get me?

matty_f
24-10-2010, 02:46 PM
A chicken with no head and a typewriter could produce better posts than some on this thread.
I wouldn't say any player deserves abuse on here. Criticism, yes, but abuse is totally unnecessary.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:50 PM
A chicken with no head and a typewriter could produce better posts than some on this thread.
I wouldn't say any player deserves abuse on here. Criticism, yes, but abuse is totally unnecessary.

Wheres the abuse? Its all crticism. Im not saying the guy is a tosser cos he might be the nicest guy ever for all I know. Im slating his football skills because everyone in Scotland knows he doesnt have any.

Wilson
24-10-2010, 02:51 PM

Say what you like about Nish but he is doing a lot for the standing of headless chicken typists and limbless midget footballers. You have to respect that.

Well you don't but I choose to.

matty_f
24-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Calling him colin pish is abuse, that's not criticism.

Sergey
24-10-2010, 02:57 PM
I thought Nish was our best player yesterday.

CropleyWasGod
24-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Wheres the abuse? Its all crticism. Im not saying the guy is a tosser cos he might be the nicest guy ever for all I know. Im slating his football skills because everyone in Scotland knows he doesnt have any.

Do they?

Apart from the fact that only 9 players (of whom only 3 are Scots) have scored more than him in the SPL, you mean?

RCNG
24-10-2010, 03:14 PM

This is not a criticism.

skipster7
24-10-2010, 03:26 PM
you are obviously a :trumpet:.tried not to respond to your drivel but have taken the bait.Colin Nish (yes thats his name) may not be the most stylish of players and indeed can be infurating at times but he is in the top 6/7 SPL goalscorers since reconstruction despite playing for at best average sides.surely he couldn't score that amount of goals in bad sides ?how many would he have got if he even played for half decent sides ?
when you consider only guys like Larsson,Sutton,Hartson,Boyd etc are above him
in that list it makes your comments and others laughable.as for wishing injury:bitchy:

RCNG
24-10-2010, 03:29 PM
you are obviously a :trumpet:.tried not to respond to your drivel but have taken the bait.Colin Nish (yes thats his name) may not be the most stylish of players and indeed can be infurating at times but he is in the top 6/7 SPL goalscorers since reconstruction despite playing for at best average sides.surely he couldn't score that amount of goals in bad sides ?how many would he have got if he even played for half decent sides ?
in that list it makes your comments and others laughable.as for wishing injury:bitchy:

Gd post.

skipster7
24-10-2010, 03:40 PM
hope hes back cause he's scored a few for us at tannadice including a 25/30 yarder IIRC:agree:

RCNG
24-10-2010, 03:44 PM
hope hes back cause he's scored a few for us at tannadice including a 25/30 yarder IIRC:agree:

yeah he did, was a total beast like. i think we drew that game with fletch missing an amazing chance near the end to win it.

HFC 0-7
24-10-2010, 03:48 PM

He is only up there because he has been in the SPL for so long. All the other people around him on that list moved on to to other leagues. If you want to compare him against other strikers you need to compare his goals to game ratio. He may be 6th or 7th in the all time goalscoring league but whoever is in 8th or 5th may have played about 100 games less.

I agree that the abuse is over the top at times but I cant see why people defend his performances. For every one good thing he does on a pitch he does 2 or 3 bad things. The reason he annoys so many fans is because he continually fails to do the bread and butter aspects of footballer. IMO, if he wasnt a hibby there would be a lot less people backing him.

AK86
24-10-2010, 04:04 PM
there really isnt any need for that. Bang out of order

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 04:07 PM

He is injured though.

Kojock
24-10-2010, 04:07 PM

WTF are you on,:clown: am I reading this right, you hope his injury is career threatening. There is only one muppet around here and it aint Colin Nish. :asshole:

KeithTheHibby
24-10-2010, 04:09 PM

Hmmm, you will need to explain to me what part of the above is criticism and not abuse.

I am glad I don't sit next to you at Easter Road...

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Calling him colin pish is abuse, that's not criticism.

Steady its hardly abuse though.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 04:14 PM
WTF are you on,:clown: am I reading this right, you hope his injury is career threatening. There is only one muppet around here and it aint Colin Nish. :asshole:

I dont care what happens to him as long as its not with us

snooky
24-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Not quite the reaction I expected (or wanted) to my orginal question.
He deserves a bit more respect IMO.
Nevertheless, does anyone know how bad his injury is?

RCNG
24-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Not quite the reaction I expected (or wanted) to my orginal question.
He deserves a bit more respect IMO.
Nevertheless, does anyone know how bad his injury is?

Haven't heard but it looked like just a sprained ankle. should just take a couple of days to shake off.

AK86
24-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Steady its hardly abuse though.
are you for real:bitchy:
calling him pathetic, a muppet and wishing a career ending injury is abuse And yam talk

stokesmessiah
24-10-2010, 04:18 PM

You really are the **** of the earth!

If your not already a Jambo you should toddle off to the PBS, support and wish harm on their players.

Dearie me Hibs fans hoping Hibs players have career threatning injuries....my god i have heard it all. :bitchy:

You are a complete and under idiot. :wtf:

Kojock
24-10-2010, 04:23 PM
I dont care what happens to him as long as its not with us

Can I offer you some advice, the next time you are using strong glue make sure the room is well ventilated.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 04:30 PM
You really are the **** of the earth!

If your not already a Jambo you should toddle off to the PBS, support and wish harm on their players.

Dearie me Hibs fans hoping Hibs players have career threatning injuries....my god i have heard it all. :bitchy:

You are a complete and under idiot. :wtf:

Get a grip, you know and I know like everybody knows, we would be better off without him and a number of other players. What happens to him once he finally leaves Hibs aint of any interest to me. Its like saying I cared about what happened to Stevie Crawford after he left or the tank or someone like that. I wish the guy would come back from his injury and play out his skin and score 50 goals for us and get picked for Scotland but its not going to happen. God man hes dreadful and not getting any better so why would I honestley care if hes out the team for a bit?

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Can I offer you some advice, the next time you are using strong glue make sure the room is well ventilated.

Im not a jambo

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Im not a jambo

Well stop acting like one.

flash
24-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Im not a jambo

No but you are an erse.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Well stop acting like one.

True, the jambos do get on there own players backs alot, but tbh im so p off just now. I just cant see how we will get out of this season. I just hope Calderwood can. I just dont think having players like Nish about help the situation.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 04:40 PM
No but you are an erse.

Are you Colin Nishs' bird or mum or somethin?

Kojock
24-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Are you Colin Nishs' bird or mum or somethin?

Are you a 14 year old with a severe acne problem who has just discovered that the woman you have been calling your mum is really your gran, and the woman you have been calling your aunt is your real mum.:confused:

You certainly sound like an angry mixed up little boy.

Golden Bear
24-10-2010, 04:57 PM

That's a shocking remark to make and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 05:04 PM
That's a shocking remark to make and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

Why would I be ashamed? I couldnt care less, the guy is overpaid and a total joke of a player for our team who if he left tomorrow I dount anyone would really even notice.

Barney McGrew
24-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Let's get this thread back on track folks. Debate without the insults please.

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2010, 05:07 PM
The man's a genius and hopefully under Calderwood he'll show the skeptics hat he's made off. All the great artist, scientists and philosophers have tended to be misunderstood and CN is no exception. Too many people on here just don't 'get'
the man.

Bob1875
24-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Nish actually won a lot in the air on Saturday and got in great scoring positions, then obviously scored a goal. Or did I just dream that? Yet the guy still gets it tight.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Nish actually won a lot in the air on Saturday and got in great scoring positions, then obviously scored a goal. Or did I just dream that? Yet the guy still gets it tight.

Wow 1 good game

AK86
24-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Wow 1 good game

you really are a boring wee bawbag

Bob1875
24-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Wow 1 good game

That the only decent games hes ever had?

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 05:14 PM

The above comment is nothing short of bang out of order.

I have not been a member of this forum for that long, and some of the stuff that is written on here about or players and managers has shocked me - but that takes the biscuit.

Nishy is a good goal scorer in this league, fact of the matter is he does not get the service here, a lot of the time I think he takes abuse for chasing down lost causes which or other strikers just would not even bother with i.e. Riordan, Stokes when he was there.

As for some of the comments on here about playing Byrne instead of him, I think we need to get real, if he was good enough he would not have been loaned out. He will be heading for 21 or so by the time he comes back from loan he should be a first team player somewhere.

marinello59
24-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Wow 1 good game

And if you keep going you might find yourself capable of making one good post. :agree:

Kojock
24-10-2010, 05:15 PM
The man's a genius and hopefully under Calderwood he'll show the skeptics hat he's made off. All the great artist, scientists and philosophers have tended to be misunderstood and CN is no exception. Too many people on here just don't 'get'
the man.

Too true DBS its like the Emperors New Clothes. The stupid lower classes cant see the mans ability. :wink:

500miles
24-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Rank Player Club(s)[note 6] Goals
1 Kris Boyd Kilmarnock (2001–2006)
Rangers (2006–2010) 164
2 Henrik Larsson Celtic (1998–2004) 158
3 Scott McDonald Motherwell (2004–2007)
Celtic (2007–2010) 93
4 John Hartson Celtic (2001–2006) 88
5 Derek Riordan[note 7] Hibernian (2001–2006)
Celtic (2006–2008)
Hibernian (2008–present) 87
6 Nacho Novo Dundee (2002–2004)
Rangers (2004–2010) 73
7 Stevie Crawford Hibernian (1998–2000)
Dunfermline Athletic (1999–2004)
Dundee United (2005)
Aberdeen (2005–2006)
Dunfermline Athletic (2006–2008) 65
Kenny Miller[note 7] Hibernian (1999–2000)
Rangers (2000–2001)
Celtic (2006–2007)
Rangers (2008–present)
Chris Sutton Celtic (2000–2006)
10 Colin Nish[note 7] Kilmarnock (2003–2008)
Hibernian (2008–present) 61

Not a bad place to be when you consider that he's competed for a place with, or played a less glamerous supporting role to, the likes of Boyd, Naismith, Steven Fletcher and Derek Riordan throughout his career.

Let's just end this thread here, because the above is just beyond arguement.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Rank Player Club(s)[note 6] Goals
1 Kris Boyd Kilmarnock (2001–2006)
Rangers (2006–2010) 164
2 Henrik Larsson Celtic (1998–2004) 158
3 Scott McDonald Motherwell (2004–2007)
Celtic (2007–2010) 93
4 John Hartson Celtic (2001–2006) 88
5 Derek Riordan[note 7] Hibernian (2001–2006)
Celtic (2006–2008)
Hibernian (2008–present) 87
6 Nacho Novo Dundee (2002–2004)
Rangers (2004–2010) 73
7 Stevie Crawford Hibernian (1998–2000)
Dunfermline Athletic (1999–2004)
Dundee United (2005)
Aberdeen (2005–2006)
Dunfermline Athletic (2006–2008) 65
Kenny Miller[note 7] Hibernian (1999–2000)
Rangers (2000–2001)
Celtic (2006–2007)
Rangers (2008–present)
Chris Sutton Celtic (2000–2006)
10 Colin Nish[note 7] Kilmarnock (2003–2008)
Hibernian (2008–present) 61

Not a bad place to be when you consider that he's competed for a place with, or played a less glamerous supporting role to, the likes of Boyd, Naismith, Steven Fletcher and Derek Riordan throughout his career.

Let's just end this thread here, because the above is just beyond arguement.

61 goals in what, 7-8 seasons? Poor to average at best.

Barney McGrew
24-10-2010, 05:41 PM

He's scored 62 SPL goals in 170 starts for Killie and Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 05:44 PM

Great news, he's due a few soon then.

Barney McGrew
24-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Great news, he's due a few soon then.

Fingers crossed :cool2:

Dirkster23
24-10-2010, 05:50 PM

Is it though? Outwith the OF, how many players have regularly scored more than 10 goals a season recently in the SPL?

Dirkster23
24-10-2010, 05:52 PM

So that works out roughly at a goal every 3 games in the SPL. What's considered a decent goal to game ratio for a striker?

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Fingers crossed :cool2:

Fingers/legs it makes no difference imho, he's slower than a week in saughton, falls over in a slight wind and he's not getting any better as the years and the fags take their toll. We are stuck with him and other for now. The summer cant come quick enough for me.

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 06:00 PM
I havent read this thread and i have no intention of doing so, I watched the Aberdeen game on ESPN on Saturday, And it confirmed what ive always said about Nish, He simply isnt good enough, I wont resort to the personal insults and the name calling by some, But lets be honest, He cant control a ball. He cant kill a ball..CONSTANTLY falls on his erse moaning and looking for free kicks, Has zero first touch and in general is pish,, All IMO ofcourse.

I find it hard for anyone to pick the bones from that, CN every time i see the guy falls on his erse moaning and wanting extra protection, he was exactly the same at Killie, Ironically i never rated him their either .

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 06:06 PM
I havent read this thread and i have no intention of doing so, I watched the Aberdeen game on ESPN on Saturday, And it confirmed what ive always said about Nish, He simply isnt good enough, I wont resort to the personal insults and the name calling by some, But lets be honest, He cant control a ball. He cant kill a ball..CONSTANTLY falls on his erse moaning and looking for free kicks, Has zero first touch and in general is pish,, All IMO ofcourse.

I find it hard for anyone to pick the bones from that, CN every time i see the guy falls on his erse moaning and wanting extra protection, he was exactly the same at Killie, Ironically i never rated him their either .

This is a phrase with appears all the time on here, so apologies for picking on you, but what do you mean - good enough for who - Hibs?

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 06:10 PM
This is a phrase with appears all the time on here, so apologies for picking on you, but what do you mean - good enough for who - Hibs?

I'd say he's not good enough for any team who want to challenge every season for 3rd or 4th place.

matty_f
24-10-2010, 06:15 PM

I'd say he's not good enough for any team who want to challenge every season for 3rd or 4th place.

Spot on. Can you honestly say that he'd take the place of nearly any other SPL striker if he moved to their club?

Certainly isn't better than the first choice strikers of any of last season's top 6 sides.

And therein lies the problem, not just with Nish, but with too many of the squad.

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 06:16 PM

The man infuriates me at times, Like i say, He has the touch of an Elephant and constantly goes to ground when he is big and strong enough to be winning aerial battles himself.

Sorry but im just not in the Nish alltime goalscorers in the SPL category, Ive never seen a striker with a worse 1st touch.

Dont worry about 'picking' on me. Im mare than capable of fighting back:wink:

marinello59
24-10-2010, 06:20 PM
And therein lies the problem, not just with Nish, but with too many of the squad.
:agree:
However he was actually one of our better performers yesterday. Where's the threads singling out the rest of them?:confused:

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 06:21 PM

Think a reality check is required, as a club we pay no money, and simply put you get what you pay for. Unless we have good youngsters coming through / in the team, which at the moment we do, we are replying on finding a hidden gem, which is probably about as easy as it sounds.

Nish, whilst not everyones cup of tea is a decent footballer, to suggest he is not good enough for hibs requires a review. A six foot 3 striker, good in the air, holds up the ball, never falls over or loses possesion is likely to cost a quid or two, which we are not going to pay.

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 06:23 PM
However he was actually one of our better performers yesterday. Where's the threads singling out the rest of them?:confused:

Dont think they exist, have been waiting for the wotherspoon one for months!

Good performances get glossed over whilst waiting for a poor one - where is the fun in praising god forbid!

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Think a reality check is required, as a club we pay no money, and simply put you get what you pay for. Unless we have good youngsters coming through / in the team, which at the moment we do, we are replying on finding a hidden gem, which is probably about as easy as it sounds.

Nish, whilst not everyones cup of tea is a decent footballer, to suggest he is not good enough for hibs requires a review. A six foot 3 striker, good in the air, holds up the ball, never falls over or loses possesion is likely to cost a quid or two, which we are not going to pay.

How about the boy Blackstock at Motherwell? Trying to tell me he isnt better than nish and we couldnt pay better than Motherwell?

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Or the Motherwell player that got the goal in the 6-6 game? Both players better than Nish

matty_f
24-10-2010, 06:25 PM

Other top 6 clubs(and some bottom 6) have better strikers, are you saying we won't pay as much as them?

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 06:25 PM

Thats a silly thing to say. I'd have virtually every striker in the SPL before Nish, huns tic and yams apart do these clubs pay more than us?

matty_f
24-10-2010, 06:26 PM

There are threads and posts scattered about all over the place criticising pretty much everyone for yesterday:greengrin

This thread wasn't started to single out Nish for criticism, it was checking how serious his injury was.

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 06:29 PM
How about the boy Blackstock at Motherwell? Trying to tell me he isnt better than nish and we couldnt pay better than Motherwell?

Do you mean Blackman - loan boy from Blackburn? Has he even scored for them yet?

And yes I do think they pay more than Hibs in general.

Bishop Hibee
24-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Konte, Courier, Damon Gray, Dobbie, Irvine (the 2nd one), Caughey, Sowunmi, Fellinger, Trakys to name a few off the top of my head who were/are worse than Nish.

He's no David Villa but EVERY club in the SPL except the OF would have him in their squad.

The anti-Nish posts on here are just a joke. We all know his faults, he's the best we've got until at least the transfer window/Duffy gets fit and their is no guarantee we'll sign someone better or Duffy is better.

marinello59
24-10-2010, 06:30 PM
There are threads and posts scattered about all over the place criticising pretty much everyone for yesterday:greengrin

This thread wasn't started to single out Nish for criticism, it was checking how serious his injury was.

Not how it turned out though.:greengrin
Anyway the blame for the result yesterday lies with me for going along. I miss one home game last week and we win. I just am not Hibs class.

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Do you mean Blackman - loan boy from Blackburn? Has he even scored for them yet?

And yes I do think they pay more than Hibs in general.

Sorry thats the guy. Yeah and i do believe he has scored for Well.

Quite a few this season IIRC too, My point was guys like him can holds the ball up better and contribute more than Nish does, What ive seen on tv of the guy that is anyway, And if Motherwell pay more than Hibs in wages then its a sad day.

matty_f
24-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Konte, Courier, Damon Gray, Dobbie, Irvine (the 2nd one), Caughey, Sowunmi, Fellinger, Trakys to name a few off the top of my head who were/are worse than Nish.

He's no David Villa but EVERY club in the SPL except the OF would have him in their squad.

The anti-Nish posts on here are just a joke. We all know his faults, he's the best we've got until at least the transfer window/Duffy gets fit and their is no guarantee we'll sign someone better or Duffy is better.

Barring a couple of bams, there's not many people who are anti-Nish, more that a good number of folk have come to the conclusion that he's not good enough for Hibs.

I wouldn't say I was anti-any Hibs player, they play for the club I love so I'm pro-player. Doesn't mean I can't acknowledge and discuss their limitations.

To say people are anti-Nish makes it (IMHO) become a personal thing. I don't have anything at all against Nish as a person, and I'll support him to the hilt while he's at Hibs, but I'm not going to pretend he's the player that will help us to a top three or four finish, or even the player to keep us in the SPL.

matty_f
24-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Not how it turned out though.:greengrin
Anyway the blame for the result yesterday lies with me for going along. I miss one home game last week and we win. I just am not Hibs class.

Jinx!!

This is the reason I've given Danderhall Hibs my ticket for the derby. I've a shocking record in them, think his is much better than mine, so I'm staying out of the way for the greater good!:greengrin

Dirkster23
24-10-2010, 06:34 PM

Do you mean Nick Blackman? Came on as a sub against us? If it is, that's been his only appearance so far this year.

BTW he's on loan from Blackburn until Christmas, so not a player we're likely to be able to buy.

If the other guy your on about's lukas jutkiewicz, he was on loan from Everton. He was signed by Coventry in the summer for a fee, so i'm guessing he'd be out our range too.

Edit: Motherwell site has him only making one sub appearance with no goals, but Wiki shows 4 goals in 8 games!

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Barring a couple of bams, there's not many people who are anti-Nish, more that a good number of folk have come to the conclusion that he's not good enough for Hibs.

I wouldn't say I was anti-any Hibs player, they play for the club I love so I'm pro-player. Doesn't mean I can't acknowledge and discuss their limitations.

To say people are anti-Nish makes it (IMHO) become a personal thing. I don't have anything at all against Nish as a person, and I'll support him to the hilt while he's at Hibs, but I'm not going to pretend he's the player that will help us to a top three or four finish, or even the player to keep us in the SPL.

Spot on.

My first post on Nish in this thread was to stress i dont have any hidden agenda against the guy, I just simply think he is not good enough.

Albion Hibs
Thats a silly thing to say. I'd have virtually every striker in the SPL before Nish, huns tic and yams apart do these clubs pay more than us?

With the exception of Hamilton, St Mirren, ICT I think we pay about the lowest. Killie even have boys on more money that we do, Falkirk were paying better when they were in our league.

blackpoolhibs

:top marks:agree:

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Do you mean Nick Blackman? Came on as a sub against us? If it is, that's been his only appearance so far this year.

BTW he's on loan from Blackburn until Christmas, so not a player we're likely to be able to buy.

If the other guy your on about's lukas jutkiewicz, he was on loan from Everton. He was signed by Coventry in the summer for a fee, so i'm guessing he'd be out our range too.

Think i m now meaning Humphrey's :greengrin

matty_f
24-10-2010, 06:37 PM
With the exception of Hamilton, St Mirren, ICT I think we pay about the lowest. Killie even have boys on more money that we do, Falkirk were paying better when they were in our league.

I would love to see some evidence to back this up.

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 06:38 PM

Doubt it .

Sergey
24-10-2010, 06:39 PM

I'll openly admit that I was anti, Shelton Martis (and Stuart Turnbull).

Nish is a limited player, but he offers something that the aforementioned didn't.

Bishop Hibee
24-10-2010, 06:40 PM

I assume anyone posting moaning about Nish isn't slagging him as a person :confused: You'd have to know him to slag him off as a person. I take the anti-Nish posts being against him as a player.

The only players we have at the moment who are top 3/4 quality are maybe Brown, Bamba (not yesterday) and defo Riordan. As for those who may relegate us and will definitely get us a bottom 6 finish look no further than the rest of the team.

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2010, 06:41 PM

The man has one of his better games on a day when most of his teammates turn in a diabolical performance and he is subjected to yet more of this garbage.
Given our new managers comments after the game Nish will not be one of the many getting punted .

HFC 0-7
24-10-2010, 06:42 PM

Doubt it!

Hibs have a higher income than everyone bar the old firm and hearts and we still had to sell to break even. if these other teams are paying more then they will be in serious trouble!

ScottB
24-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Jesus Christ!

I'm sick of the anti Nish brigade on this site. Honestly. The guy's at the club, if he's picked, he plays. Aye, he's no the best, but unlike the 'mighty' Stokes he doesn't turn up p1ssed and at the end of the day, his scoring record isn't bad by any measure, at least with the budget we have to bring people in. Currently we have 2 fit strikers at the club, that isn't Nish's fault, it's Hughes and the Boards, by the reaction of some folk around here you'd think Nish had gone round breaking everybody elses legs to keep his place in the team.

That we have folk who are just dying to put the boot into members of our squad, Nish this week and Hogg last week after scoring is poor. I bet they were still giving them pelters. Then we have the likes of Bamba, who appears to have a blank cheque to be as mince as anybody else with some folk.

These are the players we have, till the summer at least, heads are down, confidence is lacking, idiots booing at players is going to achieve what exactly? Lets just get on with it eh?

Albion Hibs
Think i m now meaning Humphrey's :greengrin

I stand by my statement on wages but happy for others to disagree. At the end of the day no one really knows for a fact i.e. Wayne Rooney is report to be on £X, that is a high profile one, yet no one, or very few will ever know for sure.

Humphreys has had a good start to the year, but I think he is a winger. He gave Hanlon a tough shift on the first day of the season, but was subbed on two occasions last year as Murray had him in the back pocket.

Humphreys has been there for a while, and on that basis I go back to my comment re finding a hidden gem, they also stuck with him for 2 seasons, when by all accounts he looked pretty rank.

HibbyAndy
The man has one of his better games on a day when most of his teammates turn in a diabolical performance and he is subjected to yet more of this garbage.
Given our new managers comments after the game Nish will not be one of the many getting punted .

Did you watch a different game from me? Missed a free header, Failed to control every ball that came his way and fell on his erse constantly?

And thats one of his better games you say? Deary deary me

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Jesus Christ!

I'm sick of the anti Nish brigade on this site. Honestly. The guy's at the club, if he's picked, he plays. Aye, he's no the best, but unlike the 'mighty' Stokes he doesn't turn up p1ssed and at the end of the day, his scoring record isn't bad by any measure, at least with the budget we have to bring people in. Currently we have 2 fit strikers at the club, that isn't Nish's fault, it's Hughes and the Boards, by the reaction of some folk around here you'd think Nish had gone round breaking everybody elses legs to keep his place in the team.

That we have folk who are just dying to put the boot into members of our squad, Nish this week and Hogg last week after scoring is poor. I bet they were still giving them pelters. Then we have the likes of Bamba, who appears to have a blank cheque to be as mince as anybody else with some folk.

These are the players we have, till the summer at least, heads are down, confidence is lacking, idiots booing at players is going to achieve what exactly? Lets just get on with it eh?

Well said mate. Regardless we must start supporting our own, the boot going in is never going to get us anywhere, in fact as a club I think it will and maybe has started taking us backwards.

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Did you watch a different game from me? Missed a free header, Failed to control every ball that came his way and fell on his erse constantly?

And the rest of the team were any better? Calderwood thought he was our best player :dunno:

Bishop Hibee
24-10-2010, 06:49 PM

Nish scored FFS! Who do you think was better yesterday?

Saorsa
24-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Given our new managers comments after the game Nish will not be one of the many getting punted .So he had one of his better games, that disnae really say much because does it, considering how bad he normally is it wouldnae be hard tae be a wee bit better now and again. That worries me already if he thinks that standard of player is acceptable. :bitchy:

I wouldnae like tae see his career come tae an end but I'd like tae see is Hibs career come tae an end, simply not good enough

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 06:53 PM
And the rest of the team were any better? Calderwood thought he was our best player :dunno:

The team as a unit where pathetic, Hogg was crap, But what i did notice is he gave that extra 10%, Mcbride and Miller were total strangers..As were the whole team..Id have had Hogg ahead of Bamba or Dicko..Take your pick in central defence, Hogg would have at least won Headers if anything ahead of those two.

This current Hibs team worrys me..No strenght in depth and No goals in the side bar Riordan, Are Hibs in a relegation fight? You better believe we are.

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Nish scored FFS! Who do you think was better yesterday?

Oh so he scored does that make him better now?

IMO his all round general play is not good enough

FFS!:wink:

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 07:06 PM

As a striker his job is to score goals he did that, perhaps we should be looking at those at the other end asking them to do there job.

Fact of the matter is if you conceed 2 or 3 or dare I say four goals in a game you are looking for striker that should score up to 5 in a game. I put it to you that if we had Messi or Humphreys for that matter we would not score that many goals in a game.

Nish did more than his share of defending, therefore I would say he put in more than the 110% we were looking for.

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2010, 07:12 PM

Andy, I know Nish is no word beater but we are stuck with him like it or not. This year has been his worst spell at the club and it is no coincidence that during that time we have played week in week out without any width. Players like Nish thrive on balls coming in from the flanks. Hopefully Calderwood will sort that out pretty swiftly.
Nish is a Hibby like you and me and there does not seem to be any benefit in subjecting the guy to the type of vile abuse posted in this thread and many others like it.

Shrekko
24-10-2010, 07:14 PM

There's not many people that are anti-Nish? Absolute bollox and you know it. No matter what the game or where you sit, you will be in ear-shot of somebody giving him dogs abuse within seconds of the game starting.

I'd actually have more respect for folk that would just admit that they hate a player than all this 'oh I dont rate him but I give him my full support'. All very nice in theory and the right thing to say 'in public' but very rarely true.

You dont actually have to pretend that he's a player that will help us to a top 3 or 4 finish by the way, seeing as he played virtually every game in 2009/10, when we finished 4th.

The fact is that Nish is no better or worse than 80 percent of the squad but is singled out for OTT criticism.

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 07:15 PM
As a striker his job is to score goals he did that, perhaps we should be looking at those at the other end asking them to do there job.

Fact of the matter is if you conceed 2 or 3 or dare I say four goals in a game you are looking for striker that should score up to 5 in a game. I put it to you that if we had Messi or Humphreys for that matter we would not score that many goals in a game.

Nish did more than his share of defending, therefore I would say he put in more than the 110% we were looking for.

Not saying he didnt

But imo we can get better strikers than CN for the wages we pay, For all the defending in the world he does, For all the aerial battles he's involved, For the Hibee that he is he still cant control a ball 2 feet in front of him..Ive never once personally abused him, And will not, But IMO he just isnt good enough.

ScottB
24-10-2010, 07:22 PM
So he had one of his better games, that disnae really say much because does it, considering how bad he normally is it wouldnae be hard tae be a wee bit better now and again. That worries me already if he thinks that standard of player is acceptable. :bitchy:

I wouldnae like tae see his career come tae an end but I'd like tae see is Hibs career come tae an end, simply not good enough

We have more than a whole team out of contract at the end of the season, I would assume the majority of them will go.

That's a hell of a lot of new players we are going to need to find and bring in. Nish is under contract, he will stay, if for nothing else than the sheer number of players we are going to have to bring in in the summer.

As for the standard acceptable, who are we exactly? I'd say Nish is an SPL standard player by any measure, and has a scoring record better than just about any of the strikers that have played in the league baring the Old Firm ones.

We can either have hard working SPL players or damaged goods from higher up on our budget, thems the breaks really!

PaulSmith
24-10-2010, 07:23 PM

Your embarrassing yourself now.

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Your embarrassing yourself now.

Okay mate whatever, but none the less thanks for your well thought through view.

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Jesus Christ!

:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2010, 07:34 PM
The amount of stick Nish takes on here and at matches is cringeworthy.

He may not be the most gifted, but he generally gives his all, always wants the ball and never hides.... He must have something as he constantly gets picked by coaches / managers, and has a decent scoring record within SPL.... How many of his bashers have played football in the SPL:confused:

Jonnyboy
24-10-2010, 07:48 PM
The amount of stick Nish takes on here and at matches is cringeworthy.

He may not be the most gifted, but he generally gives his all, always wants the ball and never hides.... He must have something as he constantly gets picked by coaches / managers, and has a decent scoring record within SPL.... How many of his bashers have played football in the SPL:confused:

Haven't read this whole thread S but your post kinda tells me what I thought I'd find. The usual Nish bashers out in force.

Love him or hate him he does everything that Baldy Foghorn says he does and whilst he might well make mistakes in a game I invite those who highlight them to name a Hibs player that doesn't.

OtterHibee
24-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Jesus Christ!

Great post :top marks

matty_f
24-10-2010, 08:02 PM
There's not many people that are anti-Nish? Absolute bollox and you know it. No matter what the game or where you sit, you will be in ear-shot of somebody giving him dogs abuse within seconds of the game starting.

I'd actually have more respect for folk that would just admit that they hate a player than all this 'oh I dont rate him but I give him my full support'. All very nice in theory and the right thing to say 'in public' but very rarely true.

You dont actually have to pretend that he's a player that will help us to a top 3 or 4 finish by the way, seeing as he played virtually every game in 2009/10, when we finished 4th.

The fact is that Nish is no better or worse than 80 percent of the squad but is singled out for OTT criticism.

Rich, at Easter Road on a matchday, the people who shout abuse at Nish are (at least where I sit) outnumbered by several hundred to one.

As for saying the right thing in public, well - you'll need to take me at my word on this one, but I don't shout abuse at any of our players at the games - I'm there to support them.

I accept that Nish was part of the team that got us 4th last season - do you think he'll do it again this season? How did we do the season before?

I'm not singling Nish out for the criticism, btw - I'll criticise pretty much anyone in that squad at the moment, because on form going back months and months, there are a lot of them showing that they're not good enough for where Hibs want to be.

I do think Nish comes in for more stick than others, and I can see that it's unfair but at the same time I can see where the stick comes from. He is a hugely frustrating player, and people have been getting frustrated by him for years now.

Liberal Hibby
24-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I am glad I don't sit next to you at Easter Road...

I think it's unlikely anyone sits near to him/her at Easter Road...

LancsHibs
24-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Great post :top marks

Just back from Aviemore, cracking meal in the Old Bridge Inn, nice pub:agree:

BTW Dont agree with the whole Nish bashing thing but never a lone striker! Thought Col would have known enough about scottish football/Hibs to have known this, hopefully he does now:cool2:

Shrekko
24-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Rich, at Easter Road on a matchday, the people who shout abuse at Nish are (at least where I sit) outnumbered by several hundred to one.

As for saying the right thing in public, well - you'll need to take me at my word on this one, but I don't shout abuse at any of our players at the games - I'm there to support them.

I accept that Nish was part of the team that got us 4th last season - do you think he'll do it again this season? How did we do the season before?

I'm not singling Nish out for the criticism, btw - I'll criticise pretty much anyone in that squad at the moment, because on form going back months and months, there are a lot of them showing that they're not good enough for where Hibs want to be.

I do think Nish comes in for more stick than others, and I can see that it's unfair but at the same time I can see where the stick comes from. He is a hugely frustrating player, and people have been getting frustrated by him for years now.

I was talking in general terms Matty- not saying you personally are anti-Nish just that you are very wrong to suggest that many others arent. Let me know where you sit though- it sounds great where you are! :greengrin

I will never forget around half the away support at Hamilton last season standing and applauding when he got sent off and I will never forget a couple of times him being subbed at ER to a rousing cheer mixed with boo's and catcalls in his direction. These are not normal reactions from a crowd and moments that have made me ashamed.

Also- the point about us not finishing 4th every year Nish has been here.. well it's a team game and the point stands that he HAS been a regular in a team that finished 4th.

It's very clear to me that there is a thirst for scapegoats just now and it's almost always unfair on the players involved and it is all to do with whether their face fits amongst the fans. In this internet age it grows arms and legs and we're seeing players hounded out the club and that rankles with me no matter how average the player is.

lEXO
24-10-2010, 08:30 PM

Wishing a career ending injury on a Hibs player.You have taken nonsense abuse of our players to the lowest level.How are you still allowed to post on this site after posting the above gash.Criticism is one thing, but you are well out of line with this garbage.You are an embarrasment to our support.

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Wishing a career ending injury on a Hibs player.You have taken nonsense abuse of our players to the lowest level.How are you still allowed to post on this site after posting the above gash.Criticism is one thing, but you are well out of line with this garbage.You are an embarrasment to our support.

I agree, the comments by the guy were yammish to say the least, if the boy is a "hibby", then he is a total embarrasment and should be ashamed of his post....

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 09:07 PM
I agree, the comments by the guy were yammish to say the least, if the boy is a "hibby", then he is a total embarrasment and should be ashamed of his post....

Wether we all agree or disagree about Nish that guys comments are bang out of order.

Reeks of Yammish :hmmm:

matty_f
24-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Yep, hope nish makes a full and fast recovery. Bang put of order wishing a bad injury on him.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Yep, hope nish makes a full and fast recovery. Bang put of order wishing a bad injury on him.

:agree: We need him fit and back for next week, we don't have anyone else.

Jonnyboy
24-10-2010, 09:17 PM

Glad to see this so called Hibs fan has been given his marching orders. Well done Admin :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Anyway.

Nishy looks to have twisted his ankle, so we're going to Tanadeechie and will be playing Deeks up top on his own.....

If he's fit.

Raymond
24-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Hopefully its the end of his pathetic career and we can just release this muppet along with about half the rest of the team.All time low for this forum,why was this prick allowed to post after that?

BEEJ
24-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Anyway.

Nishy looks to have twisted his ankle, so we're going to Tanadeechie and will be playing Deeks up top on his own.....

If he's fit.
Dare I say .....

..... Trakys????

:eek:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Dare I say .....

..... Trakys????

:eek:

Fair play.

hadn't thought about that.

Skanko79
25-10-2010, 06:51 AM
I'm no getting involved in slagging the guy off as i believe we should be getting behind him rather than on his back all the time, what annoyed me about Nish on sat was the fact he seemed to be having a right good old laugh with the physio whilst hobbling along the touchline, dunno what he could possibly find funny about getting skelped of the sheep.

Albion Hibs
25-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Anyway.

If he's fit.

In that case we will be playing with 10 men! As good as deek is there CH are huge, there full backs are not small either, he will disappear in there.

I hope Nish is fit, would play him and deek up front if he is, if he is injured Trakys gets a shot.

silverhibee
25-10-2010, 01:03 PM
In that case we will be playing with 10 men! As good as deek is there CH are huge, there full backs are not small either, he will disappear in there.

I hope Nish is fit, would play him and deek up front if he is, if he is injured Trakys gets a shot.

Wrong, wee will be playing with eleven players, i am sure Deek has come up against big centre halfs before, celtc have big centre halfs and he managed not to get lost in that game and even scored a goal, if Nish is not fit for Saturday the manager has no option but to go with a 4-5-1, if Deek is fit i am sure he will be asked to play the lone striker upfront for Hibs, if not fit, it will be Trakys who gets that task, wee have nobody else to play in that position.
I am hoping too that Deek and Nish are fit for Saturday.

RCNG
25-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Wrong, wee will be playing with eleven players, i am sure Deek has come up against big centre halfs before, celtc have big centre halfs and he managed not to get lost in that game and even scored a goal, if Nish is not fit for Saturday the manager has no option but to go with a 4-5-1, if Deek is fit i am sure he will be asked to play the lone striker upfront for Hibs, if not fit, it will be Trakys who gets that task, wee have nobody else to play in that position.
I am hoping too that Deek and Nish are fit for Saturday.

Play all three of them!

matty_f
25-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Play all three of them!

is that you, mixu?

Baldy Foghorn
25-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Interesting tonight in Evening News:

Star Man: Nish - "forced Mark Howard into one good save, saw a header taken off the Aberdeen line and glanced one wide before getting his reward with his first goal this season".... Whoever wrote that must be wrong if you listen to the posters on here:confused:

Colin Calderwood - "Big Colin was in at half-time apologising as if he had committed a crime. But he has been in there and had those opportunities. He looked a genuine threat/target that we can profit from when the ball is in and around him"....

There you have it gents, these guys know absolutely hee haw, and the posters on here should be in charge if team matters......

Or maybe Nish is better than is being portrayed on the messageboards:rolleyes::confused:

Lofarl
25-10-2010, 03:03 PM

Star Man: Nish - "forced Mark Howard into one good save, saw a header taken off the Aberdeen line and glanced one wide before getting his reward with his first goal this season".... Whoever wrote that must be wrong if you listen to the posters on here:confused:

Colin Calderwood - "Big Colin was in at half-time apologising as if he had committed a crime. But he has been in there and had those opportunities. He looked a genuine threat/target that we can profit from when the ball is in and around him"....

There you have it gents, these guys know absolutely hee haw, and the posters on here should be in charge if team matters......

Or maybe Nish is better than is being portrayed on the messageboards:rolleyes::confused:

BOO. Colins terrible, I mean its not as if he scored 5 goals in the last 2 games of last season is it.

In all seriousness I quite like Nish's effort, ok he may not have a great first touch but by god I prefer to see him giving it a right good go than seeing a striker mump and moan.

Some .net posters are to busy tugging themselves over deek though.

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 03:25 PM

Yip very wrong, forced a save? That will be the weak effort when through 1 on 1 :faf: The headers hehehe, glanced wide lol. 2 Bad misses in my book, How many chances did Aberdeen have compared to the goals they scored?
So he should have been apologising, he missed them.
Its funny you are now believing what the hibs manager is saying

No chance, he's a bum who needs 5-6 chances before he scores, not good enough. Sorry he is good enough for this team.

Baldy Foghorn
25-10-2010, 03:40 PM
No chance, he's a bum who needs 5-6 chances before he scores, not good enough. Sorry he is good enough for this team.

So no matter what he does from now on, will posters continue to look at the negatives, rather than praise him?

matty_f
25-10-2010, 03:45 PM
So no matter what he does from now on, will posters continue to look at the negatives, rather than praise him?

If Nish (or any player) goes on a great run of form, has MOTM performances and continually plays his part in good results from the team, I'll be the first on here singing their praises.:agree:

What I'll not do, though, is go overboard when someone who usually doesn't contribute much in a game has a rare good game and point to it as a GIRFUY to anyone that has criticised them. When they're doing it more weeks than not, then absolutely, I'll eat my words and tell others to do the same.

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 03:46 PM

Thats just rubbish baldy, if he scored when through on goal, if he'd put his free headers away like he should have, we'd probably be looking at a different result, Nish on a hattrick and people happy for him. But yet again we are talkinhg about his inability to take his chances, his inability to lead the line well, and his failure to affect the result in a positive way like he should have done.

Bob1875
25-10-2010, 03:49 PM

Wonder what Riordans goals:chances ratio is this season?

Baldy Foghorn
25-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Thats just rubbish baldy, if he scored when through on goal, if he'd put his free headers away like he should have, we'd probably be looking at a different result, Nish on a hattrick and people happy for him. But yet again we are talkinhg about his inability to take his chances, his inability to lead the line well, and his failure to affect the result in a positive way like he should have done.

I think it is grossly unfair that Nish is getting the majority of blame for Saturday. What about the team's inability to defend. 4 poor goals were lost by us..... The team plays as a team so a wee bit unfair that Nish is getting slated for not scoring more.... Is it Nish's fault that a defender cleared his header off the line, is that not just good defending?

matty_f
25-10-2010, 03:51 PM

Hope someone can look this up for us, I love it when we deflect criticism from players by looking for faults in the few good players we do have remaining at the club.

If anyone can knock together some stats that show how many shots Mark Brown has failed to catch cleanly for me I'd be delighted, I'm wanting to show that Andy McNeill wasn't that bad.

matty_f
25-10-2010, 03:53 PM
I think it is grossly unfair that Nish is getting the majority of blame for Saturday. What about the team's inability to defend. 4 poor goals were lost by us..... The team plays as a team so a wee bit unfair that Nish is getting slated for not scoring more.... Is it Nish's fault that a defender cleared his header off the line, is that not just good defending?

It is unfair that Nish is getting the majority of the blame for the defeat - absolutely.

There were many others on Saturday more culpable that Colin, though they have been criticised elsewhere, but as there's been no debate about them, the criticism probably hasn't seemed so severe.

Colin Nish was not the main reason we lost on Saturday, I can say that confidently.

Bob1875
25-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Hope someone can look this up for us, I love it when we deflect criticism from players by looking for faults in the few good players we do have remaining at the club.

If anyone can knock together some stats that show how many shots Mark Brown has failed to catch cleanly for me I'd be delighted, I'm wanting to show that Andy McNeill wasn't that bad.

Its more pointing out that a striker who has 4-5 chances before he scores probably isnt such a rarity.

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 04:03 PM

Nish is getting the blame for us not scoring enough goals on saturday. If you want to play that game, Bamba scored with his one chance, what a goalscorer. Nish is not getting the blame he was part of it. Just as he's part of a terrible goal scoring partnership. Remind me how many he's scored this season? He must be way ahead at the top of the scoring charts, miles ahead of say our defenders?

Our defending was bad on Saturday, all of them were poor. The midfield did create a few chances, yet they were missed. There is a common theme here, we create and miss them, the opposition do so and score.

skipster7
25-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Or the Motherwell player that got the goal in the 6-6 game? Both players better than Nish
:confused:as opposed to the guy who got 3 in that game ?:dunno:

Hibs Class
25-10-2010, 04:08 PM

I remember reading in the Shoot annual c.1975 Malcolm MacDonald reckoning that one goal for every six chances was his average and was a decent return. Admittedly his career average was a goal every two games, but if Nish or any of our players got a goal every 5-6 chances then I'd be happy.

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 04:09 PM
:confused:as opposed to the guy who got 3 in that game ?:dunno:

Nish was very good that night, and I'm sure he was praised for his contributions that night, and when he scored both goals against Dundee Utd on the Sunday.:top marks

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 04:11 PM
I remember reading in the Shoot annual c.1975 Malcolm MacDonald reckoning that one goal for every six chances was his average and was a decent return. Admittedly his career average was a goal every two games, but if Nish or any of our players got a goal every 5-6 chances then I'd be happy.

Yes 1975, the era where there was a chance every 5 minutes. These days chances are at a premium.

Barney McGrew
25-10-2010, 04:17 PM

In league games, he's had 34 shots on goal of which 17 have been on target, and scored three goals.

He's had more shots in total and on target than any other player in the SPL so far this term

skipster7
25-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Nish is getting the blame for us not scoring enough goals on saturday. If you want to play that game, Bamba scored with his one chance, what a goalscorer. Nish is not getting the blame he was part of it. Just as he's part of a terrible goal scoring partnership. Remind me how many he's scored this season? He must be way ahead at the top of the scoring charts, miles ahead of say our defenders?

Our defending was bad on Saturday, all of them were poor. The midfield did create a few chances, yet they were missed. There is a common theme here, we create and miss them, the opposition do so and score.

BH calling big Colin a bum isn't great for someone who like me thought petty name calling was an embarrassing way to go RE Yogi.FWIW colin took about 1 of 3 chances on saturday & id like to know what the defence and midfields tackle/ pass ratio was.
For the most part we have a shambolic defence , a cowardly midfield and an average strikeforce.maybe if the defence/midfield had been as average as Nish on saturday we might well have got something.

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 04:40 PM
BH calling big Colin a bum isn't great for someone who like me thought petty name calling was an embarrassing way to go RE Yogi.FWIW colin took about 1 of 3 chances on saturday & id like to know what the defence and midfields tackle/ pass ratio was.
For the most part we have a shambolic defence , a cowardly midfield and an average strikeforce.maybe if the defence/midfield had been as average as Nish on saturday we might well have got something.

Fair enough. :agree: I disagree about a lot of the rest. He missed the chances as usual when they would have made a huge difference to the result. The cowardly midfield created those chances for him and Rankin in that first half. The defence is poor, although playing 4 central defenders does not help, especially when the two that played full back are bloody awful in that position. Forwards get paid to score, and Nish does nowhere near enough of that for Hibs imho.

GreenPJ
25-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Fair enough. :agree: I disagree about a lot of the rest. He missed the chances as usual when they would have made a huge difference to the result. The cowardly midfield created those chances for him and Rankin in that first half. The defence is poor, although playing 4 central defenders does not help, especially when the two that played full back are bloody awful in that position. Forwards get paid to score, and Nish does nowhere near enough of that for Hibs imho.

Thank God Rooney doesn't play for us this season then.

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Thank God Rooney doesn't play for us this season then.

I agree.

HFC 0-7
25-10-2010, 06:20 PM
In the last 10 years there has been 19 forwards at Hibs that have started more than 10 games (took out anything less than 10 games as the like of agathe distorted the figures with 4 goals in 5 games).

Out of those 19 games Killen had the best goals to starts ratio with a goal every 1.53 starts, Brewster was the worst with a goal every 5.2 starts, Nish was 3rd bottom with a goal every 3.16 starts.

I think it shows although he tries, probably more than anyone on the list that he isnt good enough and why he is attracted so much negativity. The players above him are: -

Benji, Crawford, Dobbie, Donaldson, Fletcher, Killen, Lehman, Luna, McManus, Miller, O'Connor, Mixu, Riordan, Sproule, Stokes and Zitelli. Only Brewster and Morrow have worse records.

Albion Hibs
25-10-2010, 06:38 PM

Glad to see I was not the only one who thought he had a good goal. Nice to have the viewpoint of a neutral, someones whos second nature is "Boo"!

Perhaps he is too good for this team - after all he did his job on saturday and scored, it was the boys at the back that failed in there number one task - maybe they are the ones that are not good enough?!

Dirkster23
25-10-2010, 06:40 PM
In the last 10 years there has been 19 forwards at Hibs that have started more than 10 games (took out anything less than 10 games as the like of agathe distorted the figures with 4 goals in 5 games).

Out of those 19 games Killen had the best goals to starts ratio with a goal every 1.53 starts, Brewster was the worst with a goal every 5.2 starts, Nish was 3rd bottom with a goal every 3.16 starts.

I think it shows although he tries, probably more than anyone on the list that he isnt good enough and why he is attracted so much negativity. The players above him are: -

Benji, Crawford, Dobbie, Donaldson, Fletcher, Killen, Lehman, Luna, McManus, Miller, O'Connor, Mixu, Riordan, Sproule, Stokes and Zitelli. Only Brewster and Morrow have worse records.

Right enough, a striker that scores a goal every 3 games is pretty poor :bitchy:

Since your looking at the stats, tell me in the last 5 years how many players outwith the OF have averaged better that that. Must be loads if a player like Nish can manage 62 in 170 SPL games eh?!?

snooky
25-10-2010, 06:46 PM
So, back to post no. 1. Any news from ER on Colin Nish's injury?

Guyll123 (post 48) seems to think it was just a sprain and CN should be able to shake it off in a couple of days. (Thanks, Guyll2123 :Awright!:)

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Glad to see I was not the only one who thought he had a good goal. Nice to have the viewpoint of a neutral, someones whos second nature is "Boo"!

Perhaps he is too good for this team - after all he did his job on saturday and scored, it was the boys at the back that failed in there number one task - maybe they are the ones that are not good enough?!

Did his job my erse, if thats the case Bamba did more than his job. Nish missed chance after chance to change the match when it mattered. A goal when the game was over is hardly doing his job.

HFC 0-7
25-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Right enough, a striker that scores a goal every 3 games is pretty poor :bitchy:

Since your looking at the stats, tell me in the last 5 years how many players outwith the OF have averaged better that that. Must be loads if a player like Nish can manage 62 in 170 SPL games eh?!?

Pretty sure I could find more if needs be but the following all have a better record in the SPL than Nish.

John Sutton, Jon Daly, Lukas Jutkiewicz, Chris Porter, Noel Hunt, Velicka, Rudi Skacel both times.

And in regards to your point in bold above, its poorer than a lot of other hibs strikers in the last 10 years.

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 07:05 PM

If the other parts of his game were good, the winning battles, holding the ball up and bringing the midfield into the game, he'd get more credit for his overall game. But when he falls over with the slightest nudge, is offside more than any other player. Is slower than a week in saughton and misses chance after chance. Thats why he's a waste of a jersey imho.

What is he actually good at?

Jonnyboy
25-10-2010, 07:10 PM

Hate to say it G but your never ending criticism of Nish is becoming pretty tiresome. You and I both know his limitations but he's all we've got right now and despite what you might think I do believe he is trying to give his best for the club. I just cannae see the point in regurgitating all this stuff about him falling over etc.

Dirkster23
25-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Pretty sure I could find more if needs be but the following all have a better record in the SPL than Nish.

John Sutton, Jon Daly, Lukas Jutkiewicz, Chris Porter, Noel Hunt, Velicka, Rudi Skacel both times.

And in regards to your point in bold above, its poorer than a lot of other hibs strikers in the last 10 years.

Hold on a minute, Nish is the worst striker to have played at ER, he's not Hibs class! If he's that bad surely you'd be rattling off scores of players with a better ratio??

BTW, where did you get your stats for the Hibs players and goals to game ratio? If Wiki's right, your way out with your calculations!

HFC 0-7
25-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Hold on a minute, Nish is the worst striker to have played at ER, he's not Hibs class! If he's that bad surely you'd be rattling off scores of players with a better ratio??

BTW, where did you get your stats for the Hibs players and goals to game ratio? If Wiki's right, your way out with your calculations!

Maybe you should hold on a minute, where have I said that? I said that he is way to the league in terms of goals to starts for hibs strikers in the last 10 years. I have given you 7 names of players outwith hibs and the oldfirm that have better ratios than him. How many do you want before you will concede he isnt good enough.

I got the hibs stats from iHibs website.

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Hate to say it G but your never ending criticism of Nish is becoming pretty tiresome. You and I both know his limitations but he's all we've got right now and despite what you might think I do believe he is trying to give his best for the club. I just cannae see the point in regurgitating all this stuff about him falling over etc.

I did not start this thread John? If i disagree that he had a good game i will say so, if he has a good game i will say so. In fact i said he did a very good job last week against Killie, when marking the Russian fellow who's name escapes me out the match.

I dont doubt for one minute he's giving his all, but him falling over, or him failing to control the simplest of balls is also very tiresome, especially when there are folk who seem to think just because he tried for 90 minutes its having a good game?

As you say he's all we have, and i have said i hope he's fit for Saturday. I want him to play well, i want the team to play well too.

Jonnyboy
25-10-2010, 07:22 PM
I did not start this thread John? If i disagree that he had a good game i will say so, if he has a good game i will say so. In fact i said he did a very good job last week against Killie, when marking the Russian fellow who's name escapes me out the match.

I dont doubt for one minute he's giving his all, but him falling over, or him failing to control the simplest of balls is also very tiresome, especially when there are folk who seem to think just because he tried for 90 minutes its having a good game?

As you say he's all we have, and i have said i hope he's fit for Saturday. I want him to play well, i want the team to play well too.

Fair enough Gary, my apologies for 'picking on you' :greengrin

All power to the Nishmeister for the rest of his Hibs career though, yeah? :wink:

Albion Hibs
25-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Did his job my erse, if thats the case Bamba did more than his job. Nish missed chance after chance to change the match when it mattered. A goal when the game was over is hardly doing his job.

Incorrect. The basic principle of being half way to winning if you dont conceed could not be any more true. I would rather none of our defenders ever scored again if it meant they kept a clean sheet.

So Bamba and Co can keep there goals and start playing at the end of the pitch they are supposed to.

Fact of the matter is the first time our defense was asked the question they failed.

"Chance after chance" - normally people would view dominating the first 20 minutes and creating lots of chances away from home as a good thing or am I imagining it?

Nish's chance right before they scored was nothing short of unlucky / good defending on the line from them, if the defense played better I am confident we would have gotton the first goal.

Thing is Aberdeen did not have "chance after chance" the only shots they had they scored with, again a reflection of our defending.

Valid comment from you "my erse"!

Hibee Daz
25-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Isn't it rather ironic that it's first time in god knows how long that Nishy manages to leap for a header properly and score a good goal, but then injures himself due to an awkward landing!

Anyway a guy who only scores 1 goal in 11 competitive matches is no big loss however, so we may as well give the big Lith some game time to get him up to speed!
I will now finish off on my ironic theme by saying, wouldn't it be ****in hilarious if big Trakys managed to score the winner against the yams in our next home match.:lolyam:

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Fair enough Gary, my apologies for 'picking on you' :greengrin

All power to the Nishmeister for the rest of his Hibs career though, yeah? :wink:

John we all want Hibs to do well, its crap that we are struggling just now. There is a common theme in all this imho. We can sack as many managers as we like, but this lot are just bloody hopeless imho. We have very few players i think CC will want to keep. Its probably a good thing for the new man, he can get rid of so many at the one time. The problem as i see it is, will they be good enough and fight for the cause if they know they are not getting a new contract?

Will we score enough goals and let fewer in? Performances like we have been getting from the likes of Nish/Hogg/Rankin/Stevenson/McBride/Miller/ and Bamba on saturday are just not good enough. Thats 7 of Saturdays team that were posted missing, and not for the first time. And 5 of them have been like that for a very long time. How some people can come on this site and defend them i find difficult to understand, its not as if they will suddenly become better. Hibs are the best and biggest club most of them will ever play for. Thats scary.

HFC 0-7
25-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Incorrect. The basic principle of being half way to winning if you dont conceed could not be any more true. I would rather none of our defenders ever scored again if it meant they kept a clean sheet.

So Bamba and Co can keep there goals and start playing at the end of the pitch they are supposed to.

Fact of the matter is the first time our defense was asked the question they failed.

"Chance after chance" - normally people would view dominating the first 20 minutes and creating lots of chances away from home as a good thing or am I imagining it?

Nish's chance right before they scored was nothing short of unlucky / good defending on the line from them, if the defense played better I am confident we would have gotton the first goal.

Thing is Aberdeen did not have "chance after chance" the only shots they had they scored with, again a reflection of our defending.

Or them having the players capable of taking their chances? Its not just Nish that is letting us down for all his chances missed, the midfield arent much better.

Albion Hibs
25-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Or them having the players capable of taking their chances? Its not just Nish that is letting us down for all his chances missed, the midfield arent much better.

No, you cannot get away from the fact that saturday ended when our defenders decided not to show up. Any team that scores 4 from 4 chances is being gifted. I doubt Barca will have such a good success rate.

We were on top of the game and I think we could have taken at least a point, but we will get no points for the rest of the season if we continue to let in 4 goals a game.

Jonnyboy
25-10-2010, 07:42 PM
John we all want Hibs to do well, its crap that we are struggling just now. There is a common theme in all this imho. We can sack as many managers as we like, but this lot are just bloody hopeless imho. We have very few players i think CC will want to keep. Its probably a good thing for the new man, he can get rid of so many at the one time. The problem as i see it is, will they be good enough and fight for the cause if they know they are not getting a new contract?

Will we score enough goals and let fewer in? Performances like we have been getting from the likes of Nish/Hogg/Rankin/Stevenson/McBride/Miller/ and Bamba on saturday are just not good enough. Thats 7 of Saturdays team that were posted missing, and not for the first time. And 5 of them have been like that for a very long time. How some people can come on this site and defend them i find difficult to understand, its not as if they will suddenly become better. Hibs are the best and biggest club most of them will ever play for. Thats scary.

Clearly :wink:

I don't disagree with much of what you say Gary and I'm hoping CC will have a clear out in January but until then we have to play with what we've got and I guess the happy clapper in me makes me think we should support their efforts rather than endlessly criticise them - not saying that's you but it happens. One erse even hoped Nish would have suffered a career ending injury - Colin may not be perfect, far from it but he gives his all and so deserves credit for that, even though his all may fall well short of what we'd all like to see :agree:

There's a fair few in the strip just now that I'd ship out ahead of Nish but they never get the same level of abuse the big fella gets :agree:

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 07:43 PM

I know defenders should defend first, and on Saturday we defended very poorly. Yet when they scored first it was because their forward was accurate with his shot, the one on one like Nish had. Colin was just unlucky. :yawn: If you want to start a thread on Hogg and Hanlon as Full backs, i will glady comment on their shocking defending on Saturday.

Dirkster23
25-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Maybe you should hold on a minute, where have I said that? I said that he is way to the league in terms of goals to starts for hibs strikers in the last 10 years. I have given you 7 names of players outwith hibs and the oldfirm that have better ratios than him. How many do you want before you will concede he isnt good enough.

I got the hibs stats from iHibs website.

Just a few i've looked at shows

Nish 98 games, 25 goals, avg 3.9

Riordan 234 games, 96 goals, avg 2.4

Dobbie 45 games, 7 goals, avg 6.4

Zitelli 64 games, 13 goals, avg 4.9

McManus 129 games, 23 goals, avg 5.6

O'Connor 167 games, 59 goals, avg 2.8

Miller 53 games, 14 goals, avg 3.7

Luna 50 games, 13 goals, avg 3.8

Sproule 94 games, 18 goals, avg 5.2

Lehmann 71 games, 13 goals, avg 5.4

Fletcher 189 games, 52 goals, avg 3.6

Details taken from iHibs too.

Hard to see what's so wrong with his stats when you compare them with the players listed:rolleyes:

Liberal Hibby
25-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Anyway a guy who only scores 1 goal in 11 competitive matches is no big loss however,

Lies damned lies and statistics. Of course if you take the last 13 competitive games it's 6 goals isn't it? Better than golden boy Riordan...

HFC 0-7
25-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Just a few i've looked at shows

Nish 98 games, 25 goals, avg 3.9

Riordan 234 games, 96 goals, avg 2.4

Dobbie 45 games, 7 goals, avg 6.4

Zitelli 64 games, 13 goals, avg 4.9

McManus 129 games, 23 goals, avg 5.6

O'Connor 167 games, 59 goals, avg 2.8

Miller 53 games, 14 goals, avg 3.7

Luna 50 games, 13 goals, avg 3.8

Sproule 94 games, 18 goals, avg 5.2

Lehmann 71 games, 13 goals, avg 5.4

Fletcher 189 games, 52 goals, avg 3.6

Details taken from iHibs too.

Hard to see what's so wrong with his stats when you compare them with the players listed:rolleyes:

Thats because you never read my post! My stats are games started not appearances. You will notice that for players like dobbie, 35 of his 45 appearances were from the bench! that means that 35 of the 45 games you include could have been 5 mins each, hardly fair.

I took out substitute appearances from every player to even things out, which made nearly everyone better including Nish, bumping him him up to a goal every 3 games from a goal every 4 games.

If you feel that a goal every 4 games is good enough your expectations of hibs must be very low. A goal every 4 games means that he wont even break 10 SPL goals in a season and thats if he plays every game which will be unlike Colin as he does get suspended.

If you want to use appearances then the following players outwith the old firm and hibs have had/have a better ratio than him.

Lee Miller: Hearts
Paul Hartley: Hearts
Velicka: Hearts
Skacel: Hearts
Sutton: Motherwell
Jutkiewicz: Motherwell
Porter: Motherwell
Daly: Dundee Utd
Hunt: Dundee Utd
Boyd: Kilmarnock
Sandaza: Dundee Utd
Stokes: Falkirk
Dargo: ICT
Lovell: Aberdeen

Probably a lot more than that in the last 5 years.

latapy10
25-10-2010, 08:46 PM
I dont give him abuse. Why would I want to make him any worse than he already is if thats even possible? I abuse him on here because he deserves it. And yes, a midget with no arms or legs, a headless chicken or even me would be a better option upfront. Maybe Leveins tactics arent so bad. Wed be as well playing 4 5 0 and actually playing with 10 men. Less chances for him to miss.6ft spagetti end of:agree:

latapy10
25-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Clearly :wink:

I don't disagree with much of what you say Gary and I'm hoping CC will have a clear out in January but until then we have to play with what we've got and I guess the happy clapper in me makes me think we should support their efforts rather than endlessly criticise them - not saying that's you but it happens. One erse even hoped Nish would have suffered a career ending injury - Colin may not be perfect, far from it but he gives his all and so deserves credit for that, even though his all may fall well short of what we'd all like to see :agree:

There's a fair few in the strip just now that I'd ship out ahead of Nish but they never get the same level of abuse the big fella gets :agree:Name them Nish HAS TO BE FIRST OUT

Jonnyboy
25-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Name them Nish HAS TO BE FIRST OUT

That'll be your opinion then :wink:

In terms of what they contribute to the team I'd put Rankin and Stevenson ahead of Nish on the list of who should be leaving and that's to name but two

latapy10
25-10-2010, 09:08 PM

In terms of what they contribute to the team I'd put Rankin and Stevenson ahead of Nish on the list of who should be leaving and that's to name but twoMaybe up front instead of nish would be a good shout at least until jan:agree:

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 09:16 PM

In terms of what they contribute to the team I'd put Rankin and Stevenson ahead of Nish on the list of who should be leaving and that's to name but two

Can i throw in Hogg too? Id get rid of Hogg Rankin and Stevenson before Nish, although I'd be happy as a sand boy if all four left at the end of this season. Oh and Smith.

Jonnyboy
25-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Can i throw in Hogg too? Id get rid of Hogg Rankin and Stevenson before Nish, although I'd be happy as a sand boy if all four left at the end of this season. Oh and Smith.

I did say to name but two :wink:

Jonnyboy
25-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Maybe up front instead of nish would be a good shout at least until jan:agree:

So you reckon Rankin and/or Stevenson should play centre forward? Jeezo

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I did say to name but two :wink:

John i dont have to stop there. :greengrin

Tony1962
25-10-2010, 09:33 PM

While I agree that having him sidelined for a few weeks would be no great loss and I would not give him another contract. I think ur statement is a bit strong. What ever we think about his football abilties no one can deny he gives hibs 100% and words like that are not warranted for :bitchy:

3pm
How depressing.

Dirkster23
Thats because you never read my post! My stats are games started not appearances. You will notice that for players like dobbie, 35 of his 45 appearances were from the bench! that means that 35 of the 45 games you include could have been 5 mins each, hardly fair.

I took out substitute appearances from every player to even things out, which made nearly everyone better including Nish, bumping him him up to a goal every 3 games from a goal every 4 games.

If you feel that a goal every 4 games is good enough your expectations of hibs must be very low. A goal every 4 games means that he wont even break 10 SPL goals in a season and thats if he plays every game which will be unlike Colin as he does get suspended.

If you want to use appearances then the following players outwith the old firm and hibs have had/have a better ratio than him.

Lee Miller: Hearts
Paul Hartley: Hearts
Velicka: Hearts
Skacel: Hearts
Sutton: Motherwell
Jutkiewicz: Motherwell
Porter: Motherwell
Daly: Dundee Utd
Hunt: Dundee Utd
Boyd: Kilmarnock
Sandaza: Dundee Utd
Stokes: Falkirk
Dargo: ICT
Lovell: Aberdeen

Probably a lot more than that in the last 5 years.

Where do you stop filtering things out? We going to remove penalty and free kick takers? Give guys that were asked to play the link role between midfield and attack 1.5 per goal because they've not been used as an out and out striker:wink:

1 goal in every 3/4 games, still can't see that being a problem for a player of his ability. He scored 9 goals in 23 league games started last season, that really not good enough for you? bearing in mind the role he had in the team?

TBH i'd be more worried about our midfilders who don't seem to score at all!

A quick look at wiki for some of the players you've listed show averages around the 3 mark for them.

You've also included players that were on loan to clubs from teams like Arsenal, Everton and Marseille, hardly fair on Colin :wink:

Jonnyboy
25-10-2010, 09:36 PM
John i dont have to stop there. :greengrin

:greengrin

Jonnyboy
25-10-2010, 09:37 PM
While I agree that having him sidelined for a few weeks would be no great loss and I would not give him another contract. I think ur statement is a bit strong. What ever we think about his football abilties no one can deny he gives hibs 100% and words like that are not warranted for :bitchy:

Thankfully he's been booted for this outrageous statement Tony :agree:

basehibby
25-10-2010, 10:25 PM
the man.

:clapper::clapper::clapper: Gawn the Nishy - Haste ye back and score us another hatrick :not worth

HFC 0-7
25-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Where do you stop filtering things out? We going to remove penalty and free kick takers? Give guys that were asked to play the link role between midfield and attack 1.5 per goal because they've not been used as an out and out striker:wink:

1 goal in every 3/4 games, still can't see that being a problem for a player of his ability. He scored 9 goals in 23 league games started last season, that really not good enough for you? bearing in mind the role he had in the team?

TBH i'd be more worried about our midfilders who don't seem to score at all!

A quick look at wiki for some of the players you've listed show averages around the 3 mark for them.

You've also included players that were on loan to clubs from teams like Arsenal, Everton and Marseille, hardly fair on Colin :wink:

Well the list I just gave you which had 14 players outwith the old firm and hibs that had better ratios than Nish. these were based on the same things as you based your Nish stat of 3.9 games per goal. Yes they all average around the 3 mark, unfortunately Nish average around the 4 mark which makes them better goalscorers. You wanted stats and you got them, I listed 14 players with better goalscoring records, now you are clutching at straws saying that he is only a wee bit behind the rest.

Fact is he just isnt good enough, compare him to the likes of John Sutton at motherwell and you will see how far behind Nish is.

People always say things like, 'we know he has limited ability etc etc'. Chris Killen wasnt the most gifted footballer IMO but he still had a great scoring record for hibs because he done the easy things well and was in the correct positions for a footballing type like Nish. His record was 19 goals in 32 games. If you have ambition for Hibs you will be looking for players like Killen at the club, non nonsense types that do the job well.

So what if I have included players that were on loan from other team! Can Hibs not do that? Maybe thats the problem, we settle for our own players which are worse than some of the players we could get on loan from big clubs. Motherwell go out and get Jutkiwicz on loan for a season and does a great job, we stick with big Nishy who does a less than average job IMO, doesnt make sense!

Danderhall Hibs
25-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Lies damned lies and statistics. Of course if you take the last 13 competitive games it's 6 goals isn't it? Better than golden boy Riordan...

Are you claiming Nish brings more to the table than Riordan does?

Albion Hibs
25-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I know defenders should defend first, and on Saturday we defended very poorly. Yet when they scored first it was because their forward was accurate with his shot, the one on one like Nish had. Colin was just unlucky. :yawn: If you want to start a thread on Hogg and Hanlon as Full backs, i will glady comment on their shocking defending on Saturday.

The best strikers in the world miss chances, but the team behind them continue to give them chances, at the same time as keeping the other team off the score sheet. Fact of the matter is after 15 or so mins on Saturday I was happy to be braving the cold, and despite being sceptical about the team sheet we played well and I thought we had a chance of taking all three points.

We are not going to agree on this, its not just Saturday we defended poorly, but every game so far this season. Across the board we have scored a reasonable number of goals, but simply put we will not win a game for the rest of this season unless we stop giving goals away, fact of the matter is I dont think there has been a game so far this year when we have not conceded.

I am starting to think a clean sheet would feel almost as good as winning a game by 5 goals!

If Nish is not available this weekend I guess we will get a chance to see what we are missing when he is not there.

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 11:11 PM
The best strikers in the world miss chances, but the team behind them continue to give them chances, at the same time as keeping the other team off the score sheet. Fact of the matter is after 15 or so mins on Saturday I was happy to be braving the cold, and despite being sceptical about the team sheet we played well and I thought we had a chance of taking all three points.

We are not going to agree on this, its not just Saturday we defended poorly, but every game so far this season. Across the board we have scored a reasonable number of goals, but simply put we will not win a game for the rest of this season unless we stop giving goals away, fact of the matter is I dont think there has been a game so far this year when we have not conceded.

I am starting to think a clean sheet would feel almost as good as winning a game by 5 goals!

If Nish is not available this weekend I guess we will get a chance to see what we are missing when he is not there.

True we wont agree on this.:agree: We wont win many games if we dont score either, and 9 goals so far is not enough, How many has Nish scored of these 9? If nish is missing this weekend, we will miss his ability to score once the game is lost, but probably miss a few while the game was there for the taking.:boo hoo:

Liberal Hibby
25-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Are you claiming Nish brings more to the table than Riordan does?

No - I'm pointing out that it is entirely arbitrary to take the one goal in 11 games and ignore the five in two. Nish is the sixth top SPL scorer of all time - the guy who probably more than anyone got us into Europe at the end of last season and who sometimes outshines Riordan.

But you'd think he was a Konte like huddy (who incidently also scored a goal that helped us into Europe) from a significant proportion of posters on this site.

brydekirk
25-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Isn't it rather ironic that it's first time in god knows how long that Nishy manages to leap for a header properly and score a good goal, but then injures himself due to an awkward landing!

Anyway a guy who only scores 1 goal in 11 competitive matches is no big loss however, so we may as well give the big Lith some game time to get him up to speed!
I will now finish off on my ironic theme by saying, wouldn't it be ****in hilarious if big Trakys managed to score the winner against the yams in our next home match.:lolyam:

:agree: the only reason he is injured is for once in his life he never landed on his arse, end off :agree:

capitalhibee
25-10-2010, 11:56 PM
No - I'm pointing out that it is entirely arbitrary to take the one goal in 11 games and ignore the five in two. Nish is the sixth top SPL scorer of all time - the guy who probably more than anyone got us into Europe at the end of last season and who sometimes outshines Riordan.

But you'd think he was a Konte like huddy (who incidently also scored a goal that helped us into Europe) from a significant proportion of posters on this site.

he is 10th is he no

Tony1962
26-10-2010, 05:38 AM
Thankfully he's been booted for this outrageous statement Tony :agree:

I was that incensed when I read the post never noticed 'left by mutual consent' well done admins.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2010, 08:49 AM
:agree: the only reason he is injured is for once in his life he never landed on his arse, end off :agree:

I hear the ankle if fine, but he will miss the game with a Cauliflower arse.

Phil MaGlass
26-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I would definitely keep Nish, I want triers and grafters mixed with a decent smattering of Zemamas and Riordans.
Do you think Yogi still has 10 minutes in him?

proud_and_green
26-10-2010, 12:30 PM
I would definitely keep Nish, I want triers and grafters mixed with a decent smattering of Zemamas and Riordans.
Do you think Yogi still has 10 minutes in him?

I agree, i have said for a long time that what the team lacks is effort. Look at successful teams and you will see its not just about having good players its about having players who work hard for the full 90+ mins. Colin is one of those. Last season we had too many players who stopped working as soon as they crossed the line. Get the work rate right and you're more than half way there.

HFC 0-7
26-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I agree, i have said for a long time that what the team lacks is effort. Look at successful teams and you will see its not just about having good players its about having players who work hard for the full 90+ mins. Colin is one of those. Last season we had too many players who stopped working as soon as they crossed the line. Get the work rate right and you're more than half way there.

Rubbish!

Which manager looks for a duff player and includes him in his team because hw works hard?

You look at succesfull team, you will see that they have good players and excellent players, some of the good players will be excellent grafters but they are still good.

It really shows how long Hibs have sunk if some fans think players that arent good but will try should be playing week in week out. Every good player should be trying for 90 mins! Granted you will get the odd exceptional talent that can get away with being a bit lazy. Hibs do not have any exceptional players and therefore everyone should be trying or the full 90 mins. Any hibs player that doesnt try for the full 90 mins should be emptied, I am pretty sure if you asked CC he would tell you the same thing.

I dont think its too much for fans to ask that Hibs have a team of good players that try the full 90 mins.

lEXO
26-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Rubbish!

Which manager looks for a duff player and includes him in his team because hw works hard?

You look at succesfull team, you will see that they have good players and excellent players, some of the good players will be excellent grafters but they are still good.

It really shows how long Hibs have sunk if some fans think players that arent good but will try should be playing week in week out. Every good player should be trying for 90 mins! Granted you will get the odd exceptional talent that can get away with being a bit lazy. Hibs do not have any exceptional players and therefore everyone should be trying or the full 90 mins. Any hibs player that doesnt try for the full 90 mins should be emptied, I am pretty sure if you asked CC he would tell you the same thing.

I dont think its too much for fans to ask that Hibs have a team of good players that try the full 90 mins.
Rubbish. The term you were looking for is "how low". Personally i dont think we have sunk that low with our expectations, some just feel that constant moaning and abuse of individual players is tedious.And if some want to give their view in defence of a player it does,nt make it rubbish because you find it easier to be negative.
Most Hibs fans i know havent lowered their expectations of what they want, but are old enough or realistic enough to know that this is nothing new.We have had better players without a doubt, but we have also had worse players and if you want to be blinkered to that, and post negative stuff most of the time, bash on.
We need to give the team and managers a bit more support vocally as a support and stop being so negative at ER.You never know it might just work.

hibee4life1983
26-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Rankin, theres a worker, tho he is utter pants.

HFC 0-7
26-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Rubbish. The term you were looking for is "how low". Personally i dont think we have sunk that low with our expectations, some just feel that constant moaning and abuse of individual players is tedious.And if some want to give their view in defence of a player it does,nt make it rubbish because you find it easier to be negative.
Most Hibs fans i know havent lowered their expectations of what they want, but are old enough or realistic enough to know that this is nothing new.We have had better players without a doubt, but we have also had worse players and if you want to be blinkered to that, and post negative stuff most of the time, bash on.
We need to give the team and managers a bit more support vocally as a support and stop being so negative at ER.You never know it might just work.

Step off your high horse!

If you read my post the bit I think he was talking rubbish is where he thinks that successful teams have good players with some not good players in it just because they try! The person posting that, IMO, is clutching at straws as they wont admit that certain players just arent good enough regardless of whether they put in a shift or not. My opinion is that unless you are a truly exceptional talent then you shouldnt be allowed to get away with not trying for 90 mins. Rankin puts in more of a shift than Nish and he isnt good enough either. Paddy Cregg used to run about like a headless chicken but wasnt good enough either.

You call me blinkered? You must be the one blinkered to accept just because we have had worse players in the past that we should accept slightly better! If you havent noticed, this is a forum and not easter road, I always give full support at easter road, although I did boo at the end of games lately.

Re the bit in bold, if we accept this sort of form and players signing for hibs because its nothing new we will stand still. Sometimes this is what I think is the problem with Hibs, and why we have been consistenly under achievers, some people never raise the expectations, you constantly hear people say, I am used to it after supporting hibs for so many years. Break the mold and expect a bit more! If you are old enough and realistic enough you should know that successful team do not need players the calibre of Nish in the squad.