PDA

View Full Version : Bamba

Mr Jolly
24-10-2010, 10:07 AM
I have been banned from this forum before for daring to criticise this huddie.
A fans favourite !!! Ha this guy is a joke. Tip tapping about.....He is shocking and 1st division player at best. On here, I have read he is world and premiership class !!! What a joke. Almost all goals conceded yesterday, he had a hand in. He has shipped more goals for Hibs than a horse could sh*t.....I am sure calderwood saw yesterday the massive problem is Bamba, who apparently is a trouble maker behind the scenes claiming he is too good for us......:grr:

BroxburnHibee
24-10-2010, 10:16 AM
A fans favourite !!! Ha this guy is a joke. Tip tapping about.....He is shocking and 1st division player at best. On here, I have read he is world and premiership class !!! What a joke. Almost all goals conceded yesterday, he had a hand in. He has shipped more goals for Hibs than a horse could sh*t.....I am sure calderwood saw yesterday the massive problem is Bamba, who apparently is a trouble maker behind the scenes claiming he is too good for us......:grr:

I would suggest if you've been banned before then you might want to learn from your mistakes.

Post your opinions by all means but comments like that are IMO, ridiculous.

bingo70
24-10-2010, 10:20 AM

loads of folk criticise Bamba so if youve been banned before it's probably not because you've criticised him and maybe because of other reasons, what those reasons may be i'll let you decide.

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 10:33 AM

I would agree with most of that. He is nowhere near being the defender he thinks he is / his Ivory Coast mates make him think he is! He is so poor at defending set pieces it is embarrasing. Whilst i think he is better than division one I dont think he is any better than championship, plus lets be honest if he was that good someone would have bought him in the transfer window.

I would be tempted to move him into the midfield i.e. his mixu era, that way if he ****s up there is a line of defense behind him.

johnrebus
24-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Have always considered Bamba to be better deployed in midfield.

Having said that, he is just one of many who has no future at ER. If we could get even a couple of hundred thousand for him in January, I'd be surprised.

:pray:

3pm
24-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Have always considered Bamba to be better deployed in midfield.

Having said that, he is just one of many who has no future at ER. If we could get even a couple of hundred thousand for him in January, I'd be surprised.

:pray:

We'll get a lot more than that. Definite Premiership material. Apparently...

As someone else posted, 'he's a legend in his own lunchtime'.

An Leargaidh
24-10-2010, 11:01 AM
That's strange. I was looking at the BBC Sport website earlier today and it says that big Souleymane scored a goal yesterday :confused: I'll phone them up right now and ask them to double check (not).

"I am sure calderwood saw yesterday the massive problem is Bamba", you are sure but have you actually spoken to Colin to ask him if he did see a problem?

"Bamba, who apparently is a trouble maker", according to whom?

These are what Wikipedia calls 'weasel words', i.e. statements which claim to state a matter of fact but under examination have little or no evidence to support them apart from conjecture or heresay. Here is the link to the relevant article:

Wikipedia: 'weasel words' (http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Avoid_weasel_words)

Perhaps you were previously banned for using weasel words rather than just simply banned for targeting one out of the eleven players who were on the pitch yesterday. In saying that the player who, "...has shipped more goals for Hibs than a horse could sh*t..." actually scored more goals than nine of the other players.:dummytit:

Mikey
24-10-2010, 12:25 PM

:hilarious

Aye, so you have. If everyone who criticised Bamba was emptied it would be a pretty quiet place :greengrin

RCNG
24-10-2010, 12:34 PM
He didnt have the best of games yesterday, but some good man management will help, he'll be back to being solid next week at tannadice, i hope. :wink:

Dinkydoo
24-10-2010, 12:35 PM

Not that I remember your previous banning but my guess would be that it was for being a bit of a nugget instead of simply "criticising a fan favourite".

I know this because I've seen the admins on here put up with quite a lot of crap (and yes at times from myself); you have to really overstep the mark to get launched.

southfieldshibby
24-10-2010, 01:45 PM
I really hate to criticise players as we all can have bad days at work, but i do think that Bamba has let the press coverage of moves he mayget, get to his head and thinks he is way better than anyone else.
The fact is that is way better sometimes and far worse other times and i would say that he has the poorest concentration of any player i have seen at easter road (i include Ally Brazil as, although he was poor, it was more to do with lack of basic ability and less to do with concentration).
He is just not dependable at defending.

Dr Jimmy
24-10-2010, 01:53 PM
He gets detached from the rest of the back 4 and seems to cause panic. I hope CC plays him in midfield where he can help protect the defence and can also break out with the ball.

smurf
24-10-2010, 01:56 PM
A very good player who has his head elsewhere. In his head he's left us and its showing in his performances.

Still in the bigger games he tends to raise his game...

For the time remaining I would play him in the midfield holding role.

Dr Jimmy
24-10-2010, 02:02 PM
He gets detached from the rest of the back 4 and seems to cause panic. I hope CC plays him in midfield where he can help protect the defence and can also break out with the ball.

Sir David Gray
24-10-2010, 02:04 PM
IMO, Bamba's passing isn't good enough for him to play in midfield.

truehibernian
24-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Sol had a very poor game yesterday however to blame him for the four goals is for me astounding.

First goal was a break up field, fast counter attack, exploiting the fact we had a left back up the other end of the pitch and the only player tracking back was Liam Miller. Also IMHO, Brown was slow to go down.

Second goal, Dickoh missed a header by getting in front of his man, then Hanlon skewed a horrible clearance into the air, and then Lewis failed to even jump for the loose ball. The deflection off Sol was just the end in a catalogue of errors that could have been prevented.

Third goal again had Hanlon and Dickoh ball watching, and Hogg in no mans land again.

Fourth goal proves, for me, why Chris Hogg should never be at Hibernian. Slow, ponderous, jogs back into position, and lunges in the box. To say it was a lazy challenge was an understatement, and I said the day before if Hogg was playing at RB, we would be exposed by the pace of Aluko, Maguire and Mackie.

Proof for me that Sol didn't really have a hand in all goals, and that we as a unit are pedestrian, slow, flat and square at the back, and have absolutely no leadership through the spine of the team.

For me this result, in a preverse way, is a watershed moment for CC. Had we scraped a draw with that kind of level of effort, he may have been fooled. CC seems to me, unlike Yogi, a manager who will not wrap the team up in cotton wool behind the scenes. He will have them drilled and making sure they play as a unit. It also exposed Nish, Hogg, Rankin and McBride as poor players at this level.

Relegation battle is my main fear, and if we can get enough points for safety this season, I will be happy and hopeful that CC can mould a team that is fit, able, skilful and more direct.

Wotherspiniesta
24-10-2010, 02:08 PM

Say that again :greengrin

I agree though, think he'd be much more effective playing DM and breaking up play. :agree:

essexhibee
24-10-2010, 02:08 PM
IMO, Bamba's passing isn't good enough for him to play in midfield.

That and the fact it takes him four and a half hours to turn round with the ball.

Dinkydoo
24-10-2010, 03:19 PM
You would like to think so as that would be the fair and reasonable way for admins to use their authority.I've met a few.. And they all seem what I would describe as "good sorts"
There are a couple I've been in the company of briefly who weren't aware of who I am and IMO they were/are also good guys.
Hey.. But the best of us can make the odd bad call! :greengrin

Don't get me wrong, I've been launched from sites before by admins who were total and utter wind up merchants; that married with the fact that I used to be an immature wee s**t meant I didn't last very long on 606 Mysport for example.

Just wanted to point out to the OP that throughout the year I've been posting on here I've never really came across any "banning" that seemed unfair - not that I've seen many tbf.

Liam89
24-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Is "Put Bamba in midfield" going to be this seasons "Get Riordan up front now!" :confused:

Mr Jolly
25-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Sol had a very poor game yesterday however to blame him for the four goals is for me astounding.

First goal was a break up field, fast counter attack, exploiting the fact we had a left back up the other end of the pitch and the only player tracking back was Liam Miller. Also IMHO, Brown was slow to go down.

Second goal, Dickoh missed a header by getting in front of his man, then Hanlon skewed a horrible clearance into the air, and then Lewis failed to even jump for the loose ball. The deflection off Sol was just the end in a catalogue of errors that could have been prevented.

Third goal again had Hanlon and Dickoh ball watching, and Hogg in no mans land again.

Fourth goal proves, for me, why Chris Hogg should never be at Hibernian. Slow, ponderous, jogs back into position, and lunges in the box. To say it was a lazy challenge was an understatement, and I said the day before if Hogg was playing at RB, we would be exposed by the pace of Aluko, Maguire and Mackie.

Proof for me that Sol didn't really have a hand in all goals, and that we as a unit are pedestrian, slow, flat and square at the back, and have absolutely no leadership through the spine of the team.

For me this result, in a preverse way, is a watershed moment for CC. Had we scraped a draw with that kind of level of effort, he may have been fooled. CC seems to me, unlike Yogi, a manager who will not wrap the team up in cotton wool behind the scenes. He will have them drilled and making sure they play as a unit. It also exposed Nish, Hogg, Rankin and McBride as poor players at this level.

Relegation battle is my main fear, and if we can get enough points for safety this season, I will be happy and hopeful that CC can mould a team that is fit, able, skilful and more direct.

Are you having a laugh?.....

Holmesdale Hibs
25-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Bamba is big and strong which, combined with a decent amount of ability, will go a long way in the SPL. He's an above avergae SPL player but nowhere near the premiership. Bamba vs Drogba or Torres? :bitchy:

truehibernian
25-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Not having a laugh at all. Just being realistic and giving my assessment. I think your assertion that Sol had a hand in all four goals is so off the mark it's untrue.

No outfield players can claim passmarks at all. Sol however was covering areas where Hogg and Hanlon in particular were negligent and not holding their position. They drifted inside, so we were flat, narrow and not marking.

Sol was poor in both his distribution, and his discipline on not holding his position and directing the defence. In saying that he did have a so called experienced club captain next to him to maybe do that too.

Its all about opinions though.

truehibernian
25-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Not having a laugh at all. Just being realistic and giving my assessment. I think your assertion that Sol had a hand in all four goals is so off the mark it's untrue.

No outfield players can claim passmarks at all. Sol however was covering areas where Hogg and Hanlon in particular were negligent and not holding their position. They drifted inside, so we were flat, narrow and not marking.

Sol was poor in both his distribution, and his discipline on not holding his position and directing the defence. In saying that he did have a so called experienced club captain next to him to maybe do that too.

Mr Jolly
25-10-2010, 09:02 AM

Ha ! In my opinion its Hogg who has had to cover for Bamba so very often. The guy is a dreamer. All I want is a solid centre half who will clear his lines and not tip tap about.....I dread to think what Keven Kyle will do to him !!!!

--------
25-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Ha ! In my opinion its Hogg who has had to cover for Bamba so very often. The guy is a dreamer. All I want is a solid centre half who will clear his lines and not tip tap about.....I dread to think what Keven Kyle will do to him !!!!

You sure you weren't punted for being a Yam? :cool2:

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 09:28 AM

:agree:

Big Frank
25-10-2010, 09:33 AM

:rolleyes:

Let's keep this one.:agree: We can all pretend with him. :agree:

It will be such fun!

Bob1875
25-10-2010, 09:36 AM
As far as I'm concerned the big man has been solid all season in a piss poor team then he has a bad game and idiots are starting threads like this! Why not start in after any of his previous games? Because he's been solid, yet after a bad game you come on here lambasting him. We'll be weaker when he leaves, that says alot.

greenlex
25-10-2010, 10:29 AM
As far as I'm concerned the big man has been solid all season in a piss poor team then he has a bad game and idiots are starting threads like this! Why not start in after any of his previous games? Because he's been solid, yet after a bad game you come on here lambasting him. We'll be weaker when he leaves, that says alot.

it's the hibs fans way Im afraid.
Bamba is not alone either.

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 10:31 AM
it's the hibs fans way Im afraid.
Bamba is not alone either.

Yip, lambast the good players and defend the dross. Its no wonder we get the side our support deserve.

Albion Hibs
25-10-2010, 12:23 PM

I agree with what you say about starting threads after a bad game and not after a good to an extent, as I think generally when a player does play it is recognised in a thread somewhere. But many of our players are subjected to that week in week out.

With regards to him being solid, I will disagree and strongly at that. Having frozen my nuts off at the weekend I can say he was terrible, I did not make the trip to St J as I was on holiday, but say him out for a Sunday jog for there second. Since minute one of the season he has been well off the boil, after doing his no show for the first European game he was at fault for the home leg which effectively killed us off. I think being honest he is perhaps trying to hard, or alternatively has chucked it to an extent. He clearly does not want to be at hibs and I dont particularly want him as CH.

Given his recent form I would rather have him in midfield, albeit I dont think he would play there.

As for being weaker when he leaves, I really dont think so.

AndersonGGTTH
25-10-2010, 01:39 PM

How Can you say this , i have been to every home and away game this season and he is been quite comfortably one of the few bests . He had a shocker in Aberdeen but still came away with a meaningless goal:wink:

jonny
25-10-2010, 01:49 PM

How many games have you been to or seen this season?

I don't think I'll be in the minority when I say that so far over the course of this season Bamba as been one of the better performers.
No doubt he had a poor game on Saturday (he did still get a goal though) but I think that he has been very solid in most of our games. No strikers have gotten much change out of him and more often than not his tackling has been excellent. I'm sure if the previous threads for player ratings from this season were to be looked at Bamba would certainly have more 7's and 8's than anything else.
To say that he is a "joke" or "shocking" is IMO crazy. No player is beyond criticism and Bamba will be aware that he didn't play very well on Saturday but I think that your comments are over the top.

HibbyAndy
25-10-2010, 01:57 PM

Is this the guy the dumbos compared to Drogba? :hilarious

Kyle must be due an injury is he not? plays 4 games then out for 5 kinda guy .

Hearts should be more wary of Riordan than Hibs should be of some half baked ugly inbred Jambo twat.

Jack
25-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Sol was crap on Saturday, from what I could see on the telly.

However he normally puts in MOTM, or near MOTM, performances. God knows what would have happened in the tail end of last season if we didn’t have him!!!

Hold on a minute, he was missing for great chunks after Christmas. :hmmm:

Jonnyboy
25-10-2010, 07:13 PM

Aye, so you have. If everyone who criticised Bamba was emptied it would be a pretty quiet place :greengrin

Chuck in the Nish detractors and we're talking :tumble: :greengrin