PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale changes for Dundee United

Diclonius
23-10-2010, 11:48 PM
I was at the game today and the performance was nothing short of horrendous. There were players in there who should be nowhere near the first team - here is what I would do to assemble a decent team against United.

Hogg out - Hart in. A right back playing at right back, seems simple enough?

Dickoh out - Grounds in. His performances since signing have not inspired to say the least and I would move Hanlon to centre back permenantly, as he actually has a track record there. Grounds can go in at left back.

Rankin out - Galbraith in. Rankin's technical ability is just not good enough to start in a top 6 side. Danny deserves a start and was by some degree the best of a bad bunch today, being just about the only player who actually got balls into the box.

Stevenson out - Riordan in. Self explanatory. I have no idea why Stevenson was recalled in the first place as he hasn't put in a good performance in years.

Wotherspoon out - de Graaf in. David is both exhausted and suffering from extremely low confidence right now. Let's give him a rest. Whilst de Graaf may have missed a few sitters, he offers a physical presence in midfield unlike anyone today and does get into goalscoring positions.

Nish out - Trakys in. Nish is simply not consistant enough and I saw enough from Trakys to suggest he might be a little more composed and less cumbersome on the ball. Let's give him a go.

This would give us a team of:

Brown

Hart Bamba Hanlon Grounds

de Graaf Miller McBride Galbraith

Trakys Riordan

What would your team be?

500miles
23-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Hopefully with any knocks picked up today recovered from....

.................Brown
Hart....Hogg.........Hanlon...Murray
W'Spoon...Bamba.Miller.Rankin
..........Riordan......Nish

The knocks we picked up seemed pretty sore at the time, so I don't hold out too much hope for Nish and Wotherspoon to be back next week, so....

......................Brown
Hart..........Hogg.........Hanlon....Stevenson
...............Bamba......Murray
...DeGraaf..........Miller.........Rankin
.....................Riordan

The Harp Awakes
24-10-2010, 12:10 AM
I was at the game today and the performance was nothing short of horrendous. There were players in there who should be nowhere near the first team - here is what I would do to assemble a decent team against United.

Dickoh out - Grounds in. His performances since signing have not inspired to say the least and I would move Hanlon to centre back permenantly, as he actually has a track record there. Grounds can go in at left back.

Rankin out - Galbraith in. Rankin's technical ability is just not good enough to start in a top 6 side. Danny deserves a start and was by some degree the best of a bad bunch today, being just about the only player who actually got balls into the box.

Stevenson out - Riordan in. Self explanatory. I have no idea why Stevenson was recalled in the first place as he hasn't put in a good performance in years.

Wotherspoon out - de Graaf in. David is both exhausted and suffering from extremely low confidence right now. Let's give him a rest. Whilst de Graaf may have missed a few sitters, he offers a physical presence in midfield unlike anyone today and does get into goalscoring positions.

Nish out - Trakys in. Nish is simply not consistant enough and I saw enough from Trakys to suggest he might be a little more composed and less cumbersome on the ball. Let's give him a go.

Brown

Trakys Riordan

What would your team be?

Pretty much agree with your team except that my first impressions of Trakys were not as favourable as your own. 30 mins on the pitch is certainly no time to make judgements but I'm not encouraged by his journeyman pedigree or his efforts today when he came on. Looked out of his depth in a poor SPL game.

plhibs
24-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Brown

Harte Hogg Hanlon Grounds

Degraf Bamba Murray Galbraithe

Trackays Deeks

Best i can think of, not sure about spelling.:greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
24-10-2010, 01:10 AM
Wholesale changes needed.

Brown

Hart Stephens Hanlon Murray

Bamba

Wotherspoon De Graaf Currie Galbraith

Riordan

Bench: Stack Hogg Stevenson Miller McBride Nish Crawford/Horner.

Our squad consists of journeymen, losers, and youngsters. Time to give the latter a chance. Could it really be any worse than what happened today?

PISTOL1875
24-10-2010, 01:46 AM

Brown

Trakys Riordan

What would your team be?

Are you sure you were at the game ????

The_Horde
24-10-2010, 02:16 AM
Brown (stack if fit, for me)

Hart Hogg Bamba Grounds

.....Miller Murray Rankin

De Graaf...........Riordan
..............Nish (Trakys if Nish is still hurt)

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 02:28 AM

Hogg out - Hart in. A right back playing at right back, seems simple enough? Agreed

Dickoh out - Grounds in. His performances since signing have not inspired to say the least and I would move Hanlon to centre back permenantly, as he actually has a track record there. Grounds can go in at left back. Agreed, think he would do well in this position.

Rankin out - Galbraith in. Rankin's technical ability is just not good enough to start in a top 6 side. Danny deserves a start and was by some degree the best of a bad bunch today, being just about the only player who actually got balls into the box. Not so sure, Danny did the square root of nothing today. Like you I made the journey, his performance was as poor as the worst of them today.

Stevenson out - Riordan in. Self explanatory. I have no idea why Stevenson was recalled in the first place as he hasn't put in a good performance in years. Riordan in, yes, Stevenson out? He was busting a gut today, if nothing else he at least showed he knows he does not have many chances left but is willing to take what he can.

Wotherspoon out - de Graaf in. David is both exhausted and suffering from extremely low confidence right now. Let's give him a rest. Whilst de Graaf may have missed a few sitters, he offers a physical presence in midfield unlike anyone today and does get into goalscoring positions. I dont know the score with Wotherspoon, we have been making confidence excuses for long enough now, part of me simply thinks he is not good enough. Would play Rankin over him.

Nish out - Trakys in. Nish is simply not consistant enough and I saw enough from Trakys to suggest he might be a little more composed and less cumbersome on the ball. Let's give him a go. Dont agree, thought Nish was one of our better players today, in fact, probably the best. Unlucky not to score right before there first worked hard all day, got his goal. One of the only players that looked like they were playing for the new manager.

Brown

Trakys Riordan

What would your team be?

My team would be;

Brown

Hart / Hanlon / Grounds / Murray

De Graff / Bamba / Miller / Rankin

Nish / Riordan

If Murray is fit there is no question he shoud be starting for us. He will give a bit of fight. Bamba has lost it at CH and becoming even more of a nightmare, in midfiled he can break up and we all dont have to sit there worrying about what he is going to do / miss next.