PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Adam (NHC)

The Harp Awakes
23-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Another Scotland standard performance from CA today at Birmingham.

If he's Scotland standard then we'll wait 50 years for the next finals of a tournie:boo hoo:

3pm
23-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Scotland's problems are deeper routed than whether Charlie Adam gets a game or not!

The Harp Awakes
23-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Scotland's problems are deeper routed than whether Charlie Adam gets a game or not!

I agree with you, but there were many on here after the last Scotland game foaming at the mouth on how good CA was. A sad reflection on how bad Scotland have become IMO.

CB_NO3
24-10-2010, 06:51 AM
To be fair to Adam, he was class against City last week, they could not handle him.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 09:00 AM
To be fair to Adam, he was class against City last week, they could not handle him.

:agree: And the best Scottish player against Spain.

Phil MaGlass
24-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Apart from the goal he was responsible for I thought his game was above average.
He has come on leaps and bounds since leavin der hun. You cant have man of the match every week.

essexhibee
24-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Since leaving the huns hes been a different player, maybe played poorley last week but against man city he ran the show. Dont forget the millions in their midfield.

Its a farce hes not a starter for scotland. But then its craig levein.

Andy74
24-10-2010, 09:48 AM
One mistake. He's been brilliant so far this season for them. How we could do with someone spraying a ball 50 or 60 yards like that all game.

shagpile
24-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Another Scotland standard performance from CA today at Birmingham. :na na:

If he's Scotland standard then we'll wait 50 years for the next finals of a tournie:boo hoo:

The guy makes things happen. Sometimes he tries too hard to make things happen[like yesterday]. But,
I'd rather have Adam trying something different than the likes of ferguson passing the ball square all the time.

talking_wiss
24-10-2010, 10:38 AM

Captain of a prem team, voted into the championship team of the year, player of the year at his club, best scotland player against spain, roundly regarded as the best player against man city. He ain't Xavi but it's a bit odd bemoaning a poor performance by him when he's one of Scotland's best talents the now!

CA or no CA it probably will be 50 years till the next appearance at a tournie

Dunbar Hibee
24-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Players are aloud to have the odd bad game you know. Even though from what I heard Adam did not have a bad game yesterday...

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:04 PM

I take it that this is the only game you have ever watched him in for 90 minutes in the last year cos I watched him run the show against Man City last week. I hate people that jusge people on tv highlights. Who would you rather have? Scott Brown and Fletcher? If I also remember rightly, he came on and completely changed the game against Spain. Anyway, should we not be worrying about the squad of muppets we have? Id take Adam at Hibs any day.

The Harp Awakes
24-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I take it that this is the only game you have ever watched him in for 90 minutes in the last year cos I watched him run the show against Man City last week. I hate people that jusge people on tv highlights. Who would you rather have? Scott Brown and Fletcher? If I also remember rightly, he came on and completely changed the game against Spain. Anyway, should we not be worrying about the squad of muppets we have? Id take Adam at Hibs any day.

Well I'm not a Blackpool fan and certainly don't see 90 minutes of Blackpool's game every week so I can only base an opinion on wht I've seen on TV. I agree CA has talent, but for me he is a lazy player who lacks application and that is probably one of the main reasons he was released from Rangers.

Although a different type of player, I do not think he has any greater technical ability than Derek Riordan and I do not see why CA warrants a place before Derek especially when his work rate is equally, if not more questionable.

squire
24-10-2010, 03:40 PM
nearly wet myself when the MOTD commentator said "Adam doesn't have much to smile about today" :greengrin classic!

skipster7
24-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Players are aloud to have the odd bad game you know. Even though from what I heard Adam did not have a bad game yesterday...
GIRLS ALOUD ?:wink:

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Well I'm not a Blackpool fan and certainly don't see 90 minutes of Blackpool's game every week so I can only base an opinion on wht I've seen on TV. I agree CA has talent, but for me he is a lazy player who lacks application and that is probably one of the main reasons he was released from Rangers.

Although a different type of player, I do not think he has any greater technical ability than Derek Riordan and I do not see why CA warrants a place before Derek especially when his work rate is equally, if not more questionable.

1 deek aint in the premiership running the show against the likes of man c and 2 they are a completely different position and in his position I would start him judging on current form. I hate Levein dont get me wrong and I dont know what Deek has to do to get a game but you cant even compare the 2 players. I doubt deek will ever play for scotland unless there are some major injuries, I think unfortuanately for him some people just dont want him around there squad because of things that have happened in the past and of course the fact hes not linked to Rangers Hearts or Dundee Utd.

tamig
24-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Another Scotland standard performance from CA today at Birmingham.

Get a grip man. That's his first really bad performance this season. Bet you've just been waiting for it coming along so you could rubbish him eh? Everyone's entitled to the odd poor display. :bitchy: