PDA

View Full Version : Who Picked THAT Back 4?

The Harp Awakes
23-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Alistair Stevenson, Gareth Evans, CC, RP?

Whoever it was I hope they realise that they made a total b@lls up today which cost us the points. Hogg was ripped up for @rsepaper at RB last week against a poor Killie team. Hanlon is a CB NOT a LB. Why were Hart and Grounds not in the team as full backs? Why was Stevenson in the team at all.

Inexplicable.

monktonharp
23-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I missed the game today,but when my mate was telling me the back 4,my rerply was very similar to yours. he added a few explisives on Dichoh,and his performance,Bamba etc but I'm sure CC must have gone with assurances of the present backroom staff. hope he susses it out sharpish

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Alistair Stevenson, Gareth Evans, CC, RP?

Whoever it was I hope they realise that they made a total b@lls up today which cost us the points. Hogg was ripped up for @rsepaper at RB last week against a poor Killie team. Hanlon is a CB NOT a LB. Why were Hart and Grounds not in the team as full backs? Why was Stevenson in the team at all.

Inexplicable.

Calderwood will have been advised :faf: by the two numpties Evans and Stevenson. He surely wont pick that 4 again while he's in charge, and hopefully made his mind up he needs a proper No 2 to help him.

Crab apple
23-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Calderwood will have been advised :faf: by the two numpties Evans and Stevenson. He surely wont pick that 4 again while he's in charge, and hopefully made his mind up he needs a proper No 2 to help him.
:agree: I said in an earlierr thread that having four central halves up against pacy attackers in Alouko and McGuire was madness. CC needs someone else to come in and provide advice - preferably someone who knows what our weaknesses are and how to remedy them.

3pm
23-10-2010, 10:58 PM
We'll have a right good go next week.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 10:59 PM
:agree: I said in an earlierr thread that having four central halves up against pacy attackers in Alouko and McGuire was madness. CC needs someone else to come in and provide advice - preferably someone who knows what our weaknesses are and how to remedy them.

:agree:
Last week and today convinced me Evans and Stevenson know nowt about defending or defenders. Anyone who would play Chris Hogg at right back in front of Michael Hart, clearly does not know what they are doing.

Toaods
23-10-2010, 11:05 PM
...then bring Galbraith on in right mid before him.

Gala Foxes
24-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Stevie Wonder?

down-the-slope
24-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Has there ever been a game before with 8 CH's on the pitch :rolleyes:.......only in the SPL

Dunbar Hibee
24-10-2010, 02:00 PM

Two numpties who got us 3 points last week.

matty_f
24-10-2010, 02:05 PM
I haven't had much to do with gareth evans, however I've seen alistair stevenson managing a side on lots of occasions and he is as far removed from being a numpty as you could get. Knows his football inside out and is excellent at setting up his sides.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 02:38 PM
I haven't had much to do with gareth evans, however I've seen alistair stevenson managing a side on lots of occasions and he is as far removed from being a numpty as you could get. Knows his football inside out and is excellent at setting up his sides.

Unless Hart was injured, and i dont think he is, it was a shocking decision to recommend him there. Hanlon Left back, why? He may be good at setting the kids up, but last week and this weeks teams were set up terrible.

matty_f
24-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I agree that the team selections are not what I would have went for, bh, but I don't know who picked the side either. All I was saying is that stevenson is a million miles from being a numpty.

down-the-slope
24-10-2010, 03:02 PM
I agree that the team selections are not what I would have went for, bh, but I don't know who picked the side either. All I was saying is that stevenson is a million miles from being a numpty.
:agree::agree: - he didn't lead the U19's to success without knowing what he is doing...watched enough of their games to see he was a good tactition

Last week we looked shakey.....but we got the points. Who knows how things were decided for yesterday. CC must have seen last weeks match so should have seen some stuff for himself

erin go bragh
24-10-2010, 03:38 PM
hogg will never be a right back [hanlon last week strolled through game at ch]
so why move him to left back? hart hogg or stephens hanlon grounds or murray with bamba in midfield and very good chance we could have took a point at least yesterday :grr:

erin go bragh
24-10-2010, 03:41 PM
:agree::agree: - he didn't lead the U19's to success without knowing what he is doing...watched enough of their games to see he was a good tactition

Last week we looked shakey.....but we got the points. Who knows how things were decided for yesterday. CC must have seen last weeks match so should have seen some stuff for himself
if calderwood watched last weeks game and still played hogg right back were up **** creek without a paddle[hogg makes thicot look a good right back ffs:grr:

Stew the Hibee
24-10-2010, 03:53 PM

Surely he would have been at the newcastle game?

MB62
25-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Although I don't actually know, my opinion is that Saturday's team was probably selected by Evans & Stevenson. I would imagine that it was still a bit too early for Calderwood to pick his own line up, but this will need to happen sooner rather than later as we need him to start influencing tactics as much as anything else.

We started the game with four centre half's strung along the back, and a laddie in midfield who had played left back the previous week. We had a right back and left back on the bench and if they are not good enough to claim their positions against that competition then we should send them packing immediately. Personally though, I would have had both of them playing on Saturday. OK Hogg scored a double the week before but that was never going to happen again.

Saturday's score was a shocker, but if Nish, who could easily have had a first half hat-trick and Rankin had taken their chances, the scoreline might have been very different.

Roll on January 1st as drastic changes are needed to this squad.