PDA

View Full Version : Our 'support'

Kevvy1875
23-10-2010, 09:57 PM
All you fella's and lasses who go week in and week out and support the team no matter what....top marks to you all! The club needs you and you deserve better.

The rest are the 'support' I refer to(see ' ' comments below.

Sick to the back teeth of logging on this site and seeing negative pish every day. Yeh we are poor but some of the negativity is ridiculous. Its putting me right off. Posters aiming personal abuse at each other because they dont agree with another opinion, people mocking managers and players instead of supporting them. IE, Mixu 'Our manager' Hogg 'our captain' Yogi 'Bufoon' Nish 'Clown'.

The general air of negativity on here is being transmitted into every day conversations and on to the terraces at ER. Making the whole experience of supporting Hibs a bit dour IMO.

All I can say is in my time supporting Hibs i have seen occasions where we have have been up against it at ER and then the crowd get behind the team and we pull a result out. This ability seems to have deserted us and its because of the general feeling of negativity that surrounds Hibs these days IMO.

I fully expect to be slated here and mocked as after all there is a certain element on here that love this sort of thing and can pick up on it and have a go.

Signing off .net for a while, had enough of it. Also had enough of you idiots who use the net to have a go at people even if it is a fellow hibee. Keyboard warriors.

disclaimer:Most of you fellas on .net are good guys and supporters and credit to you.

Rant over. Hibs till I die!

Hiber-nation
23-10-2010, 10:04 PM
All I can say is in my time supporting Hibs i have seen occasions where we have have been up against it at ER and then the crowd get behind the team and we pull a result out. This ability seems to have deserted us and its because of the general feeling of negativity that surrounds Hibs these days IMO.

But these occasions were probably when we were right in a real relegation battle. The fans are unhappy at the prospect of one, and who can blame us!!

Expecting Rain
23-10-2010, 10:09 PM
All you fella's and lasses who go week in and week out and support the team no matter what....top marks to you all! The club needs you and you deserve better.

Sick to the back teeth of logging on this site and seeing negative pish every day. Yeh we are poor but some of the negativity is ridiculous. Its putting me right off. Posters aiming personal abuse at each other because they dont agree with another opinion, people mocking managers and players instead of supporting them. IE, Mixu 'Our manager' Hogg 'our captain' Yogi 'Bufoon' Nish 'Clown'.

The general air of negativity on here is being transmitted into every day conversations and on to the terraces at ER. Making the whole experience of supporting Hibs a bit dour IMO.

I fully expect to be slated here and mocked as after all there is a certain element on here that love this sort of thing and can pick up on it and have a go.

Signing off .net for a while, had enough of it. Also had enough of you idiots who use the net to have a go at people even if it is a fellow hibee. Keyboard warriors.

disclaimer:Most of you fellas on .net are good guys and supporters and credit to you.

I won`t be posting from now on but not because of the negativity but my frustration that some people rate players that never have been and never will be players, then have a go at the FEW decent players we actually have, nobody is immune from criticism but there is a queue at the moment.

matty_f
23-10-2010, 10:11 PM

Appreciate the sentiment behind your post, and as someone who has consistently been labelled a 'happy-clapper' for most of my time on this board, I can hand on heart understand why folk are getting as frustrated as they are just now.

This has been building since the CIS Cup win, you're lucky if we've managed ten really good performances since that game back in 2007.

Now we look like we're heading for a bottom 6 finish, and a potential relegation battle, folk aren't going to be particularly positive about things under these circumstances.

I really hope Calderwood is the man to turn it around, I think he will, but I think we're in for a lot more disappointment this season before he gets the chance to clear out the players that shouldn't be at Hibs.

Dirkster23
23-10-2010, 10:39 PM

Have you just not done the very thing you claim to be sick of :rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
23-10-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm feeling a lot of what the OP is feeling at the moment, some of the reactions towards our manager and board after today's result has been way out of order considering cc had been the job for a whole 5 days!

The general attitude from the fans towards the players and management of the club isn't exactly great with name calling, the kind of name calling towards our players and managers ours RIVALS do.

This does go from the net into the ground as well, one player makes a loose pass and it was unlucky yet another players makes the same error and gets boo'd when his number is up to be subbed.

We have got to the situation when a player gives a giruy gesture to his own support, I used to think hibs fans were one of the better sets of fans for getting behind the club when things were going against us, now it's getting more like a bunch of greetin kids and the toys are out the pram when things don't go our way, ER isn't a fun place to support my team at the moment and the fans are as responsible as the players for the experience.

Tin hat on

Take yer digs :greengrin:

Dinkydoo
23-10-2010, 11:38 PM

If it is only a minority that are carrying on like you describe then why let that get to you and result in "signing off .net for a while"?

The Harp Awakes
24-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Don't like negativity and I agree with the OP that there is far too much negative stuff spouted on this board. The criticism of individual Hibs players is way out of order.

Having said that, Hibernian are certainly one of, if not the biggest underachievers in the Scottish game over the years given the size of Club. How long will this go on and who is to blame? Don't know but the Managerial merry go round in recent years must be a factor. Hopefully RP has got this one right.

SurferRosa
24-10-2010, 12:45 AM

When at ER, u back the players, the team ,the manager,100%. That is after all.."being the 12th man"..it`s what being a supporter is all about.."support"..it`s in the title.!
A messageboard however is different. It`s about opinions, negative or positive. We all have the right to voice it and if you disagree, that`s fine, disagree and make your case. Personal abuse though, which seems to becoming more and more common on the forums, doesn`t help and only serves to ruin interesting threads and good debate. Agree with most of what the OP says though and it`s .nets loss if that poster has lost faith in what the messageboard should be about., opinion, debate and conversation..not abuse and ridicule..That`s me had ma rant.

rossi
24-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Agree completely with the OP. Been going to ER since 1965 and have seen a lot worse Hibs teams than the ones being abused over the past couple of years. I've never felt so depressed about supporting Hibs though.:bye:

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-10-2010, 07:12 AM
We have witnessed poorer sets of players at ER, its the perceived lack of effort/commitment that is the primary cause of peoples anger/frustration on here. Although as the weeks go by I think that peoples earlier in the seasons comments re best squad outside the OF are increasingly wide of the mark!

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 08:56 AM
When at ER, u back the players, the team ,the manager,100%. That is after all.."being the 12th man"..it`s what being a supporter is all about.."support"..it`s in the title.!
A messageboard however is different. It`s about opinions, negative or positive. We all have the right to voice it and if you disagree, that`s fine, disagree and make your case. .

:agree::top marks

Cabbage East
24-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Most of the clowns that come on here and rip the team to pieces every day don't even go to the games. It's the same faces every time, 5000 odd posts in a year or two. That's the extent of these folks support of the team, posting utter pish on a messageboard but never log off the internet for long enough to get their ***** along the road and support the club.

ballengeich
24-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Agree completely with the OP. Been going to ER since 1965 and have seen a lot worse Hibs teams than the ones being abused over the past couple of years. I've never felt so depressed about supporting Hibs though.:bye:

I agree. I've been going nearly as long and feel there's an impatience and intolerance in the crowd that's greater than I can remember before.

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Most of the clowns that come on here and rip the team to pieces every day don't even go to the games. It's the same faces every time, 5000 odd posts in a year or two. That's the extent of these folks support of the team, posting utter pish on a messageboard but never log off the internet for long enough to get their ***** along the road and support the club.

It never ceases to amaze me coming back from a match, to read 13 pages of how pish we are, so and so should gtf, not good enough etc......

If people are that against us, why not just chill out and go shopping instead?

Far too many posters dying to have a pop at Hibs as soon as the possibly can

matty_f
24-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Totally agree with that baldy. some folk on here don't have a positive word to say about hibs.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 09:34 AM

:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Totally agree with that baldy. some folk on here don't have a positive word to say about hibs.

If I was like that Matty, I would seriously question what I was doing wasting my time being a supporter, and take up another interest instead

Phil D. Rolls
24-10-2010, 09:40 AM

Time of the monthe? Missing you already! :bye:

225-EasterRd
24-10-2010, 09:59 AM

:top marks

Spike Mandela
24-10-2010, 11:12 AM

Can't understand why people like you join a messageboard? WTF do you expect?

It's not the negativity on here being transmitted to the terracings it's the other way round Kevvy.

Fifer
24-10-2010, 11:20 AM

We need more people like you at EASTER ROAD :top marks

Springbank
24-10-2010, 12:53 PM

Ok, ok, you win. I've changed my mind and I now officially LOVE mediocrity, insufficient application, poor leadership, men who think they are Premiership shipping goals that are actually English League 2 standard. Rant over?.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Most of these sentiments have their place but I am not overly sure that you can have a proper website if you don't have the moaners and the bampots. It would be a very dull read, if all the posts were positive, and how many times does a wee firework breathe life into a thread that is dying on its' erse? Either way, anyone of us that was at Pittodrie would have been hard pushed so anything positive this morning as that was a very difficult 90 minutes to sit through.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:38 PM

Sorry for having other things to pay for in life

skipster7
24-10-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm feeling a lot of what the OP is feeling at the moment, some of the reactions towards our manager and board after today's result has been way out of order considering cc had been the job for a whole 5 days!

The general attitude from the fans towards the players and management of the club isn't exactly great with name calling, the kind of name calling towards our players and managers ours RIVALS do.

This does go from the net into the ground as well, one player makes a loose pass and it was unlucky yet another players makes the same error and gets boo'd when his number is up to be subbed.

We have got to the situation when a player gives a giruy gesture to his own support, I used to think hibs fans were one of the better sets of fans for getting behind the club when things were going against us, now it's getting more like a bunch of greetin kids and the toys are out the pram when things don't go our way, ER isn't a fun place to support my team at the moment and the fans are as responsible as the players for the experience.

Tin hat on

Take yer digs :greengrin:

EXACTLY:top marks

skipster7
24-10-2010, 03:50 PM
a fine post:top marks

BEEJ
24-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Most of these sentiments have their place but I am not overly sure that you can have a proper website if you don't have the moaners and the bampots. It would be a very dull read, if all the posts were positive, and how many times does a wee firework breathe life into a thread that is dying on its' erse? Either way, anyone of us that was at Pittodrie would have been hard pushed so anything positive this morning as that was a very difficult 90 minutes to sit through.
Well said. :agree:

If you're looking for solace and reassurance after a bad result, this is the last place you should look.

Frogga
24-10-2010, 08:35 PM
I have to admit I've lost a bit of passion for Hibs lately. It won't stop me going to the games as per usual but the negativity surrounding the club saps the enjoyment out of the whole experience.

We really need to get behind whichever players are playing for the team. After all its not the players we support, its the club.