PDA

View Full Version : Everyone ALWAYS breaks their duck................

BroxburnHibee
23-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Against Hibs!

I've seen it countless times over the years as have you all.

Why is everyone so surprised at this result?

I expected it.

Granted losing 4 against Aberdeen is particularly poor - is that why the reaction has been so bad?

matty_f
23-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Against Hibs!

I expected it.

Granted losing 4 against Aberdeen is particularly poor - is that why the reaction has been so bad?

I think the reaction has been bad because it's another let down for us.

IMHO, last week when I sat down in my seat prior to kick off and heard the team, I'll be honest - the thought about turning round and heading home crossed my mind. Players that had been found out over the last season were back in the team and though we won, the performance wasn't that inspiring.

Today, we got what we could just have easily got last week. I am fed up of it - fed up seeing players that can't consistently find a decent pass, or can't go by a man, or can't tackle, or control a ball, or keep the team's shape together, or find space, or make intelligent runs, or cross well, or shoot, or win headers, prevent goals...really fed up of it.

I think Calderwood is going to make a difference. I don't care at the moment if it means we turn into a defensive team for a while in order to get results. At least we'll be something.

What are we at the moment? Attacking? Don't think so? Defensive - well, we've not kept a clean sheet in God only knows how long, so if we're defensive we're absolutely hopeless at it.

Sir David Gray
23-10-2010, 08:49 PM

IMHO, last week when I sat down in my seat prior to kick off and heard the team, I'll be honest - the thought about turning round and heading home crossed my mind. Players that had been found out over the last season were back in the team and though we won, the performance wasn't that inspiring.

Today, we got what we could just have easily got last week. I am fed up of it - fed up seeing players that can't consistently find a decent pass, or can't go by a man, or can't tackle, or control a ball, or keep the team's shape together, or find space, or make intelligent runs, or cross well, or shoot, or win headers, prevent goals...really fed up of it.

I think Calderwood is going to make a difference. I don't care at the moment if it means we turn into a defensive team for a while in order to get results. At least we'll be something.

What are we at the moment? Attacking? Don't think so? Defensive - well, we've not kept a clean sheet in God only knows how long, so if we're defensive we're absolutely hopeless at it.

We've only kept two clean sheets in the league, in almost a year.

RickyS
23-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Against Hibs!

I expected it.

I know what you mean, I always make reference to a team who (like the sheep) had not scored in 5 games or won in 6, its ok its Hibs Next. or a striker who has a barren spell will get his goal against us. there are countless examples of this if I could be bothered to think about it. maybe all fans of all clubs think the same, I don't know

matty_f
23-10-2010, 08:52 PM
We've only kept two clean sheets in the league, in almost a year.

:bitchy: That is horrendous.

Broken Gnome
23-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Agree with Matty, I just want something different. I'd happily take a goalless draw in the derby if it contained an organised defence, a balanced team, an ability to do basic things and some semblance of guys trying to actually do the right thing. The decent bits of football are nowhere near frequent enough to make up for the mistakes and amateurish nature of our play, so there seems little to suggest these players have it in them to play the idealistic way. Neat, strong and sensible will do me for now.

monktonharp
23-10-2010, 10:09 PM
I know what you mean, I always make reference to a team who (like the sheep) had not scored in 5 games or won in 6, its ok its Hibs Next. or a striker who has a barren spell will get his goal against us. there are countless examples of this if I could be bothered to think about it. maybe all fans of all clubs think the same, I don't know Quite true. for some reason,we have a habit of giving a team down on it's luck,a boost by letting them win or their main striker get back into some form or whatever! luck,well that's not really in our vocabulary is it. :grr: it's been like that for as long as I remember.

stubru59
23-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Breaking your duck would suggest fate or the law of averages has done you a favour. You need neither when you play against this lot.

Frank Moon
23-10-2010, 10:56 PM
I agree about the old school being brought in. They were out for a reason and despite the fact that in theory they work hard for the team they are failures. as soon as I heard the team today I thought oh no! No physical presence or stature with limited ability. Sorry it doesn't work and I'm not sure what evans or Stevenson see in them to recommend putting them in.

.Sean.
24-10-2010, 05:29 PM
If there's evera team needing a win, Hibs are the team to play. We're more lke a charity!!

Wish we could play ourselves in the league!

BEEJ
24-10-2010, 07:32 PM

:agree: :top marks

IWasThere2016
24-10-2010, 08:48 PM
As I left the game yesterday, I emailed half a dozen Arabs and advised them to get to Tannadeechee next week for an Arabs goalfest!

In recent months that Well 6, St Johnstone 5, Accies + Sheep + Arabs 4 .. pish in other words!

Liam89
24-10-2010, 08:59 PM
I can only hope that CC comes in, tells the wasters to pluck up their ideas or get shipped out. Our winning run under Hughes seems so long ago now I still don't understand what happened. CC will hopefully bring some stability to the club and keep some more clean sheets!

We can no longer say "Yeah the other teams can score a few against us but we'll just score a few more with deeks and stokes scoring 50+ goals together!"
Nish will not get you goals from nothing which is what you need sometimes when you are 1 or 2 nil down.