And me...:boo hoo:

MGmick
23-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Hibs and Borussia Monchengladbach.
Missed the glory years of both.

Great picker, crap timing. :doh:

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Why would anyone support 2 sides? It hurts bad enough when Hibs get beat. :wink: Although saying that, i dont really mean that anymore. Maybe its age, but getting beat these days in fact does not hurt as much as it used to, anyone else feel the same?

GraniteCityHibs
23-10-2010, 06:23 PM
I suffer from the same affliction! ...Could be worse chaps, Hearts and Portsmouth!? thank God for Jose Mourinho and Real Madrid!

MWHIBBIES
23-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Why would anyone support 2 sides? It hurts bad enough when Hibs get beat. :wink: Although saying that, i dont really mean that anymore. Maybe its age, but getting beat these days in fact does not hurt as much as it used to, anyone else feel the same?Yep i only realy get upset if we lose the derby now.

Alex Trager
23-10-2010, 06:58 PM
I suffer from the same affliction! ...Could be worse chaps, Hearts and Portsmouth!? thank God for Jose Mourinho and Real Madrid!
Btw-nothing to do with your post- but i, from now, hate aberdeen.....One way systems matching if not worse than edinburgh city council's flaws, a temperature that freezes your breath as you speak,***** stadium, over sized busses, but alot of clunge

Dunbar Hibee
23-10-2010, 06:59 PM
What a glory hunter I am! NOT!

Me as well mate... so much stress...

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Yep i only realy get upset if we lose the derby now.

:agree: Yip they still hurt, although living in Blackpool i have never met a yam in 15 years to give me any stick. :thumbsup:

MGmick
23-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Why would anyone support 2 sides? It hurts bad enough when Hibs get beat. :wink: Although saying that, i dont really mean that anymore. Maybe its age, but getting beat these days in fact does not hurt as much as it used to, anyone else feel the same?

Gladbach because when I lived there I had to get a footy fix somewhere. Plus the team at that time were similar to the Tornado's, scored plenty but were a bit untrustworthy at the back and green was a major part of the colour scheme so I could wear my Hibs scarf.

Now that I'm back home they are pretty much only a fond memory and it's just Hibs and barely that if I'm honest. I still care and Hibs doing something well gives me a lot of pride but, apart from the odd game and the occasional good player, we've been mainly rank since about 1975 so I no longer invest much emotion in how we perform.

essexhibee
23-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Hibernian, West Ham (had a season ticket three years running), Southend Fc (season ticket for a season and local teams) .

All lost today. DIRE. UTTER DIRE.

I didnt get to see todays game due to work, im quite glad i didnt now. :grr::boo hoo:

ClewsHibs
23-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Btw-nothing to do with your post- but i, from now, hate aberdeen.....One way systems matching if not worse than edinburgh city council's flaws, a temperature that freezes your breath as you speak,***** stadium, over sized busses, but alot of clunge

:faf::faf:

essexhibee
23-10-2010, 07:57 PM

Get yerself down to essex mate, now thats real clunge. :wink:

Shaaaat upppp!!!

Sauzee 62
24-10-2010, 11:23 AM
I feel your pain mate! Thankfully I've been living in Qatar for the past couple of months so I've missed it all and my newly adopted Qatari team Al Sadd are doing a damn sight better than both of them!

Mon the Wolves!!

.Sean.
24-10-2010, 11:26 AM
I only support Hibs. One thing I don't get is people 'supporting' an English side who they never travel to watch, yet when talking about them say 'we.'

Jones28
24-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I know how you feel :boo hoo::boo hoo:

Purehibee_MYB
24-10-2010, 11:33 AM
I only support Hibs. One thing I don't get is people 'supporting' an English side who they never travel to watch, yet when talking about them say 'we.'

Yeah don't think you can really emulate the same passion if you have never lived in that area really... I support Hibs and only Hibs... There are teams I like to do well such as Arsenal, but if Arsenal lose I am really not bothered in the way I am when Hibs lose... and if Arsenal win a trophy I will never celebrate like I did in 2007

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-10-2010, 12:01 PM
I only support Hibs. One thing I don't get is people 'supporting' an English side who they never travel to watch, yet when talking about them say 'we.'How do you know that for a fact? I've probably been to more Hammers than Hibs games over the last 4 or 5 years as the sheer tediousness of the SPL just got too much to bare! Different grounds, pubs, banter has been quite refreshing.

seanraff07
24-10-2010, 02:00 PM

Hibs and Newcastle, there hasn't been one week this season when both of them have won, pretty dreadful!

John_the_angus_hibby
24-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Me too. Family in Frinton and Clacton were split between the Hammers and Ipswich. Became a Hammer and I saw them quite a few times during 'Arry's era.

El Gubbz
25-10-2010, 10:21 PM

So am I, weird one considering west ham are a similar colour to them

Banff
26-10-2010, 08:55 PM
So am I, weird one considering west ham are a similar colour to them

Completley different! Claret and maroon are two VERY different colours. And I go a few times a season!!

Dunbar Hibee
27-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Completley different! Claret and maroon are two VERY different colours. And I go a few times a season!!

Bang on, ****ing hate people who call West Ham colours 'maroon' !

El Gubbz
27-10-2010, 12:38 PM

I said similar :wink:

ANDY McGEECHAN
27-10-2010, 02:13 PM

Aye me too. First Scottish game Hibs 3-2 Huns 1968 I think.

First English game West Ham 4-1 Norwich, can't remember

the year, but I'm sure Pop Robson scored 3 for the 'ammers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-10-2010, 03:35 PM
I cannae tell you what my 1st Hibs game was, but, I remember my 1st Hammers game being a 6-0 win v Sunderland in the old div2. It was the day before the IRA bomb went off in a boozer next to Stringfellows, we were just round the corner at the time, v weird experience!

NOLA
27-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Hibs, Marseille, Arsenal, in that order for me, was born and raised in the south of France, Marseille the local team, came here when 7, lived in Abbeyhill/ leith now for donkeys years, worked in London for a few years and used to go to highbury. only really get cheesed off when Hibs dont win though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Heading to London for NY was hoping the derby would be moved to Jan 2nd so that I could go to UP for The Hammers v Wolves game. Quinns instead for some fine cuisine and a fine array of top continental beers!

frazeHFC
27-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Hibs, Liverpool and Ross County.......enough said this season :boo hoo:

Gmack7
27-10-2010, 09:32 PM
im a happy hammer tonight:greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
27-10-2010, 10:56 PM
im a happy hammer tonight:greengrin

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lang Toun Hibs
27-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Me too. Family in Frinton and Clacton were split between the Hammers and Ipswich. Became a Hammer and I saw them quite a few times during 'Arry's era.

Football supporters in Frinton?!:cool2: Surely not...

I've also got relations in and around Clacton and spent many a summer holiday with grandparents in Elmstead Market and Kirby Cross...it's a small world! Most of my relatives with an interest in football follow Ipswich so I've always kept an eye on them and Colchester.

sundo1875
28-10-2010, 07:54 PM
good result last night hopefully now hibs can win:thumbsup:

Banff
28-10-2010, 08:46 PM
i said similar :wink:

but they are not!!!

heavy_g
28-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Hibs and Toronto Maple Leafs. We haven't won **** all since 1967!:grr:

GGTTH

London Hibee
29-10-2010, 07:03 PM
I'll be amongst 3,000 other West Ham fans at the Emirates tomorrow, but will spend most of the game checking my phone for updates from Tannadice

I've lived in London now for 22 years (which is longer than I've lived in Scotland :boo hoo: ) and been a West Ham season ticket holder for the last 21 seasons and although I've followed them all over England and through many highs and lows (relegations, promotions, cup-finals, play-off finals etc) they still don't (and never will) mean as much to me as Hibs.

I can take West Ham defeats on the chin, but Hibs defeats hit me in the stomach.

I've realised that my West Ham games are just about the day out and that I only get anywhere near the same level of emotional involvement as with Hibs, when the Hammers are on the verge of winning something like the FA Cup against Liverpool in Cardiff, or on the brink of relegation and thus reducing the quality of my days out

GGTTH & KUMB

HibbyAndy
29-10-2010, 07:06 PM
I'll be amongst 3,000 other West Ham fans at the Emirates tomorrow, but will spend most of the game checking my phone for updates from Tannadice

I've lived in London now for 22 years (which is longer than I've lived in Scotland :boo hoo: ) and been a West Ham season ticket holder for the last 21 seasons and although I've followed them all over England and through many highs and lows (relegations, promotions, cup-finals, play-off finals etc) they still (and never will) mean as much to me as Hibs.

I can take West Ham defeats on the chin, but Hibs defeats hit me in the stomach.

I've realised that my West Ham games are just about the day out and that I only get anywhere near the same level of emotional involvement as with Hibs, when the Hammers are on the verge of winning something like the FA Cup against Liverpool in Cardiff, or on the brink of relegation and thus reducing the quality of my days out

GGTTH & KUMB

Good luck at the Emirates mate :aok:

You will need it :greengrin

poolman
29-10-2010, 07:13 PM
My Hi-Bees and Fortuna Dusseldorf :greengrin

Have a mate in Dusseldorf and was there last year and took in a game so they're "ma 2nd team now :greengrin"

He's also a pal of the one and only Matty Jack, never met him that weekend tho :boo hoo:

Absolutely outstanding stadium FD have, best I have ever been in, also sitting in front row of upper tier drinking draft German beer the whole game and FD won 1-0 :thumbsup:

They're no doing to well this season tho :bitchy:

FromTheCapital
30-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Hibs, 0.1% Celtic (Cause Scott Brown's my Cousin) and Chelsea !

frazeHFC
30-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Hibs, 0.1% Celtic (Cause Scott Brown's my Cousin) and Chelsea !

Still too much of a percentage, no matter the reason :grr:

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Never realised so many fellow Hibees were also Hammers!

Danny_Hibee
30-10-2010, 11:03 AM

Me neither....at least i now know I'm not suffering alone :greengrin

Unfortunately I cant see today being a very good day north or south of the border!

HibbyAndy
30-10-2010, 11:03 AM

Yous will aw be greetin when yous get raped at Arsenal today :devil:

:wink:

Danny_Hibee
30-10-2010, 11:09 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW7B0Gsuw_s

thekaratekid
30-10-2010, 11:10 AM

:agree:

mon the gunners

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Dinnae expect anything from an away game v Arsenal, its results like last Sat that cause the problems. Last away team to win at Highbury and first to win at The Emirates tho!

sundo1875
30-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Bloody man united in the cup

Dunbar Hibee
30-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Dinnae expect anything from an away game v Arsenal, its results like last Sat that cause the problems. Last away team to win at Highbury and first to win at The Emirates tho!

Knowing West Ham it wouldn't suprise me if we did nick a result tho:greengrin Come on you Irons

Wembley67
30-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Surprised the usual suspects haven't been along to shoot down anything not hibs related being posted :wink:

A few guys that I know started following West Ham years ago due to the football casual thing, wonder if there is a quite a few older hibbies that have done the same.

London Hibee
31-10-2010, 11:49 AM
So just as Alex Song celebrated his 88th minute goal for Arsenal, I got a text from my uncle telling me United had scored at Tannadice :grr: