PDA

View Full Version : FAO our website designer.

Jim44
23-10-2010, 05:05 PM
What are the chances of removing and suitably replacing the banner displaying Hughes and Stokes at the top of the page?

Alfred E Newman
23-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Great minds think alike Jim. :agree:

Wotherspiniesta
23-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Feel free to nick my giffy of this guy

|
|
|
V

Mikey
23-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Who else should we be removing? Kenny Miller for being a hun? Mixu for being Killie's manager? The Famous Five for being too old and slow now? The old east stand for having pillars?

Jim44
23-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Who else should we be removing? Kenny Miller for being a hun? Mixu for being Killie's manager? The Famous Five for being too old and slow now? The old east stand for having pillars?

Oh right enough, Hughes and Stokes are deep rooted icons of our club heritage.

Phil D. Rolls
23-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Is the web designer one of the admin pri cks? :greengrin:

Phil MaGlass
23-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Why would we want to remove a guy who played for the club, managed the club and loves the club, from the banner??? Its more guys like Hughes we need on the pitch playing at the club. Aye ah didnae think he was upto the job but he shouldnt be removed just because he didnt succeed???
Oh aye remove Stokes by all means.

Phil MaGlass
23-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Oh right enough, Hughes and Stokes are deep rooted icons of our club heritage.

Hughes is rooted, wether you see it as deep rooted or not is a matter of opinion.

Toaods
24-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Personally, I can't stand the sight of him. Do we have an option to close it for ourselves?

Austinho
24-10-2010, 10:45 AM
What are the chances of removing and suitably replacing the banner displaying Hughes and Stokes at the top of the page?And the horrible grass background...? :duck:

nonshinyfinish
24-10-2010, 10:47 AM
And the horrible grass background...? :duck:

:agree:

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Can the web designer or someone tell me why the word "infractions" comes up beside my user name?

Wilson
24-10-2010, 10:52 AM

Yes to all :agree:

Toaods
24-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Can the web designer or someone tell me why the word "infractions" comes up beside my user name?
It means an admin deemed you to be naughty at some point. welcome to the Infraction Club.

Keith_M
24-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Hughes, as manager, and Stokes are not exactly iconic images of Hibs. They were appropriate last season, when they actually were a manager and player with the club.

I for one don't feel it's apropriate to have a failed manager and a one season striker that couldn't wait to leave for one of the OF on the masthead of the site.

FWIW, I'd have no argument with a picture of Hughes at Hibs in his playing days.

IWasThere2016
24-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Hughes is rooted, wether you see it as deep rooted or not is a matter of opinion.

In the history books :agree:

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 04:55 PM
It means an admin deemed you to be naughty at some point. welcome to the Infraction Club.

Cheers. Terrible decision by the sites refs, I look forward to reading the report that tells me the nature of the offence for which I picked up my first yellow!

Only kidding apologies to the officials if I have broken the rules!

Removed
24-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Cheers. Terrible decision by the sites refs, I look forward to reading the report that tells me the nature of the offence for which I picked up my first yellow!

Only kidding apologies to the officials if I have broken the rules!

I think when you get an infraction you get a pm or email explaining why and too many you get a ban.

Jonnyboy
24-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Don't see the problem really. Hughes is part of our history as is Stokes and as are the many others we see in the banner. Now if it was Harper or Lexo now that would be a different story :wink::greengrin

Removed
24-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Don't see the problem really. Hughes is part of our history as is Stokes and as are the many others we see in the banner. Now if it was Harper or Lexo now that would be a different story :wink::greengrin

:grr: Wee Kevin was one of my favourites

:greengrin

Toaods
24-10-2010, 09:33 PM
nah....Lexo won a trophy and beat a team in Europe...:wink:

CropleyWasGod
24-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Personally, I can't stand the sight of him. Do we have an option to close it for ourselves?

Adblock Plus :agree:

BroxburnHibee
24-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Adblock Plus :agree:

Its no an ad - its a banner :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
24-10-2010, 09:45 PM

It would still work though.

Not that I am advocating using external programs to deprive one of the excellent banners produced by our estimable admin pr..., sorry, team.

Does that get me off the infraction hook? :rolleyes:

Toaods
24-10-2010, 09:47 PM
It would still work though.

Not that I am advocating using external programs to deprive one of the excellent banners produced by our estimable admin pr..., sorry, team.

Does that get me off the infraction hook? :rolleyes:

Give this a wee look...

www.infarctionblock.com (http://www.infarctionblock.com)

Westie1875
24-10-2010, 11:06 PM
I agree about Stokes being removed, but you can't really say Yogi has any less of a link than some of the others who are up there though.

I'd like to see a banner with some of the recent youth, how about that pic of O'Connor & Shiels sitting on the ground at the corner of the pbs celebrating or one of Riordan's many badge kissing moments? :greengrin

.Sean.
24-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Yes, the Deano/O'Connor celebration picture. My favourite Hibs related photae, made even better by that plooky Hertz ***** Gordon sulking in the background.

hibsforeurope
25-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Hughes, as manager, and Stokes are not exactly iconic images of Hibs. They were appropriate last season, when they actually were a manager and player with the club.

I for one don't feel it's apropriate to have a failed manager and a one season striker that couldn't wait to leave for one of the OF on the masthead of the site.

FWIW, I'd have no argument with a picture of Hughes at Hibs in his playing days.
:agree: Hughes as a manager should be replaced with a picture of him as a player, possibly the picture with him lifting the 1st division trophy...if it is not already used.
Stokes should be removed and replaced with, as suggested, pictures players like GOC, DS, DR, etc who have spent longer at the club.

Keith_M
25-10-2010, 10:44 AM

If you use Firefox, you can get rid of any annoying elements on the page with a plugin called RIP (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/521/contribute/roadblock/?src=addondetail).