PDA

View Full Version : CC get Pat Nevin as Assistant

Hibees07
23-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Pat knows what he is talking about.

Just said on Sportscene Results, it's simple, get Bamba in midfield & 2 centre backs behind.:agree:

offshorehibby
23-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Pat Nevin is a very clever guy and a good Hibby. He has never shown any desire to be a coach and holds no coaching badges.

ancienthibby
23-10-2010, 04:27 PM

Just said on Sportscene Results, it's simple, get Bamba in midfield & 2 centre backs behind.:agree:

NURSE, This inmate needs your robust attention!!:agree:

James70
23-10-2010, 04:27 PM
He's certainly too clever to get himself involved with the management team at Hibs and be subjected to pelters from some of the folk on here! :greengrin

heretoday
23-10-2010, 04:34 PM
What does Pat need it for? He sounds like he's having a nice life as it is!

Sir David Gray
23-10-2010, 04:37 PM
I'd really rather not.

I'm sure Pat Nevin is a really nice man but I would not want him employed in a coaching role by Hibs.

discman
23-10-2010, 04:42 PM

joking aside, I am more concerned why cc hasnt identified his own assistant since he was appointed,no manager goes to manage a team on his own,for reasons that are obvious cc needs someone very soon or does rp fancy it? :cool2:

Jim44
23-10-2010, 04:58 PM
joking aside, I am more concerned why cc hasnt identified his own assistant since he was appointed,no manager goes to manage a team on his own,for reasons that are obvious cc needs someone very soon or does rp fancy it? :cool2:

I was a bit disappointed to hear him say that he didn't see any point in getting an assistant as that person wouldn't offer any more than what Evans and Stevenson already do. I think he's wrong here and I hope he brings in someone who can offer whatever it is we need to get us out of the doldrums. Surely four days isn't enough time to make such an important decision.

Phil D. Rolls
23-10-2010, 05:46 PM

So he's a good coach cos he agrees with you? You should put your own name forward! :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
23-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Mibbe RP has told him he cannae get an assistant cos his wages are too high.:greengrin

basil fawlty
23-10-2010, 05:51 PM
I was a bit disappointed to hear him say that he didn't see any point in getting an assistant as that person wouldn't offer any more than what Evans and Stevenson already do. I think he's wrong here and I hope he brings in someone who can offer whatever it is we need to get us out of the doldrums. Surely four days isn't enough time to make such an important decision.
Unless i misread the article he said he might not bring in a scottish based no 2 as evens and stevenson can give him all the spl info but he would bring someone from down south .

Horse
23-10-2010, 09:21 PM
It doesn't take Pat Nevin to point out the problems with players being played in the wrong position - most Hibby's could point out that Bamba strengthens the midfield but is regularly a bombscare when played at Centre Half. I personally think Ian Murray is worth a shot in the centre of defence and it's blatantly obvious that while Riordan is an effective striker he adds nothing to the midfield area, in fact, despite the talk of his "improved workrate" I think he often weakens the midfield due to his lack of hard work. The mystery to me is why successions of Hibs managers persist in playing people in what seem like very strange positions for them. Football is a simple game, it doesn't take a genius to see these things but as Yogi said: "90% of Hibs fans know nothing about football". To the contrary I'd say that 90% of Hibs fans probably have a good knowledge of football and 90% of Hibs managers don't seem to have a clue about the game!

thebakerboy
23-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Have thought that Pat Nevin could be a good addition to the board but not in a coaching position but in a football advisory position to the TACHE.:wink::tin hat:

proud_and_green
23-10-2010, 09:35 PM
I wonder if the Tache would give him a refund on his season ticket if he took on a role with the club?

Hibercelona
23-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I wonder if the Tache would give him a refund on his season ticket if he took on a role with the club?

He would make that offer to him over the phone, then change his mind when Pat arrives at ER for the meeting. :greengrin

New Corrie
23-10-2010, 09:59 PM
What team does he support this week?

Hiber-nation
23-10-2010, 10:00 PM

How utterly utterly predicable :yawn:

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 10:02 PM

He's probably a tim of sorts.

Phil D. Rolls
24-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Have thought that Pat Nevin could be a good addition to the board but not in a coaching position but in a football advisory position to the TACHE.:wink::tin hat:

Why do you say that?

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 02:10 PM

Your as bad as Petrie. I think people just tell him what he wants to hear and he signs them up.

Hibees07
24-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Your as bad as Petrie. I think people just tell him what he wants to hear and he signs them up.

The real point of my thread was simply, here is a guy like us who supports the Hibees, watches from the stands and can CLEARLY see that the midfield is seriously lacking in physical strengh and ball winning ability.

So why could the previous and current coaching staff not address this issue, when the normal punters in the stands notice it week after week.

Keith_M
24-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Mr 'not Celtic minded' comes out with the Celtic supporters comment.

MJN1875
24-10-2010, 04:23 PM
The real point of my thread was simply, here is a guy like us who supports the Hibees, watches from the stands and can CLEARLY see that the midfield is seriously lacking in physical strengh and ball winning ability.

So why could the previous and current coaching staff not address this issue, when the normal punters in the stands notice it week after week.

Thats a question I really cant answer! I sometimes think managers think they are playing Fifa or something some of the things they try with Hibs. Ive scored 10 goals in 10 games with Colin Nish, ken what I mean!

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 05:46 PM

As far as im aware he supports the same team he quite openly speaks about?

And its not the smelly trampy huns with their vile secratarism predictable bigotry songs and utter low life fans that will do me.

proud_and_green
24-10-2010, 07:45 PM

And its not the smelly trampy huns with their vile secratarism predictable bigotry songs and utter low life fans that will do me.

As far as i'm aware, unless he has a double who sits 5 rows down from me in the east, it's the Cabbage he supports!

New Corrie
24-10-2010, 07:58 PM

Well there you go, you know best. I always thought he was a Celtic supporter, just shows you how wrong one can be. Amazing what you learn on here.

marinello59
24-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Well there you go, you know best. I always thought he was a Celtic supporter, just shows you how wrong one can be. Amazing what you learn on here.

So you haven't seen him at ER in the East? Or sitting in among the away Hibs support on regular occasions. :confused:

(Of course that isn't your point is it?)

New Corrie
24-10-2010, 08:40 PM
So you haven't seen him at ER in the East? Or sitting in among the away Hibs support on regular occasions. :confused:

(Of course that isn't your point is it?)

Ive seen him on quite a few occasions at ER, I just don't quite get how you can change the team that you support, whats your thoughts? If you suddenly announced that you were a St Mirren supporter:confused:

Oh, and sorry. what would my point be?

Shrekko
24-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Ive seen him on quite a few occasions at ER, I just don't quite get how you can change the team that you support, whats your thoughts? If you suddenly announced that you were a St Mirren supporter:confused:

Oh, and sorry. what would my point be?

Gie it a break man- just be satisfied yer 'Prods' pumped 'the Papes' today.

Anyone who see's the light about the Old Firm and decides to become a Hibee later in life should be applauded. It's the one's who do the opposite ye need to be concerning yourself with.

You dont like Nevin because he's Catholic- thats all there is in it.

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 08:49 PM

Anyone who see's the light about the Old Firm and decides to become a Hibee later in life should be applauded. It's the one's who do the opposite ye need to be concerning yourself with.

Amen.

New Corrie
24-10-2010, 09:02 PM

This Nevin obsession is amazing, how on earth do you know that he's a Catholic? Have you asked him? What has his religion got to do with anything?

Shrekko
24-10-2010, 09:08 PM
This Nevin obsession is amazing, how on earth do you know that he's a Catholic? Have you asked him? What has his religion got to do with anything?

There's only person with an obsession mate and it's not me.

In my world religion has nothing to do with anything, unlike you who admitted to being a 'bigot' a couple of nights ago.

WindyMiller
24-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Couldnae care if he's a Jedi!
Nevin has an ST and takes his Hibs-daft laddie along, that's enough for me.

New Corrie
24-10-2010, 09:46 PM
There's only person with an obsession mate and it's not me.

In my world religion has nothing to do with anything, unlike you who admitted to being a 'bigot' a couple of nights ago.

As opposed to all the football forum perfect souls who are completely detached from "football fan" reality and have never laughed at a racist joke, made bigotted comments etc etc

See when you are away from message boards and surrounded by football fans in a pub.....do they say things like.....I am concerned about the levels of hoofball, racism, bigotry and nasty comments in football these days???? No they don't. They talk about useless tims/huns etc, then one will pipe up with a text he's recieved about the Pakistani floods or the likes, and everyone will have a chortle.

I am well aware that an internet forum has to have procedure/policing, but in no way do the forums mirror a pub full of football fans, hence me quite happilly admitting that in the eyes of the high n mighty that populate the boards....then yes i'm a bigot!

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 09:56 PM
As opposed to all the football forum perfect souls who are completely detached from "football fan" reality and have never laughed at a racist joke, made bigotted comments etc etc

See when you are away from message boards and surrounded by football fans in a pub.....do they say things like.....I am concerned about the levels of hoofball, racism, bigotry and nasty comments in football these days???? No they don't. They talk about useless tims/huns etc, then one will pipe up with a text he's recieved about the Pakistani floods or the likes, and everyone will have a chortle.

I am well aware that an internet forum has to have procedure/policing, but in no way do the forums mirror a pub full of football fans, hence me quite happilly admitting that in the eyes of the high n mighty that populate the boards....then yes i'm a bigot!

Cheers for admitting, But kent you were anyway.

New Corrie
24-10-2010, 10:01 PM
I think someone having 21 500 posts on a football forum tells more of a story than me with my occasional dubious outbursts,

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I think someone having 21 500 posts on a football forum tells more of a story than me with my occasional dubious outbursts,

Ive always had my doubts bout you.

Your a Hun IMO and basically everyones opinion :cool2:

:bye::bye::bye:

New Corrie
24-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Ive always had my doubts bout you.

Your a Hun IMO and basically everyones opinion :cool2:

:bye::bye::bye:

Everyone's opinion! What, the opinions of people who spend an unhealthy amount of time on message boards, playing with silly smiley icons and pretending to be totally devoid of any dubious opinions.

Ed De Gramo
24-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Everyone's opinion! What, the opinions of people who spend an unhealthy amount of time on message boards, playing with silly smiley icons and pretending to be totally devoid of any dubious opinions.

BIGOT

Bigots like yourself should be banned from football grounds....dragging them down to your gutter like level

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 10:16 PM

Yep they ones :agree:

New Corrie
24-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Yep they ones :agree:

The internet saddo ones, ok then, whatever you say.

21 500 posts paints a very sad tragic picture though, regardless.

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Internet saddos?

If you wanna call me that you will find me in any pub round about easter rd..:cool2:

New Corrie
24-10-2010, 10:24 PM
BIGOT

Bigots like yourself should be banned from football grounds....dragging them down to your gutter like level

Are you that hilarious beans guy?

BroxburnHibee
24-10-2010, 10:26 PM
This thread seems to have strayed a bit off topic :cool2:

Give it a rest eh.

New Corrie
24-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Internet saddos?

If you wanna call me that you will find me in any pub round about easter rd..:cool2:

That is nearly as sad as the amassing of 21500 posts, whats with all the, say it to ma face hard man heroics? chill

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 10:44 PM
That is nearly as sad as the amassing of 21500 posts, whats with all the, say it to ma face hard man heroics? chill

Bedtime for me .

Anything you feel the need to say to my face then feel free :agree:

Im very willing to meet you again Duncan :wink:

Dunbar Hibee
24-10-2010, 11:36 PM

Pathetic :faf: Imagine trying to have a go at someone for their amount of posts on Hibs.net, really sad I must say.

basehibby
25-10-2010, 12:19 AM

Ahem - getting back on topic - Mixu tried Bamba in the sitting role towards the end of his stint didn't he? It worked pretty well at times but often dissipated into a sort of 5-0-5 from what I remember - maybe cos the rest of the midfield would often include the likes of Deeks, Deano (2 proto-forwards) and O'Brien (make that 5-0-4).
It seems a reasonable ruse and maybe Calderwood should give it a go - we've certainly got enough centre backs !

J-C
25-10-2010, 08:22 AM

My son sits next to Pat in the east, I was using his seat at the Killie game, I asked Pat about getting into management or coaching, he said he had no desire to do this, enjoys the pundit stuff and spending time with his family.

matty_f
25-10-2010, 08:47 AM
if bamba could play fifteen yards further forward from where he played under mixu, he'd be a great midfielder.

Hibees07
25-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Agreed, totally wasted at CB. He would seriously worry a few teams with his power and pace in that midfield role. Ian Murray in the holding role for cover.

Phil D. Rolls
25-10-2010, 07:26 PM

That maybe reflects your world, but it doesn't reflect mine.