PDA

View Full Version : Not a happy hibee

mikethehibee69
23-10-2010, 04:11 PM
:grr:Ok Petrie explain yourself why do u sell our best talent persist with the cheap options, sign a manager who has no track record in the SPL another gamble, we have gone through nearly the same amount of managers as the Yams, u then have the aurdacity to ask the fans to buy season tickets and watch the total fraudsters play for my beloved Hibs, I probably will get pelters for this post but enough is enough, PETRIE leave NOW and take those so called footballers with u, play the U19s as they have more soul and pride and would at least try unlike that so called team today, total disgrace to the shirt and the name of Hibernian FC:grr:

NOTE TO every single player today U R not bigger than the team and be grateful in this current econmoic climate you have no money worries, unlike the fans that pay a lot of money to watch their beloved Hibs..............................................

Rant over I am now away for a lie down in a dark room:boo hoo:

Woody70x2
23-10-2010, 04:20 PM
The current Hibs team is rubbish. We are not playing as a unit. It could have been Mourinho or Alex Ferguson managing us today and we would have had the same result.

The damage has been done... it is now a case of improving performance... so there will be a period of transformation before we see any improvements. Hopefully Calderwood is the man to do deliver this quickly.

Gatecrasher
23-10-2010, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't consider a 6 figure signing cheap:confused:

only our fans would slate a guy less than a week into the job!

he's only had 3 training sessions ffs :rolleyes:

Jim44
23-10-2010, 04:37 PM
I think we have to initially lay off slating Calderwood for the bad results which are likely going to come our way over the next few weeks. He must be given the chance to impose his ideas and to rid the dressing room of the rotten attitudes which have gripped many of our players for the last few years. I criticized Stevenson for his choice of words last week but I've got to agree with his sentiments.

Sir David Gray
23-10-2010, 04:42 PM
I think we have to initially lay off slating Calderwood for the bad results which are likely going to come our way over the next few weeks. He must be given the chance to impose his ideas and to rid the dressing room of the rotten attitudes which have gripped many of our players for the last few years. I criticized Stevenson for his choice of words last week but I've got to agree with his sentiments.

:agree: I've pretty much written off the rest of this season because the playing staff is not going to change as much as it needs to over the next six months or so.

As long as we finish higher than 12th (not a sure thing at the moment) then I will be happy to give Calderwood a chance to sort out the many major issues that are facing this club.

SRHibs
23-10-2010, 04:50 PM
****ing hell. This kind of thread after one match? Are you ****ing kidding me?

FitbaFolkKen
23-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Jesus the panic merchants are out in force, Calderwood needs a couple of months to assess the squad and clear out in January.

Cheap option and no experience.......read it all on here recently :grr:

Big Ed
23-10-2010, 05:38 PM
:grr:Ok Petrie explain yourself why do u sell our best talent persist with the cheap options, sign a manager who has no track record another gamble, u have sacked nearly the same amount of managers as the Yams, u then have the aurdacity to ask the fans to buy season tickets and watch the total fraudsters play for my beloved Hibs, I probably will get pelters for this post but enough is enough, PETRIE leave NOW and take those so called footballers with u, play the U19s as they have more soul and pride and would at least try unlike that so called team today, total disgrace to the shirt and the name of Hibernian FC:grr:

NOTE TO every single player today U R not bigger than the team and be grateful in this current econmoic climate you have no money worries, unlike the fans that pay a lot of money to watch their beloved Hibs..............................................

Let me start by saying that I completely understand the emotions that lead to the posting of this thread, however I hear the same arguments again and again and I think that it is time for a few home truths:
Ok Petrie explain yourself why do u sell our best talent persist with the cheap options, sign a manager who has no track record another gamble
Our best talent is sold because we cannot generate the revenue to pay them as we don't have a big enough fan base, therefore in order to pay our bills, we have to generate income through player sales. As for the cheap option for Manager, I can't see who we could push the boat out to get that would do any better with the current playing staff.
u have sacked nearly the same amount of managers as the Yams
Since Petrie took over; McLeish left to join the Huns, Sauzee was sacked, Williamson left to go to Plymouth, Mowbray left to go to WBA, Collins and Mixu resigned and Yogi was sacked; that's two sacked and five who decided to leave of their own accord.
PETRIE leave NOW and take those so called footballers with u, play the U19s as they have more soul and pride and would at least try unlike that so called team today, total disgrace to the shirt and the name of Hibernian FC
Petrie resigning now has the potential to happen, but taking those [contracted] players with him, sad to say, is not. Playing U19s in their places is the kind of knee jerk fantasy talk that drives me to despair. Kurtis Byrne in for Deeks for example.
The notion that I have heard for decades, that "they cannae be any worse" is utter bollocks and this part of the thread is an extension of that.
I know that this post is a bit of a liberty, when I have given a bit of a kicking to a thread started by someone who is rightfully utterly disillusioned but trotting out old chetnuts about selling our best players etc. does not IMO help.

Phil D. Rolls
23-10-2010, 05:38 PM
:grr:Ok Petrie explain yourself why do u sell our best talent persist with the cheap options, sign a manager who has no track record another gamble, u have sacked nearly the same amount of managers as the Yams, u then have the aurdacity to ask the fans to buy season tickets and watch the total fraudsters play for my beloved Hibs, I probably will get pelters for this post but enough is enough, PETRIE leave NOW and take those so called footballers with u, play the U19s as they have more soul and pride and would at least try unlike that so called team today, total disgrace to the shirt and the name of Hibernian FC:grr:

Oh dear.

bubblesmorrison
23-10-2010, 05:43 PM
he's only had 3 training sessions ffs :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

is that counting that they where off on wednesday?

Gatecrasher
23-10-2010, 05:44 PM
is that counting that they where off on wednesday?

just going by what cc said before the game

DarlingtonHibee
23-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Let me start by saying that I completely understand the emotions that lead to the posting of this thread, however I hear the same arguments again and again and I think that it is time for a few home truths:
Ok Petrie explain yourself why do u sell our best talent persist with the cheap options, sign a manager who has no track record another gamble
Our best talent is sold because we cannot generate the revenue to pay them as we don't have a big enough fan base, therefore in order to pay our bills, we have to generate income through player sales. As for the cheap option for Manager, I can't see who we could push the boat out to get that would do any better with the current playing staff.
Since Petrie took over; McLeish left to join the Huns, Sauzee was sacked, Williamson left to go to Plymouth, Mowbray left to go to WBA, Collins and Mixu resigned and Yogi was sacked; that's two sacked and five who decided to leave of their own accord.
PETRIE leave NOW and take those so called footballers with u, play the U19s as they have more soul and pride and would at least try unlike that so called team today, total disgrace to the shirt and the name of Hibernian FC
Petrie resigning now has the potential to happen, but taking those [contracted] players with him, sad to say, is not. Playing U19s in their places is the kind of knee jerk fantasy talk that drives me to despair. Kurtis Byrne in for Deeks for example.
The notion that I have heard for decades, that "they cannae be any worse" is utter bollocks and this part of the thread is an extension of that.
I know that this post is a bit of a liberty, when I have given a bit of a kicking to a thread started by someone who is rightfully utterly disillusioned but trotting out old chetnuts about selling our best players etc. does not IMO help.

:faf::faf:

Big Ed
23-10-2010, 05:54 PM
:faf::faf:

:confused:

lyonhibs
23-10-2010, 09:01 PM

You'll maybe want to come back and sprinkle the highlighted section with a small helping of the truth tomorrow morning.

A dreadful performance, but let's not talk TOTAL pish eh???

matty_f
23-10-2010, 09:03 PM

:top marks

proud_and_green
23-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Didn't make it up the road to the game today. But in a perverse way i am not dissappointed that we lost today.

If we had won the match i think it may not have given CC the full picture about how rotten this bunch of players really is. So often we see the new manager syndrome bringing a win in the first couple of games because the players are playing above themselves.

Hopefully, what today has allowed is for the manager to see the true strengths and weaknesses of the team and therefoe be able to take a decent measure of where we need to improve.

Of course i don't like to see the team lose but this may actually be of more long term benefit than a victory would have been.

Hopefully the January window sees a lot of redundancies from our playing staff!!

Hibercelona
23-10-2010, 09:34 PM
We're utter gash at the moment.

But I think everyone involved with the club is playing a guilty part.

1. The players arent trying, their egos are far too inflated. They couldn't care less as long as they have enough weekend money.

2. Managers losing the respect of the fans by talking gash in the conference room and post/after match interviews.

3. The board being tight fisted as always and taking the cheap options available to them. Less expenses means more money in their own back pockets.

4. Fans preferring to jump the gun and pick out players to shout abuse at, instead of getting behind the whole team.

A vast majority of people associated with the club can take at least some blame.

Banff
23-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't consider a 6 figure signing cheap:confused:

only our fans would slate a guy less than a week into the job!

he's only had 3 training sessions ffs :rolleyes:

He never slated cc though. He's slating Petrie and he is 100% correct. The solution is simple, stop selling our best assets to rival clubs. Obviously we have none left now, but one day we will and you know what? The same thing is going to happen! PETRIE GTF!

lyonhibs
23-10-2010, 09:43 PM

1. The players arent trying, their egos are far too inflated. They couldn't care less as long as they have enough weekend money.

2. Managers losing the respect of the fans by talking gash in the conference room and post/after match interviews.

3. The board being tight fisted as always and taking the cheap options available to them. Less expenses means more money in their own back pockets.

4. Fans preferring to jump the gun and pick out players to shout abuse at, instead of getting behind the whole team.

A vast majority of people associated with the club can take at least some blame.

3 out of 4 of your points are indisputable, but would somebody PLEASE tell me how employing the Assistant Manager of a Premiership side was "the cheap option" and was motivated by the board's desire to line "their own back pockets"???

SRHibs
23-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I keep seeing that point being made, yet people seem to be just completely ignoring the fact the we paid a SIX FIGURE SUM in compensation for CC.
If we wanted the cheap option, we could've gone for someone jobless and pish like CC's namesake - tangoman.

Hibercelona
23-10-2010, 09:47 PM
3 out of 4 of your points are indisputable, but would somebody PLEASE tell me how employing the Assistant Manager of a Premiership side was "the cheap option" and was motivated by the board's desire to line "their own back pockets"???

I'm personally not convinced that he cost as much as being made out.

I'm not trying to shoot down the manager already. But I really don't think he's the man to change things around.

We could have brought in someone with experience.

matty_f
23-10-2010, 09:53 PM

I'm not trying to shoot down the manager already. But I really don't think he's the man to change things around.

He's got experience.:confused:

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 09:58 PM
It was reported to be a 6 figure fee
Why?

He has experience.:confused:

degenerated
23-10-2010, 10:32 PM

it's like last seasons losing streak :agree: Calderwood has absolutely no experience apart from the experience that he already has :greengrin

James70
23-10-2010, 10:44 PM
We spend a lot more on players than the likes of Killie, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Hamilton. Is it the fault of the Board that our players don't perform and we struggle against these teams?

For all those who say the Board are tight fisted, do we want to finish up like Portsmouth or Dundee?

I am confident that Calderwood will turn things around and he has time on his side. However I am not so confident that the resultant product on the park will attract as big crowds that we have been used to over the past few seasons.

The amount of money we have spent recently paying off failed managers and players must be huge to a club our size and we simply cannot afford to allow this to continue.

We will not be relegated but unfortunately that is the only positive I can see at the moment.

matty_f
23-10-2010, 10:52 PM
We spend a lot more on players than the likes of Killie, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Hamilton. Is it the fault of the Board that our players don't perform and we struggle against these teams?

For all those who say the Board are tight fisted, do we want to finish up like Portsmouth or Dundee?

I am confident that Calderwood will turn things around and he has time on his side. However I am not so confident that the resultant product on the park will attract as big crowds that we have been used to over the past few seasons.

The amount of money we have spent recently paying off failed managers and players must be huge to a club our size and we simply cannot afford to allow this to continue.

We will not be relegated but unfortunately that is the only positive I can see at the moment.

Good post. Given the relative spend of our club against those mentioned, we are massively overpaying some players in proportion to their ability. We are paying top 6 wages to bottom 6 players.

Gatecrasher
23-10-2010, 11:14 PM
He never slated cc though. He's slating Petrie and he is 100% correct. The solution is simple, stop selling our best assets to rival clubs. Obviously we have none left now, but one day we will and you know what? The same thing is going to happen! PETRIE GTF!

The cheap option? A gamble? Unproven?

While the post may be a dig at Petrie the above questions our new managers ability to do the job.

We cannot survive as a club without selling players, it's as simple as that really. There is a £2million whole in our accounts that need to be made up by selling players.

Unless someone can come up with a better way of finding £2million a year this is the way it has to be.

Dinkydoo
23-10-2010, 11:46 PM

CC's C.V is one of the best we could have hoped for IMO, if you call two promotions and experience (even at assistant level) in the EPL "not proven" you are delusional.

I'm not saying that he's definately the man to take us forward but let's engage the old brain before we post eh.

As for the whole sacking managers thing that you've mentioned, we have sacked the last two (Yogi and Mixu), Collins and Mowbray left on thier own as far as I'm aware..........:confused:

Haymaker
24-10-2010, 02:12 AM
I really ****ing wonder sometimes about some of our "support".

Cheap option? - Really? Buying out a contract isnt cheap!

No experience? - The years at Northampton/Forrest/Newcastle must have been made up then...

RP shouldnt sell our talent? - The majority in the last **** knows how many years have wanted to leave for bigger wages. We cant pay - they can. Do we want £ in the bank or a player who wont try because he cant leave the club?

Seriously, get a ****ing grip some of ya.

Golden Bear
24-10-2010, 09:05 AM

I sense your annoyance and frustration but you're barking up the wrong tree.

sahib
24-10-2010, 09:39 AM

I am getting sick of this assumption and conjecture being constantly repeated. It is driving a wedge between the support and the team. There is a thing called repeated affirmation ,iirc, where basically lies are repeated often enough that the are accepted as fact. Popular with nazi propagandists between the wars.

Kaiser1962
24-10-2010, 11:14 AM
I feel your pain my friend but I have to say what utter nonsense. If you know of someone who could do better then please persuade them to join us.

southern hibby
24-10-2010, 02:59 PM
I am 100% behind CC and every other manager that we have. I am 100% behind what ROD has done to get us out the mess we were in. Howevver I do feel that JC was forced out the door by ROD listening to the players and not him.
I think Rod's attitude on this is it's easier to replace a manager than most of the team, again this will save money that we cannot afford to spend.
I also KNOW that the players get paid an absolute fortune compared to me and yet SO CALLED LESSER TEAMS PLAY BETTER AS A UNIT and in some cases individuals too. So why can they make it work and we cannot?
Does this mean we are a good team? I Think we are in some peoples mind. Lets face facts we are anything but a good team. We are a team with a proud history and tradition. We have the potential to be a good team again, but can we get back on this path that we have strayed from in recent times. I understand and appreciate we need to balance books and we need to keep players who have the skill to improve our team and not our rivals.
I would say to the CLUB's Chairman through to the players, IS THAT I have picked up on is certain fans APATHY towards our score and even attending the games, because what's the point when certain individuals who we pay good money towatch and wages towards cannot even be bothered.
I am sorry about my ranting above but I really do feel strongly about my club and they need to understand this one thing if nothing else .........

A FAN's APATHY TO HIS CLUB IS A DOWNRIGHT SHAME, A PLAYER's APATHY TOWARDS THE CLUB AND FANS WHO PAY HIS/THEIR WAGES BY NOT EVEN BEING BOTHERED IS A ****ING DISGRACE THAT NEEDS ERADICATED LIKE A RABID DOG.

GGTTH.

Banff
24-10-2010, 08:24 PM
The cheap option? A gamble? Unproven?

While the post may be a dig at Petrie the above questions our new managers ability to do the job.

We cannot survive as a club without selling players, it's as simple as that really. There is a £2million whole in our accounts that need to be made up by selling players.

Unless someone can come up with a better way of finding £2million a year this is the way it has to be.

I have not questioned the managers ability and all i was pointing out is that the original post was not slating cc, and we DONT have to sell to RIVAL clubs.

Also the board keep telling us year after year that we no longer have to sell but then the next thing you know someone else has signed for celtic!

How does it have to be that way? No other club is in that position in the SPL maybe apart from Killie, who have lost a few players to the huns, but I presume they make far less revenue than Hibernian.

Kaiser1962
25-10-2010, 07:04 AM
What sometimes gets forgotten here is that Hibs, like any other company, is required to have a grievance procedure and rod was between a rock and a hard place. While we, myself included, envisage that the players who complained are a bunch of girls blouses Rod is required by law to listen to them. No other chief executive could have done any different if over 90% of the workforce are making the same complaint. What Collins ultimate goal was would have benefitted all concerned his methods were a bit bizarre to say the least and at the time he most needed Tommy Craig he wasnt any good to him.

I am 100% behind CC and every other manager that we have. I am 100% behind what ROD has done to get us out the mess we were in. Howevver I do feel that JC was forced out the door by ROD listening to the players and not him.
I think Rod's attitude on this is it's easier to replace a manager than most of the team, again this will save money that we cannot afford to spend.

GGTTH.

mikethehibee69
25-10-2010, 07:49 PM
I at no time slagged CC off, I am now calmed down and off the affluence of incohol:wink:, what I will say is that I am not alone in thinking that Petrie has kept the purse strings to tight, I know we r sitting a lot better financially than a lot of other teams in the SPL but it hurts and after watching that display the other day, the final straw as they say and camels phrase, either that or i jumped off the forth bridge, this way its not as final :greengrin

GGTTH and back to winning ways :agree:

new malkyhib
25-10-2010, 09:06 PM
What sometimes gets forgotten here is that Hibs, like any other company, is required to have a grievance procedure and rod was between a rock and a hard place. While we, myself included, envisage that the players who complained are a bunch of girls blouses Rod is required by law to listen to them. No other chief executive could have done any different if over 90% of the workforce are making the same complaint. What Collins ultimate goal was would have benefitted all concerned his methods were a bit bizarre to say the least and at the time he most needed Tommy Craig he wasnt any good to him.

Are you related to Petrie, Kaiser?

He could've tried playing some of his legendary "hardball" (that all his worshippers on here spout on about when they're salivating over yet another one of his teams' best players being sold before you can say "we're not a selling club") and backed the manager...i'd have paid money to watch an employment tribunal where a professional footballer has taken his employer to court for making him train harder:confused:

and nobody on here disputes that Hibs sometimes have to sell - it's the level of player we bring in as replacements that does me in...take the last window there... - we brought in Dickoh, on a year's deal who is hopeless, Grounds on loan until January and isn't any better than what he have, a half-fit Lithuanian who I think has played about 30 minutes in total, and a guy Duffy (again on a year's loan) who is on about his sixth loan spell in 2 seasons.

So there's four guys who are just jersey fillers IMO. Would we not be better trying to sign one proven decent player on reasonable money than four nobodies? Or would that break the mystical "wage structure"?

stantonhibby
25-10-2010, 09:27 PM

He could've tried playing some of his legendary "hardball" (that all his worshippers on here spout on about when they're salivating over yet another one of his teams' best players being sold before you can say "we're not a selling club") and backed the manager...i'd have paid money to watch an employment tribunal where a professional footballer has taken his employer to court for making him train harder:confused:

and nobody on here disputes that Hibs sometimes have to sell - it's the level of player we bring in as replacements that does me in...take the last window there... - we brought in Dickoh, on a year's deal who is hopeless, Grounds on loan until January and isn't any better than what he have, a half-fit Lithuanian who I think has played about 30 minutes in total, and a guy Duffy (again on a year's loan) who is on about his sixth loan spell in 2 seasons.

So there's four guys who are just jersey fillers IMO. Would we not be better trying to sign one proven decent player on reasonable money than four nobodies? Or would that break the mystical "wage structure"?

Aye but Hughes signed them not RP. The manager has a budget and if he brings in dross not sure how that is RP's fault. You could of course argue that the budget should be bigger but I wouldn't imagine Stokes/Miller/De Graaf/Hart would be on buttons ?

Capt Mainwaring
25-10-2010, 09:38 PM
:grr:Ok Petrie explain yourself why do u sell our best talent persist with the cheap options, sign a manager who has no track record in the SPL another gamble, we have gone through nearly the same amount of managers as the Yams, u then have the aurdacity to ask the fans to buy season tickets and watch the total fraudsters play for my beloved Hibs, I probably will get pelters for this post but enough is enough, PETRIE leave NOW and take those so called footballers with u, play the U19s as they have more soul and pride and would at least try unlike that so called team today, total disgrace to the shirt and the name of Hibernian FC:grr:

I feel your pain - but you need to get grip on reality. Petrie is not the problem - in fact he's part of the answer.

The best talent is sold mainly because we can't afford to keep them.

Managerial appointments are always a risk as we are not in the market for a Jose or Sir Alex , and hindsight always provides perfect vision. McLeish and Mowbray were successes, Collins won a trophy ( but his arrogance was his undoing) and apart from Williamson, I didn't hear too many discenting voices when Franck, Mixu and Yogi were appointed.

I think Calderwood is a very reasonable appointment and desrves time to ship out, ship in and mould his own team.

Your bullets at the current players however - totally agree. Most should be ashamed of their performances in 2010.

Kaiser1962
25-10-2010, 10:04 PM
We have speculated to accumulate and invested in the team or whatever else anyone wants to call it in the past Malky and all it did was threatened the existence of the club.

The bit in bold is only part, a very small part, of the story. If that was the case then I too would have been sitting next to you and sharing a laugh at the prima donna's complaining about being worked too hard.

I agree that the players appear to be nowhere good enough but lets see what CC can do with them and as for the wage structure we pay what we can afford.

new malkyhib
25-10-2010, 10:13 PM
We have speculated to accumulate and invested in the team or whatever else anyone wants to call it in the past Malky and all it did was threatened the existence of the club.

The bit in bold is only part, a very small part, of the story. If that was the case then I too would have been sitting next to you and sharing a laugh at the prima donna's complaining about being worked too hard.

I agree that the players appear to be nowhere good enough but lets see what CC can do with them and as for the wage structure we pay what we can afford.

I ain't disagreeing Kaiser - my point is pay one proven player £3k a week if that's what it takes, instead of 6 no-marks @ £500 per week...and before anybody says "that'll cause unrest among the other players" then good, we might then get another revolt on our hands where we can justifiably sack half the imposters that are there...

LeithBoozy
25-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Nobody can dispute that we sometimes have to sell, It's selling our best players to the old-firm that does my heid in. We weaken our team and strenthen theirs all in one move It's Indefensible. :grr::boo hoo::grr:

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Nobody can dispute that we sometimes have to sell, It's selling our best players to the old-firm that does my heid in. We weaken our team and strenthen theirs all in one move It's Indefensible. :grr::boo hoo::grr:

Not really, they offer more money they get their man. I cant remember the exact numbers, but an english club offered a couple of million less than celtic did for Scott Brown, was it west brom? Should we have taken 2 mil less?

LeithBoozy
25-10-2010, 11:21 PM
The Scott brown transfer bid was the type of bid that could not be turned down, It was silly money IMO. Hibs managed to chase them when they came after Fletch, So it can be done when the will is there Blackpool. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2010, 08:38 AM
The Scott brown transfer bid was the type of bid that could not be turned down, It was silly money IMO. Hibs managed to chase them when they came after Fletch, So it can be done when the will is there Blackpool. :wink:

Yes they did turn down the soapies for Fletch, then got a better deal from Burnley? £2-3m more if my memory serves me right? Was that defendable? The club are getting the best price they can, and thats surely the right way? Hibs cant afford to say no and accept a bid thats lower, just because its the old firm. If they did, that would be stupid. :confused:

LeithBoozy
26-10-2010, 01:51 PM
The fact that Hibs knocked-back their bid for fletch, and then succeeded in getting millions more down south surley proves my point?. It made a pleasant change to see Hibs holding out, much to Celtic, Fletch, and his agent's annoyance. If a player is good enough, he will be sold anyway so why the rush to sell to them. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2010, 02:06 PM
The fact that Hibs knocked-back their bid for fletch, and then succeeded in getting millions more down south surley proves my point?. It made a pleasant change to see Hibs holding out, much to Celtic, Fletch, and his agent's annoyance. If a player is good enough, he will be sold anyway so why the rush to sell to them. :agree:

Of course it was the right deal with fletch? we accepted the biggest offer from celtic for brown, would we have been right accepting a lower offer from a club down south just because it was not the old firm?

LeithBoozy
26-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Blackpool Hibs: I have stated in my Posts above that if any of the old firm, not just Celtic come in with mega silly bids, of course Hibs should accept them. As they are competitors and in the same league as us we should not be selling to them anyway, end of story. As far as I am aware the soap dodgers through in Glasgow pay the same money to get into a match as we do, maybe if we started to show some balls, we would not have idiots turning up with a banner stating that we are their feeder team and I restate my statement above if they are good enough they will get sold to England anyway.

snooky
26-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Blackpool Hibs: I have stated in my Posts above that if any of the old firm, not just Celtic come in with mega silly bids, of course Hibs should accept them. As they are competitors and in the same league as us we should not be selling to them anyway, end of story. As far as I am aware the soap dodgers through in Glasgow pay the same money to get into a match as we do, maybe if we started to show some balls, we would not have idiots turning up with a banner stating that we are their feeder team and I restate my statement above if they are good enough they will get sold to England anyway.

Apart from the dosh, it's crazy to sell to your opponents - especially the two that already have an upper hand.
Would you sell your bullets to the guy you are facing in a duel? It's :crazy:

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2010, 06:20 PM

So it is defendable. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
26-10-2010, 06:30 PM
I am getting sick of this assumption and conjecture being constantly repeated. It is driving a wedge between the support and the team. There is a thing called repeated affirmation ,iirc, where basically lies are repeated often enough that the are accepted as fact. Popular with nazi propagandists between the wars.

I think people got fed up because of what they were seeing at Easter Road, rather than what they read on here. You are right though, some people have started adapting mantras which bear no resemblance to the reality.

We were going down if the last manager had been given any more time. He got a right good go at it, and as far as I can see it was only at the Maribor game that people started to have enough of him.

There was lots of grumbling on here before hand, but that result and performance sealed his fate IMO.

LeithBoozy
26-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Ok Blackpool, sometimes you just need to put your hand-up and submit.I walked right into that one and I submit. :grr:

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Ok Blackpool, sometimes you just need to put your hand-up and submit.I walked right into that one and I submit. :grr:

:greengrin

Cropley10
27-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Collins - 'left' when he wasn't backed by the Board, at the end of 12 game non-winning run, knowing he'd lose Murph in January. Mind he'd signed some utter pish and couldn't buy a win. He left but I don't think it was a surprise to the Board... Mixu left as well - again he'd been on a shocking run, we were playing stinking run, attendances were down and ST's were simply not being renewed. Again Mixu walking away/out to no other employment looks a little odd, so I think you can infer he was 'asked to leave'.

As for Yogi - he wasn't sacked. He left by mutual consent.

Speedway
27-10-2010, 01:07 PM

Prove it, preferably using annual accounts as evidence.

We cost £2m more to run than we bring in. No more than 14,000 fans on average have been arsed to show up in the last 20 years despite 2 cup winning seasons and 4 european qualifying seasons. Where do you think the money is going? The back pockets of the directors no doubt.

He cost £120,000 and he has 300 games as a manager. Yogi had 300 games as an SPL manager. What experience are you looking for?

He's got experience.

He has experience.:confused:

He has experience.

Experience, that's experience for you, moves kinda slow. Do you get off the bus the same guy that got on 20 years ago? Its a feeling, is it art of imitating? Coz if its art, all my life's been 'finger painting'. Had my best luck though, with the bigger easels. Better being an art project baby, than just weaseling out with wearing one. I've come to suspect the whole experience.

I at no time slagged CC off, I am now calmed down and off the affluence of incohol:wink:, what I will say is that I am not alone in thinking that Petrie has kept the purse strings to tight, I know we r sitting a lot better financially than a lot of other teams in the SPL but it hurts and after watching that display the other day, the final straw as they say and camels phrase, either that or i jumped off the forth bridge, this way its not as final :greengrin

GGTTH and back to winning ways :agree:

The purse strings aren't too tight, they're looser than all but 3 other SPL clubs. The purse is open and has been abused.

Not really, they offer more money they get their man. I cant remember the exact numbers, but an english club offered a couple of million less than celtic did for Scott Brown, was it west brom? Should we have taken 2 mil less?

I remember it as Reading offering the same cash as Celtic and Rod giving Brown the choice which one he fancied. Brown said 'I want Celtic as they're the real team in green and white and as for the hubs, their supporters are nothing but a bunch of *****'.

Collins - 'left' when he wasn't backed by the Board, at the end of 12 game non-winning run, knowing he'd lose Murph in January. Mind he'd signed some utter pish and couldn't buy a win. He left but I don't think it was a surprise to the Board... Mixu left as well - again he'd been on a shocking run, we were playing stinking run, attendances were down and ST's were simply not being renewed. Again Mixu walking away/out to no other employment looks a little odd, so I think you can infer he was 'asked to leave'.

As for Yogi - he wasn't sacked. He left by mutual consent.

or another word for it - sacked.

stantonhibby
27-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Prove it, preferably using annual accounts as evidence.

We cost £2m more to run than we bring in. No more than 14,000 fans on average have been arsed to show up in the last 20 years despite 2 cup winning seasons and 4 european qualifying seasons. Where do you think the money is going? The back pockets of the directors no doubt.

He cost £120,000 and he has 300 games as a manager. Yogi had 300 games as an SPL manager. What experience are you looking for?

He's got experience.

He has experience.

Experience, that's experience for you, moves kinda slow. Do you get off the bus the same guy that got on 20 years ago? Its a feeling, is it art of imitating? Coz if its art, all my life's been 'finger painting'. Had my best luck though, with the bigger easels. Better being an art project baby, than just weaseling out with wearing one. I've come to suspect the whole experience.

The purse strings aren't too tight, they're looser than all but 3 other SPL clubs. The purse is open and has been abused.

I remember it as Reading offering the same cash as Celtic and Rod giving Brown the choice which one he fancied. Brown said 'I want Celtic as they're the real team in green and white and as for the hubs, their supporters are nothing but a bunch of *****'.

or another word for it - sacked.

i think that pretty much sums it up for me. :top marks