PDA

View Full Version : I Fear For Us In The Forthcoming Derby...

Dashing Bob S
23-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Against Edinburgh City in the Scottish Cup.

Fortunately the Yams at ER will be nothing to worry about.

SRHibs
23-10-2010, 03:12 PM
In all seriousness, I can see us getting humped on the 7th.

PISTOL1875
23-10-2010, 03:14 PM
If we defend against Hertz how we defended today then Kevin Kyle will have a field day....

ClewsHibs
23-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Maybe no coz threave rovers have just taken the lead, :wink:

Sir David Gray
23-10-2010, 03:18 PM
I seriously don't want to even think about the derby right now.

As for the New Year derby at Tynecastle...:worried:

Jim44
23-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Strangely, I'm not too concerned about our prospects as we go into the game as massive underdogs with nothing to lose. We're in for a hammering and if we get a performance from our mediocre lot we'll be lucky.

Hibby_Paul
23-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Been worried about it for weeks already...

Hearts will be pumped up and full of confidence going in - they always have been against us in last few seasons.

Midfield battle already looks like being lost with our wee, weak midfield who never get fully stuck in.

Kyle will have a field day against the weak, timid and unorganized Hibs defence. As will the likes of Suso on the wing (the wee pleb that he is).

And with little to no goal threat the ropey hearts defence will not have much to do...

Need BIG improvements in attitude and organisation over next few weeks to avoid an embarrassing defeat.

Sir David Gray
23-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Strangely, I'm not too concerned about our prospects as we go into the game as massive underdogs with nothing to lose. We're in for a hammering and if we get a performance from our mediocre lot we'll be lucky.

And if we actually get a hammering...?

What then? :boo hoo:

RickyS
23-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Been worried about it for weeks already...

Hearts will be pumped up and full of confidence going in - they always have been against us in last few seasons.

Midfield battle already looks like being lost with our wee, weak midfield who never get fully stuck in.

Kyle will have a field day against the weak, timid and unorganized Hibs defence. As will the likes of Suso on the wing (the wee pleb that he is).

And with little to no goal threat the ropey hearts defence will not have much to do...

Need BIG improvements in attitude and organisation over next few weeks to avoid an embarrassing defeat.

right now I am so angry that I don't want to go.

Hibby_Paul
23-10-2010, 03:35 PM
right now I am so angry that I don't want to go.

Know what you mean, I actually dont enjoy Derbies much as over the years Hibs have let us down so many times...

Not looking forward to going but will force myself along!

Jim44
23-10-2010, 03:39 PM
And if we actually get a hammering...?

What then? :boo hoo:

I think I'm trying to say that it will be just like any other defeat and, by God, we're used to that by now. Any other time I would be nervous and apprehensive about a Derby result but our appalling performances and results have almost numbed the brain into submission. Anything gained from any game is a surprise bonus these days.

RickyS
23-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Know what you mean, I actually dont enjoy Derbies much as over the years Hibs have let us down so many times...

Not looking forward to going but will force myself along!

deep down I know I will go, but I can pretty much tell whats going to happen now, if that team who played today were to play we would be second to every ball lose goals to set plays and we will succeed in making Kyle look like Shearer and Obua look like Messi

Purehibee_MYB
23-10-2010, 03:51 PM
On a bright note Bo'ness beat Queens Park!

Phil MaGlass
23-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Im coming over for the game with a Dutch mate, hope tae f... we get a result.

PaulSmith
23-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Never feared Them and never will.

Sergey
23-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Against Edinburgh City in the Scottish Cup.

Fortunately the Yams at ER will be nothing to worry about.

I concur, Robert. I'm not overly concerned about the Yams match.

If the referee actually referees the match to the laws of the game, we could easily get half a dozen penalties in the 1st half simply for their thuggishness at corner kicks.

NAE NOOKIE
23-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Under normal circumstances we rarely manage a decent result at ER against the Yams, for some reason even in games where we are by far the better team.

I will be there whatever happens, but it has to be said that with a defence that cant do anything at set plays, a midfield that can barely hold its own against the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton and a strike force that has no sevice and so cant even attemp to score in most games I fear we are in for a 2 or 3 nil defeat.

I hope I am wrong and we can pull out a surprise result, but the truth is you cant help but fear the worst.

:confused:

Hibercelona
23-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Can't believe i'm saying this, but...

Skacel and Kyle will rip the utter p!sh out of that defence! :grr:

I can see it being a painful one indeed. :bitchy:

Spike Mandela
23-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Might be time to try a 4-6-0:cool2:

Hibercelona
23-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Under normal circumstances we rarely manage a decent result at ER against the Yams, for some reason even in games where we are by far the better team.

I will be there whatever happens, but it has to be said that with a defence that cant do anything at set plays, a midfield that can barely hold its own against the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton and a strike force that has no sevice and so cant even attemp to score in most games I fear we are in for a 2 or 3 nil defeat.

I hope I am wrong and we can pull out a surprise result, but the truth is you cant help but fear the worst.

:confused:

The better team is the team that scores more in a game than they conceed.

Hearts may play very basic stuff....

But we aren't even good enough to do that most of the time.

heretoday
23-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Derby will take care of itself. Hearts will be just as worried as us. Same old story.

essexhibee
23-10-2010, 07:31 PM
NEVER fear them.

What i do fear is the players and whether their hearts are in it.

Though whenever we arent favourites and expected to lose we seem to win (see a cerrtain thursday night away at tynie..derek riordan pen anyone?) so you never knew could be good to go in as pish as we are and as underdogs?

Hibercelona
23-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Derby will take care of itself. Hearts will be just as worried as us. Same old story.

With their BIG team mentality? I seriously doubt it.

Just hope we can do them one and brand calderwood as a hibee legend. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
23-10-2010, 08:15 PM
NEVER fear them.

What i do fear is the players and whether their hearts are in it.

Though whenever we arent favourites and expected to lose we seem to win (see a cerrtain thursday night away at tynie..derek riordan pen anyone?) so you never knew could be good to go in as pish as we are and as underdogs?

I would say that the confidence going into this derby amongst the players and fans will be even lower than it was for that derby, which is saying something since I honestly thought we were going to get humped that night.

I would be shocked if we avoid defeat in this match.

RickyS
23-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Can't believe i'm saying this, but...

Skacel and Kyle will rip the utter p!sh out of that defence! :grr:

I can see it being a painful one indeed. :bitchy:

thats the two I fear the most I don't know if I can face it. can't remember fearing a derby like this one.

lyonhibs
23-10-2010, 08:49 PM
thats the two I fear the most I don't know if I can face it. can't remember fearing a derby like this one.

Och, FFS. I'm not looking forward to it - at all - as always given our historical record against that mob, but to "fear" Kevin Kyle and - although I think he has still got "it", enoughfor the SPL anyway - Rudi Skacel, is taking it a bit far.

As always, Hibs worst enemy will be the boys (I struggle to say "men" after that capitulation) in green and white.

Calderwood has a MASSIVE job on his hands, and I hope he's up to it.

hibeedonald
23-10-2010, 09:33 PM
This is bull****. If one team is in first spot and the other team is 12TH it makes no difference in a derby, the underdog has won so many times, it's a totally different game. When we won 1-0 at Tynie with Riordan penalty how many expected that? Our tiny support showed what we thought the result would be yet we still won. After we won the CIS cup at home they were playing terrible and won 1-0. The derby is a totally different game, and is unpredictable at best, we have just as much chance as them.

Onceinawhile
23-10-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm sure we had a thread like this before the game at Tynie when we had half our squad out through injury.

How did that end up?

We won 1-0.

skipster7
23-10-2010, 09:39 PM
there would be no better way to mark CCs first home game and repay the fans for our long running shambles than to stick it up the hearts tramps, remember the "unbeatable" game !:greengrin

would take a draw right now though.

The Voice Of Reason
23-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I fear a real hiding. We are cr*p and they have better players than us all over the pitch - more pace, more ability, more strength.

I would take a draw right now, think they will beat us easily though.

Calderwood may be many things, but he is not a miracle worker. A miracle is what is required to turn these bunch of gutless, spineless, talentless losers into a winning team.

Relegation is a real possibility. If it came to a relegation play off between St Midden and ourselves, at this moment in time I would fancy St Midden. :grr:

Hiber-nation
23-10-2010, 09:44 PM
This is bull****. If one team is in first spot and the other team is 12TH it makes no difference in a derby, the underdog has won so many times, it's a totally different game. When we won 1-0 at Tynie with Riordan penalty how many expected that? Our tiny support showed what we thought the result would be yet we still won. After we won the CIS cup at home they were playing terrible and won 1-0. The derby is a totally different game, and is unpredictable at best, we have just as much chance as them.

I can hardly ever remember the underdog winning a Derby, except maybe the game you mention.

hibeedonald
23-10-2010, 09:51 PM
I can hardly ever remember the underdog winning a Derby, except maybe the game you mention.

What about the game when we won after they won 9 in a row then they finished second? I'm sure we beat them twice that season. Or when we beat them under mixu at home when we lost 2-0 the in scottish cup to them at home the week before and were doing terrible in the league and they were 3rd? the derby is a different game.

yekimevol
23-10-2010, 09:55 PM
i have never been scared of hibs facing anyone untill this year. the thought of this derby is giving me nightmares. unless caldo has a magic wand to fix this current shambles of a squad then im willing to right off this season and let him build a squad capable to challange for third next year.

Hiber-nation
23-10-2010, 09:59 PM
What about the game when we won after they won 9 in a row then they finished second? I'm sure we beat them twice that season. Or when we beat them under mixu at home when we lost 2-0 the in scottish cup to them at home the week before and were doing terrible in the league and they were 3rd? the derby is a different game.

We were playing well then and in 4th I think - and we were the home team. We beat them under Mixu, Fletcher off the shoulder - but again we were at home and they were gash.

I suppose there have been times when we've been favourites at ER (e.g after the CIS win) and lost.

Ach anyway its about time we beat the bassas, 1 home win in 4 years (?) is a joke.

AFKA5814_Hibs
23-10-2010, 09:59 PM

I'm not sure if the derby is any different tbh. There are loads of ocassions when the form team loses to a team who isn't in form, its not as if the derby game is unique to this. Many ocassions when Hibs have raised their game to beat Celtic or Rangers but lose the next game to St Mirren or Hamilton.

The derby is no different to any other game. If we are the better team on the day we'll win, if not, we'll get beat.

Removed
23-10-2010, 10:06 PM
i have never been scared of hibs facing anyone untill this year. the thought of this derby is giving me nightmares. unless caldo has a magic wand to fix this current shambles of a squad then im willing to right off this season and let him build a squad capable to challange for third next year.

I wouldn't waste any sleeping time worrying about Fat Jim and his band of cart horses. Big physical teams don't always triumph you know.

We'll see a different team at ER in a fortnight. FJK will know that. They are pish as well and if they turn up expecting an easy game then we all know what can happen :casper:

Crab apple
23-10-2010, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't waste any sleeping time worrying about Fat Jim and his band of cart horses. Big physical teams don't always triumph you know.

We'll see a different team at ER in a fortnight. FJK will know that. They are pish as well and if they turn up expecting an easy game then we all know what can happen :casper:
:agree: While we are undoubtedly poor and low in confidence the ****bos are nothing special. Without Zaliuseless and lee van cleef wallace in defence they look as bad as us.
I also think Managers have a big role to play - some are 'luckier' than others in derbies. FJK has a poor record in derbies as a manager and as a player. McLeish had a good record while Miller and Mowbray did not. Yogi didn't - in fact did he win a game as manager? Let's wait and see about CC.

Gala Foxes
24-10-2010, 12:52 AM
to lose so heavily to probably the worst Aberdeen team in years , full of Colchester & lower league rejects, is worrying.

lets write this season off, stay up, and let Calderwood clear out the dross

Hogg
Rankin
Dickoh
Bamba
Brown
Nish
Smith
Trakys

& see if he can get some effort & commitment out of Liam Miller

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-10-2010, 07:22 AM
The derby is no different to any other game. If we are the better team on the day we'll win, if not, we'll get beat.There have been so many times we have been the better team in Derbies and failed to win, particularly during Robbos time IIRC.

Auckland Hibs
24-10-2010, 07:40 AM
There have been so many times we have been the better team in Derbies and failed to win, particularly during Robbos time IIRC.

It's worrying how many games we should have won :grr:

Cabbage East
24-10-2010, 09:10 AM
You lot are a disgrace. I hope you don't bother your ar*e to go to the derby.

LancashireHibby
24-10-2010, 09:21 AM
I think it's going to be first Derby in a while where the fans will have virtually zero expectations of winning, and I'd say that's something that can work in our favour if fans and players both go in with a "nothing to lose" mentality. Keep the faith.

Hibees07
24-10-2010, 09:24 AM
We are going to get seriously pumped, of that I have no doubt (but I will be there regardless). :agree:

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 07:20 PM
You lot are a disgrace. I hope you don't bother your ar*e to go to the derby.

:agree:

The day i lose any sleep over they smelly Barstewards is the day ill jack it all in.

Bring oan the 7th and the bevvy swilled glasses that go with it :cool2:

Scared? Behave :hilarious

New Corrie
24-10-2010, 08:06 PM
They are just a pub team that play hoofball that makes your eyes bleed, we are a flare team and we'll take at least 5 off them. Over on 30points back they think otherwise,,,,,,deluded or what???

silverhibee
25-10-2010, 01:15 PM
:agree:

The day i lose any sleep over they smelly Barstewards is the day ill jack it all in.

Bring oan the 7th and the bevvy swilled glasses that go with it :cool2:

Scared? Behave :hilarious

:top marks

Bring it on Yams, like you Andy, i would never lose any sleep over these diet ones.
The Derby will look after its self.

2-1 Hibs. Deeks and Nish getting the goals. :thumbsup:

C'mon the Hibs.

Dashing Bob S
25-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Shame that an ironically intended thread has brought out so many deep-seated derby heebie-geebies in some.

I never have and never will look on Hearts as anything other than a complete joke of a club, simply put on this planet for our sport and to make us feel better about ourselves.

They are uttely beneath contempt and the idea of 'fearing' them in any way shape or form is inherently ludicrous.

These muppets only breathe through their mouths as they roam over mounds of fetid garbage rat hunting, in order that we disdain, taunt, ignore and patronize them. Everything about them is a joke. Ocassionally a sick one (Rix, Wee Airdrie) often a pathetic one (dancing Calum, WW1 appropriation, stands, world cup stars etc) but more often than not a mundane, tedious one. (FJK, hoofball).

Any 'fear' of them is surely akin to a misguided Victorian gentlemans fear of a drooling simpleton staggering out if the workhouse and begging for change. They don't look pretty and smell very bad, but they are more frightned of you than you are of them. A good thing to remember.

HibbyAndy
25-10-2010, 02:07 PM

Bring it on Yams, like you Andy, i would never lose any sleep over these diet ones.

C'mon the Hibs.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:pray:

Deek screamer right into the postage stamp will do me :cool2:

Riordans Boots
25-10-2010, 02:44 PM

C'mon the Hibs.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:pray:

Deek screamer right into the postage stamp will do me :cool2:

Can't wait for this Derby and Hibs need every supporter there instead of mumping aboot on here :notworthy:

FTJTs :agree:

California-Hibs
26-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Fearing Hearts!?!? :faf::faf::faf:
No chance of that EVER happening!
Plus lets remember its at Easter Road, i think thats what will get us the 3 points, they dont have the best of records if you look at it over the last 8-10 years at Easter Road, unfortunatly we have alot of draws against them but this ones ours!

Its going to be 3-1 Trakys x1, Riordan x2.

Derek Riordan IS going to SLAM in a BEAUTY for the THIRD! He'll them GRAB the badage, and while running to the filth he'll KISS the badge, and then give them the GIRUY sign!

Game over :greengrin

Seep
26-10-2010, 01:18 PM
I hate when we get confident going into the Edinburgh derby, everytime it happens we never win it. Like when Riordan scored the penalty at Tynie' we were favourites to win it. Any form goes out of the window on 'Derby-Day'.

Liamcee1994
26-10-2010, 06:18 PM
4-0 hibs, riordan 3 skacel og:wink:

frazeHFC
26-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Never feared Them and never will.

That's the spirit :thumbsup:

Diclonius
26-10-2010, 08:44 PM
I have seen us win 2 out of 14 derbies.

Therefore, I am rarely confident. :bitchy:

IWasThere2016