PDA

View Full Version : Deeks

DH1875
23-10-2010, 02:53 PM
So was he or wasn't he on the bench the day cause he was injured? BBC said he'd been dropped and he didn't look to injured to me when he came on. If it's the managers game plan to play 4-5-1 and have no Riordan in the team most weeks how long do you think he will last.

Mikey
23-10-2010, 02:54 PM
He was injured. Had a fitness test this morning.

News of his injury was on the PM board last night.

ancienthibby
23-10-2010, 03:03 PM
So was he or wasn't he on the bench the day cause he was injured? BBC said he'd been dropped and he didn't look to injured to me when he came on. If it's the managers game plan to play 4-5-1 and have no Riordan in the team most weeks how long do you think he will last.

The sad Scott Davie is a TRIPLE FUD and seems to take the greatest delight in rubbishing Hibs!!

For a supposed reporter, he obviously failed his homework for this game!!

G'oan yersel, Deeks!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BEEJ
23-10-2010, 03:19 PM
The sad Scott Davie is a TRIPLE FUD and seems to take the greatest delight in rubbishing Hibs!!

For a supposed reporter, he obviously failed his homework for this game!!
Yeah, it's clear from his commentaries that Davey takes huge pleasure out of criticising Hibs.

It would almost be acceptable if he was a half decent commentator.

macca70
23-10-2010, 03:32 PM
If your fit enough to be on the bench then your fit enough to start as far as I'm concenrned.

Why not start him and see how long he lasts rather than bringing him off the bench and guessing how long he will last??

He was dropped IMO, what injury allows you to play 45 mins but not 90?

matty_f
23-10-2010, 03:35 PM
If your fit enough to be on the bench then your fit enough to start as far as I'm concenrned.

Why not start him and see how long he lasts rather than bringing him off the bench and guessing how long he will last??

He was dropped IMO, what injury allows you to play 45 mins by not 90?

He hadn't trained all week, according to Calderwood's interview. Fit enough for 45 mins but not for 90 seems reasonable enough, IMHO.

What credentials have you got for making the assertion that if he can play 45 he can play 90?:greengrin

DaveF
23-10-2010, 03:35 PM

He was dropped IMO, what injury allows you to play 45 mins but not 90?

The kind that has maybe stopped you from training all week, therefore restricting you to 45 mins or less?

discman
23-10-2010, 03:42 PM
He hadn't trained all week, according to Calderwood's interview. Fit enough for 45 mins but not for 90 seems reasonable enough, IMHO.

What credentials have you got for making the assertion that if he can play 45 he can play 90?:greengrin

If cc was only going to use him for 45mins surely he starts gets something for us then we can scrap to hold it,but coming on when were 2 down,but doesnt disguise the fact we were pretty pish.......sadly! :cool2:

matty_f
23-10-2010, 03:56 PM
If cc was only going to use him for 45mins surely he starts gets something for us then we can scrap to hold it,but coming on when were 2 down,but doesnt disguise the fact we were pretty pish.......sadly! :cool2:

I think the logic behind not starting him is that if the game goes to plan and we're winning, he doesn't need to play Riordan at all which is obviously better for the player.

AS for the second part of your post, can't argue with it.:greengrin

IWasThere2016
23-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Even half fit he was better than most. Two goes at goal and involved in the lead up play to the first.
He must be thinking long and hard about leaving ER .. Then where will we be? Nish and the Lith Nish? Deary me ...

macca70
23-10-2010, 04:13 PM
The kind that has maybe stopped you from training all week, therefore restricting you to 45 mins or less?

So what type of injury is that then???

hibbymac
23-10-2010, 05:13 PM

:faf: Brilliant, so should it be the first 45 mins or the second 45 mins, (or 30 mins or 25 mins or 10 mins, which are all "less") :bitchy:

Big Ed
23-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Even half fit he was better than most. Two goes at goal and involved in the lead up play to the first.
He must be thinking long and hard about leaving ER .. Then where will we be? Nish and the Lith Nish? Deary me ...

He is out of contract at the same time as Nish and Lith Nish. Whether Riordan is at Hibs next season remains to be seen, but I very much doubt that the other two will be there.

DaveF
23-10-2010, 06:33 PM
So what type of injury is that then???

I have no idea, in fact I don't even know if he was injured or dropped. All I was doing was trying to do was give a possible reason for his being on the bench.

Still, despite the way hibbymac has interpreted my post :greengrin I think we have all seen players (for Hibs or other teams) who have been included as substitutes despite carrying knocks which have limited their training during the week.

Alfred E Newman
23-10-2010, 06:35 PM

Those who were actually at the game last week would have noticed Riordan limping on to the field for the second half. I was surprised he lasted the 90mins last week so it was no surprise to see him miss out today. The lack of options on the bench and the injuries to Nish and Wotherspoon were the obvious reasons for bringing him on today. Even half fit he was still our best attacking threat.

Westie1875
23-10-2010, 06:40 PM

Hasn't taken CC long to notice his influence on the team though given the praise in the after match interview, hopefully he sees Riordan's situation as a priority to sort out.

HFC 0-7
23-10-2010, 06:46 PM
I think the logic behind not starting him is that if the game goes to plan and we're winning, he doesn't need to play Riordan at all which is obviously better for the player.

AS for the second part of your post, can't argue with it.:greengrin

I have never understood putting a guy on the bench if he has an injury or is short of match fitness. You will never know how long he can last if one of these applies. If you put them on from the start they may last 30 mins they may last 60. Put them on at half time then you might only get 30 mins meaning you have to substitute a substitute which leaves you short of options.

hibbymac
23-10-2010, 07:15 PM
I have no idea, in fact I don't even know if he was injured or dropped. All I was doing was trying to do was give a possible reason for his being on the bench.

Still, despite the way hibbymac has interpreted my post :greengrin I think we have all seen players (for Hibs or other teams) who have been included as substitutes despite carrying knocks which have limited their training during the week.

See below.

I have never understood putting a guy on the bench if he has an injury or is short of match fitness. You will never know how long he can last if one of these applies. If you put them on from the start they may last 30 mins they may last 60. Put them on at half time then you might only get 30 mins meaning you have to substitute a substitute which leaves you short of options.

:agree: Think that sums up my thoughts, ..... if you're fit enough for the bench, you're fit enough to start. Anything else is a gamble.

DaveF
23-10-2010, 07:24 PM
:agree: Think that sums up my thoughts, ..... if you're fit enough for the bench, you're fit enough to start. Anything else is a gamble.

I agree its a gamble, but I was merely pointing out that it happens and fairly regularly too.

Dirkster23
23-10-2010, 07:25 PM

There's not many goals in the team without Derek, guess CC thought it was worth the gamble to try and get back into the game.

As Matty has already said, i'm sure CC hoped he wouldn't have to use Derek today.

IWasThere2016
23-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Hasn't taken CC long to notice his influence on the team though given the praise in the after match interview, hopefully he sees Riordan's situation as a priority to sort out.

Haven't read CC's comments Westie - but that is encouraging IMHO. Get the offer made Hibs :agree:

essexhibee
23-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Haven't read CC's comments Westie - but that is encouraging IMHO. Get the offer made Hibs :agree:
Thing is though is that his off-field antics are a joke. Bad influence on the team.

Great talent but total waste thanks to a ridiculous attitude.

Westie1875
23-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Thing is though is that his off-field antics are a joke. Bad influence on the team.

Really? What has he done recently?

clerriehibs
23-10-2010, 08:11 PM

What are these off-field antics then? Do tell.

matty_f
23-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Really? What has he done recently?

Think he tried to get into a pub. I nearly cried with the shame of it.

skipster7
23-10-2010, 08:20 PM

if off field antics mean sitting on his xbox all the time, yes even at the weekends then his antics truly shame hibs ?:confused:

essexhibee
23-10-2010, 09:41 PM
if off field antics mean sitting on his xbox all the time, yes even at the weekends then his antics truly shame hibs ?:confused:

Not a dig at all at you pal but the stories would suggest different... such as being on the piss all night, turning up to training, and then going back on the piss again..they are many stories. Thankfully another bad influence pissed off west.

Dont get me wrong i absolutely love Derek on the pitch, hes a true hibbee, i would lace his boots every saturday. His passion for the club is clear to see, such as his antics towards the hearts fans on a certain thursday night derby in the mixu era, but he lets himself down off the park.

He could have been so much more and its sad to see. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Not a dig at all at you pal but the stories would suggest different... such as being on the piss all night, turning up to training, and then going back on the piss again..they are many stories. Thankfully another bad influence pissed off west.

Dont get me wrong i absolutely love Derek on the pitch, hes a true hibbee, i would lace his boots every saturday. His passion for the club is clear to see, such as his antics towards the hearts fans on a certain thursday night derby in the mixu era, but he lets himself down off the park.

Maybe you are getting Stokes and Riordan mixed up?:confused:

essexhibee
23-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Maybe you are getting Stokes and Riordan mixed up?:confused:
No, there just as bad as each other. Stokes was a bad influence on derek from what i know though, thankfully he pissed off though.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 09:51 PM
No, there just as bad as each other. Stokes was a bad influence on derek from what i know though, thankfully he pissed off though.

I dont believe you, its funny how these stories, and you have more you say have made essex, yet have not surfaced in Edinburgh? Tell us the other nuggets you know please.

monktonharp
23-10-2010, 09:55 PM

He could have been so much more and its sad to see. :rolleyes:do you read the Scottish Sun or Daily Record Essex edition by any chance? or have a jambo/bouncer mate who works in Embra?

Dirkster23
23-10-2010, 10:05 PM

So what are all these stories? Apart from the the odd run in with the Unite scheme things appear to be pretty quiet with Derek :confused:

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 10:06 PM
So what are all these stories? Apart from the the odd run in with the Unite scheme things appear to be pretty quiet with Derek :confused:

Fairy stories. :agree:

Dirkster23
23-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Fairy stories. :agree:

Aye, we're in enough trouble without people making up stories about one of our remaining bright lights :agree:

silverhibee
24-10-2010, 01:26 PM

If you are meaning Derek Riordan in the bit in bold, then i dont believe you, i think you are telling porkies, if not, then let us hear what bad things Riordan is getting up to, his off-the field antics, bad influence on the team, :confused:.
Infact have you ever met DR, i have, away from football he his a very quiet lad, a bit on the shy side, but approachable and polite when he speaks to anyone he doesn't know.
On the pitch, yes he likes to moan, because he reads the game so much better than some of the players around him, its frustrating for him when he doesn't get the quick early pass that he wants, thats when he moans, but from what i hear he is a likeable lad with his team-mates at Hibs.
So come on essex spill the beans on all the bad things he is getting up to that you claim bad boy Deek does. :yawn::yawn:

silverhibee
24-10-2010, 01:27 PM

Have you met them, Deeks is an angel compared to Stokes.

silverhibee
24-10-2010, 02:14 PM
C'mon essex since your up and now slating Nish in a other thread, whats your reply to the questions above.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-10-2010, 03:07 PM
When I heard the team being read out, I had assumed that the line up was being driven by injuries, so when Deeks came on I was a bit confused. I would have gambled with him from the start and the replaced him if he was tiring.

fishybeaver
24-10-2010, 03:15 PM
When I heard the team being read out, I had assumed that the line up was being driven by injuries, so when Deeks came on I was a bit confused. I would have gambled with him from the start and the replaced him if he was tiring.

My take is that CC would rather have not played Deek at all, but was left with no option but to put him on given the scoreline and injuries etc if we had been 2 up then I doubt we would have seen deek at all. Sure he would have rather not risked any player that wasnt 100% incase it made the injury worse.

Or is that just common sense?

erin go bragh
24-10-2010, 03:55 PM
My take is that CC would rather have not played Deek at all, but was left with no option but to put him on given the scoreline and injuries etc if we had been 2 up then I doubt we would have seen deek at all. Sure he would have rather not risked any player that wasnt 100% incase it made the injury worse.

Or is that just common sense?
:top marks when calderwood was talking before the match he said deeks hadnt trained all week

Riordans Boots
24-10-2010, 07:31 PM
If you are meaning Derek Riordan in the bit in bold, then i dont believe you, i think you are telling porkies, if not, then let us hear what bad things Riordan is getting up to, his off-the field antics, bad influence on the team, :confused:.
Infact have you ever met DR, i have, away from football he his a very quiet lad, a bit on the shy side, but approachable and polite when he speaks to anyone he doesn't know.
On the pitch, yes he likes to moan, because he reads the game so much better than some of the players around him, its frustrating for him when he doesn't get the quick early pass that he wants, thats when he moans, but from what i hear he is a likeable lad with his team-mates at Hibs.
So come on essex spill the beans on all the bad things he is getting up to that you claim bad boy Deek does. :yawn::yawn:

Well said silver :top marks

HibbyAndy
24-10-2010, 07:35 PM

I just text Deek telling him im waiting oan Villareal for 60 quid, Answer?..'What about the Red Hibs'...Made no reference to my bet, Thats Derek , Take him or leave him .

Saorsa
25-10-2010, 12:22 PM

C'mon essex since your up and now slating Nish in a other thread, whats your reply to the questions above.Ah well, still nae answer tae your question I see, I like a story and I was fair looking forward tae hearing these too, shame. :agree:

GreenPJ
25-10-2010, 01:17 PM

Is there a webcam I can maybe sign up to to watch Deeks in his house?

greenlex
25-10-2010, 01:35 PM
See below.

Think bigger. Think of the squad. What options were available to be on the bench?
A half fit Riordan or someone else?

Aldo
25-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Would rather Deek was fully fit and in shape for the Derby...which by the way I fear for us.

We have no leadership infact we have nothing..... No organisation and well enough said.

We must be the other managers fav teams to play at the moment as we roll over and get tickled at every opportunity.

hibiedude
25-10-2010, 03:08 PM

Risking our best player for 45 minutes play is not exceptable what would have happened if the injury was made worse and deeks was out for 5-6 weeks.

then we would be in serious sh't

matty_f
25-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Risking our best player for 45 minutes play is not exceptable what would have happened if the injury was made worse and deeks was out for 5-6 weeks.

then we would be in serious sh't

Why don't you write a stongly worded letter of complain about it? I'm sure they'll appreciate your expert analysis of the situation, and will take into account what you deem to be 'exceptable' for future instances.

skipster7
25-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Is there a webcam I can maybe sign up to to watch Deeks in his house?

obviously a gaming virgin :tee hee: are you suggesting im spying on him ?if someone is on your friends list you know when they are on etc:blah::wink:

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2010, 09:14 AM

Ah well, still nae answer tae your question I see, I like a story and I was fair looking forward tae hearing these too, shame. :agree:

Essex answer these allegations please.

essexhibee
27-10-2010, 09:18 AM

One such story being a pub lock-in with stokes. Sat up drinking from Midnight to six in the morning, went to training, and then was back in the boozer by midday.

You think thats model behaviour? Im sorry but as a so called professional sportmens thats a joke and he should be sacked. Theres more stories but tbh i cant be arsed saying them all on here just to get shouted down. I dont know why you feel the need to be all bullyish towards me Blackpool? :confused:

H18sry
27-10-2010, 09:24 AM

He won't because he has no foundation for his points.

I do not know Derek personally but have met him in the past on a few occasions and as Silver says, he is a shy but polite laddie,who will talk to you without any air's and graces,but he has a few boisterous mates and maybe that's why he gets a bad reputation.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2010, 09:25 AM
One such story being a pub lock-in with stokes. Sat up drinking from Midnight to six in the morning, went to training, and then was back in the boozer by midday.

You think thats model behaviour? Im sorry but as a so called professional sportmens thats a joke and he should be sacked. Theres more stories but tbh i cant be arsed saying them all on here just to get shouted down. I dont know why you feel the need to be all bullyish towards me Blackpool? :confused:

Bullyish my arse. :faf: Where did you get this information? Do you know if its even true? Do you not think its strange this has been nowhere near the media or even the fans who live in Edinburgh, yet has found its way to essex? Come on tell us more, if you are brave enough to make statements like this, surely you are brave enough to answer questions on it?

Steve20
27-10-2010, 09:31 AM

You think thats model behaviour? Im sorry but as a so called professional sportmens thats a joke and he should be sacked. Theres more stories but tbh i cant be arsed saying them all on here just to get shouted down. :

I think you're making all this rubbish up, tbh.

KeithTheHibby
27-10-2010, 09:42 AM

Mate if you want a spade give me a shout.

I don't believe for one minute that he bevvied for 6 hours then went to work technically. How did he get to East Mains? I assume he drove therefore committing a legal offence?

I am also interested to hear the other stories that you have.

jdships
27-10-2010, 09:55 AM
He won't because he has no foundation for his points.

I do not know Derek personally but have met him in the past on a few occasions and as Silver says, he is a shy but polite laddie,who will talk to you without any air's and graces,but he has a few boisterous mates and maybe that's why he gets a bad reputation.

Exactly like you I have met Derek on odd occasions and he comes accross as an ordinary young man - unfortunately he hasn't chosen his mates very well.
"essexhibbee" could be heading for a "defamation of character " charge if not careful :wink:

dangermouse
28-10-2010, 02:45 PM
one such story being a pub lock-in with stokes. Sat up drinking from midnight to six in the morning, went to training, and then was back in the boozer by midday.

You think thats model behaviour? Im sorry but as a so called professional sportmens thats a joke and he should be sacked. Theres more stories but tbh i cant be arsed saying them all on here just to get shouted down. I dont know why you feel the need to be all bullyish towards me blackpool? :confused:

LTYF :wink: