Lofarl
23-10-2010, 02:38 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9116414.stm

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Usual pish, likes what he saw. :faf:

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-10-2010, 02:57 PM
I see from that link Aberdeen had 4 efforts on target!

Fantic
23-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Good to hear the manager has his 2 feet firmly on the ground - the amount of drivel written on here this afternoon is unbelievable.

ScottB
23-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Given the length of time he seemed to have kept them in the dressing room, I can't think he was so forgiving in there.

And that's where it matters.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Right enough, people frustrated at 8 months (at least) of watching that cack, or as you say drivel!

heretoday
23-10-2010, 03:09 PM
We just need to get better. You said it, CC!

Hard for him. He's got a bit to go before he can start to build his side and he's got to get on with these guys till then.

You can sense the disappointment in his voice, although something tells me it would take a calamity of Norman Wisdom standards to get him expressing strong emotion.

GloryGlory
23-10-2010, 03:25 PM
We just need to get better. You said it, CC!

Hard for him. He's got a bit to go before he can start to build his side and he's got to get on with these guys till then.

You can sense the disappointment in his voice, although something tells me it would take a calamity of Norman Wisdom standards to get him expressing strong emotion.

From what I have read about him, he may come across as quiet and self-effacing, but he is a steely character who knows what he wants, I don't think anyone in the dressing room will wait too long to hear his opinion and what he expects. I hope and expect that the "It's not business as usual" signs will appear at East Mains soon!

Dinkydoo
Don't really know what to make of that. I agree in the sense that we need more unity about the squad and we do need to get better but I really don't think the team deserve any praise at all today.

We certainley didn't show character (or words to that effect) by keeping going after being four down.

We showed sheer incompetence in losing the four goals and I'd expect a former defender to be a bit more critical IMO.

Hart on the Right, Murray on the Left and a centre of Hogg/Bamba and Hanlon should be much better - OK, not brilliant but better than having four CB's that didn't keep thier shape at all when defending today.

offshorehibby
some of these guys are supposed to be professional footballers and some even have international honours. hopefully we've now got a coach that can teach them how do the easy thing right. Like defend.

EasterRoad4Ever
23-10-2010, 03:26 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9116414.stm

First time I've heard him talk and have to say I'm disappointed. Yes, he's got a hell of a job to do and Yes, he will be give the time and support to get it done. But this was just the same sort of guff we got from Hughes week after week - very little substance, ideas, detail, passion or clear strategy about how we're going to turn this crap around. I can only hope and pray that he's much more astute, articulate and clear thinking when it comes to sorting out this mess.

Jim44
23-10-2010, 03:33 PM
He said that he had a great squad of players with the right mindset and was then immediately contradicted by John Robertson, I think it was, who said he was wrong about the players' mindset and that he had massive dressing room problems to solve. I don't like to admit it but I think Robertson was nearer the truth.

IndieHibby
23-10-2010, 03:49 PM
First time I've heard him talk and have to say I'm disappointed. Yes, he's got a hell of a job to do and Yes, he will be give the time and support to get it done. But this was just the same sort of guff we got from Hughes week after week - very little substance, ideas, detail, passion or clear strategy about how we're going to turn this crap around. I can only hope and pray that he's much more astute, articulate and clear thinking when it comes to sorting out this mess.

Hughes lacked many things, but I don't think you can get away with stating that passion was one....

Calderwood is hardly likely to share his strategy in a post-match interview, I game in, having been defeated 4-2!

Give the guy a chance....

Liam89
23-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Calderwood has just gotten the job he doesn't want to be getting on RP's bad side by bad mouthing the squad putting down their already low confidence no matter how pish they are. Give him a break :yawn:

The Green Goblin
23-10-2010, 03:54 PM
One game, 1st interview and some fans have already given up on him. Sometimes I wonder if the cack we have to put up with is what we deserve.

GG

ekhibee
23-10-2010, 03:57 PM
He said that he had a great squad of players with the right mindset and was then immediately contradicted by John Robertson, I think it was, who said he was wrong about the players' mindset and that he had massive dressing room problems to solve. I don't like to admit it but I think Robertson was nearer the truth.
I would tend to agree with you there Jim44, but he also emphasised in his interview the 4-0 before we got 2 goals. He's got a big job ahead of him, but sadly we might not see the true worth of CC until the winter transfer window, and that's still a good way away.

Dinkydoo
23-10-2010, 04:09 PM
One game, 1st interview and some fans have already given up on him. Sometimes I wonder if the cack we have to put up with is what we deserve.

GG

Who has given up on him?

I think that people are just annoyed and a bit diasppointed that he didn't have more to say after such an inept performance.

The Green Goblin
23-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Who has given up on him?

I think that people are just annoyed and a bit diasppointed that he didn't have more to say after such an inept performance.

But what do you want the guy to say? Should he have come out in his first interview saying that Hibs were crap and he felt like cutting his wrists in despair? Is that really what people expected him to do? From many comments on here, it seems they did. And what would that achieve exactly? Would it make things any better, or worse? How would that help him and the club between now and the next transfer window? It wouldn`t - it would only make a bad situation unravel even further.

Only an idiot would fail to see the problems throughout the squad, and from what I have read about him, he is no fool. As frustrated as we are as fans, we also have to give the guy a chance, and some people are jumping to say they have doubts about him already, based on his comments after his first game in charge. That`s not good enough on the part of the fans who are saying/writing such things.

GG

Big Ed
23-10-2010, 04:23 PM

I don't want to come across as nippy or agressive but what did you want the guy to say?
I doubt very much that any Manager goes out to an after match interview and says exactly what he really means.
Slating the players publicly might sound like a good idea but the only chance he has is to convince them that he knows what he is doing and he hasn't lost the plot.
CC is not a novice; let's see what happens next week, but bear in mind that these players are starting to get a reputation for being chicken hearted.

Duffys13
23-10-2010, 04:24 PM

I don't know what we are all expecting, but i think I would be more worried if after a few days on the training pitch and one game in charge, he gave a post match interview slating everyone. That game will give him an idea of what needs changed. He will have a plan

The_Horde
23-10-2010, 04:26 PM
It's threads like this that make me more and more demoralised and frustrated with football in general these days, never mind hibs.

BEEJ
23-10-2010, 04:29 PM
But what do you want the guy to say?

Should he have come out in his first interview saying that Hibs were crap and he felt like cutting his wrists in despair? Is that really what people expected him to do? From many comments on here, it seems they did. And what would that achieve exactly? Would it make things any better, or worse? How would that help him and the club between now and the next transfer window? It wouldn`t - it would only make a bad situation unravel even further.
Post match comments are neither here nor there but there is a heightened expectancy after a Manager's first game in charge about what he's going to say. How does he feel about what he's seen? I'd have been happier had he said something like:

"We've let in some very poor goals today and defensively we were awful at times. Credit to the boys for keeping on going after being 4 goals down, but we should not have been there in the first place.

It's early days yet for me at this club and at this stage every match, every training session is part of my learning curve as to what I have in the squad here. I can already see a few changes that I'll be making for the next match.

I understand that the fans will be disappointed but hope that they will recognise that this will take some time and stick with us during this process."

Purehibee_MYB
23-10-2010, 04:37 PM
I think he is just bringing the positives to the media, or at least some of them. I am 100% certain that he will not shy away from telling the players that our performance today was simply not good enough... I wouldn't be surprised if the players are in for training tomorrow.

First performance, first poor display, but ultimately I am still hopeful that CC will sort this out, starting with that back four.

Andy74
23-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Everyone who found fault with everything Hughes said happier with this one?

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 04:55 PM

When he said he was happy with what he saw, i nearly shat myself laughing. :faf: I am not going to believe anything, or take any notice either way with what he says. Its pointless, they are contracted to lie through their teeth, and never say what they are thinking.

BEEJ
23-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Well we didn't hear that all we needed was 'our luck to turn'.

sahib
23-10-2010, 04:58 PM
I think he is just bringing the positives to the media, or at least some of them. I am 100% certain that he will not shy away from telling the players that our performance today was simply not good enough... I wouldn't be surprised if the players are in for training tomorrow.

First performance, first poor display, but ultimately I am still hopeful that CC will sort this out, starting with that back four.

That is how it should be and he is free to come his own conclusions about the worth of various players.
Let's face it, even if he thought they were all crap what is the point of bringing them down further by telling them that. It would maybe cheer up most supporters to slag players off to their faces but that is not his job. He has to get the best out of them until he can get better.
I was greatly encouraged by that interview. He is the first manager since Mowbray to give me the impression that he understands what went wrong.

The Green Goblin
23-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Post match comments are neither here nor there but there is a heightened expectancy after a Manager's first game in charge about what he's going to say. How does he feel about what he's seen? I'd have been happier had he said something like: etc......

But that`s just it, that`s exactly what I`m talking about Beej. One game, first 2 or 3 minute interview after being at the club for a few days and you want the word perfect response. You`re never going to get it. Why should he show his hand so soon? And is he even in a position to make judgement calls about the best way forward after almost no time here?

I want to hear the right things too, but more than that, I want him to take a bit of time and make sure he gets it right. So, we agree about the interview being neither here nor there, but it`s what he does over the next few months that matters. For fans to make any kind of judgements on the man or his abilities after the first post-match interview is just being silly imho.

GG

BEEJ
23-10-2010, 05:11 PM
But that`s just it, that`s exactly what I`m talking about Beej. One game, first 2 or 3 minute interview after being at the club for a few days and you want the word perfect response. You`re never going to get it. Why should he show his hand so soon? And is he even in a position to make judgement calls about the best way forward after almost no time here?

I want to hear the right things too, but more than that, I want him to take a bit of time and make sure he gets it right. So, we agree about the interview being neither here nor there, but it`s what he does over the next few months that matters. For fans to make any kind of judgements on the man or his abilities after the first post-match interview is just being silly imho.

GG
GG, unfortunately it's all about PR and communication. Whether we like it or not, most fans expect the Manager to be communicating with them through the post match interview.

They don't need detailed analyses of what's gone wrong. They do want to hear that 'aspects of that performance were unacceptable' and that 'changes will be made'. CC must know that he can't field those same players in those same starting positions again, so he would have been safe to say that.

It also sends a strong signal to the dressing-room that players should expect there to be changes when performances have been poor. No names, no pack-drill; but the Manager is not content with what he has seen. Shape up or expect to find yourself on the bench or left out.

stantonhibby
23-10-2010, 05:18 PM
GG, unfortunately it's all about PR and communication. Whether we like it or not, most fans expect the Manager to be communicating with them through the post match interview.

They don't need detailed analyses of what's gone wrong. They do want to hear that 'aspects of that performance were unacceptable' and that 'changes will be made'. CC must know that he can't field those same players in those same starting positions again, so he would have been safe to say that.

It also sends a strong signal to the dressing-room that players should expect there to be changes when performances have been poor. No names, no pack-drill; but the Manager is not content with what he has seen. Shape up or expect to find yourself on the bench or left out.

why would he need to do this via the media though ? He spoke with them for quite a while after the game so i'm sure he would have let them have his thoughts and will do so at training etc

The Green Goblin
23-10-2010, 05:25 PM

I also hope that is his intention, but I think we`ll see if it is through the decisions he makes over the next few weeks/games rather than what he said today. I just find it frustrating to see slightly critical comments of the new manager after the very first game. That`s all I was getting at.

GG

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 05:34 PM
why would he need to do this via the media though ? He spoke with them for quite a while after the game so i'm sure he would have let them have his thoughts and will do so at training etc

:agree: If he does not have a right good go at them on Monday, this lot will walk all over him.

FitbaFolkKen
23-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm amazed with the reaction to this interview some things he said in the 2.5 minutes -

He is unhappy we went 4-0 down, simple as that
Lost goals, repetition and organisation will sort this
Needs more cohesion and unity in the team
Pleased that they dug in and kept working, albeit at 4-0 down
Praised Riordan's influence
We need to get better...common goal....
We don't want to get beat
6 months, hopefully a change in performance and results
Players are hurt by today

Now reading through the thread has he not said pretty much everything people asked for???? Team to get better, cut out the easy goals, not get beat....and hopefully the players are hurting. Plus he can't change the players for a couple of months so what options does he really have other than to try and build them up again.

As i said, amazed at the reaction....

sahib
23-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Well we didn't hear that all we needed was 'our luck to turn'.

I thought in a way, we we as unlucky today as we were lucky against Killie.:confused::greengrin

LeithBoozy
23-10-2010, 05:58 PM
At least he did not say we were all over them, And have the fans wondering what match they had been at. Until we can bring in some new face's, I think we should give some of the kids a chance, they surely could not do any worse than this lot.???

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 05:59 PM
I thought in a way, we we as unlucky today as we were lucky against Killie.:confused::greengrin

:tee hee:

Bishop Hibee
23-10-2010, 06:02 PM
:agree: If he does not have a right good go at them on Monday, this lot will walk all over him.

Given the length of time he was in the dressing room with them I hope he let them know a few home truths. It'll take Calderwood longer than a training session on Monday to turn those players into a cohesive unit. A merging of Ferguson and Mourinho couldn't do that. I do think there will be players brought in in the transfer window and a massive clear out in the summer.

Are you suggesting Yogi was too soft with the players, they walked over him and that's why he was sacked rather than his own consistently bizarre tactics and poor results?

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Given the length of time he was in the dressing room with them I hope he let them know a few home truths. It'll take Calderwood longer than a training session on Monday to turn those players into a cohesive unit. A merging of Ferguson and Mourinho couldn't do that. I do think there will be players brought in in the transfer window and a massive clear out in the summer.

Are you suggesting Yogi was too soft with the players, they walked over him and that's why he was sacked rather than his own consistently bizarre tactics and poor results?

To be perfectly honest, i have no idea just how hard or soft he was with the players? I have heard stories he was too pally with them, then the next week he was telling them they would never play for the club again, and they could go out and find another club?:confused: He was sacked because of his results as manager.

BEEJ
23-10-2010, 06:29 PM
To be consistent. Don't send different messages to them through the medium of radio and TV as you are telling them directly in the dressing room.

The overall tone needs to be one of strong disappointment.

I'm amazed with the reaction to this interview some things he said in the 2.5 minutes -

He is unhappy we went 4-0 down, simple as that
Lost goals, repetition and organisation will sort this
Needs more cohesion and unity in the team
Pleased that they dug in and kept working, albeit at 4-0 down
Praised Riordan's influence
We need to get better...common goal....
We don't want to get beat
6 months, hopefully a change in performance and results
Players are hurt by today

Now reading through the thread has he not said pretty much everything people asked for???? Team to get better, cut out the easy goals, not get beat....and hopefully the players are hurting. Plus he can't change the players for a couple of months so what options does he really have other than to try and build them up again.

As i said, amazed at the reaction....
In my opinion after a performance / result like that sentences like:

"They are all good defenders and midfielders, I quite like what I see."

Is a puzzling thing to say.

I'm hopeful that CC will prove to be the right man for the job - he hasn't even been in post for a week yet. I was merely listening out for strong signals in that interview that this was someone who is already becoming aware of the issues and who will take no nonsense.

Big Ed
23-10-2010, 06:36 PM
I don't think his interview was puzzling at all. He was clearly unimpressed today but rather than publicly put the boot in, he threw the players a couple of bones like "They are all good defenders and midfielders, I quite like what I see."

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't think his interview was puzzling at all. He was clearly unimpressed today but rather than publicly put the boot in, he threw the players a couple of bones like "They are all good defenders and midfielders, I quite like what I see."

While i really don't want to get drawn into this debate, as i have previously said managers lie, they never say what they mean. Although when he says he likes what he saw, can you not see how that can be used against him? I watched the 90 minutes today, and can say without any hesitation, there was nothing i saw today that i liked.

Andy74
23-10-2010, 08:13 PM
While i really don't want to get drawn into this debate, as i have previously said managers lie, they never say what they mean. Although when he says he likes what he saw, can you not see how that can be used against him? I watched the 90 minutes today, and can say without any hesitation, there was nothing i saw today that i liked.

Also, Hughes was being slated for saying just about the same things.

IWasThere2016
23-10-2010, 08:25 PM

CC's had one game. Hughes havered pish for weeks/months.

Hughes had 3 windows, and signed 16 players - he inherited a number he regularly played also in Riordan, Murray, Hogg, Bamba, Rankin, Nish and Zemmama - and left us in poorer nick IMHO than Mixu did. Why? Incompetence IMHO. Gross incompetence.

The WORST home form EVER !!!

To draw comparisons between Yogi and CC after 1 game is laughable IMHO.

down the slope
23-10-2010, 08:39 PM

And how do you know it was even his team ?, i would have thought he would have given Evans and Co the nod to select the eleven for today.
Give the man a chance for f.... sake, it will take a long time to sort out our problems, you can write this season off until we get rid of the megga dross we have on our books , be patient .

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 08:52 PM
And how do you know it was even his team ?, i would have thought he would have given Evans and Co the nod to select the eleven for today.
Give the man a chance for f.... sake, it will take a long time to sort out our problems, you can write this season off until we get rid of the megga dross we have on our books , be patient .

No chance, he made a right mess of that team selection, then talked a right load of pish afterwards. Give me Yogi back please.

ronaldo7
23-10-2010, 09:01 PM

Who says they're getting tomorrow off:greengrin

Andy74
23-10-2010, 09:47 PM

Hughes had 3 windows, and signed 16 players - he inherited a number he regularly played also in Riordan, Murray, Hogg, Bamba, Rankin, Nish and Zemmama - and left us in poorer nick IMHO than Mixu did. Why? Incompetence IMHO. Gross incompetence.

It's not drawing comparisons. It's highlighting that it was just daft the stick Hughes was taking for his press comments. With the same set of players the two coaches last week and now Calderwood are saying exactly the same things.

IWasThere2016
23-10-2010, 10:36 PM
How is saying that two people are saying the same thing one week apart not drawing a comparison? :dunno:

GreenPJ
23-10-2010, 10:50 PM
He can't change the squad until Jan and as we saw with Mowbray at Celtic if you try and make wholesale changes in one window its unlikely to work.

He needs to keep players focussed and onside as he recognises if you don't we could be in a relegation fight never mind bottom 6.

Am sure he will get his points across and I hope the 'fans' are willing to give him more than 90 mins and one interview :bitchy:

Speedway
23-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Keeping in mind that the reaction is from maybe 10-11 posters on here, who might actually be 2 people under various guises for all we know, it's not really representative.

I wonder what everyone makes of this?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101023/calderwood-we-need-cohesion_2262950_2194734

The Harp Awakes
23-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Managers can say what they like in interviews and typically it is a load of p@sh. Yogi was a prime culprit but what finished him was not what he spouted to the TV rather getting it wrong on the pitch. I don't think CC is a mug and he will have made a good few observations after today's game and I reckon 2 to 3 months from now he will have steadied the ship.

Dinkydoo
24-10-2010, 12:03 AM
But what do you want the guy to say? Should he have come out in his first interview saying that Hibs were crap and he felt like cutting his wrists in despair? Is that really what people expected him to do? From many comments on here, it seems they did. And what would that achieve exactly? Would it make things any better, or worse? How would that help him and the club between now and the next transfer window? It wouldn`t - it would only make a bad situation unravel even further.

Only an idiot would fail to see the problems throughout the squad, and from what I have read about him, he is no fool. As frustrated as we are as fans, we also have to give the guy a chance, and some people are jumping to say they have doubts about him already, based on his comments after his first game in charge. That`s not good enough on the part of the fans who are saying/writing such things.

GG

No need to get all melodramtic about it, jesus christ.

OK he didn't seem pleased with the performance and didn't give much away but we (the fans) aren't mind readers. We are at a point where we need reassurance that despite all the crap on the park, we have someone in charge that is going to address the serious issues with our team.

I don't have doubts about him already but any set of fans after such a rubbish performance would expect their manager to say a few words on how he thought we could have improved today and where we went wrong - CC, IMO didn't really do either of that. To expect that isn't unrealistic.

CraigHibee
24-10-2010, 12:18 AM

:agree:

it appears some folk are expecting cc to be working wonders within a few days.

its not going to happen! he needs time and given time im confident he will get the team moving in the right direction. folk just need to give him a break!

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2010, 12:31 AM

I don't know about you but I'm getting the impression that so many of them are past saving, whether you kick their ***** or buy them drinks all night in George Street won't make a whole lot of difference. A clear out needed methinks.

latapy10
24-10-2010, 12:36 AM
:top marks

Steve-O
24-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Calderwood must go.

Cropley10
24-10-2010, 08:16 AM
No chance, he made a right mess of that team selection, then talked a right load of pish afterwards. Give me Yogi back please.

Drama queen

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Drama queen

It took a while, but. hehehe

bighairyfaeleith
24-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Don't hear much wrong in the interview, it won't do him anygood to smash the confidence of the squad in his first interview, he says enough to tell you that things need to be fixed but he isn't going to be drawn on particulars after just a few games in charge.

I'm trying not to think too much about our performances just now, give it a few weeks and lets see how he sets the team out in terms of formation, line up etc then we can start to see what sort of manager he will be, I would be surprised if he made too many of the decisions today and I think he will have been heavily influenced by his backroom team.

Hibees07
24-10-2010, 09:12 AM
My biggest concern about this game is that teams normally get a lift when a new manager takes over, clearly this wasn't the case yesterday. Looking at the squad we have and the clear lack of interest from most of the players what can CC possibly do to turn things around, when he can't even count on players raising their game for his first match in charge.

I don't expect to get many, if any points from our next 3 fixtues and fully expect to be holding up the rest of the league. Yes it's very defeatist but I just cannot see how these players are going to suddenly spark into life and play with a passion that matches the supporters on this site.

Andy74
24-10-2010, 09:46 AM
How is saying that two people are saying the same thing one week apart not drawing a comparison? :dunno:

You are suggesting I am making some sort of comparison on how they both performed. I'm not.

All I am suggesting is that now suddenly these seem to be the right things to say about the team yet Hughes was wrong saying the same things about the same players.

Phil D. Rolls
24-10-2010, 10:19 AM

Yes but Yogi's approach was to keep talking till the right quote came out. He said so many things he often contradicted himself.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Yes but Yogi's approach was to keep talking till the right quote came out. He said so many things he often contradicted himself.

Its a good job Calderwood got straight in with the rubbish right away. :wink:

The Green Goblin
24-10-2010, 11:38 AM
No need to get all melodramtic about it, jesus christ.

OK he didn't seem pleased with the performance and didn't give much away but we (the fans) aren't mind readers. We are at a point where we need reassurance that despite all the crap on the park, we have someone in charge that is going to address the serious issues with our team.

I don't have doubts about him already but any set of fans after such a rubbish performance would expect their manager to say a few words on how he thought we could have improved today and where we went wrong - CC, IMO didn't really do either of that. To expect that isn't unrealistic.

You misunderstood the tone of my comment completely. No need to respond like that - your comment on my post was a good, thoughtful one and would have been fine by itself without the wee dig at the start.

GG

Dinkydoo
24-10-2010, 12:23 PM
You misunderstood the tone of my comment completely. No need to respond like that - your comment on my post was a good, thoughtful one and would have been fine by itself without the wee dig at the start.

GG

Apologies for that, it was late and I was just in from the pub - not an excuse but an explanation.

:lips seal

BEEJ
24-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Keeping in mind that the reaction is from maybe 10-11 posters on here, who might actually be 2 people under various guises for all we know, it's not really representative.

I wonder what everyone makes of this?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101023/calderwood-we-need-cohesion_2262950_2194734
Read that this morning. Happier with his comments on there.

"It is a horrible result for us, but hopefully we have learned from the mistakes we made."

"We have all made mistakes today and I will include myself in that assessment, but we will win and lose together.We will reflect on a poor result that may have been better but in all honesty Aberdeen did the basics things better.

"The positives to take from today are that we have an eye for goal and scored two from oblivion but it is easy to charge a game when you are beat and we were truly beat at that point."

CC is probably better at processing his thoughts after reflection and on paper than in an interview in the immediate aftermath of a match. Fair do's and I'll rely more on his written comments in future.

(Speaking for myself, I post under one 'guise' only. Don't have time to play those multi-personality games on here. :wink:)

Dinkydoo
24-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Read that this morning. Happier with his comments on there.

CC is probably better at processing his thoughts after reflection and on paper than in an interview in the immediate aftermath of a match. Fair do's and I'll rely more on his written comments in future.

(Speaking for myself, I post under one 'guise' only. Don't have time to play those multi-personality games on here. :wink:)

Same here.

Some of us were perhaps too quick to judge after only his first game but I don't think it's unusual for people to crave some sort of critical evaluation from the big guy in charge - especially after we've had to endure such incompetence from the last two managers.

We are all dying for Hibs to do well at the moment; sometimes that can be a blessing and at other times a curse.

The Green Goblin
24-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Apologies for that, it was late and I was just in from the pub - not an excuse but an explanation.

:lips seal

No worries mate. :wink:

GG