PDA

View Full Version : John Hughes

Judas Iscariot
23-10-2010, 02:11 PM
He may not of got much right in his time but he got the dropping of Hogg, Rankin and Stevenson SPOT ON :top marks

How these 3 goons are deemed to be good enough for a start for Hibernian is a disgrace :grr::bitchy::boo hoo:

Calderwood, if it takes you longer than a week to work out they 3 are utterly dreadful I fear for what's in store for us..

They're not the only ones but they do stick out like a sair thumb as being the shîtest of the shïte..

Do the right thing CC :agree:

Ozyhibby
23-10-2010, 02:13 PM
He may not of got much right in his time but he got the dropping of Hogg, Rankin and Stevenson SPOT ON :top marks

How these 3 goons are deemed to be good enough for a start for Hibernian is a disgrace :grr::bitchy::boo hoo:

Calderwood, if it takes you longer than a week to work out they 3 are utterly dreadful I fear for what's in store for us..

They're not the only ones but they do stick out like a sair thumb as being the shîtest of the shïte..

:agree:

Golden Bear
23-10-2010, 02:17 PM

I'm not a great fan of Lewis Stevenson, but he was by no means the worst today in fact I thought he played very well in the first half.

He looked as though he had an appetite to receive the ball and was willing to take players on.

Granted he disappeared in the second half along with some of his more illustrious midfield teammates.

Greenway
23-10-2010, 02:18 PM

You've only done half a job here...., the replacements should be.......?

We can all look you the park and see dross, then turn to the bench and go "oh dear".:rolleyes:

Good luck CC, you'll need it.

Delboy*
23-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm not a great fan of Lewis Stevenson, but he was by no means the worst today in fact I thought he played very well in the first half.

He looked as though he had an appetite to receive the ball and was willing to take players on.

Granted he disappeared in the second half along with some of his more illustrious midfield teammates.

WTF :confused:

Im no beatin up on the wee guy but our team needs attacking wide players wi some pace about them n he falls so short of the mark. He, like too many is just too wee n lightwieght.

Bamba for centre midfield

StarMan10
23-10-2010, 02:26 PM
people need to lay off stevenson because out of that pish performance he was good in the first half but drifted out of the game second half.
Miller played poor which is worrying that one of our best players is in poor form
also nish did ok today
the defence... well the less said the better
and the new boy trakys looks like a donkey aswell but only got 20mins so dont know about him yet.

Golden Bear
23-10-2010, 02:30 PM
people need to lay off stevenson because out of that pish performance he was good in the first half but drifted out of the game second half.
Miller played poor which is worrying that one of our best players is in poor form
also nish did ok today
and the new boy trakys looks like a donkey aswell but only got 20mins so dont know about him yet.

:agree:

Is he in poor form or is it simply a case of he couldnae care a monkeys tosser?

I'm beginning to wonder.

truehibernian
23-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Hughes is totally responsible for the mess we are in. Allowed players too much latitude off the park, didn't iinstill discipline, kept faith with poor footballers, and introduced a lazy culture.

Aberdeen were there for the beating but playing 4 centre halves in a backline is ludicrous.

Drop the so called senior pros, play the youngsters

CC saw all he needed to see today. Poor attitude, laziness, lack of fitness and skill. I pity your job prospects with this shower of drinkers, party animals and general wasters Colin.

Will keep you posted tonight on the first teams drinking exploits. One constant with Hibs you can truly rely on.

Dinkydoo
23-10-2010, 02:41 PM

Have to disagree, even though I don't think Stevenson should be a first team choice week in week out (although tbh, we haven't really seen enough of him to judge IMO), I thought he was one of the best of a ***** lot today.

Out of the rest of our squad, who do you think would be any better on the left?

What about the rest of our defence today, they were a shambles from start to finish with Bamba and Dickho (sp) being especially rubbish - they pushed forward for the first two goals (and a few close calls before that) and when Aberdeen won the ball they simply didn't have the pace to get back, school boy stuff IMO.

PISTOL1875
23-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Have to disagree, even though I don't think Stevenson should be a first team choice week in week out (although tbh, we haven't really seen enough of him to judge IMO), I thought he was one of the best of a ***** lot today.

Stevenson did have a good game today. He's one of the few who would get pass marks from me...

StarMan10
23-10-2010, 02:43 PM

as a winger galbraith is the obvious choice in my books

IWasThere2016
23-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Bar a couple of loose passes, Stevenson was one of our better players IMHO.

Dinkydoo
23-10-2010, 03:06 PM

I agree in priciple* although I didn't think he did very much to impress and looked very lightweight on the ball.

*The principle being we really need a bit of width and pace in our midfield.

Hiber-nation
23-10-2010, 03:13 PM
It makes no difference whatsoever who plays, where they play and in what formation. We're pish.

If CC can sort this lot out into a top 6 team this season it'll be a miracle.

Hibs7
23-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Hughes left us this load of crap and is totally responsible for the mess we are in hence his removal. Stevenson and Evans don't seem to be much better...... playing Hogg as FULL BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It beggers belief where these clowns get their ideas from. :grr:

Dashing Bob S
23-10-2010, 03:23 PM
It's now evident that Hughes biggest failing was believing he could get any response from that shower of shhh you know what.

Calderwood has to clearout the dross quick.

My team for Dundee Utd

Brown

Hart. Stevens. Hanlon Booth

Wotherspoon Bamba Miller Galbraith

Riordan Byrne

Sir David Gray
23-10-2010, 03:26 PM
It's now evident that Hughes biggest failing was believing he could get any response from that shower of shhh you know what.

Calderwood has to clearout the dross quick.

My team for Dundee Utd

Brown

Hart. Stevens. Hanlon Booth

Wotherspoon Bamba Miller Galbraith

Riordan Byrne

I'm sure I've seen people on here saying that, although we could recall our players who are currently on loan, we would be unable to register and play them until January.

That would obviously include Callum Booth.

Hibby Cam
23-10-2010, 03:29 PM

:yawn:

same old p@sh post only a different season..............

Riordans Boots
23-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Bar a couple of loose passes, Stevenson was one of our better players IMHO.

Defo G :agree: (Just got your PM the now :grr:)

matty_f
23-10-2010, 03:40 PM

How's the post pish? A good number of folk on here would agree with what he's posted, including me.

We've too many players at Hibs who aren't good enough for a top 6 side, never mind one that wants to be challenging for third.

Hibby Cam
23-10-2010, 03:52 PM
How's the post pish? A good number of folk on here would agree with what he's posted, including me.

We've too many players at Hibs who aren't good enough for a top 6 side, never mind one that wants to be challenging for third.

every post he has made for god knows how long is the same pish post about hogg, he is the chris hogg of hibs.net

Hibby Cam
23-10-2010, 03:54 PM

ive read a load of your posts and agree with some and disagree with others as is your opinion, but the difference is............ you change the record

Judas Iscariot
23-10-2010, 04:01 PM

Aye, another season of being subjected to dross like that..

In your godly opinion are the 3 players I mentioned good enough for Hibs?

Baldy Foghorn
23-10-2010, 04:03 PM

What a lot of pish..... Hogg ain't a right back, and rather than slagging off Rankin and Stevenson, look at billy big baws Miller, paid handsomely to swan about doing next to nowt......

Baldy Foghorn
23-10-2010, 04:05 PM
also nish did ok today

Miller has been poor all Season

Dinkydoo
23-10-2010, 04:05 PM

Although I wouldn't say it's pish because it's mostly down to opinion and tbh, that wouldn't be fair. To me it just seems to be that the same old scapegoats get it in the neck time and time again.

Hogg probably isn't goold enough for a first team place but at the same time the vast majority of the squad appear to be of similar quality (and remember, Hogg should never have been played at RB again). Playing average players out of position is a recipe for diaster - as we've seen today.

I can't figure out for the life of me why Stevenson get's stick, he's hardly featured at all over the past year so can hardly be blamed for our run of form and today he didn't do much wrong IMO.

Crab apple
23-10-2010, 04:08 PM
I didn't think Stevenson was the worst but he was poor imho. He was outmuscled by Derek Young (I think) for the second goal. He seems to have regressed under Mixu and Yogi.

Albion Hibs
23-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Agree with the posts above, Stevenson along with Nish were probably the only ones with pass marks.

I think criticism of Miller is harsh, it is clear to see that whenever he has the ball there is no one to pass to, McBride sits behind him, Wotherspoon and Galbraith are too often out of the game / position. For me he takes the brunt but a lot of the cause lies with those around him.

With regards to posts wanting Galbraith and Wotherspoon to play, in my opinion, I would struggle to select either one of them let alone both. I think we all saw today how easily they get taken off the ball, equally when on it, the level of contribution they made. For me we need to get right back to basics, these supposed flare / creative players are a bit of a luxury, one which we can afford - to have them coming off the bench then fine.

The fact there is a John Hughes post after the new managers first game is quite remarkable, hounded out, now references as to how he would have got it right.

Baldy Foghorn
23-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Agree with the posts above, Stevenson along with Nish were probably the only ones with pass marks.

I think criticism of Miller is harsh, it is clear to see that whenever he has the ball there is no one to pass to, McBride sits behind him, Wotherspoon and Galbraith are too often out of the game / position. For me he takes the brunt but a lot of the cause lies with those around him.

With regards to posts wanting Galbraith and Wotherspoon to play, in my opinion, I would struggle to select either one of them let alone both. I think we all saw today how easily they get taken off the ball, equally when on it, the level of contribution they made. For me we need to get right back to basics, these supposed flare / creative players are a bit of a luxury, one which we can afford - to have them coming off the bench then fine.

The fact there is a John Hughes post after the new managers first game is quite remarkable, hounded out, now references as to how he would have got it right.

I think you are making out Miller to be better than he actually is.... If he is as good as you say, he should maybe take some responsibility, rather than skulking around looking uninterested and putting in little effort.........

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I thought we were just unlucky.

Baldy Foghorn
23-10-2010, 04:37 PM
I thought we were just unlucky.

We certainly had the best chances of the first half and could easily have been ahead rather than down at half time, with better finishing and composure

Albion Hibs
23-10-2010, 04:38 PM
I think you are making out Miller to be better than he actually is.... If he is as good as you say, he should maybe take some responsibility, rather than skulking around looking uninterested and putting in little effort.........

I think he is the only one in the midfield that takes responsibility, who else does? I think he is a quality player, you could drop Fabregas in there and it would make no difference, they players around him / in front of them are wooden, there movement is limited / poor at very best.

IMO he puts in more effort and contributes more to a game than any other midfielder we have - unless you can suggest another?

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 04:45 PM
We certainly had the best chances of the first half and could easily have been ahead rather than down at half time, with better finishing and composure

:agree: IF we had better players to finish, we'd have scored 3. As sheite as our players are, we could have been winning at half time.

Gatecrasher
23-10-2010, 04:45 PM
No one going to mention Bamba?

Mr Big time was awful today, i would go as far to say we would have been better off without him there at all.

But hey, lets not let the fans favourites get in the way.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 04:47 PM
No one going to mention Bamba?

Mr Big time was awful today, i would go as far to say we would have been better off without him there at all.

But hey, lets not let the fans favourites get in the way.

He was bad today, he's one of my favorites.

IFONLY
23-10-2010, 04:55 PM

you are surely having a laugh. IMO today answered all the posters who call out for him to get a regular game, he added nothing to the game whatsoever

Albion Hibs
23-10-2010, 05:04 PM
you are surely having a laugh. IMO today answered all the posters who call out for him to get a regular game, he added nothing to the game whatsoever

He is a frustrating player for me. He clearly has pace, yet he seems so reluctant to use it. Perhaps if we persisted with him for as long as we have with Wotherspoon then he may do something.

Alfred E Newman
23-10-2010, 05:13 PM

John Hughes assembled this mediocre squad and replaced the players mentioned with even worse players. Thanks a lot Yogi.

Baldy Foghorn
23-10-2010, 05:18 PM
I think he is the only one in the midfield that takes responsibility, who else does? I think he is a quality player, you could drop Fabregas in there and it would make no difference, they players around him / in front of them are wooden, there movement is limited / poor at very best.

IMO he puts in more effort and contributes more to a game than any other midfielder we have - unless you can suggest another?

Miller certainly does not put more effort in than Rankin. Bar the opening game at Motherwell, I really think Miller has been poor for us

Albion Hibs
23-10-2010, 05:21 PM
[/B]
John Hughes assembled this mediocre squad and replaced the players mentioned with even worse players. Thanks a lot Yogi.

"assembled a mediocre squad" - he only had two transfer windows, he had no time to assemble a squad.

He did however, get Liam Miller, a player many fans had as there player of the year last year, Stokes, who was our top goal scorer and the 2nd top (?) goal scorer in the league last year. Some players I would agree are not good enough, but the likes of Trakys and Dickho are panic and replacement buys for players that never left IMO.

Still glad that some are still having a go at a guy who has long gone, probably laughing his nuts off at todays result, instead of the so called untouchable players - Bamba / McBride etc as pointed out by one of the posts above.

Alfred E Newman
23-10-2010, 05:23 PM
"assembled a mediocre squad" - he only had two transfer windows, he had no time to assemble a squad.

He did however, get Liam Miller, a player many fans had as there player of the year last year, Stokes, who was our top goal scorer and the 2nd top (?) goal scorer in the league last year. Some players I would agree are not good enough, but the likes of Trakys and Dickho are panic and replacement buys for players that never left IMO.

Still glad that some are still having a go at a guy who has long gone, probably laughing his nuts off at todays result, instead of the so called untouchable players - Bamba / McBride etc as pointed out by one of the posts above.

The more I read your posts the more I am convinced you are Yogi.

Albion Hibs
23-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Miller certainly does not put more effort in than Rankin. Bar the opening game at Motherwell, I really think Miller has been poor for us

Does not put in more effort than Rankin??? Rankin was getting canned by many on here last week.

Surely your definition of a good player is not someone that justs runs around all the time, and in any event I would disagree.

Perhaps greyhound racing would be of interest to you, there are loads of them running really fast, all over the place.

Phil MaGlass
23-10-2010, 05:24 PM
:agree: IF we had better players to finish, we'd have scored 3. As sheite as our players are, we could have been winning at half time.

aye, but we would have lost 4-3, as every Hibs fan knows...:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
23-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Does not put in more effort than Rankin??? Rankin was getting canned by many on here last week.

Surely your definition of a good player is not someone that justs runs around all the time, and in any event I would disagree.

Perhaps greyhound racing would be of interest to you, there are loads of them running really fast, all over the place.

You asked me to state who put more effort in than Miller, and I did:confused:

Albion Hibs
23-10-2010, 05:28 PM
You asked me to state who put more effort in than Miller, and I did:confused:

I have in fairness in each of my posts I have stated it is my opinion, I just find it head to believe that you would rather have Rankin in your team than Miller. Whilst I do not dislike Rankin, and think he has contributed since coming back in, IMO he has not contributed more than Miller.

trev the hat
23-10-2010, 05:29 PM

Add BAMBA tae that list. as a defender CC will see thru this big donut.Has treated hibs with nothing short of contempt. had a big part in yogi being leaving and IMO should have been pumped in Jan like a Gat Gun. BAD EGG :grr::grr::grr:Sooner he leaves our club the better!!!! New contracts must be handed out on honest hard graft not inflated egos..

Dirkster23
23-10-2010, 05:30 PM

Must have been 3 was it not? The summer he came in, the winter window and summer past.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 05:31 PM
aye, but we would have lost 4-3, as every Hibs fan knows...:agree:

Oh i have no doubt we would still have lost. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
23-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I have in fairness in each of my posts I have stated it is my opinion, I just find it head to believe that you would rather have Rankin in your team than Miller. Whilst I do not dislike Rankin, and think he has contributed since coming back in, IMO he has not contributed more than Miller.

I struggle to see what exactly Miller contributes?:confused:

bubblesmorrison
23-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Hughes left us this load of crap and is totally responsible for the mess we are in hence his removal. Stevenson and Evans don't seem to be much better...... playing Hogg as FULL BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It beggers belief where these clowns get their ideas from. :grr:

haha to call stevenson a clown you must indeed be a clown your self mate just look what he has done for the youth teams in the past how many other hibs coaches do you know that have scottish cup winners medals?

Alex Trager
23-10-2010, 05:55 PM

Bamba was horrendous today, Dickoh well the lest said the better, Miller and Galbriath missing

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 05:57 PM

So do i at the moment, although he is supposed to be the link man between midfield and the forwards. With the forwards we have :faf:, and the players he shares the midfield with, its no surprise to me he is struggling. The TEAM struggle to retain the ball, The one player who wants to do this cant do it on his own, unless we should replace him with another chase and harrier? And the funny thing for me, is these runners, those chase everything that moves types, are not even very good at it, plus they cant pass the ball very well either.

Tricla
23-10-2010, 06:00 PM
WTF :confused:

Im no beatin up on the wee guy but our team needs attacking wide players wi some pace about them n he falls so short of the mark. He, like too many is just too wee n lightwieght.

Bamba for centre midfield

He was absolutely hummin today and has been for ages now. He wouldn't be in my team let alone my midfield.

Albion Hibs
23-10-2010, 06:30 PM

More than any other midfielder. He was key to one of our only two wins so far this season. What have any of the other midfielders contributed?

discman
23-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Add BAMBA tae that list. as a defender CC will see thru this big donut.Has treated hibs with nothing short of contempt. had a big part in yogi being leaving and IMO should have been pumped in Jan like a Gat Gun. BAD EGG :grr::grr::grr:Sooner he leaves our club the better!!!! New contracts must be handed out on honest hard graft not inflated egos..:top marks

He was absolutely hummin today and has been for ages now. He wouldn't be in my team let alone my midfield.:top marks

sahib
23-10-2010, 07:00 PM
also nish did ok today

Hmm! A balanced and fair assessment and only 14 posts. Are you sure your a Hibs supporter? :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
23-10-2010, 07:04 PM
14 posts, yir no Calderwood ur yi?:greengrin

Andy74
23-10-2010, 08:11 PM

Two lovely through balls today. Both should have been goals.

Danderhall Hibs
23-10-2010, 08:13 PM

Some folk only see what they want to see though. I'd rather have a talented player over a guy that runs about any day (although I accept you need a balance in a team).

matty_f
23-10-2010, 08:13 PM
So do i at the moment, although he is supposed to be the link man between midfield and the forwards. With the forwards we have :faf:, and the players he shares the midfield with, its no surprise to me he is struggling. The TEAM struggle to retain the ball, The one player who wants to do this cant do it on his own, unless we should replace him with another chase and harrier? And the funny thing for me, is these runners, those chase everything that moves types, are not even very good at it, plus they cant pass the ball very well either.
:agree: Spot on. We need players that can do more than just run about (though not as fast or as cleverly as the players they're up against.).

Miller's a good player, but we could have better than him in there at the moment and they'd struggle.

It's pointless knocking the ball forward to Nish, as it comes back quicker than it gets to him - and that's just off his first touch, never mind the times when he's on his backside or offside.

Stevenson playing either left or right is not an ideal outball and brings little creativity or attacking spark to the side. McBride hasn't hit any form for a while and favours short, simple passes - good for keeping the ball but bringing nothing to the table in an attacking sense.

Wotherspoon is a good outlet, he can cross a ball and generally tries to use the ball intelligently.

Without better options, Miller (or anyone else) is going to look poor.

matty_f
23-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Some folk only see what they want to see though. I'd rather have a talented player over a guy that runs about any day (although I accept you need a balance in a team).

Ideally I'd like a player that was talented and could run about all day. There must be some of them out there!!

Danderhall Hibs
23-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Ideally I'd like a player that was talented and could run about all day. There must be some of them out there!!

I don't know if there are any in the SPL, never mind just at Hibs?!

Andy74
23-10-2010, 08:16 PM
:agree: Spot on. We need players that can do more than just run about (though not as fast or as cleverly as the players they're up against.).

Miller's a good player, but we could have better than him in there at the moment and they'd struggle.

It's pointless knocking the ball forward to Nish, as it comes back quicker than it gets to him - and that's just off his first touch, never mind the times when he's on his backside or offside.

Stevenson playing either left or right is not an ideal outball and brings little creativity or attacking spark to the side. McBride hasn't hit any form for a while and favours short, simple passes - good for keeping the ball but bringing nothing to the table in an attacking sense.

Wotherspoon is a good outlet, he can cross a ball and generally tries to use the ball intelligently.

Without better options, Miller (or anyone else) is going to look poor.
God forbid we manage to hound Miller out!

Possibly the same people who thought Boozy was poor.

matty_f
23-10-2010, 08:18 PM
I don't know if there are any in the SPL, never mind just at Hibs?!

:greengrin True!

:agree: This is the point I was making earlier - folk will come down hard on the good players we have as a way of defending the pish ones.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 08:25 PM

I thought boozy was poor towards the end of his time at Hibs. He was injured a lot and was imho not good enough for us when he left. I'd take the 2005/6 Boozy back though. I dont want Miller out.

skipster7
23-10-2010, 08:26 PM
i posted after the maribor game that miller was a coward who chose to hide and rarely put a foot in.nothing ive seen since has changed my mind:boo hoo:

skipster7
23-10-2010, 08:34 PM
i listened on the radio and we sounded shocking,billy dodds ripped them to pieces for their attitude and said bamba was dross, hoggs positioning/heading was woeful and were the complete opposite of what you'd expect with a new boss in.it sounds pretty much what we've been watching for months.

IWasThere2016
23-10-2010, 08:40 PM
i listened on the radio and we sounded shocking,billy dodds ripped them to pieces for their attitude and said bamba was dross, hoggs positioning/heading was woeful and were the complete opposite of what you'd expect with a new boss in.it sounds pretty much what we've been watching for months.

Dodds - part of that fine Dundee management team recently? :rolleyes:

skipster7
23-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Dodds - part of that fine Dundee management team recently? :rolleyes:
yes,are you saying we should ignore anything he says,despite him watching the game ? he also said many in the game think bamba thinks hes billy big time and a bad influence. unfortunatly what he said rang all too true for me.

hibbymac
23-10-2010, 09:00 PM

:agree: He goes short for the ball, out of defence, points to someone else to pass the ball to, then jogs behind an Aberdeen player and hides behind them. He would be the first player I would drop ( although not the only one).

lyonhibs
23-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Aye, another season of being subjected to dross like that..

In your godly opinion are the 3 players I mentioned good enough for Hibs?

They aren't good enough by a long shot if we want Hibs to progress, to move "up a level" (right now that means being able to pass the ball to your team-mates) and I really, really, really struggle to see why they get a game, most of all Hogg and Stevenson. I'm sure they are both "nice lads" and "true professionals" but the fact remains that Aberdeen's 1st goal came from a distinct lack of a left back, as Stevenson was away out of position, and Hogg at right back is just cruelty to dumb animals.

Hogg out, Hart in, and Stevenson out, Murray in would seem like no-brainers for me, and I'm no fan of Murray at LB either.

That said, re: Rankin, Galbraith got a good run out today, and did next to nothing, so I don't see who you replace Rankin with :confused:

In all honesty, assuming we avoid relegation and don't absolutely humiliate ourselves against The ****, this season could end tomorrow for me. A massive sweep of the broom MUST be applied in the summer, and I hope the manager has the funds to replace the ocean of dross we have at the club with at least a few decent players.

Judas Iscariot
23-10-2010, 10:38 PM
They aren't good enough by a long shot if we want Hibs to progress, to move "up a level" (right now that means being able to pass the ball to your team-mates) and I really, really, really struggle to see why they get a game, most of all Hogg and Stevenson. I'm sure they are both "nice lads" and "true professionals" but the fact remains that Aberdeen's 1st goal came from a distinct lack of a left back, as Stevenson was away out of position, and Hogg at right back is just cruelty to dumb animals.

Hogg out, Hart in, and Stevenson out, Murray in would seem like no-brainers for me, and I'm no fan of Murray at LB either.

That said, re: Rankin, Galbraith got a good run out today, and did next to nothing, so I don't see who you replace Rankin with :confused:

In all honesty, assuming we avoid relegation and don't absolutely humiliate ourselves against The ****, this season could end tomorrow for me. A massive sweep of the broom MUST be applied in the summer, and I hope the manager has the funds to replace the ocean of dross we have at the club with at least a few decent players.

Thanks Tarqs..

I never asked for a debate about Bamba, Miller, McBride etc I started a post about 3 players that I've seen enough of over 2-3 seasons to decide they aren't good enough for us to progress..

But..

Don't let that get in the way of your Hogg/Rankin/Stevenson love in..

Frank Moon
23-10-2010, 10:48 PM
From listening to the radio Rankin was at least on the ball. Hardly heard mention of McBride,Stevenson,Galbraith and Hogg ,bamba amd Dickoh sounded shocking.

Too many people on here shout for Galbraith , Hogg and Stevenson but they are poor lets face it. Today showed why a lot of the players were dropped by Yogi but unfortunately his replacements aren't any better.

3pm
23-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Let's empty the lot. We're ******.

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2010, 09:16 AM

Great two decent passes in 90 minutes..... What is point of having talented player in the team, who is certainly imo not giving his all, and never tackles or takes responsibility?

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks Tarqs..

I never asked for a debate about Bamba, Miller, McBride etc I started a post about 3 players that I've seen enough of over 2-3 seasons to decide they aren't good enough for us to progress..

But..

Don't let that get in the way of your Hogg/Rankin/Stevenson love in..

So because people have the audacity to not agree with you regarding certain players, you label it a love in.....

Grow up FFS

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Great two decent passes in 90 minutes..... What is point of having talented player in the team, who is certainly imo not giving his all, and never tackles or takes responsibility?

If that lump Nish had scored, and Rankin too, the game would have been a lot different. When the games tight, its those chances we have to convert, we struggle to create many chances, yet the one person who does do it is does not take responsibility? Maybe Miller should have played those balls through to himself?

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2010, 09:34 AM
If that lump Nish had scored, and Rankin too, the game would have been a lot different. When the games tight, its those chances we have to convert, we struggle to create many chances, yet the one person who does do it is does not take responsibility? Maybe Miller should have played those balls through to himself?

So Nish and Rankin are being blamed, whilst the back 4 get off? Yesterday some guy was shouting about taking off Nish for Trakys, what a wonderful display Trakys put in.....

The secong goal IIRC came from Miller not bothering to challenge for a header, still that will be Nish and Rankin's fault

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 09:37 AM
So Nish and Rankin are being blamed, whilst the back 4 get off? Yesterday some guy was shouting about taking off Nish for Trakys, what a wonderful display Trakys put in.....

The secong goal IIRC came from Miller not bothering to challenge for a header, still that will be Nish and Rankin's fault

Nish and Rankin are being blamed along with Hogg and Bamba and McBride and Stevenson and Galbraith, Dickoh and Brown. Seems to me you have not read all the threads if you think the back 4 are getting away Scot free?

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Nish and Rankin are being blamed along with Hogg and Bamba and McBride and Stevenson and Galbraith, Dickoh and Brown. Seems to me you have not read all the threads if you think the back 4 are getting away Scot free?

Not read all the threads, however think it unfair the level of stick aimed at Nish

matty_f
24-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Don't think the back four got off with anything yesterday, they were terrible and folk have said as much. Nish gets pelters because he's consistently poor. He has two or three good games a season, if he's lucky.

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Don't think the back four got off with anything yesterday, they were terrible and folk have said as much. Nish gets pelters because he's consistently poor. He has two or three good games a season, if he's lucky.

That's just it though, I did not think Nish was poor yesterday but is getting pelters on here. At least he never went into his shell after his misses, and got on the scoresheet, which is effort merited.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 09:46 AM

:agree: Once again he failed to take his chances when we needed him to. He needs 5 or 6 chances before he takes 1. Never good enough, but he does keep plugging away.:boo hoo:

Dirkster23
24-10-2010, 09:49 AM

So basically the same as most of the squad these days? When was the last time Miller had a good game? Murray? McBride?, Bamba? when was the last time we played well as a team?

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2010, 09:50 AM
So basically the same as most of the squad these days? When was the last time Miller had a good game? Murray? McBride?, Bamba? when was the last time we played well as a team?

Nail on the head

Dirkster23
24-10-2010, 09:55 AM
:agree: Once again he failed to take his chances when we needed him to. He needs 5 or 6 chances before he takes 1. Never good enough, but he does keep plugging away.:boo hoo:

Given the players CC had to choose from yesterday, who would you have played as the lone striker?

I agree we need better than Nish if we want to improve, but what options do we have up front at the moment? Yogi kept going on about needing a big strong forward but what did he do to address it, Trakys :bitchy: early days for the boy but he doesn't look like a player.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 09:56 AM

So lets keep them?:confused:

Dirkster23
24-10-2010, 10:33 AM
So lets keep them?:confused:

We've no choice but to keep them until at least the winter window. There's around a dozen players we could do with getting rid of but CC's got to work with the players Yogi brought in or kept.

I'll ask you again, who would you have played as the lone striker yesterday?

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 10:37 AM
We've no choice but to keep them until at least the winter window. There's around a dozen players we could do with getting rid of but CC's got to work with the players Yogi brought in or kept.

I think you are kidding yourself if you think we are going to get rid of players like miller and murray and get something better in. the fact that you have highlighted these guys rather than the likes of wotherspoon, galbraith and co says a lot to me.

RickyS

most of these clowns will be here till the end of the season cos even if we agree to a no fee transfer they wont take a wage cut and they won't be going anywhere where they can earn the same/more IMO

blackpoolhibs

:confused: I'm sorry i missed you asking me that question? I will answer you though, i'd have played Nish. We dont have anyone else.

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 10:44 AM
:confused: I'm sorry i missed you asking me that question? I will answer you though, i'd have played Nish. We dont have anyone else.

Agreed Nish is the best man for that role, and i thought he was good yesterday. I dont think we are good enough to play the loan striker and the main reason for doing that would be to pack the midfield, and we dont have decent players to do that with so why bother.

We were at our best last year when effectively playing three up front, two at least, whilst we are leaking goals i think that is because we bring it on ourselves, slow to move the ball when we get it on the edge of our box there is no one to pass the ball out to, we are always all behind it. We need to get out quicker and take it too teams, not sit there let them press us to death then stand off them and let them chuck attack after attack after attack at us.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Agreed Nish is the best man for that role, and i thought he was good yesterday. I dont think we are good enough to play the loan striker and the main reason for doing that would be to pack the midfield, and we dont have decent players to do that with so why bother.

We were at our best last year when effectively playing three up front, two at least, whilst we are leaking goals i think that is because we bring it on ourselves, slow to move the ball when we get it on the edge of our box there is no one to pass the ball out to, we are always all behind it. We need to get out quicker and take it too teams, not sit there let them press us to death then stand off them and let them chuck attack after attack after attack at us.

This is where we disagree, what was Nish actually good at yesterday?

Dinkydoo
24-10-2010, 12:50 PM
That's just it though, I did not think Nish was poor yesterday but is getting pelters on here. At least he never went into his shell after his misses, and got on the scoresheet, which is effort merited.

He had 4 or 5 really good chances to score before he did though - admitedly, the first shot on the angle was a good save from thier keeper. A striker needs to be putting those chances away, simple as. If he had done so maybe our defence would have been let off and we could have possibly got something from the game.

Ifs, buts and maybes though.

I don't disagree that he puts in the effort but he simply isn't good enough to be playing up front on his own - and thats me maybe being a little generous.

This is where we agree; I'm savouring the moment. :wink:

What was Nish actually good at yesterday?

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 01:02 PM
This is where we agree; I'm savouring the moment. :wink:

What was Nish actually good at yesterday?

:greengrin

Plugging away, apparently this constitutes playing well these days?

Dinkydoo
24-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Plugging away, apparently this constitutes playing well these days?

I do agree with you however in comparrison to other members of the first team that quite obviously don't give a flying one, it's easy to pick out one or two that do give thier all (even though it's simply not good enough) week in week out and misunderstand that for playing well.

trev the hat
24-10-2010, 01:22 PM

He can plug away all he wants at Falkirk Partick or Dunfermline. Theres a taxi waitin at waverly soon as his contracts oot. courtesy of ME!!! :bye::taxi

Too many players of his quality have managed to gain contracts at Hibs which is why we are where we are today.. Thanks & cheeri cho !! :bye:

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 01:34 PM
I do agree with you however in comparrison to other members of the first team that quite obviously don't give a flying one, it's easy to pick out one or two that do give thier all (even though it's simply not good enough) week in week out and misunderstand that for playing well.

There may be a few who don't give a toss, but the team i watch all seem to me to give 100%, its just some are better than others, and some seem to have a better attitude than others. I think it will be very difficult to get 11 players who all give a toss about Hibs, but i'd hope we will get 11 who are better professionals that this lot.

RMQ1967
24-10-2010, 02:45 PM
There may be a few who don't give a toss, but the team i watch all seem to me to give 100%, its just some are better than others, and some seem to have a better attitude than others. I think it will be very difficult to get 11 players who all give a toss about Hibs, but i'd hope we will get 11 who are better professionals that this lot.

If you believe Yogi & now Calderwood we have good footballers who work hard at training. Individually most of them look like they have talent even Nish who is terrible at CF most weeks).

Personally I'd put Nish on the wing - JJ used to play him there at Killie & I remember him tearing us apart a few times. He's not strong or balanced enough to be a target man & has a terrible first touch. There's no point in playing long balls up to him to bounce off him or nod on to no-one & then fall over. We'd still get his presence in the box at set pieces.

Calderwood states on the official site that everyone made mistakes yesterday including himself & I wonder if that a reference to playing the 4 central defenders across the back.

There's a lot to be said for playing players in their correct positions & although it worked last week Hogg is never a right back & Hanlons never a left back. Thought Hanlon was excellent in centre defence last week & was sorry to see him moved.

Yesterday we looked heavy legged, we had players playing in the wrong positions, they didn't pass the ball with enough pace, they didn't release it fast enough & they were defensively naive in every way (ball watching, putting in stupid challenges, getting drawn out of position etc.).

We did play some decent stuff but CC needs to bring some organisation & intelligence to our play.

The problem might be that the players have the talent but (as I've long suspected) not the brains.

Albion Hibs
24-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Other than scoring, an essential feature for even a Hibs striker, he won more than his fare share in the air, chased down everything, and was unlucky not to score right before Aberdeen got there first. His link up play was pretty good, so all in all if he was to carry on that level of performance he will end up being a key player for us for the balance of the season. In addition a couple of very good defensive headers.

He has scored a lot of goals in this league over the years and was pretty essential for us towards the end of last season. Fact of the matter is he gets no service and is asked more often than not to stand up top by himself and fight for wayward passes and goalkeeper punts.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Other than scoring, an essential feature for even a Hibs striker, he won more than his fare share in the air, chased down everything, and was unlucky not to score right before Aberdeen got there first. His link up play was pretty good, so all in all if he was to carry on that level of performance he will end up being a key player for us for the balance of the season. In addition a couple of very good defensive headers.

He has scored a lot of goals in this league over the years and was pretty essential for us towards the end of last season. Fact of the matter is he gets no service and is asked more often than not to stand up top by himself and fight for wayward passes and goalkeeper punts.

We wont agree on this either. I agree he won his fair share in the air, but did nothing with those aerial wins, especially those free headers he won in the box. He needed to do a lot more than head them wide. His effort on goal when right through one on one was weak, again should have done better, aberdeens 1st goal was a similar move, instead of being 1-0 up we are 1-0 down. Thats the difference.

As for chasing down everything, thats the least i would expect from him, effort should be a given.

RMQ1967
24-10-2010, 05:26 PM

Sorry but I though he was awful yesterday. Should have done better than shoot straight at the keeper in the 1st half by his own admission.

Balls were bouncing off him & he was falling all over the place - he's not suited to playing the front man - doesn't know how to take the ball in & hold it up. On the rare occasion he does manage to control he walks it back out so we're back where we started.

I think he has good feet & knows where the goal is but I think he'd be better out wide.