PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood must go

Houchy
23-10-2010, 12:23 PM
... Or so he tells Petrie. He wants to get back to Edinburgh to see if the ink's dry on his contract. He didn't realise what he'd signed up for and if there's a 14 day cooling off period. Holding nothing against the guy but the whole lot are a bunch of wasters and I feel sorry for him.

sesoim
23-10-2010, 01:00 PM
That's ok, there's another Calderwood waiting in the wings that'll know exactly how to sort that lot out.

ionahibby
23-10-2010, 01:03 PM
he deserves a chance of course he has some rubbish players to work with but imo i'm not totally convinced with calderwood even before today!

Hibercelona
23-10-2010, 01:05 PM
That's ok, there's another Calderwood waiting in the wings that'll know exactly how to sort that lot out.

Take them to the hottest place on earth to be tangoed? :dunno:

We could bring in Ferguson or Mourinho.... and even they wouldn't have a clue what to do with this shower...

Houchy
23-10-2010, 01:05 PM

I don't think there's a manager in the world could sort this bunch out. I think CC will be booting some ars@ on Monday and the players won't know what's hit them.

hibeemarley
23-10-2010, 01:11 PM
so true.

Besides the manager an entire new team and coaching staff to the core is needed just about. Somethings clearly not right, big day for them all to perform for the new manager and very little delivered anything. No desire really shown. Really poor show.

You watch the tottenham game and all you see is athletes playing the game right and doing the right things like defending!!! Players gettting tight, being in the right position, challenging for the ball rather than watching it and picking a simple effective pass. Our lot just seem not interested in working hard for the club and what they're getting in life compared to the rest of the world.

I think they need to take a long hard looks at themselves, prob been said a million times and won't matter a "£$% to them or not whether they ever actually will.

or are we just that garbage and that's how it's supposed to be :confused: if so I didn't spend my cash for that.

DH1875
23-10-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't think there's a manager in the world could sort this bunch out. I think CC will be booting some ars@ on Monday and the players won't know what's hit them.

MONDAY! He better be booting some ars@ right now.

Houchy
23-10-2010, 01:30 PM
he deserves a chance of course he has some rubbish players to work with but imo i'm not totally convinced with calderwood even before today!

I was joking, insinuating that CC himself wants to leave after watching that today. FWIW, I think that CC is the man we need to grab these losers by the balls and wish they were never born.

Alfred E Newman
23-10-2010, 01:36 PM
The supporters will now be looking to Calderwood to sort out the slackers in this duff squad of ours.
We can accept limited ability but what we won`t accept is lack of commitment.

The Green Goblin
23-10-2010, 03:40 PM
... Or so he tells Petrie. He wants to get back to Edinburgh to see if the ink's dry on his contract. He didn't realise what he'd signed up for and if there's a 14 day cooling off period. Holding nothing against the guy but the whole lot are a bunch of wasters and I feel sorry for him.

The other way of looking at this, is that things are bottom of the barrel and anything he does to improve things will seem bigger than it is.

So actually, he`s in a great position as the new Hibs manager, because the only way is up and he can`t lose.

GG

Albion Hibs
23-10-2010, 04:11 PM

His team today was all wrong for me, however, I am more inclined to blame the current assistants, they know the players, and they should have know that team was not going to work. Four pretty slow / immobile CH playing against some reasonable / quick wingers, if I have know that was going to be the team I may have thought more than twice about the 5 hour round trip.

Vini1875
23-10-2010, 04:19 PM
He sounds to me like the sort of guy who will consider what he is going to do, rather than have a knee jerk reaction to an appalling result. I agree with the OP CC must be wondering what he has got into here. I hope he doesn't try to protect these guys for too long and I would like to see him come out and say "This is not good enough for Hibernian"

IFONLY
23-10-2010, 05:01 PM

If Calderwood has any knowledge at all about football he would have realised today that (a) Hogg is never a right back ( never a footballer in my opinion) (b) Hanlon is never left back.(c) you cant play Miller and McBride in the same team, too similar (d) must get Riordans contract extended as he is the only one willing to take a pop at goals

YehButNoBut
23-10-2010, 05:15 PM
so true.

Besides the manager an entire new team and coaching staff to the core is needed just about. Somethings clearly not right, big day for them all to perform for the new manager and very little delivered anything. No desire really shown. Really poor show.

You watch the tottenham game and all you see is athletes playing the game right and doing the right things like defending!!! Players gettting tight, being in the right position, challenging for the ball rather than watching it and picking a simple effective pass. Our lot just seem not interested in working hard for the club and what they're getting in life compared to the rest of the world.

I think they need to take a long hard looks at themselves, prob been said a million times and won't matter a "£$% to them or not whether they ever actually will.

or are we just that garbage and that's how it's supposed to be :confused: if so I didn't spend my cash for that.

I'm watching Barcelona at the moment, if ever any players had earned the right to ease off a bit and act like prima donnas it's the majority of their team. In reality it's far from it, they all work their socks off and play for the team.

Our lot do not have a fraction of their ability but for some reason think they don't have to work hard it's beyond belief really. :grr:

Danderhall Hibs
23-10-2010, 07:44 PM
but imo i'm not totally convinced with calderwood even before today!

Was his performance at the press conference not quite Hibs Class?