PDA

View Full Version : Is the Threat of Relegation a Reality?

Mikeystewart
23-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Simple question, game hasn't finished though its clear we wont get anything from the game, unless the alpha and omega comes down from the sky and sends 10 Aberdeen players off.

Is relegation a reality or will the players buck up pronto?

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Stark reality, they better realise it soon!

hibiedude
23-10-2010, 12:24 PM
As things stand we are in trouble

YehButNoBut
23-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Can only hope that come January we can get some decent players in to get us out of the mire as if we were stuck with this squad for the rest of the season then it is a distinct possibility. :agree:

Jim44
23-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Can only hope that come January we can get some decent players in to get us out of the mire as if we were stuck with this squad for the rest of the season then it is a distinct possibility. :agree:

.....replace with 'probability'.

LancashireHibby
23-10-2010, 12:31 PM
There are enough teams who are worse than us for us to go down, but I'd like to see us make more of a go of it to be on the safe side.

ArmadaleHibs
YES!!!!!:grr::grr:

SlickShoes
Very real!

YehButNoBut
23-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Just thinking, fortunately, due to league reconstruction there might not be relegation this season. :pray:

SlickShoes
There are enough teams who are worse than us for us to go down, but I'd like to see us make more of a go of it to be on the safe side.

The only teams worse than us currently are playing in division 1 and below.

Greenblood70
Definitely yes.

We cant defend, we dont score many goals and the players could not give a ****.

Its a recipe for disaster.

BullbreedHFC
23-10-2010, 12:41 PM
YES ..... We look terrible today, no fight, confidence or desire to win :bitchy: recipe for relegation ...... :grr:

YehButNoBut
23-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Next 5 games are Dundee Utd away, Hearts home, Rangers away, Motherwell home & ICT away.

I can see us losing them all which would surely leave us stuck at the bottom, worrying. :boo hoo:

Mikeystewart
23-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Next 5 games are Dundee Utd away, Hearts home, Rangers away, Motherwell home & ICT away.

I can see us losing them all which would surely leave us stuck at the bottom, worrying. :boo hoo:

Couldnt agree more was thinking the same thing, the chances on us being 12th by christmas must be high. Wouldnt be a bad punt.

Think CC has the hardest challenge as a hibs manager for a long time. Even back during Mowbray's reign he had a good base of youngsters.

Its been a year since a player form the youth team broke through that being Wotherspoon.

I think its fair to say the conveyor belt is running dry and investment must be balanced towards promising youngster and reliable experience.

Assuming nothing is to come through from the under 19s hopefully we can offload a couple of the dead wood in the team and recall a couple of the younger players who are on loan.

stubru59
23-10-2010, 01:06 PM

Wouldn't matter who were playing, on this form we'd be lucky to pick up points against the lower half of the 1st Div.

allezsauzee
23-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Massive overreaction as usual. Unless Calderwood is a total muppet Hibs will be nowhere near relegation

sahib
23-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Simple question, game hasn't finished though its clear we wont get anything from the game, unless the alpha and omega comes down from the sky and sends 10 Aberdeen players off.

Relegation is a real threat to any team on our run of form.
I would be worried if I thought Calderwood sat and watched that game and thought " oh ****!". I just hope he saw a lot of things that could be easily improved by better organisation and tactics.

sesoim
23-10-2010, 01:26 PM
We still have enough good players to challenge for third, but ability isn't enough if the effort and organization is poor. That's where Calderwood is going to have to prove himself. I think he'll have a job though - probably a a few hundred thousand men in Scotland currently know more about Scottish football than he does, and all the other SPL managers know a lot more about the SPL and what you need to do to win games here. So he'll have to learn and adapt very quickly. If we were to lose another two or three games on the trot, nerves will start to set in as well.

smurf
23-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Massive overreaction as usual. Unless Calderwood is a total muppet Hibs will be nowhere near relegation

Why is that? Because we have too many good players? Really?:cool2:

DH1875
23-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Roll on league reconstruction:greengrin. I know they beat us but St.Mirren are a shoe in to go down if there is relegation this year.

sahib
23-10-2010, 01:46 PM
We still have enough good players to challenge for third, but ability isn't enough if the effort and organization is poor. That's where Calderwood is going to have to prove himself. I think he'll have a job though - probably a a few hundred thousand men in Scotland currently know more about Scottish football than he does, and all the other SPL managers know a lot more about the SPL and what you need to do to win games here. So he'll have to learn and adapt very quickly. If we were to lose another two or three games on the trot, nerves will start to set in as well.

If knowledege of the SPl was needed to beat SPl teams then Motherwell and us would still be in Europe. All he needs to know is how put out an organised unit that know what their roles are and what is expected of them.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 01:54 PM

I wish i shared your optimism. :boo hoo:

ionahibby
23-10-2010, 02:01 PM

And if he is what happens then :confused:

matty_f
23-10-2010, 02:01 PM
We'll be in danger of relegation if we persist in playing bottom six level players. Once calderwood has his players sussed he'll know who is, and who isn't good enough and we'll climb the league again.

Golden Bear
23-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Without a doubt. Let's not kid ourselves on.

Alfred E Newman
23-10-2010, 02:03 PM

The squad as it stands has no chance of finishing 3rd. I would doubt whether the top 6 is possible either. Staying in the league should be the immediate aim.

Bishop Hibee
23-10-2010, 02:07 PM
I'd say bottom 6 is a certainty but Calderwood has time to shape the players into a unit, the transfer window and Riordan's goals which should keep us above 12th.

sh00byd00
23-10-2010, 02:07 PM
After what happened in '98, when i thought we were still better than a lot of clubs around us, i'll never assume we'll stay up purely on the basis that there's worse teams than us.

Dirkster23
23-10-2010, 02:08 PM

Who are these teams :confused:

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 02:11 PM
We'll be in danger of relegation if we persist in playing bottom six level players. Once calderwood has his players sussed he'll know who is, and who isn't good enough and we'll climb the league again.

Who are good enough Matty? I'd agree we need players played in their right positions, in fact yogi was slaughtered for not doing so at times. Yet again we have 2 central defenders playing full backs, when its been seen many times over the last few seasons they are not full backs. WHY?

Even if we played the 11 players i think should play, it still lacks goals, it still lacks creativity, and it still looks suspect at the back. I'm not so sure we will climb the league until he has a massive clear out, and brings his own players in.:boo hoo:

Phil D. Rolls
23-10-2010, 02:17 PM

Yes, it is a very real possibility.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-10-2010, 02:18 PM
We still have enough good players to challenge for thirdOn the evidence of the last 8 months, who do you think these players are?

Alfred E Newman
23-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Who are good enough Matty? I'd agree we need players played in their right positions, in fact yogi was slaughtered for not doing so at times. Yet again we have 2 central defenders playing full backs, when its been seen many times over the last few seasons they are not full backs. WHY?

Even if we played the 11 players i think should play, it still lacks goals, it still lacks creativity, and it still looks suspect at the back. I'm not so sure we will climb the league until he has a massive clear out, and brings his own players in.:boo hoo:
:agree:
Other than Hart we just don`t have any recognised full backs at the club.

PISTOL1875
23-10-2010, 02:19 PM
If we play Bamba and Dickoh at the back again this season then its a stark reality...

TheBall'sRound
23-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Let's see...

We are devoid of pace, height and flair. Any one of those in any abundance would mean we would avoid relegation however as things stand we need to rely on an intricate passing game to create chances (see lack of flair) or set pieces (see lack of height).

Other teams have sussed that remaining solid in the middle of the park will pretty much nullify our attacking options and any sort of ball behind or down the sides of the back four sends our defence into chaos.

So yeah, I would say that relegation is a real worry. I think Calderwood is getting a free pass until the end of the season when the contracts run out so long as we're 11th or higher.

Adopt a holding pattern and try to pick up points against the bottom 6 from last year. I really don't see where the next win is coming from.

Sir David Gray
23-10-2010, 02:34 PM
I said a few weeks ago that relegation is a very real possibility this season and I believe that we will be in a relegation fight this season.

I think St Mirren might just save us but I certainly don't expect us to finish any higher than 10th this season. Of course there is an opportunity to make signings in January but not many sides make wholesale changes during this time and wholesale changes are what is required at Hibs. That means that nothing drastic can be done until the summer. I just hope that we are not a first division side by then. :boo hoo:

Any side that only takes 8 points from 9 matches has to be considered for relegation.

It is one of our worst ever starts to an SPL season and there are very little signs that it is about to get any better.

Andy74
23-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Other than Hart we just don`t have any recognised full backs at the club.

How many years does Murray need to play full back to be recognised as one?

cad
23-10-2010, 02:38 PM

If yer a fitbaw man you wouldnae have to ask ,put it this way every other team in the league has a bit of fight and pride ,you see much pride or passion in our lime strips today ****in right you didnt .

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-10-2010, 02:49 PM
It is one of our worst ever starts to an SPL season and there are very little signs that it is about to get any better.Scary thing is, the 2nd half of the season is usually worse than the 1st!

cad
23-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Scary thing is, the 2nd half of the season is usually worse than the 1st!

you had to say that ,:bitchy:

matty_f
23-10-2010, 02:52 PM

Agree with you mate, there's no creativity in the side as it stands. Zemmama is hopefully back by Christmas, which will help.

I'd have De Graaf back in, Hart, Grounds (not seen much from him yet, but he is a left-back, and while we have a natural left back it seems absurd that we'd play someone out of position instead).

Rankin, Stevenson, Hogg, have to come out of the side. Nowhere near good enough. I'd bin Nish as well, except we don't have much in the way of an option but to play him.

I'd go with a line up of:

Brown

Hart Bamba Hanlon Grounds

De Graaf Miller McBride Galbraith

Riordan Nish

Even then, it doesn't look remotely like a team that is good enough to be challenging top half. Defence should be not bad, midfield would get by but wouldn't create much, and Riordan is almost good enough to carry Nish.

Pretty desperate times, IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Agree with you mate, there's no creativity in the side as it stands. Zemmama is hopefully back by Christmas, which will help.

I'd have De Graaf back in, Hart, Grounds (not seen much from him yet, but he is a left-back, and while we have a natural left back it seems absurd that we'd play someone out of position instead).

Rankin, Stevenson, Hogg, have to come out of the side. Nowhere near good enough. I'd bin Nish as well, except we don't have much in the way of an option but to play him.

I'd go with a line up of:

Brown

Hart Bamba Hanlon Grounds

De Graaf Miller McBride Galbraith

Riordan Nish

Even then, it doesn't look remotely like a team that is good enough to be challenging top half. Defence should be not bad, midfield would get by but wouldn't create much, and Riordan is almost good enough to carry Nish.

Pretty desperate times, IMHO.

:agree: :boo hoo:

The_Todd
23-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Of course it is. 3 points off the bottom isn't exactly pushing for the top 3.

cheltenhamhibee
23-10-2010, 03:00 PM
I hate saying this, but anyone who thinks we are not in trouble and in no danger of going down are deluded, they need to take their heids out of the sand i'm afraid, the current state on the pitch is very alarming, sincerely hope i'm wrong, time will tell

BEEJ
23-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Grounds is actually a centre-back at Middlesborough. He had played at LB a few times before coming to us on loan but that's not his preferred position.

And I have to say having watched him twice at LB, he's not the best there.

matty_f
23-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Grounds is actually a centre-back at Middlesborough. He had played at LB a few times before coming to us on loan but that's not his preferred position.

And I have to say having watched him twice at LB, he's not the best there.

Sure I read an article about him where he specifically said LB was his preferred and usual position, but he's played CH as well.

If you're right, then I have to question Yogi's signing policy, particularly in light of the Trakys signing. Left back was a problem position, and in a sport that is played by millions of people globally, if we're not able to source an adequate natural left back then it's a massive concern - especially as every other club on the planet seems to manage it.:bitchy:

James70
23-10-2010, 03:43 PM
I would be even more worried if Yogi was still in charge. Calderwood will need some time to organise the team, he's not even been here for a week yet and has only had three training sessions. Thankfully the board didn't leave it until Christmas before acting and whilst the next few weeks may be hard to take I still have confidence that Calderwood will make us much harder to beat. It won't be pretty to watch but I have faith in the guy sorting out our defence at least.

It doesn't help matters having centre backs playing at full back which is where we were mainly caught out today. Yes, we are a poor side but we are not the only poor side in the league.

Jim44
23-10-2010, 03:49 PM

Unfortunately the pessimism of a lot of punters here is justified by facts whereas the optimism of the likes of you is supported by understandable green tinted specs and hope. I know you'd like us all to share your viewpoint but some people can't help being pragmatic and realistic. I think you're way off beam to describe it as 'massive overreaction'

NAE NOOKIE
23-10-2010, 03:50 PM
There are about 4 teams who will be in the mix at the end of the season and unfortunately we will be one of them unless we improve between now and February / March.

Too good to go down ?

Dont you believe it !!!

MrSmith
23-10-2010, 04:42 PM
This crop of players better have a real good think about their commitment and performances in a Hibs strip. If they continue the way they are going and embarrass us by losing heavily to Hearts and bring us to the brink of relegation then...they better run for the hills as fast as they can and don't show their faces in Edinburgh again!

However, Davids Stephens should be in the team. He is a young committed man with a lot of ability!

BEEJ
23-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Sure I read an article about him where he specifically said LB was his preferred and usual position, but he's played CH as well.

If you're right, then I have to question Yogi's signing policy, particularly in light of the Trakys signing. Left back was a problem position, and in a sport that is played by millions of people globally, if we're not able to source an adequate natural left back then it's a massive concern - especially as every other club on the planet seems to manage it.:bitchy:
Hmmm....you could be right.

I've just looked up his Wiki page and it does actually suggest there that LB is his favoured position, although he's been asked to play CB more often of late, both at Norwich and at Middlesborough.

In which case I'm even more alarmed at his performances at LB than I was before. :rolleyes:

Criswell
23-10-2010, 07:05 PM
If we are are involved in a relegation struggle this season it should come as no surprise to anyone.
Chickens coming home to roost, writing on the wall etc; A succession of lacklustre managerial appointments, the selling of anyone of quality and the lack of any real re-investment in the team was bound to lead to problems.

joebakerforever
23-10-2010, 08:00 PM
the selling of anyone of quality and the lack of any real re-investment in the team was bound to lead to problems.

IMO the Petrie strategy has finally come home to roost.

You can create a smokescreen by trying to disguise the root problem by frequently changing managers, but Rod's asset stripping antics have caused more damage and is the main reason we are now in the relegation doldrums.

matty_f
23-10-2010, 08:02 PM

IMO the Petrie strategy has finally come home to roost.

You can create a smokescreen by trying to disguise the root problem by frequently changing managers, but Rod's asset stripping antics have caused more damage and is the main reason we are now in the relegation doldrums.

Given that we'd have hit a loss last year without player sales, how much more should Rod have spent?

BroxburnHibee
23-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Roll on league reconstruction:greengrin. I know they beat us but St.Mirren are a shoe in to go down if there is relegation this year.

Head in the sand stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're the ONLY team St. Mirren have managed to beat this year?

IWasThere2016
23-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Given that we'd have hit a loss last year without player sales, how much more should Rod have spent?

Very true M .. but the pace of infrastructure development means we have no cash! No cash for the team .. and falling turnover means wages are unsustainable at 68% of turnover. The Board have got it wrong IMHO. We'll see - with few assets to sell - just how good they are ..

lyonhibs
23-10-2010, 08:43 PM

Thank the lord, I thought I'd gone mad. We are grim, brutal and that needs to change, but we won't get relegated. IMO.

matty_f
23-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Very true M .. but the pace of infrastructure development means we have no cash! No cash for the team .. and falling turnover means wages are unsustainable at 68% of turnover. The Board have got it wrong IMHO. We'll see - with few assets to sell - just how good they are ..

The time was right for the stand to be built TQM - whenever we did it it would take funds away from the side, but it has less impact now than waiting (in theory).

IMHO, it's a pish poor argument to say that the infrastructure development is a failing on the board's part. It's already brought money in with the Scotland U21 game, and we will be the venue of choice for many more games like that.

Over time, the training centre and the stadium will help us compete at the top end. It's immensely short sighted to cite the infrastructure development as a bad decision.

The problems stem back to bad signings made by previous managers, and I actually think Collins was the biggest culprit because he made a number of signings that were well below standard, which left us with a crap squad and little scope to bring in the quality needed to replace them as we had to either pay off, or honour those contracts.

The 16 players with their contracts up in the summer should, with a couple of exceptions, be moved on and replaced with better players.

Big Frank
23-10-2010, 08:47 PM

All true. So the Hibernian board should be actively looking for new investment. (by this I don't mean some new advertising on some different part of Easter Road, or new ways to sell us season tickets, or a new type of scarf).

The board got it wrong with Hughes. What a mess.

matty_f
23-10-2010, 08:59 PM
All true. So the Hibernian board should be actively looking for new investment. (by this I don't mean some new advertising on some different part of Easter Road, or new ways to sell us season tickets, or a new type of scarf).

The board got it wrong with Hughes. What a mess.

You should suggest that to them, I doubt they'll have tried looking to get more money into the club.:agree:

jackhfc
23-10-2010, 09:19 PM
I'll bet someone £100 we don't get relegated....

BSEJVT
23-10-2010, 09:19 PM
We are

We have less fight, less paceand less trickery than any other team in this SPL.

If Riordan were to get injured we would totally goosed.

Horse
23-10-2010, 09:35 PM
I think that we probably have a marginally better squad (on paper) than most of the teams outwith the OF but there is very little between any of the other teams in the SPL and if Hibs players continue to show the same poor attitude as they have done so far then we are in serious danger of relegation.

Having said that it is early days and if we were sitting at the top of the league at this stage I wouldn't think we would win it come May, in the same sense I don't think we are at the stage where we should be talking about relegation, the SPL (outwith the OF) is so tight just now that a change in attitude from the players and improved tactics could have a huge impact on our form. It just depends on whether Calderwood can get the right reaction from this set of players. If he can't then we have a relegation battle ahead and our best hope is that we somehow survive then get rid of the majority of the current squad and then rebuild from scratch.

blackpoolhibs
23-10-2010, 09:37 PM
I think that we probably have a marginally better squad (on paper) than most of the teams outwith the OF but there is very little between any of the other teams in the SPL and if Hibs players continue to show the same poor attitude as they have done so far then we are in serious danger of relegation.

Having said that it is early days and if we were sitting at the top of the league at this stage I wouldn't think we would win it come May, in the same sense I don't think we are at the stage where we should be talking about relegation, the SPL (outwith the OF) is so tight just now that a change in attitude from the players and improved tactics could have a huge impact on our form. It just depends on whether Calderwood can get the right reaction from this set of players. If he can't then we have a relegation battle ahead and our best hope is that we somehow survive then get rid of the majority of the current squad and then rebuild from scratch.

It astounds me that there are still some folk who think that?:confused:

AFKA5814_Hibs
23-10-2010, 09:40 PM
We are two games (D.Utd and Hertz) away from playing every team in the league. I'd guess after those two games we'd likely still be in the bottom 6.

If we repriocate the same form against the same teams in the next two round of games then, yes, we would most certainly be relegation candidates.

Alfred E Newman
23-10-2010, 09:49 PM

We are stuck with this lot till Christmas and the sooner the players stop believing all this crap about being a better squad on paper or anywhere else than the other teams in the league then they might just roll their sleeves up and put some real effort into climbing the league.

Horse
23-10-2010, 11:37 PM
It astounds me that there are still some folk who think that?:confused:

I don't think it - that is why I put "on paper" in brackets. I just mean with the likes of Miller, Bamba, Riordan and Zemmama etc. in the squad i looks on paper as if we should be doing better than we are. The trouble is the Journalists who talk up these players on paper obviously don't watch these players every week and overate them.

The harsh reality is that although we have players in the team who are capable of showing a very rare glimpse of something special, the sum of the parts does not add up to much at the moment.

I'd personally rather see players who are less talented on paper but actually show a bit of fight and pride for the team, unlike what we have seen on display for a year or so now.

Horse
23-10-2010, 11:50 PM
We are stuck with this lot till Christmas and the sooner the players stop believing all this crap about being a better squad on paper or anywhere else than the other teams in the league then they might just roll their sleeves up and put some real effort into climbing the league.

Spot on. The problems lie with the lack of application from the players. The only way we'll salvage any amount of respectability from this season is if the players are prepared to put in a serious amount of effort instead of turning up and expecting to win, although how the players can expect to win just by turning up is beyond me. My fear is that if they haven't learned how to fight for a win by now then they never will so we're gonna end up having to get rid of most of them then bring in players who at least realise what playing for Hibs is all about.

I loved watching teams with the likes of Sauzee and Latapy but I also remember watching Hibs teams with less flair winning games by sheer grit and determination and enjoying seeing a midfielder win a ball that he should never have won because he shows the determination to win it that any fan would. Forget about all the flair romanticism, in my time following Hibs I've seen the odd team that could play with flair but most of the time we're crap to mediocre and sometimes we need to accept that. Right now we need players with fight and the current crop just don't show that.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 08:52 AM
I don't think it - that is why I put "on paper" in brackets. I just mean with the likes of Miller, Bamba, Riordan and Zemmama etc. in the squad i looks on paper as if we should be doing better than we are. The trouble is the Journalists who talk up these players on paper obviously don't watch these players every week and overate them.

The harsh reality is that although we have players in the team who are capable of showing a very rare glimpse of something special, the sum of the parts does not add up to much at the moment.

I'd personally rather see players who are less talented on paper but actually show a bit of fight and pride for the team, unlike what we have seen on display for a year or so now.

No no no no no. You said and i quote, I think that we probably have a marginally better squad (on paper) than most of the teams outwith the OF. Then mentioned, The trouble is the Journalists who talk up these players on paper obviously don't watch these players every week and overate them. Which one is it?:confused:

3pm
24-10-2010, 09:05 AM
We'll not go down.

However, there was a gradual decline before we went down in 98 and similar to then, if we don't address the slide now we're in trouble!

BSEJVT
24-10-2010, 11:09 AM
I think that we probably have a marginally better squad (on paper) than most of the teams outwith the OF.

Unfortunately football's played on grass not paper!

IMO this is a far worse Hibs team and squad than the one Duffy got us relegated with

Craig_in_Prague
24-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Sadly, it's a reality that we are so bad, that yes we could go down.

Unless we somehow get a handful of good players in during January.

Thank **** nearly the whole squad are out of contract soon.
Complete clear out is needed, just hope CC is the man that signs players we need and want at the club. Players that will run their socks off and fight for the club.

THIS shower can ALL GTF.

Phil D. Rolls
24-10-2010, 01:29 PM
We'll not go down.

However, there was a gradual decline before we went down in 98 and similar to then, if we don't address the slide now we're in trouble!

I'd like to think that lessons have been learned from 98, and emptying Yogi before he could really do damage has been the right course of action. The problem in 98 was we stuck with Duffy, despite the fact that he put us into the play offs in 97.

Remember, all he had to do was go to relegated Raith Rovers on the last day and get a win. The fact that he didn't get it should have resulted in a taxi being called there and then.

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2010, 01:53 PM
There is still a high level FOR THE SPL of ability in the team. However their is no organisation, but mor importantly, fight, heart, desire committment in the side. It lacks leadership and inspiration and obviously has a weak dressing room full of squabbling Jessie boys thinking about their next night out in George Street. So as things stand, we certainly are relegation fodder. I could grab a bunch of chaps from the east stand who could get right in their faces the same way as every other hammer-throwing SPL team do.

So our dilemma is: do we join the thug pack and get a better, fitter class of player, or try and pass them of the park? Under Yogi we were doing neither.

Hopefully Calderwood will know a few assassins down south he can bring in january to give the side some steel, and, more importantly, GET RID of the same old faces who've brought little to the table for the last few months.

I thought Yogi was a terrible manager but if he goes on to lead Man U to a CL win, the greatest achievement of his career will still have been getting those shirkers into 4th place.

Some hard, pacy big lads please CC, so that the Millers, Riordans, Zemmamas and Wotherspoons can play a bit of football with their heads up.

DH1875
24-10-2010, 05:49 PM
If we repriocate the same form against the same teams in the next two round of games then, yes, we would most certainly be relegation candidates.

I fricking hope not. Rem St.Mirren beat us and to lose against them again would be suicide cause the way things are going there our best hope.

Horse
24-10-2010, 06:04 PM
No no no no no. You said and i quote, I think that we probably have a marginally better squad (on paper) than most of the teams outwith the OF. Then mentioned, The trouble is the Journalists who talk up these players on paper obviously don't watch these players every week and overate them. Which one is it?:confused:

Was a bit drunk when posting last night! Forgive my inconsistencies - I can confirm that when sober I think the team are simply a loadypish!

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Was a bit drunk when posting last night! Forgive my inconsistencies - I can confirm that when sober I think the team are simply a loadypish!

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
25-10-2010, 09:25 PM
IMHO, it's a pish poor argument to say that the infrastructure development is a failing on the board's part.

:confused: FTR, at NO time have I said such a thing

IanM
26-10-2010, 08:01 AM
I'm going to see if i can get a price on Hibs being relegated and us also winning the scottish... :faf:

Stevie Reid
26-10-2010, 10:28 AM
We will be in a relegation battle by the time the next 5 fixtures have passed, I can't see any other way, as much as I hope I'm wrong.

Even avoiding defeat in all of them will leave us with only 13 points from 14 games - and once your down there it's hard enough to get out, never mind with this bunch of bottlers.

matty_f
26-10-2010, 10:33 AM
To put a more realistic slant on things, we are only there points off the top 6, and although or form has been terrible, we're still ahead of three other teams. If all teams form continues as it has from the start of the season we'll be fine.

ahibby
26-10-2010, 01:12 PM
I was worried at the start of the season when I saw absolutely nothing in the side against Maribor too give me any confidence. I thought then we were in for a rough ride this season and would be involved in the bottom 6 for sure. I think it's important now to see what the next few weeks brings and perhaps see if the new manager can work what seems to be a miracle needed to get us out of the slump. On what I have seen up to now I would have to say it's a possibility that we could be involved in a scrap to avoid relegation but the new manager might turn us around and get us in to the top six.

zero-seven
26-10-2010, 08:17 PM
With our traditionally bad winter period on the horizon, i have grave fears for our survival unless they get their A into G

i hope it gets better, but dont have much in the way of confidence in the team and set up

bingo70
26-10-2010, 08:25 PM
With our traditionally bad winter period on the horizon, i have grave fears for our survival unless they get their A into G

i hope it gets better, but dont have much in the way of confidence in the team and set up

I prefer to look at it the other way, normally we start the season well and finish it pish, now we're going to finish the season on fire wondering what could have been if Calderwood had been here at the start :wink:

Scottish cup is in the bag this year i reckon :greengrin

sambajustice
27-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I'll bet someone £100 we don't get relegated....

What are the odds at the various firms on us getting relegated?

erskine-hibby
27-10-2010, 03:12 PM
It is a reality and if the league had started in Feb it would have almost been a certainty. Now though the club have acted, a little late some might say, and brought in CC. I can see him steadying the ship by Jan and bringing in 1 or 2 players to help us. I would be surprised if we finish in the top 6, though it is still possible. Individually we have some good players, but collectively they are not functioning. CC has till Jan to wait to change things around and the players out of contract have till Jan to show that they are worth keeping, or at least worth anyone else signing them.

R'Albin
27-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I dont think we'll go down, but i do think we will be in the bottom six.:boo hoo: Also to add i am a total trumpet and i accidentally made my DOB 7/5/86 when infact it's 7/5/96:wink:

Dr Jimmy
27-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Unless CC gets more out of them than Yogi did and gets them organised and harder to beat?
If this happens we may actually be no bad.

West Stand View
27-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Current form is worrying but I think, and hope that, form will begin to improve and that we won't go down as other clubs around us are also poor. Not confident that we will egt out of bottom 6 though.

sesoim
27-10-2010, 11:27 PM
With the right guy in charge, I think we could still climb the table quite easily. Yes, we have some glaring problems, but some of these guys have proved they can be very decent players. The main problems for me are that Hughes failed to sort the defence, and then let Stokes go for a shocking price without having a decent replacement lined up.

Positional changes, like pushing Bamma and Murray into midfield, would have helped, but in order to do that we needed to sign a couple of decent centrebacks, which Hughes failed to do. I'd also have liked us to sign a Sproule type player and a good target man in the summer, but instead Hughes signed mostly duds that we don't need.

Hopefully CC will see what's needed soon and Petrie will allow him to spend what's needed in January bearing in mind that we will have a mass clearout in the summer anyway. But I'm worried CC doesn't have the prior SPL knowledge that is required to make the right changes quickly, and if he does make the wrong signings I think we'll finish 9th at best.

anon1
29-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Calderwood will keep you up, no question. His football may be a little on the cautious side, but he always got Forest playing the right way that's for sure.

I'll be at the game next sunday and it'll be good to see him back in the dugout!

Franck Stanton
29-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Calderwood will keep you up, no question. His football may be a little on the cautious side, but he always got Forest playing the right way that's for sure.

I'll be at the game next sunday and it'll be good to see him back in the dugout!

Will bow to your superior knowledge re CC - Hope you are right mate.

SouthamptonHibs
30-10-2010, 09:24 PM
we are in a bad place lads.....no point to this thread we are shiiiiit! i'm up next weekend for the derby and fully expect us to get pumped fi the yams..... a long season ahead it's got that 97/98 feeling about it! Well done petrie nice stand shiiiiit team hail hail. not sure about calderwood as someone else said the board appointed yogi in front of him and yogi was a disgrace of a manager...i blame him for the squad we have........... who in there right mind has a squad of 25 with no right back and no wingers!! he's a yam i'm telling yea

Sylar
30-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Lay aff the sauce and wait til sober before posting nonsense, eh? :bye:

HibbyAndy
30-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Before anyone starts i can confirm he IS a Hibee :greengrin

See ye next week D :aok:

H18sry
30-10-2010, 09:27 PM
:confused::confused: We were unlucky today a missed penalty:grr: and they got a lucky break to get there goal, we wiz robbed :wink:

Cabbage East
30-10-2010, 09:28 PM
We're nowhere near that.

See how you feel after we beat the mutants next week.

Lmc2105
30-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I was delighted with the way Hibs played today ... Okay we lost but we didn't deserve to!!

I thought that Grounds and Hart had a really good game today and a thought De Graff was outstanding in the middle of the park.

but i do believe that Calderwood will get us out of this situation we are in and it was great to see Hibs use the wings and actually attack today!!

best performance i have seen in months and more Confident heading into next weekend

Have faith guys :thumbsup::thumbsup:

SouthamptonHibs
30-10-2010, 09:31 PM

cheers mate i'll catch yea for a pint next week! 10 games in and it's looking grim wi the yams and huns coming up! i'm a half pint full type of guy but can't see us winning anytime soon! hope i'm wrong **** the hearts hail hail will we get a bumper crowd next week v the yams hope the place is jumping as we need to get behind the cabbage to get a result next weekend!

Capt Mainwaring
30-10-2010, 09:33 PM
we are in a bad place lads.....no point to this thread we are shiiiiit! i'm up next weekend for the derby and fully expect us to get pumped fi the yams..... a long season ahead it's got that 97/98 feeling about it! Well done petrie nice stand shiiiiit team hail hail. not sure about calderwood as someone else said the board appointed yogi in front of him and yogi was a disgrace of a manager...i blame him for the squad we have........... who in there right mind has a squad of 25 with no right back and no wingers!! he's a yam i'm telling yea

Oh dear - over indulgence Sauce wise me thinks!

--------
30-10-2010, 09:33 PM

Of course he is. Just cannae wait to start up a moan, right? Just like all the rest of the Hibees. :rolleyes:

Jim44
30-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Sobering thought.......................we are going through the traditionally strong part of our season...................ouch!!!! :rolleyes:

SouthamptonHibs
30-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Lay aff the sauce and wait til sober before posting nonsense, eh? :bye:

not sure it's nonsense every team in the league so far has out played us and beat us...we only have one decent striker aka riorden and have one winger galbraith who doesn't start half the time...we have star midfielders like miller, de graff and macbrid who don't score goals, our star man zemmama is injured, we're hoping duffy who's never played for hibs is good or we'll have nish back up front soon = ouch.....and we have pash like hogg, nish, stevenson, rankin etc getting there game we are far from a decent team, don't worry i keep the faith but just saying it's ok i'm a hibby just papers up the MASSIVE cracks we have...it's looking grim 2 wins in 10 but realy 2 wins in 13 counting the cups... roll on next week lets hope we can do somthing decent

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2010, 10:03 PM
not sure it's nonsense every team in the league so far has out played us and beat us...we only have one decent striker aka riorden and have one winger galbraith who doesn't start half the time...we have star midfielders like miller, de graff and macbrid who don't score goals, our star man zemmama is injured, we're hoping duffy who's never played for hibs is good or we'll have nish back up front soon = ouch.....and we have pash like hogg, nish, stevenson, rankin etc getting there game we are far from a decent team, don't worry i keep the faith but just saying it's ok i'm a hibby just papers up the MASSIVE cracks we have...it's looking grim 2 wins in 10 but realy 2 wins in 13 counting the cups... roll on next week lets hope we can do somthing decent

I think you are 100% right. Although we did get beat a lot better today, thats supposed to make us feel great. :yawn:

matty_f
30-10-2010, 10:07 PM
I think you are 100% right. Although we did get beat a lot better today, thats supposed to make us feel great. :yawn:

It's (ahem) progress.:greengrin

FWIW, I watched the 90 minutes on Alba, and we were a different side to that which we were watching latterly under Yogi.

Shape, system, players attacking with purpose, width, (relatively) solid defence, chances created... everything we weren't doing under Yogi was there bar the admittedly very critical goal(s).

We will play much worse than that and win games before the season's out.

Removed
30-10-2010, 10:11 PM

FWIW, I watched the 90 minutes on Alba, and we were a different side to that which we were watching latterly under Yogi.

Shape, system, players attacking with purpose, width, (relatively) solid defence, chances created... everything we weren't doing under Yogi was there bar the admittedly very critical goal(s).

Miller?

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2010, 10:14 PM

I hope you are right Matty, i couldn't be bothered watching Alba, i have seen us beaten enough recently to watch another one. I hope todays improved performance was not just a one off, but fear it could well be just that, as i dont believe this lot even with Ferguson in charge, could play well for a sustained period of time.

matty_f
30-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Miller?

Yes please, or a Stella if you have them.

I hope you are right Matty, i couldn't be bothered watching Alba, i have seen us beaten enough recently to watch another one. I hope todays improved performance was not just a one off, but fear it could well be just that, as i dont believe this lot even with Ferguson in charge, could play well for a sustained period of time.

I agree that we still lack quality, nothing will change that until the transfer window opens and/or we get Zemmama and Duffy fit and available.

However, the basics are there, we looked organised for the first time in God knows how long. It could be the lift from a new manager, but you've got to hope that Calderwood can instil that level of performance as business as usual, and then start building on it.

The side was better today as Calderwood has had time to find out more about the players he has at his disposal.

Seeing the back four line up in their preferred positions was pleasing, and seeing midfielders in midfield and Riordan up front - basics, but something we've been missing for ages.

I take no pleasure in defeat, but I think we're on the right track, and it's the first time I've thought that in months.

Removed
30-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes please, or a Stella if you have them.

Have seen Speedway's thoughts. Always said he knows what he's talking about :agree:

matty_f
30-10-2010, 10:39 PM
:greengrin:

Have see Speedway's thoughts. Always said he knows what he's talking about :agree:

:agree:Thought he was pretty much spot on, though I didn't think Miller was that bad, tbh.

I don't know what's happened to the Miller that arrived at the club, but I thought he (like the rest of the team) looked better than he has done for ages today.

marinello59
30-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Miller played much more like the player we expected when he signed today. As did others. Keep the faith, CC is the man.:thumbsup:

Baader
30-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Calderwood will turn us around but already wishing the season would hurry up and finish..! Cannae see us finishing top six but you never know. Hypothetical I know but I really think Yogi would have taken us down. Roll on January!

Dirkster23
30-10-2010, 10:58 PM

Doom and gloomer/happy clapper/doom and gloomer- full circle in about 2 years eh BH:wink:

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Doom and gloomer/happy clapper/doom and gloomer- full circle in about 2 years eh BH:wink:

I wonder why eh?:boo hoo:

marinello59
30-10-2010, 11:05 PM
I wonder why eh?:boo hoo:

You are schizophrenic?

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2010, 11:08 PM
You are schizophrenic?

Aye thats it.

marinello59
30-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Aye thats it.

At least you ain't lonely.:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
31-10-2010, 08:53 AM

When you read mince like this, you just feel like giving up.

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2010, 09:07 AM
When you read mince like this, you just feel like giving up.

It is a prime example of why you should never post on the board whilst inebriated.

heretoday
31-10-2010, 09:41 AM
End of the decade.....relegation......new manager........First Division.....lots of goals flying in.....Sauzee......Latapy.....promotion.

Bring it on! :greengrin

James70
31-10-2010, 05:45 PM
After this weekend's results I think the threat is now very realistic.

Granted Tannadice is not an easy place to visit at any time but the three teams which were below us in the league had arguably harder matches than us and they all managed to win.

If we lose our next two matches which is highly possible then we will probably find ourselves cut adrift at the bottom by ourselves.

We simply MUST win against Hearts next week, not because of who they are but because we need the points.

The Voice Of Reason
07-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Yes, I think the threat of relegation is a reality. Apart from the fact that we are currently bottom the league, here's why :-

We can't defend properly
We have a lack of physical strength in the team
We have no pace in the team from back to front
We have a bunch of gutless, spineless, talentless goons in the team, the majority of whom couldn't give a toss

Pathetic really. Still, hope the players enjoy their night out tonight. :grr:

essexhibee
07-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Yes.

Could it get any worse? After today, yes i think it could. How could it get to the point that we are going to be in a relegation battle with the mighty St ****ten.

The_Todd
07-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Add to that St Mirren are more than able to beat us themselves.

This is the current relegation odds across all the bookies:

http://www.easyodds.com/sports-betting/football-betting/scotland/scottish-premier-league/outright/to-finish-bottom.html

Sir David Gray
07-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Two weeks after my last post on this thread, nothing has changed. I would say that we are still one of the biggest candidates for relegation this season.

We can't score goals and defensively we are a shambles. That is never a good combination.

I am seriously struggling to come up with a club in this league that we are worse than at the moment and I think everyone at the club has to prepare themselves for a relegation battle over the coming months.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-11-2010, 10:07 AM
The threat gets greater as each week goes by, the worrying thing is the players don't seem to realise it yet. I wouldn't fancy that lot to come out on top in a battle v anyone just now, when we down under Duffy the team was pish, but, at least they appeared to try!

number 27
08-11-2010, 10:19 AM
The threat gets greater as each week goes by, the worrying thing is the players don't seem to realise it yet. I wouldn't fancy that lot to come out on top in a battle v anyone just now, when we down under Duffy the team was pish, but, at least they appeared to try!

As poor as Duffy's team was sad to say I would back his team to beat our current lot by a couple of goals.

We are easily the worst team in the SPL at present. :boo hoo:

delbert
08-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Of course we are relegation candidates, look at the total lack of quality in our side, and look at the record over the last 10 months, if the season had started in Janyaury and ended now, we would be down. However, most worrying for me is that all the clubs we are going to be up against are fairly used to relegation dogfights, and most know how to stay up. Only one team gets it wroing each year, and it's usually either the worst team, or the team who just does'nt fight hard enough - anybody able to hazard a guess which current SPL team fulfils both those criteria?? The lack of fight, lack of desire, and lack of pride is disgraceful, and I look forward to all the normal platitudes from the players in the press over the coming days, we are'nt that bad, we've not had the rub of the green, we will sort it out etc. CC should ban these jokers from speaking to the press until they earn the right to have an opinion by sweating blood for the cause and getting us out of the mess which collectively they and the last joke of a manager have put us in. It was only last week that one of these duds went into the press telling us the fight for a European place starts now, no it does'nt, it started in August and you lot just have'nt shown up yet. One final point, I sincerely hope that we have seen the last of the all yellow strip, because although we all know this bunch are a bunch of wage thieving cowards, we don't need to dress them up in yellow to highlight this, we already know, although in saying that, perhaps it would be more appropriate, because there is not one of them at present fit to wear the famous green and white of Hibs.

BSEJVT
08-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Of course we are relegation candidates, look at the total lack of quality in our side, and look at the record over the last 10 months, if the season had started in Janyaury and ended now, we would be down. However, most worrying for me is that all the clubs we are going to be up against are fairly used to relegation dogfights, and most know how to stay up. Only one team gets it wroing each year, and it's usually either the worst team, or the team who just does'nt fight hard enough - anybody able to hazard a guess which current SPL team fulfils both those criteria?? The lack of fight, lack of desire, and lack of pride is disgraceful, and I look forward to all the normal platitudes from the players in the press over the coming days, we are'nt that bad, we've not had the rub of the green, we will sort it out etc. CC should ban these jokers from speaking to the press until they earn the right to have an opinion by sweating blood for the cause and getting us out of the mess which collectively they and the last joke of a manager have put us in. It was only last week that one of these duds went into the press telling us the fight for a European place starts now, no it does'nt, it started in August and you lot just have'nt shown up yet. One final point, I sincerely hope that we have seen the last of the all yellow strip, because although we all know this bunch are a bunch of wage thieving cowards, we don't need to dress them up in yellow to highlight this, we already know, although in saying that, perhaps it would be more appropriate, because there is not one of them at present fit to wear the famous green and white of Hibs.

Pedant alert

You make some good points but it is so hard to read that I often give up.

Look at other folks posts, they break up their points into paragraphs and sentences.

It does not matter if they are grammatically correct, I doubt this is.

It just makes it so much easier to read and digest.

Everyone wants to join in the debate.

IMO more folk will if you do this.

I apologise because there is no way to have written this regarding your post without looking like a patronising knob.

Please be assured that is not my intention.

totalfootball
08-11-2010, 06:12 PM
I Think there is a distinct chance we might go down this season, it's bloody worse we are getting! No defence, midfield with no pace ideas etc and 1 striker in Riordan who isnt playing well and let everyone down yesterday! Its so cringeworthy watching that horrible shower taking the piss out of us and lets be honest here they are crap to! I haven't been hurting this much since county turfed ous out of the cup but at least then I felt we had some decent players! How does Calderwood sort this mess?

Hermit Crab
08-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I Think there is a distinct chance we might go down this season, it's bloody worse we are getting! No defence, midfield with no pace ideas etc and 1 striker in Riordan who isnt playing well and let everyone down yesterday! Its so cringeworthy watching that horrible shower taking the piss out of us and lets be honest here they are crap to! I haven't been hurting this much since county turfed ous out of the cup but at least then I felt we had some decent players! How does Calderwood sort this mess?

Absolute Pash mate IMO. Ive been to every game this season and there have been half decent performances like Dundee Utd last week and we were unlucky not to get anything from that game. St Mirren are worse than us and my money is on them to go down we have the cash to bring in players in Jan where other clubs around us might toil to spend any money. Do not worry Hibs will not get relegated

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2010, 06:17 PM

http://www.guidedbyyoda.com/images/yoda_in_swamp.jpg

Otherwise.....:hmmm:

The_Todd
08-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Absolute Pash mate IMO. Ive been to every game this season and there have been half decent performances like Dundee Utd last week and we were unlucky not to get anything from that game. St Mirren are worse than us and my money is on them to go down we have the cash to bring in players in Jan where other clubs around us might toil to spend any money. Do not worry Hibs will not get relegated

Half decent performances where we get no points won't save us from relegation though. We've played every team once now, including St Mirren who you count as worse than us. We're joint bottom with said St Mirren and they've already demonstrated an ability to beat us this season!

I'm not saying we will go down, but it's time we start realising it's not outwith the realms of reality because if we carry on with the attitude that we're automatically safe because we're bigger than St Mirren then we can replace next seasons Edinburgh Derby with a Lothian Derby with Livingston.

The Voice Of Reason
08-11-2010, 07:43 PM

Sorry mate, but that post deserves one of these :-

:ostrich:

Head in the sand and all that!

P.S I salute you indefatigability.

King Paddy
08-11-2010, 07:46 PM
We are worse than the team who were relegated in 98. Petrie wake up and smell the coffee your time's up.

Bad Martini
08-11-2010, 08:17 PM
I fear, there's some free crack on the go roond certain parts of the Burgh.

St Mirren - a long standing solid team, good til the end aren't they?

Hamilton - renowned for being stalwarts in battle.

Aberdeen - ****ed NINE nil.

YES, we've been and will continue to be pish-ish. But, over the course of a season we're definitely better than the first two teams and stronger in depth and as for Aberdeen, how long did they spend doon the bottom last season? And after losing NINE goals, nobody is thinking they might just have some problems? Particularly as they have a manager who lives so far up his own arse he thinks it's a minor set-back and he's "slightly" to blame.....

FFS. Relegation is as likely as us doing something and winning the Scottish Cup. Nae chance. I won't bet on us not making the top 6 tho but we WONT be relegated.

Houchy
08-11-2010, 09:38 PM

I'm sure that's what Newcastle fans comforted themselves with a couple of years ago.. "no, there's worse teams than us...uh, oh":rolleyes:

BroxburnHibee
08-11-2010, 09:40 PM
We're the worst team in the league - by far.

Anyone that thinks there are worse then us are either delusional or blind.

Bad Martini
08-11-2010, 10:54 PM

This rather backs up my point above:

9 Aberdeen -10 10
10 Hamilton -11 9
11 Hibernian -10 8
12 St Mirren -12 8

Yes, we've been ****. We've also had a little bad luck against Dundee Utd. Is anyone REALLY suggesting we are worse than St Mirren and Hamilton (Who are just above us with far less depth, squad and chance of investment if realy needed)? And the sheep are not far behind, hot on the heels of a 9-0 drubbing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The table does not lie. Yes, we are ****. We are NOT the ****test tho.

ENDOF

Sir David Gray
09-11-2010, 12:06 AM

9 Aberdeen -10 10
10 Hamilton -11 9
11 Hibernian -10 8
12 St Mirren -12 8

Yes, we've been ****. We've also had a little bad luck against Dundee Utd. Is anyone REALLY suggesting we are worse than St Mirren and Hamilton (Who are just above us with far less depth, squad and chance of investment if realy needed)? And the sheep are not far behind, hot on the heels of a 9-0 drubbing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENDOF

At the moment, yes, I would say that we are worse than St Mirren and Hamilton.

We created absolutely nothing against St Mirren when we played them in Paisley and I thought Hamilton were at the very least well worth their draw against us at Easter Road. The last time we were away at Hamilton, they hammered us 4-1.

Yes Aberdeen are mince at the moment as well but again, when they came up against us, they raced into a 4-0 lead without too many problems. OK we scored two goals but by the time that happened the game was done and dusted.

Anyone who does not acknowledge that we are in serious danger of being relegated this season is living on another planet.

Since we are currently 11th, and joint-bottom, in the table at the moment after 11 games, this is where the teams who have been 11th after 11 games have finished in the league since 2001/02;

2001/02-Motherwell-10 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 11th place.
2002/03-Partick Thistle-8 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 10th place.
2003/04-Aberdeen-7 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 11th place.
2004/05-Inverness-8 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 8th place.
2005/06-Dunfermline-5 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 11th place.
2006/07-Dunfermline-8 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 12th place (RELEGATED).
2007/08-Falkirk-9 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 7th place.
2008/09-Inverness-10 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 12th place (RELEGATED).
2009/10-Hamilton-9 points from 11 games and they finished the season in 7th place.

Although most of the sides who were 11th after 11 games went on to avoid relegation, most of them were not joint-bottom, like we are at the moment. In most seasons, the team who was bottom were miles behind after 11 matches.

It is almost a certainty that we will be in the bottom six this year, which is bad enough, but when you consider that only one team has scored less goals than us so far and only three sides have conceded more goals, I don't think relegation is as improbable as you are making it out to be.

This team doesn't know how to defend, doesn't score goals, hardly creates any chances over a 90 minute period, plays with absolutely no width, has no pace whatsoever and worst of all, has zero confidence in anything that they are trying to do.

That is not a good combination.

BroxburnHibee
09-11-2010, 12:18 AM

9 Aberdeen -10 10
10 Hamilton -11 9
11 Hibernian -10 8
12 St Mirren -12 8

ENDOF

The table says what it says - but we still got beat off St Mirren after yet another pathetic display.

What worries me is there are STILL fans on here that think we shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom and are STILL going on about top 6 finishes and cup runs.

FFS WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are rank ****** rotten - with absolutely no sign of fight or passion - 2 attributes we are going to need in spades if we are to survive this forthcoming battle.

Right now 11th would be acceptable - 10th or better would be success.

I hope the players read these boards - maybe just maybe they might understand how much they let us down big style.

Not holding my breath though.

I hate to think the size of crowds we will have soon if the football doesn't improve.

fatbloke
09-11-2010, 12:23 AM
.....replace with 'probability'.

Sadly I :agree:

Pretty Boy
09-11-2010, 09:28 AM
The table says what it says - but we still got beat off St Mirren after yet another pathetic display.

What worries me is there are STILL fans on here that think we shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom and are STILL going on about top 6 finishes and cup runs.

FFS WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are rank ****** rotten - with absolutely no sign of fight or passion - 2 attributes we are going to need in spades if we are to survive this forthcoming battle.

Right now 11th would be acceptable - 10th or better would be success.

I hope the players read these boards - maybe just maybe they might understand how much they let us down big style.

Not holding my breath though.

I hate to think the size of crowds we will have soon if the football doesn't improve.

:top marks

The delusion of a few on here is worrying.

We can all argue that on paper we are better than St Mirren, Hamilton and Aberdeen but the results thus far have failed to back that belief up. Hammered 4-2 by Aberdeen, beaten 2-1 by St Mirren and a 1-1 draw at home with hamilton in a game we could quite easily have lost.

There is a total lack of fight and as De Graafs idiotic comments today prove still an unbelievable arrogance in the dressing room that 'we're too good to go down'. Ian Murray has been guilty of similar sentiments. I'm sure in relatively recent memory Manchester City, Newcastle, Leeds and West ham fans all consoled themselves with the fact that they were too big to go down- didn't quite work out like that did it?

As FH has said above we aren't scoring goals but we are conceding, the first signs of a setback and all confidence drains from the side, their is no passion, no fight, no creativity, no ideas, no pace, no width, no hunger and desire, just nothing. This is a worrying combination and whilst we may have technically better players than St Mirren, Hamilton etc you can bet your last penny that they have guys who are up for a fight, this could be the telling factor IMO.

vincipernoi
13-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Are many people still worried about relegation?

Wilson
13-11-2010, 05:47 PM
I am less worried. We need to keep this form going. Ask me again after a few more games.

SurferRosa
13-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Not any more. I realise there is still a lot of hard work ahead, but i think CC has found a system to get these guys playing. A mid table finish i think, possibly 5th/6th.

Mikeystewart
13-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Not any more. I realise there is still a lot of hard work ahead, but i think CC has found a system to get these guys playing. A mid table finish i think, possibly 5th/6th.

Careful you will give the fans unreasonable expectation levels cough..cough....yogi cough...cough :greengrin

HibeeMcGinn1
13-11-2010, 06:19 PM
no

Sir David Gray
13-11-2010, 08:53 PM

Not if we carry on having the fight and desire that we have shown in the last two matches. If our new found confidence continues then we will certainly climb the table and be nowhere near relegation.

But that's just two games and we are still in 8th place, a long way from where most Hibs fans would have wanted the team to finish at the start of the season.

Long may today's performance continue.

Bookkeeper
13-11-2010, 09:41 PM

Nope!

We're looking upwards now, not below us.

Better performances and the goals are coming.

Much needed fight being shown too.

Starting to like Mr Calderwood!

SurferRosa
13-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Careful you will give the fans unreasonable expectation levels cough..cough....yogi cough...cough :greengrin
Oops......! Mind you, fitba guys will know what am talkin aboot....:LOL: !!!!!!

jabis
13-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Yes, I think the threat of relegation is a reality. Apart from the fact that we are currently bottom the league, here's why :-

We can't defend properly
We have a lack of physical strength in the team
We have no pace in the team from back to front
We have a bunch of gutless, spineless, talentless goons in the team, the majority of whom couldn't give a toss

Pathetic really. Still, hope the players enjoy their night out tonight. :grr:

ahhhh...... hindsight !

jabis
13-11-2010, 11:33 PM

Ooooops,dave :greengrin

sent using my white stick tap tap.

BroxburnHibee
13-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Ooooops,dave :greengrin

sent using my white stick tap tap.

In my defence I was hurting. Still am TBH. :wink:

jabis
13-11-2010, 11:50 PM

In my defence I was hurting. Still am TBH. :wink:

The jury finds the defendant as guilty as sin :greengrin

:taxi thats your car by the way :agree: :greengrin

sahib
14-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Second half today, I was thinking that if Motherwell equalise it would be a very bad omen for the rest of the season. Today was a vital win, it showed we could come back from the loss of an early goal and keep a one goal lead. These are things we couldn't do in the seasons when we have been relegated.

Bad Martini
14-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Now then, let's see where we are???

Let's continue to press the panic button, sack the manager, drop Riordan and sing the praises of St Mirren, Hamilton and the sheep :grr: :wink:

Hmmm. :greengrin

KEEP. THE. FAITH. We were (and still are a bit) *****, but were not the *****st, as ah sais.

BE COOL.

ENDOF

The Voice Of Reason
26-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Does anyone still think that the threat of relegation is not a reality ?!?

Head in the sand brigade - are you there ?!?!? :devil:

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-12-2010, 09:42 PM
The current team are a bunch of talentless wasters, bottlers, fact. Can we be relegated? Of course we can, anybody who says otherwise is very, very, deluded. :worried:

jdships
26-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Does anyone still think that the threat of relegation is not a reality ?!?

Head in the sand brigade - are you there ?!?!? :devil:

:thumbsup:

PC Stamp
26-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Just thinking, fortunately, due to league reconstruction there might not be relegation this season. :pray:

We'd best hope they go for a 16 team set up then. :wink:

At The Edge
26-12-2010, 09:56 PM
with each passing week, relegation is now becoming more of a very definite yes, we are in serious trouble at the moment, relying on St Mirren, Aberdeen and Hamilton being worse than us is a very risky game to play and judging on todays performance, one we'll lose.

The sooner these jokers realise this, the better

Expecting Rain
27-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Yesterday confirmed my worst fears that we are now without doubt relegation candidates.
We were defeated by one of the poorest Aberdeen teams i have seen and that is the second time this season, thankfully we had a keeper who was in decent form, a young lad in Wotherspoon who took responsibility and the only goal threat in Riordan, there`s no understanding between the centre backs, the full backs completely lack confidence, there`s no balance in midfield and up front as i say we have one player capable of scoring goals.
The last time i felt this depressed was after the semi final defeat to Dunfermline, some of these guys are going to have to show a bit of sense and courage especially at Tynecastle, what is most annoying is that as bad as we are at the moment the other teams are not that good, Calderwood has a massive job on his hands, we don`t look like beating anybody.

gordieboy
27-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Hibs will not go down this season,Hamilton are rank and will go down,we will finish about 8th,once Rod splashes the cash in january for Calderwood.

Gala Foxes
27-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Rankin, Hogg & Nish wouldnt have got a game in the teams that went down in 1979/80 and mid 90s

Horse
27-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Relegation is now without a doubt a reality. The best we can hope for is survival and then hope that after two transfer windows CC will have got rid of the dead wood (which there is plenty of) and bring in some players with a bit of fight. Only then can we start to think about seeing a bit of progress. We might aswell accept this season is a write off and forget about any knee jerk calls to change the manager yet again. The one thing we desperately need is stability and the new management team need a decent amount of time to change things - something that the previous two managers have not had. At my age I'd have to say that Hibs have generally been pretty crap for most of my life with the odd team here and there providing a bit of respite. People have to stop expecting managers to come in, wave a magic wand and have us challenging for honours, european football and playing good football. If Hibs are going to achieve that then we'll have to be patient because we are at a real low point in terms of the quality of squad and even Alex Ferguson would need at least a couple of years to sort out the current shambles.

sean
27-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Even without yesterdays outrageous display, i have said this for weeks/months now,we are genuine relegation candidates.

People are kidding themselves on that we are a cut above hamilton, st mirren and the like, we have one of the worst groups of players i have seen at ER in the last 10 years.

The squad lacks any quality and carry far too many players who have done nothing or very little for a very long time.

certain players who have been given chance after chance and have made the continued same mistake over and over again.

QUITE SIMPLY IF RIORDAN DOES NOT SCORE, WE DO NOT HAVE A CHANCE OF EVER GETTING A A SINGLE POINT.

our amazing ability to concede goals at will, while we couldnt score if we played a game for 3 hours is relegation form in its on right.

I also do not predict wholesale changes in january. I cant see how calderwood is going to get any improvement from the players he has there.

i genuinely believe we have got worse under calderwood(thats not calling for the guys head or suggesting hughes was doing a good job).

hibs are in a relegation battle with a team with no fight,no bottle, no goals and defenders who cannot defend.

jdships
27-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Rankin, Hogg & Nish wouldnt have got a game in the teams that went down in 1979/80 and mid 90s

We could say exactly about players in that team would not get a game today
How can you compare teams thirty years apart ?
Different style of football different tactical game etc etc
:bye:

Jim44
27-12-2010, 07:26 PM
I think we are strong favourites to go down unless Calderwood is given the sort of help we know Petrie is incapable of. The more depressing thing is that this time round we are not going to pick up the Sauzees and Latapys to ensure a swift return to the top level.

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2010, 08:12 PM
I'd take A'deen out of the relegation equation now. Paw has enough savvy to steer a talentless, weak squad to safety. I thought CC would offer us this minimum requirement, but other than the Ibrox fluke, nothing has been shown, and we're going backwards.

So to recap, I wanted CC to stabilise us with what we have, so that in the transfer window we could climb into the top six.

He hasn't been able to do that. So now his interventions in the Jan transfer window are about keeping us in the SPL. If we're being honest, and if Rod is, that probably already constitutes failure as a manager.

I only hope he's playing it low key and is a silent assassin, ready to preside over a radical clearout. Only that will get the support back onside. Let's be honest, most of us have been bouncing between increasing levels of boredom and frustration for the last couple of years.

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2010, 03:29 PM
I think we are strong favourites to go down unless Calderwood is given the sort of help we know Petrie is incapable of. The more depressing thing is that this time round we are not going to pick up the Sauzees and Latapys to ensure a swift return to the top level.

Eh, who was in charge when we signed, Latapy and Sauzee, and what is he doing now. We could really do with that sort of CEO.

essexhibee
28-12-2010, 05:31 PM
People touted under Mixu at one point that we could get relegated but in reality it never looked in doubt. This season?

Jesus we are in REAL trouble. We now are in a relegation battle. Five points from the bottom and Hamilton have two games in hand. We will get humped on Saturday by our biggest rivals.

These are dark dark days for this football club.

BEEJ
28-12-2010, 05:38 PM
We will get humped on Saturday by our biggest rivals.

These are dark dark days for this football club.
A bit overly definitive, no?

Since when can anyone speak in certainties about the outcome of football matches, particularly local derbies?

essexhibee
28-12-2010, 05:42 PM
A bit overly definitive, no?

Since when can anyone speak in certainties about the outcome of football matches, particularly local derbies?

If we dont get beat at least 3-0 on Saturday feel free to come back on here and slate me. A team that can concede two goals to the worst Sheep side in years will part like the red sea when we go to tynecastle.

Skacel, Templeton, Kyle will be raring for this.

HibeeMcGinn1
01-01-2011, 11:27 PM
If we dont get beat at least 3-0 on Saturday feel free to come back on here and slate me. A team that can concede two goals to the worst Sheep side in years will part like the red sea when we go to tynecastle.

Skacel, Templeton, Kyle will be raring for this.

ok

Sir David Gray
01-01-2011, 11:42 PM
I think we need to concentrate on St Mirren and, most importantly, Hamilton from now on. I think Aberdeen will now start to climb the table and Craig Brown will get them going.

We are currently five points above Hamilton, so we need to hope that they win no more than five more points than us between now and the end of the season.

Considering that we will probably play them three times between now and the end of the season, it could all boil down to those three matches.

The post split game will likely be at New Douglas Park. I don't fancy this current bunch's chances of going there and picking up a victory in what could be a "must win, winner takes all" match.

The Voice Of Reason
15-01-2011, 04:36 PM
YES - the threat of relegation is a reality.

Results based business - Calderwood and Adams have ben sh*te so far. So much for a new management team giving the players a shot in the arm. Pathetic stuff.

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2011, 11:15 PM
We deliberately lost to part time, second division Ayr Utd tonight as it will enable us to fully focus on our league position.

Relegation - no chance. Top 6 here we come.

Yours sincerely,
Alistair Campbell (Spin doctor extraordinaire)

:ostrich: :ostrich: :ostrich: :ostrich: :ostrich:

fatbloke
18-01-2011, 11:18 PM
No it's a racing****ingcertainty

fatbloke
18-01-2011, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=The Voice Of Reason;2698236]We deliberately lost to part time, second division Ayr Utd tonight as it will enable us to fully focus on our league position.

sunshine1875
18-01-2011, 11:23 PM
We're doooooomed

Bookkeeper
18-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Need to find some fight and spirit to match St Mirren and Hamilton or were going down.

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Need to find some fight and spirit to match St Mirren and Hamilton or were going down.

Well that's us friar tucked then. :boo hoo:

Fight and spirit fom this lot - no danger.

Jim44
18-01-2011, 11:31 PM
If you didn't laugh, you'ld greet. 'Is the Threat of Relegation a Reality?How naive that question seems tonight. St. Mirren showed they have balls tonight and Hamilton know we are a soft touch and will be above us in a few matches from now. Short of a fluke here and there, we are absolute certainties for the drop. The only person who can save us is Petrie, but a leopard can't change his spots and ...................... :zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!:

Bookkeeper
18-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Well that's us friar tucked then. :boo hoo:

Fight and spirit fom this lot - no danger.

:agree: Sadly.

GreenCastle
19-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Yes it's real.

The quality in players isn't too different between us Hamilton and St Mirren

But they both have more hunger and fight to get out of this mess and stay away from Division 1.

Please get the youngsters in who will fight hopefully and at least give us some hope for the future - should we go down :rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
22-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Now then, let's see where we are???

Let's continue to press the panic button, sack the manager, drop Riordan and sing the praises of St Mirren, Hamilton and the sheep :grr: :wink:

Hmmm. :greengrin

KEEP. THE. FAITH. We were (and still are a bit) *****, but were not the *****st, as ah sais.

BE COOL.

ENDOF

Do you still feel like being "COOL" or are you now starting to waken up to the reality of relegation ?!?!? :devil:

The Voice Of Reason
22-01-2011, 09:45 PM

I do hope you are correct HC !

May I suggest that even you have now reached the stage where you are starting to get mildly concerned ?!? :worried:

PapillonVert
22-01-2011, 11:04 PM
As we lurch from one disastrous performance to yet another, both St Mirren and Hamilton must be gaining confidence by the second and who can blame them? On what we have seen, they have absolutely nothing to fear from us. No-one does.

CC says he's happy - I cannot even for a nano-second fathom why - and yet I cling to the hope that even the total numpties in our squad (we're too-good-to-go down, we're top 6 bla bla) MUST realise now that we are in a desperate dog fight for survival. But do they?

The huge problem for us is that the other teams are already battle-ready and already fighting whilst our whimps still think they are something special and everything will come out all right in the end without them having to make the slightest effort and so are still more concerned about their clubbing and socialising than knuckling down to some serious hard work and effort.

And the ethos at ER is that the players rule the roost and so everyone is too scared to crack the whip that seriously needs to be cracked.

Eddie Turnbull must be raging. I know I am.....

nortonhibby
22-01-2011, 11:18 PM
If you didn't laugh, you'ld greet. 'Is the Threat of Relegation a Reality?How naive that question seems tonight. St. Mirren showed they have balls tonight and Hamilton know we are a soft touch and will be above us in a few matches from now. Short of a fluke here and there, we are absolute certainties for the drop. The only person who can save us is Petrie, but a leopard can't change his spots and ...................... :zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!:

RP Will not spend a penny we all know that however we have enough quality to beat Hamilton and St Mirren the real chalenge happens after he split IMO We will be above bottom place when the split happens and if we can win the big games post split ie the Hamilton and St Mirren games we will survive.

matty_f
22-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Unfortunately it looks like the threat of relegation isn't so much a reality, but more of a probability.

I genuinely can't see where our next goal is coming from, never mind our next points.

Frightening.:agree:

James70
26-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Relegation is no longer a possibility, it is an absolute certainty.

Nothing else to add.

H!BEE
26-01-2011, 08:50 PM
my anger has turned to complete worry.

how have we gotten so bad.

joe breezy
26-01-2011, 08:52 PM
The Scots at work took pleasure in telling me about some pundit talking about the possibility of Hearts winning the league and Hibs getting relegated - super :/

nortonhibby
26-01-2011, 09:03 PM
When did we last win a game it is so long ago i honestly cant remember in fact when did we last score a goal ?

I Know the buzz words are Colin needs time and we need time to let the new players fit in but reality must set in we are rank rotten.

We are going down unless something dramatic happens/changes very very soon its down to the 1st division and well done RP The man who fiddled as Rome burned.

mcfly
26-01-2011, 09:11 PM
we are crap and if panic hasnt set in the boardroom by now it should.

sadly we are too easy to beat and hamilton will work harder than us.

its sad to say but i dont believe anything the board says...they wont spend the money to keep us up so they can stick their season ticket renewal.

they take plenty out and put nowt back in. our team is filled with journeyman

The Voice Of Reason
30-01-2011, 05:29 PM
We will be fine.

We are Hibs. We are far too good to go down.

:ostrich::ostrich::ostrich::ostrich::ostrich::ostr ich::ostrich::ostrich::ostrich::ostrich: