PDA

View Full Version : Nobody Cares!

SlickShoes
23-10-2010, 12:14 PM
This is the main problem for hibs, obviously outside of being herendous, the majority of the players dont give a hoot. When we had worse teams than this in the 90s at least some of the players cared about the club they played for, nowadays thats very rare and we are lacking that sort of passion severely.

Another defeat another paycheck in the bank.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-10-2010, 12:18 PM
All too true unfortunately! Or at least thats the impression they give!

GloryGlory
23-10-2010, 12:23 PM
:agree:

Petrie will have an easy time of it re contract negotiations, because out of 16, it's difficult to justify any of them getting an extension.

sahib
23-10-2010, 01:04 PM
This is the main problem for hibs, obviously outside of being herendous, the majority of the players dont give a hoot. When we had worse teams than this in the 90s at least some of the players cared about the club they played for, nowadays thats very rare and we are lacking that sort of passion severely.

Another defeat another paycheck in the bank.

I think that is a very simple minded explanation.

Hibercelona
23-10-2010, 01:12 PM
The problem with Hibs is that we are looked upon as a "stepping stone" club.

We don't have one player that would quite happily stay at Hibs through their whole career.

We're just the transition club between small clubs and massive clubs.

We aren't taken seriously at all.

zlatan
23-10-2010, 01:13 PM
The feeling is pretty mutual. Watched that today but felt no emotion at any time other than laughing at a few incidents.

So indifferent to the whole thing just now.

wazoo1875
23-10-2010, 01:20 PM
The feeling is pretty mutual. Watched that today but felt no emotion at any time other than laughing at a few incidents.

I'm with you here mate, I genuinely don't give a **** just now.
Switched that pish over the minute the spurs game started.

mcfly
23-10-2010, 01:23 PM
they should be bl...y caring cause come january they'll all be on the dole cause they'll be binned and no club will want them.

bunch of losers.

this season is gone.....we need to stay up.....empty the losers in jan or the summer and rebuild with triers

Liam89
23-10-2010, 01:45 PM

I feel exactly the same, just a blank expression on my face the whole game. Quite worrying.. :\

matty_f
23-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Problem we have is hibs as the best team most oft these players will play for between now and the end of their careers. We need to get players who do see hibs ad a stepping stone to bigger things. Then they'll have something to play for. Todays first team selection was no better than that of any off the expected bottom six teams this season. Or results are not surprising when you match our team up against the rest of the league.

GloryGlory
23-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Problem we have is hibs as the best team most oft these players will play for between now and the end of their careers. We need to get players who do see hibs ad a stepping stone to bigger things. Then they'll have something to play for. Todays first team selection was no better than that of any off the expected bottom six teams this season. Or results are not surprising when you match our team up against the rest of the league.

:agree: :agree: And it's about time some of them realised it and acted (and played) accordingly...

Otherwise, it'll be part time football in the lower reaches of the SFL, training on public parks and having to actually work for a living! Which is, TBH, better than a lot of them deserve.

Dirkster23
23-10-2010, 01:59 PM
The problem with Hibs is that we are looked upon as a "stepping stone" club.

We don't have one player that would quite happily stay at Hibs through their whole career.

We're just the transition club between small clubs and massive clubs.

We aren't taken seriously at all.

Do you seriously think guys like Rankin, Galbraith, Stevenson, Nish and Hogg see Hibs as a stepping stone to something bigger? Hibs are the biggest team any of these guys will play for. Offer any of these guys a new contract at Hibs and they'd sign it straight away.

Hibercelona
23-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Do you seriously think guys like Rankin, Galbraith, Stevenson, Nish and Hogg see Hibs as a stepping stone to something bigger? Hibs are the biggest team any of these guys will play for. Offer any of these guys a new contract at Hibs and they'd sign it straight away.

I'm not saying we have great players that will move on to great things.

But they clearly think they are.

We have players with egos that could rival Wayne Rooneys.

Dirkster23
23-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm not saying we have great players that will move on to great things.

But they clearly think they are.

We have players with egos that could rival Wayne Rooneys.

The only player that seems to think like that is Bamba.

The problem with too many of the others is they just aren't good enough!

Hibercelona
23-10-2010, 02:14 PM
The only player that seems to think like that is Bamba.

The problem with too many of the others is they just aren't good enough!

They aren't trying hard enough, because they feel like they don't have to.

Dirkster23
23-10-2010, 02:18 PM
They aren't trying hard enough, because they feel like they don't have to.

That's your opinion. My opinion is most of the team tried today, but just weren't good enough or played out of position.

JohnScott
23-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I think that is a very simple minded explanation.

In that case sahib perhaps you could take the time to climb down off your mountain and explain the total lack of commitment shown by that bunch of poofs masquerading as Hibs players today? Two bookings (one for the penalty) says it all! I'm not saying they should have been breaking legs but you would expect a bit more "bite" than that PATHETIC display!!

Good luck over the next few weeks CC as by God you saw today just what you've taken on.

By the way: Just what did big Nish find to laugh about as he hobbled down the touchline? Was it the fact only he could get injured landing on his feet? Good goal though!

Cabbage1875
23-10-2010, 02:39 PM

Absolutely spot on.

As soon as I saw the thread title I assumed it was the fans that were being discussed. Properly worrying times.

JohnScott
23-10-2010, 02:39 PM
That's your opinion. My opinion is most of the team tried today, but just weren't good enough or played out of position.

Too true. Not good enough against the poorest Aberdeen team I've ever seen. We could look at the positives like Hibs having more shots on target, possession........but that defence was embarrassing.

Hibby70
23-10-2010, 02:53 PM
I've said it before but I really think we lack anyone with leadership qualities on the park. Someone that the rest of the team look up to and other teams/fans detest. We are a soft looking bunch who look petrified every time we go out on the park.

We need a right horrible barsteward in there somewhere who is prepared to kick some backsides on the park.

matty_f
23-10-2010, 02:55 PM
I've said it before but I really think we lack anyone with leadership qualities on the park. Someone that the rest of the team look up to and other teams/fans detest. We are a soft looking bunch who look petrified every time we go out on the park.

We need a right horrible barsteward in there somewhere who is prepared to kick some backsides on the park.

Totally agree with that. There are no leaders on the park at Hibs at the moment.

lyonhibs
23-10-2010, 09:39 PM
In that case sahib perhaps you could take the time to climb down off your mountain and explain the total lack of commitment shown by that bunch of poofs :bitchy: masquerading as Hibs players today? Two bookings (one for the penalty) says it all! I'm not saying they should have been breaking legs but you would expect a bit more "bite" than that PATHETIC display!!

Good luck over the next few weeks CC as by God you saw today just what you've taken on.

By the way: Just what did big Nish find to laugh about as he hobbled down the touchline? Was it the fact only he could get injured landing on his feet? Good goal though!

Class usage of the English language. Is "number of yellow cards per match" suddenly become the gauge by which a performance is judged???

Fundamentally I agree with you though. As long as this bunch (or at least a lot of them) are at the club, turning in spineless performances like that, we'll go nowhere. [Pish players I can handle. Pish players not giving a flying f*** I cannot accept.

CC has a real task on his hands, bigger than almost any incoming Hibs manager in my memory.