PDA

View Full Version : Number of Away Games?

Bobo
23-10-2010, 09:05 AM
I've just noticed that we are due to play 18 games away from home before the league splits in April?

It's normally customary for each team to play 19 fixtures both home and away to make up the 38 game season so does that mean we'll have 4 matches at home after the split or are we ear-marked to get shafted with facing 20 away games this season to only 18 at home?

The SPL is a farce and radical change is needed to revamp the current structure. IMO a minimum of 16 teams is needed (preferably 18) playing each team twice.

The monotony of over-playing teams with the possibility of meeting an opponent 7 times in one season (including cup ties & replays) is pretty pathetic really.
:rolleyes:

Westie1875
23-10-2010, 09:13 AM
I've just noticed that we are due to play 18 games away from home before the league splits in April?

It's normally customary for each team to play 19 fixtures both home and away to make up the 38 game season so does that mean we'll have 4 matches at home after the split or are we ear-marked to get shafted with facing 20 away games this season to only 18 at home?

The SPL is a farce and radical change is needed to revamp the current structure. IMO a minimum of 16 teams is needed (preferably 18) playing each team twice.

The monotony of over-playing teams with the possibility of meeting an opponent 7 times in one season (including cup ties & replays) is pretty pathetic really.

I count 17 away before the split

Bobo
23-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I count 17 away before the split

Too early in the morning for me ... I've counted the Killie cup tie as well :embarrass

Still right about the league structure being crap though :greengrin

Golden Bear
23-10-2010, 09:31 AM

:agree:

But unfortunately the financial advantages of having a fourteen team league will supercede the common sense football arguements for a sixteen team league.