PDA

View Full Version : Old Firm

Alex Trager
22-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Don't you just love the build up, and the game -although most times its a pash game- They're going through what we feel but the thing is we don't get hurt by it..Excellent feeling getting excited about a derby and knowing we wont get effected...

That's my thoughts anyway
Your's?

KeithTheHibby
22-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Don't you just love the build up, and the game -although most times its a pash game- They're going through what we feel but the thing is we don't get hurt by it..Excellent feeling getting excited about a derby and knowing we wont get effected...

Your's?

Couldn't give a flying about either of them. I may watch the game if I am doing nothing else and hope that there is a few sendings off and loads of controversy with dodgy decisions.

Did you see the Scottish news at 6pm? The coverage was rediculous, the other SPL games got a token mention.

Alex Trager
22-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Couldn't give a flying about either of them. I may watch the game if I am doing nothing else and hope that there is a few sendings off and loads of controversy with dodgy decisions.

Did you see the Scottish news at 6pm? The coverage was rediculous, the other SPL games got a token mention.
Your point about all the controversy etc is what i mean... i dont care for either side but its good to watch the other fiery game in scotland and come out untouched. Still hate both them

Sylar
22-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Was going to start a separate thread, but it's just not worth it:

Anyway, thought we weren't allowed to make comment on referees these days? Neil Lennon should be brought to task for this - he's putting a ridiculous amount of pressure on Willie Collum to make decisions in Smellicks favour. I particularly loved the following quote:

"I just hope he has a strong game.
"We felt aggrieved at some of the decisions that went against us last year so we hope that he has a good game and makes the right decisions."

The reason Celtic didn't win the OF games last year was due to refereeing decisions - as I recall, they were just a slighter darker shade of pish than Rangers :agree:

Anyway, all of this build up provokes one reaction from me - :yawn:

Matty_Jack04
22-10-2010, 07:05 PM
couldnt give a monkeys, want be watching or listening or taking in any highlights

im off to work on sunday thats how much i care

Barney McGrew
22-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Don't you just love the build up, and the game

If they were playing in my back garden, I'd shut the curtains.

They're a pair of horrible, bigoted, parasitic institutions that are nothing but a blight on Scottish football and Scottish society as a whole.

The only reason you get the poisonous 'atmosphere' at the game that OF fans are so keen to crow about (despite the fact that most of their 'fans' haven't seen the inside of a stadium for donkeys) is because they sing songs about religion or ages old battles in a different country. The myth that's it's some kind of marquee game for football is nothing but bollocks perpetuated by the sycophantic media up here.

Try telling A&E departments up and down the country on Sunday night that it's a great game.

Musselbound
22-10-2010, 07:26 PM
couldnt give a monkeys, want be watching or listening or taking in any highlights

im off to work on sunday thats how much i care

Pretty much how I am with it. Haven't watched an Old Firm match for years and tuning into see that live has about as much appeal for me as say, St Mirren v Hamilton Accies. The football on show is usually of about a similar standard as well.

erin go bragh
22-10-2010, 07:37 PM
tin hat on as i will be watching it and hope celtic beat them .

Alex Trager
22-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Look my point was not do you hate the old firm my point was do you enjoy the fact that there is huge emotions and bragging rights at stake, With the passion we'll see on the seventh, yet we're not affected but one of them -hopefully- will be

snooky
22-10-2010, 07:41 PM

Personally, I hope the both of them get humped.

Alex Trager
22-10-2010, 07:43 PM
This is what i was hoping for, i personally feel the build up is normally better than the game itself , But then comes the decision of who you want to win- some may let their coupon have a say in that, others may let who they like more- but when it boils down to it you don't want either to win, then when you have REAL fans as friends of either side, the one's who annoy you most means you want the other to win. The fact they come form here and support them whether they go or not is another matter.

Alex Trager
22-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Personally, I hope the both of them get humped.
Snap

Lofarl
22-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Id like to see a mass brawl break out between the players which results in UEFA banning them from Europe for 5 years.

The Mook
22-10-2010, 08:27 PM

i wouldnt go as far as sitting down to watch it but if forced to choose one of these cretins would prefer the Huns to beat the Hooped Rodents

Banff
22-10-2010, 08:30 PM

They're a pair of horrible, bigoted, parasitic institutions that are nothing but a blight on Scottish football and Scottish society as a whole.

The only reason you get the poisonous 'atmosphere' at the game that OF fans are so keen to crow about (despite the fact that most of their 'fans' haven't seen the inside of a stadium for donkeys) is because they sing songs about religion or ages old battles in a different country. The myth that's it's some kind of marquee game for football is nothing but bollocks perpetuated by the sycophantic media up here.

Try telling A&E departments up and down the country on Sunday night that it's a great game.

Is your TV outside?:greengrin

LaMotta
22-10-2010, 09:02 PM

Your's?

Used to love the old firm games when i was younger - some great games in the eighties, and early nineties but over the years excitement levels have diluted.

Alex Trager
22-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Used to love the old firm games when i was younger - some great games in the eighties, and early nineties but over the years excitement levels have diluted.
Well i'm still young

LaMotta
22-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Well i'm still young

Well I am not:greengrin

Maybe like Christmas and Star Wars i'm remembering things as being better then than they seem now!

Still worth watching though, i'll be hoping for multiple red cards, dodgy penalties, terrible refereeing decisions and players getting charged by the police.

NAE NOOKIE
22-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Look my point was not do you hate the old firm my point was do you enjoy the fact that there is huge emotions and bragging rights at stake, With the passion we'll see on the seventh, yet we're not affected but one of them -hopefully- will be

I get your point.

But the truth of the matter is that the so called unique atmosphere at this game is driven by bigotry and sectarian hatred which should have no part in modern football, or sport of any kind for that matter.

I for one couldnt give a FF which one of them wins or loses I just wish the masses of glory hunters who fill that stadium at the weekend who dont have a post code starting with 'G' get into supporting clubs for whome failure isnt ONLY winning the Scottish or League cup in a season.

shagpile
22-10-2010, 09:23 PM
I get your point.

But the truth of the matter is that the so called unique atmosphere at this game is driven by bigotry and sectarian hatred which should have no part in modern football, or sport of any kind for that matter.

I for one couldnt give a FF which one of them wins or loses I just wish the masses of glory hunters who fill that stadium at the weekend who dont have a post code starting with 'G' get into supporting clubs for whome failure isnt ONLY winning the Scottish or League cup in a season.

I'm sure James Beattie said recently that the atmosphere at the infirm derby is no better than the Sheffield or Liverpool derbies?

I'll bet he had to write one hundred lines 'i must not belittle the bigotfest' :greengrin

greenlex
22-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Anyone know the betting on a red card for either side? I reckon with the build up the !00% records and it being what it is there is a racing certainty one or both wont finish the game with the full compliment of players.:greengrin

New Corrie
22-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I quite enjoy the OF games, but they do sum up everything that is wrong with Scotland, all that insular, biggest game in the World bollocks. They would do well to remember that a Lincoln v Colchester Leyland DAF final draws a bigger crowd. But hey, Radio Scotland will be full of salivating failed thicko coaches who can't speak English pontificating about how big all this OF nonsense actually is! A celebration and gathering of all Scotland/Ireland's underclasses decending on a drink fuelled cauldron of inadequacy and hate. (Hopefully Cameron will finally put them where they belong).

When all is said and done, I will be wanting Rangers to win, as no matter how it's dressed up, it is still......Papes v Prods

Sorry, one last thing, give me Rangers and Celtic fans over Hearts fans any day!

ballengeich
22-10-2010, 09:32 PM
I hope all 22 players (and the substitutes) are sent off, that both managers are sent to the stand, and that the SPL awards a 1000 point penalty to both sides for being a disgrace to Scotland.

PS - and Chick Young announces his retirement from Radio Scotland

sahib
22-10-2010, 09:33 PM

Why don't we all just give up and pick a OF team to support. Scotland is a small place maybe a two team top flight is all we can really sustain if we want to compete on an international level.

allmodcons
22-10-2010, 09:35 PM
I quite enjoy the OF games, but they do sum up everything that is wrong with Scotland, all that insular, biggest game in the World bollocks. They would do well to remember that a Lincoln v Colchester Leyland DAF final draws a bigger crowd. But hey, Radio Scotland will be full of salivating failed thicko coaches who can't speak English pontificating about how big all this OF nonsense actually is! A celebration and gathering of all Scotland/Ireland's underclasses decending on a drink fuelled cauldron of inadequacy and hate. (Hopefully Cameron will finally put them where they belong).

When all is said and done, I will be wanting Rangers to win, as no matter how it's dressed up, it is still......Papes v Prods

Sorry, one last thing, give me Rangers and Celtic fans over Hearts fans any day!

wtf are you on??

New Corrie
22-10-2010, 09:45 PM
wtf are you on??

Sorry, what do you mean?

Alex Trager
22-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Why don't we all just give up and pick a OF team to support. Scotland is a small place maybe a two team top flight is all we can really sustain if we want to compete on an international level.
Na i'll stick to hibs....All i said is, it really is good to watch them going for it, like really going for it with each other, cos the only other scottish game we see like this is THE derby, and we can be hurt very very badly by this.

Also i get really annoyed with the people who have been brought up here and whatnot and go and pay to watch them... they only help them, people say when they say they support one of the OF and don't actually support them-like go and watch them- that this annoys them more, but TBH i suppose they could come and support a local team but at least they're not actually pumping money into the clubs. So i hate all old firm fans that are brought up and born in cities outside glasgow.

allmodcons
22-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Sorry, what do you mean?

By Cameron do you mean Eton boy David Cameron and, if so, exactly what is he going to sort out?

Secondly, why do you feel the need to highlight your prod credentials?

Alex Trager
22-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Really what i mean is, see when we're going to tynecastle and the bus turns into st andrews square i get to a point that i want to go back incase we get humilated, and just as much as when they come to ER, i Feel sick to the bottom of my stomach, i've never been more nervous before than before a derby, well imagine this but not only loosing pride -in this case it looks to be- most probably loosing the title. The fear on their faces, its so enjoyable as we know how it feels but we can relax and watch it in comfort:greengrin

Cabbage East
22-10-2010, 10:17 PM

Yep.

Mon the papes, into the prod filth.

New Corrie
22-10-2010, 10:18 PM
By Cameron do you mean Eton boy David Cameron and, if so, exactly what is he going to sort out?

Secondly, why do you feel the need to highlight your prod credentials?

Thanks for the clarification, yes I did mean "Eton Boy" Cameron and as for what he's going to sort out.....well I don't hold out much hope, but I was sort of hoping all the benefit cuts might have reigned in some OF fans and stopped all the wanton violence and drunkeness that seems to go hand in hand with these fixtures.

As for prod credentials, well I don't go to the Kirk, but I support the right fitters against the left fitters in the OF world, although in reality I couldn't give a.......

Still hate Hearts more than either of them though!!!!

What are you on?

New Corrie
22-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Yep.

Mon the papes, into the prod filth.

That's the spirit, Hibs fans aren't Bigots apparently. It's an OF disease:confused:

Cabbage East
22-10-2010, 10:26 PM
That's the spirit, Hibs fans aren't Bigots apparently. It's an OF disease:confused:

Says the guy talking about left footers and papes :rolleyes:

New Corrie
22-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Says the guy talking about left footers and papes :rolleyes:

There's a slight difference, I admit i'm a bigot, what's your excuse, with all your "prod filth" stuff?

Cabbage East
22-10-2010, 10:38 PM
There's a slight difference, I admit i'm a bigot, what's your excuse, with all your "prod filth" stuff?

Glad you admit it.

I'm not a bigot, i was just playing devils advocate to your brutal chat.

I'm glad you've outed yourself though, that won't be forgotten.

I'm nowhere near being a bigot, I've never said anything bigotted on here, ever.

You are though. You hun mutant.

sambajustice
22-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Brilliant!

New Corrie
22-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Glad you admit it.

I'm not a bigot, i was just playing devils advocate to your brutal chat.

I'm glad you've outed yourself though, that won't be forgotten.

I'm nowhere near being a bigot, I've never said anything bigotted on here, ever.

You are though. You hun mutant.

You're a superstar, hun mutant, prod filth.....quality stuff.

El Gubbz
22-10-2010, 10:55 PM
I think the most entertaining thing that could possibly happen in this game is the collapse of celtic park

Sylar
23-10-2010, 07:52 AM
I think the most entertaining thing that could possibly happen in this game is the collapse of celtic park

Aye, it would be hilarious right enough - right up there with the other comedic hits, such as Heysel, Ibrox (1902), Ibrox (1971), Hillsborough...

stokesmessiah
23-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Was going to start a separate thread, but it's just not worth it:

Anyway, thought we weren't allowed to make comment on referees these days? Neil Lennon should be brought to task for this - he's putting a ridiculous amount of pressure on Willie Collum to make decisions in Smellicks favour. I particularly loved the following quote:

The reason Celtic didn't win the OF games last year was due to refereeing decisions - as I recall, they were just a slighter darker shade of pish than Rangers :agree:

Anyway, all of this build up provokes one reaction from me - :yawn:

I noticed that quote too. Lennon is honking!

Hibs90
23-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Personally couldn't give a flying one but might watch for comedy reasons. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
23-10-2010, 09:07 AM

Duncan, that's exactly the sort of insular, hate filled, tribal and bigoted remark, (and conclusion) that a) you criticise in your post and b) that we're trying to get away from.

You prefer Protestants to Catholics. Jeez.

Sometimes i can understand your attempts to even things out when you think folk on here tend to side with Celtic rather than Rangers, but that's uncalled for and actually quite insulting.

The fact is, that when it comes to matters of religion and bigotry, you're the only poster who is consistently involved in the debates and your position is entrenched.

That speaks volumes.

Happy to discuss.

Edit: I posted the above before reading your admission of bigotry. I now realise that my words will have no resonance.

Hibee Daz
23-10-2010, 09:34 AM

:soapbox::top marks

magnificent_seven
23-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Been offered a free ticket for Sunday so not going to turn that down. I love the Old Firm build ups and the atmosphere really is amazing. Would still say the Edinburgh derby atmosphere is better as I have more emotional ties to it but the Old Firm derby really is something.

matty_f
23-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Well, this thread had turned out well, and shows us hibs fans in a good light. deary me. :bitchy:

nonshinyfinish
23-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Well, this thread had turned out well, and shows us hibs fans in a good light. deary me. :bitchy:

Brilliant, eh? :rolleyes:

Hainan Hibs
23-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I usually want Rangers to win, just to stick it right up the bigots in the Hibs support who give it the "I want Celtic to win because.....eh.....erm.....eh.....erm....they aren't as bad as Rangers" which if they had any balls would actually come out as "i will be getting right behind Celtic because I prefer their version of sectarianism".

Since90+2
23-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Some posts (and posters) on this thread are at the same level as the Old Firm.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-10-2010, 10:34 AM
I usually want Rangers to win, just to stick it right up the bigots in the Hibs support who give it the "I want Celtic to win because.....eh.....erm.....eh.....erm....they aren't as bad as Rangers" which if they had any balls would actually come out as "i will be getting right behind Celtic because I prefer their version of sectarianism".Me too!

Killiehibbie
23-10-2010, 11:22 AM
If i've got a bet on it I want the result that wins money.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-10-2010, 11:25 AM
That too!

joe breezy
23-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Goodness gracious, there's loads of other games to take an interest in nowadays, I'd rather watch Ajax v Feyenoord (Ajax v anyone). I will watch the game as one of my friends at work supports Celtic and we'll talk about the football on Monday BUT I can't root for either of those teams - there's only ONE team in Glasgow, the Harry Wraggs

1two
23-10-2010, 11:54 AM
There was a thread on kickback a few days ago about a racist in there support at there Aberdeen game last week. A few on there supported the racist for several reasons and were quite rightly shot down by the other posters as racists themselves.

Is there really any difference between the racists to that level on that thread and the bigots to the same level on this thread.

Black White
Catholic Protestant
There's no difference really, your all ****my *******s!

Except hating Catholics/Protestants is tolerated in this country for some reason. We need to drag ourselves out of the 1800's and grow up!

matty_f
23-10-2010, 03:26 PM
There was a thread on kickback a few days ago about a racist in there support at there Aberdeen game last week. A few on there supported the racist for several reasons and were quite rightly shot down by the other posters as racists themselves.

Is there really any difference between the racists to that level on that thread and the bigots to the same level on this thread.

Black White
Catholic Protestant
There's no difference really, your all ****my *******s!

Except hating Catholics/Protestants is tolerated in this country for some reason. We need to drag ourselves out of the 1800's and grow up!

:top marks There's no place for that nonsense in society in general, never mind here on hibs.net.

I had considered deleting posts, but thought it better that the bigotry pish got shot down by people.

The_Todd
23-10-2010, 03:29 PM

Your's?

I don't care either way. I probably won't watch it, nor would I even bother to check the scores. The Old Firm operate in their own mini-league and Old Firm derby results have exactly zero impact on the rest of the SPL.

The_Todd
23-10-2010, 03:31 PM
I usually want Rangers to win, just to stick it right up the bigots in the Hibs support who give it the "I want Celtic to win because.....eh.....erm.....eh.....erm....they aren't as bad as Rangers" which if they had any balls would actually come out as "i will be getting right behind Celtic because I prefer their version of sectarianism".

Can't we just hate both of them and hope for a dire 0-0 with red cards and injuries galore?

essexhibee
23-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Actually quite like watching a big derby like that and be unaffected by it. Would rather a celtic win as i honestly despise those hun *******s.

I hope smeltic smash the p r i c k s .

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Oh dear! Get rid of this thread chaps, its doing us no favours!

skipster7
23-10-2010, 09:04 PM
chick young on the radio today saying he hopes the fans and players behave themselves as platini will be at his first sectarian bigot fest.its ok to subject us to their bile for the rest of the time ! hun fud:grr:

hiberactive
23-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Worst thread i have ever read.OP should be banned-total fud-who gives a **** about the old firm.

Banff
23-10-2010, 09:08 PM

You are a disgrace to the name Hibernian and our founders. Away to hunbrox with the rest of those ****bags.

Hiber-nation
23-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Always watch them, don't really care who wins, although would favour celtc if pushed I suppose. Just want to see some excitement, hopefully a few red cards and some controversy.

Lofarl
23-10-2010, 09:12 PM
To the hibees who admit to their bigotry or side with either of the old firm because of the backward sectarianism. P155 off.

You are rantic fans who cant afford the busfare. I'd rather do a lap of honor at the PBS than cheer any of the ugly sisters. I *** hate them with a passion. I dispise the OF and the backward mutant fans that accompany them, and that now includes a few so called hibs fans too.

GTF out of ER.