PDA

View Full Version : Shares in Hibs

Dr Jimmy
22-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Can someone advise me on shares in Hibs, please?
Many years ago (circa 15 years) I was given shares in Hibs as a present. I have never sold them, but don't know if they are now redundant or not. I receive no communication from the club about them, although may have done in the past, not sure and I lived abroad for a few years.
Therefore are these shares still valid or were they replaced by other shares etc? By the way I am no shares expert, as you can see!
The certificate and all the blurb is held by my ex wife's dad and I would doubt I could get my hands on them, but I wouldn't mind knowing if they are still valid or just a memory on a piece of paper.

tanfield
22-10-2010, 02:27 PM
They're still valid as far as I'm aware although I think you have to go through the club if you want to buy / sell. Perhaps someone else more knowledgeable can clarify:agree:

Mikey
22-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Should still be valid. If you moved and didn't tell them they won't know where you stay :wink:

Bostonhibby
22-10-2010, 02:32 PM
email Pete Jensen at the club who has a list of potential buyers, but to sell you will probably need the certificates.

Golden Bear
22-10-2010, 03:03 PM
They've no "market value" as such but you can still buy & sell via the Club. I think the going rate is 50p per share.

Golden Bear
22-10-2010, 03:07 PM
email Pete Jensen at the club who has a list of potential buyers, but to sell you will probably need the certificates.

A better option would be to write to the Club.

From personal experience, responding to e mails on the subject of shares is not one of their strong points.

Dr Jimmy
22-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the help folks. I think I will send the club a letter and see where that gets me.

Mikey.......cheers for that, it may me both laugh and feel a tw@t......:greengrin

whiskyhibby
22-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Having bought shares within the last year I can confirm that Pete Jensen in accounts is who you need to talk to and that 50p per share is the going price

Dr Jimmy
22-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Cheers, I will contact him, but I have no intention of selling. Just want to find out what happened to them.

hibsforeurope
25-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Does any one know if there is a minimum purchase when buying shares?

Mikey
25-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Cheers, I will contact him, but I have no intention of selling. Just want to find out what happened to them.

If you get onto them sharpish you should get it sorted in time to attend the Shareholder's Review on Monday 1st November.

There is, but I can't remember what it is. Is that helpful? :greengrin

It may be £50 but I'm not certain.

NYHibby
25-10-2010, 07:31 PM

Its 100 shares, which is £50