PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood's first big task?

Purehibee_MYB
22-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Fair to say that the first big task off the park is at least tying a few of the players going out of contract down for a while... Deeks?

If we don't tie some of them down on a contract then we lose the chance of gaining a bit of revenue from them.

But I for one definitely want Deeks at Easter Road for the rest of his career, not sure many would disagree

Franck is God
22-10-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm sorry but his first big task is to stop us conceding silly goals and winning games regularly.

If the current players in the squad are able to follow his instructions and manage this then they will play themselves into a new contract. Over the last six months I haven't seen many signs that they are too deserving of new deals.

Purehibee_MYB
22-10-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm sorry but his first big task is to stop us conceding silly goals and winning games regularly.

If the current players in the squad are able to follow his instructions and manage this then they will play themselves into a new contract. Over the last six months I haven't seen many signs that they are too deserving of new deals.

I did say that the contracts were his biggest task off the park... I agree that there is much to be done on the park including the conceding of stupid goals, but I do think we need to secure the future of 3 maybe 4 players out of the 15 going out of contract.

stubru59
22-10-2010, 10:58 AM
I did say that the contracts were his biggest task off the park... I agree that there is much to be done on the park including the conceding of stupid goals, but I do think we need to secure the future of 3 maybe 4 players out of the 15 going out of contract.

Can't really think of 3 or 4 players we need to secure. Are they the ones that have playing out their skins while all the rest have been shirking?

KeithTheHibby
22-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Anyone else a bit concerned about the amount of players out of contract at the end of the season?

With the exception of Stokes this is the same squad that dragged itself over the line to finish 4th and should therefore be good enough to emulate that this season.

It is very easy to say 'he's pish, empty him etc etc' however the majority of these players are first team regulars and IMHO are going to be hard to replace.

I can't think in my time of being a Hibby seeing so many players out of contract at the same time.

Hopefully the club are talking to guys like Bamba, Miller, McBride and Deeks as we should be building our team around them.

shagpile
22-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Fair to say that the first big task off the park is at least tying a few of the players going out of contract down for a while... Deeks?

If we don't tie some of them down on a contract then we lose the chance of gaining a bit of revenue from them.

But I for one definitely want Deeks at Easter Road for the rest of his career, not sure many would disagree

I do not necessarily disagree but, if losing him meant we become a better TEAM then i wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

Purehibee_MYB
22-10-2010, 11:14 AM
I do not necessarily disagree but, if losing him meant we become a better TEAM then i wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

In my opinion I don't think deeks has this ego character that comes across sometimes... I think he is a team player

Franck is God
22-10-2010, 02:37 PM

The only reason to have players on long contracts is to secure a decent transfer fee should another club be interested.

The players that have a tranfer value do have long deals and the ones that don't will struggle to find a better deal than Hibs have to offer and if they do then good luck to them.

erin-go-bragh87
22-10-2010, 02:43 PM

I cant see how losing our best player (By a mile) would make us a better team. Every team needs a player like Deek who can change a game at any moment. Get him signed up!!!

erin-go-bragh87
22-10-2010, 02:46 PM
In my opinion I don't think deeks has this ego character that comes across sometimes... I think he is a team player
:agree:
Its easy for us to say that he a moaner and not a team player but he obviously cares. I think he gets frustrated because he think 2 passes ahead of the majority of the team and when things dont come off, us supporters get annoyed, why shouldnt he.

shagpile
22-10-2010, 05:46 PM

I'm not saying he has any kind of egotistical hang up,& in no way do i think he is not a team player, i said if it was to make us a better team then i wouldn't have a problem with him going.

I cant see how losing our best player (By a mile) would make us a better team. Every team needs a player like Deek who can change a game at any moment. Get him signed up!!!

Simply because he is our best player---in your opinion----does not necessarily mean he will fit in with how Calderwood wants Hibs to play.