PDA

View Full Version : Yams On the move from Tynie

PaulSmith
22-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Has anyone else heard that Hearts are 'very keen' to become part of David Murrays redevelopment of land at the other side of Edinburgh Park.
The vision is for an Edinburgh's Garden District and there is design for a 25k stadium within the sports district.

At this stage I'd probably park it with the Trams, Sighthill Stadium, the indoor football barn at Jack Kane and all those other fancy drawings that the Evening News run with but the Hearts are keen.

www.edinburghsgardendistrict.co.uk

oregonhibby
22-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Pipe dream

Hibbyradge
22-10-2010, 07:58 AM
At first glance, it would seem to be an ideal solution to their financial woes.

They could settle (some of) their debt by selling Tiny and moving to the outskirts in the West of Edinburgh.

I'm sure that renting a stadium every second Saturday or so, will cost a lot less than they're paying in interest. Then again, I don't know how much that costs.

The only downsides I can see are that there are no pubs in the area, and it would pretty much mess up their anthem. :wink:

StevieC
22-10-2010, 07:59 AM
The stadium idea will be nothing more than a ploy to try and break into the green belt. What better way to tilt the decisions of a few maroon orientated councilors than the promise of a shiny new stadium.

:rolleyes:

PaulSmith
22-10-2010, 08:06 AM

They could settle (some of) their debt by selling Tiny and moving to the outskirts in the West of Edinburgh.

I'm sure that renting a stadium every second Saturday or so, will cost a lot less than they're paying in interest. Then again, I don't know how much that costs.

The only downsides I can see are that there are no pubs in the area, and it would pretty much mess up their anthem. :wink:

Walking distance from the artful dodger and crofters! :)

Two other points about debt and Stevie C's council one, yip that's how I see it and Vlad and Cardownie will be all over this like a rash

Hibbyradge
22-10-2010, 08:13 AM
The stadium idea will be nothing more than a ploy to try and break into the green belt. What better way to tilt the decisions of a few maroon orientated councilors than the promise of a shiny new stadium.

I can feel a Save the Green Belt campaign coming on. :agree:

H18sry
22-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Walking distance from the artful dodger and crofters! :)Two other points about debt and Stevie C's council one, yip that's how I see it and Vlad and Cardownie will be all over this like a rash

Where exactly is this stadium being built? :confused:

emmjayfox
22-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Absolutely no way the council will let them build a 400,000 all seated stadium on green belt.

PaulSmith
22-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Where exactly is this stadium being built? :confused:

The other side of road of Edinburgh Park, the land on the left if heading towards the airport from Calder Road onto the by-pass.

Probably a 10 min walk from the pubs if you could through Sighthill Ind Estate past Hermiston Gait/Edin Park train station and your there. Tram link would also provide a 5 min journey from their existing hovel.

Gatecrasher
22-10-2010, 08:25 AM
The other side of road of Edinburgh Park, the land on the left if heading towards the airport from Calder Road onto the by-pass.

Next to RBS?

PaulSmith
22-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Next to RBS?

http://www.edinburghsgardendistrict.co.uk/map.html

GloryGlory
22-10-2010, 08:32 AM

They could call it New Tynecastle Stadium. :greengrin

Gatecrasher
22-10-2010, 08:33 AM
http://www.edinburghsgardendistrict.co.uk/map.html

Cheers,

I dont really fancy passing a the yam swamp on my way to work everyday :jamboak:

Golden Bear
22-10-2010, 08:40 AM
I thought that it was pre-requisite of the SPL that all member clubs must OWN their stadiums? Or am I talking rubbish?

:confused:

However I dare say that wouldn't prevent them from forming a ground sharing arrangement with Edinburgh Rugby which would be a more feasible option for them. David Murray seems very keen on rugby these days so I'm sure he'll be involved somewhere along the way.

Sir David Gray
22-10-2010, 08:42 AM

They could but what would they do about the "Away up in Gorgie..." part of their song? :wink:

Hibbyradge
22-10-2010, 08:52 AM

It wouldn't be their's to name.

The Murray Stadium, more likely.

Gatecrasher
22-10-2010, 08:55 AM
They could but what would they do about the "Away up in Gorgie..." part of their song? :wink:

"Away out in the middle of nowhere beside junction 1 of the M8 "

That will do it

H18sry
22-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Seems a very feasible idea to me :tin hat:, Murray and Romanov must be working hand in hand with this idea. maybe even as far as Murray will sell der huns and take over the yams, Not so mad Vlad gets Tiny and the yam fuds relocate to the garden with Murray as the new owner, or have I gone too far. :cool2:

Sir David Gray
22-10-2010, 09:02 AM
"Away out in the middle of nowhere beside junction 1 of the M8 "

That will do it

I think that has a bit of a ring to it, I can see it catching on. :greengrin

Golden Bear
22-10-2010, 09:07 AM
I thought that it was pre-requisite of the SPL that all member clubs must OWN their stadiums? Or am I talking rubbish?

However I dare say that wouldn't prevent them from forming a ground sharing arrangement with Edinburgh Rugby which would be a more feasible option for them. David Murray seems very keen on rugby these days so I'm sure he'll be involved somewhere along the way.

From the SPL website:-

"a Club participating in the League must either own its Registered Ground, whether by itself or through a holding or subsidiary company, or have such rights of occupation or tenure in its Registered Ground as may be approved by the Board;"

:grr::greengrin

H18sry
22-10-2010, 09:10 AM
From the SPL website:-

"a Club participating in the League must either own its Registered Ground, whether by itself or through a holding or subsidiary company, or have such rights of occupation or tenure in its Registered Ground as may be approved by the Board;"

:grr::greengrin

But if Murray takes over the Yams..................................:bitchy:

Phil D. Rolls
22-10-2010, 09:15 AM

Murray and his pals trot this one out every 10 years or so. It could be with the Yams more or less given up any hope of staying at the PBS, that there is a swell of public opinion behind it this time.

What is a "garden district" anyway, surely a green belt is a much more pleasant cordon for a city?

Phil D. Rolls
22-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Seems a very feasible idea to me :tin hat:, Murray and Romanov must be working hand in hand with this idea. maybe even as far as Murray will sell der huns and take over the yams, Not so mad Vlad gets Tiny and the yam fuds relocate to the garden with Murray as the new owner, or have I gone too far. :cool2:

Makes perfect sense to me.

Mon_the_cabbage
22-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Cheers,

I dont really fancy passing a the yam swamp on my way to work everyday :jamboak:

It's alright for you, I'm sitting at my desk at work and looking out the window at that exact spot :eek:

Gatecrasher
22-10-2010, 10:39 AM
It's alright for you, I'm sitting at my desk at work and looking out the window at that exact spot :eek:
Nae luck :devil:

Hibs7
22-10-2010, 10:42 AM
I think they should go further west like another 40 miles as they are only Huns without a bus fare anyway !!:wink:

Hal Jordan
22-10-2010, 11:02 AM
I imagine they'll go for

"Away up in Gogar"

:taxi

Sprouleflyer
22-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Pipe dream

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101022/j-league-visitors_2241384_2192736

Read half way down, may be a connection???????

JeMeSouviens
22-10-2010, 11:10 AM
What is a "garden district" anyway?

Looks like it's what you call a massive new housing estate if you're trying to build on the green belt. :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
22-10-2010, 11:25 AM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101022/j-league-visitors_2241384_2192736

Read half way down, may be a connection???????

From that article;

The delegation are keen to learn more about Scottish football and the operations of a successful professional team in this country.

:faf: :faf: :faf:

hibhib7
22-10-2010, 11:30 AM

Probably a 10 min walk from the pubs if you could through Sighthill Ind Estate past Hermiston Gait/Edin Park train station and your there. Tram link would also provide a 5 min journey from their existing hovel.A ten minute walk? What pubs would that be from?

One Day Soon
22-10-2010, 11:43 AM
I think the last time Murray tried to get this bit of land developed via the pages of the Evening News it was going to be as a Scottish film studio and came with the imprimatur of Sir Sean saying what a terribly good idea it was IIRC.

The problem is that it is Green Belt. Why would that get planning permission when there are a number of other development sites available within the city for anything that it might be sensible to develop? This is going nowhere, particularly since the new Council Chief Executive is a) female and b) not an Edinburgh establishment Hearts fan.

The days of the Rover driving, yellow cardigan wearers being able to rely on their chums for assitance are long, long gone. Particularly since a significant part of that establishment assistance came from the financial services sector which is, how shall we put it, not in a good place.

Now then, the most important thing for us is to work out which song we might want to sing to our Yammish friends should such a move actually occur. I'm going for Paul Simon's 'Homeless', the first verse of which is:

"Homeless, homeless
Moonlight sleeping on a midnight lake
Homeless, homeless
Moonlight sleeping on a midnight lake
We are homeless, we are homeless
The moonlight sleeping on a midnight lake
And we are homeless, homeless, homeless
The moonlight sleeping on a midnight lake"

matty_f
22-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Considering the main selling point for vlad was that they'd stay at the asbestos arena, I'd pish myself laughing of they'd taken the shafting off him for this long only to move anyway. Yams, a total shower of fannies.

scoopyboy
22-10-2010, 12:02 PM

Simply substitute "Nowhere near Gorgie".

Danderhall Hibs
22-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Considering the main selling point for vlad was that they'd stay at the asbestos arena, I'd posh myself laughing of they'd taken the shafting off him for this long only to move anyway. Yams, a total shower of fannies.

:agree: They didn't want to have no debt if if meant they had no assets either - this doesn't seem to be any different to that?

Cue the protest marches etc. And the tanning of Ukio Bankas windows and that. I'd also expect physical attacks on Mr Romanov to be executed in as discipined a manner as they were on the Pieman.

MB62
22-10-2010, 12:34 PM
What is a "garden district" anyway?

It's where people like Tony Mowbray go on leave :duck: :tin hat:

Zondervan
22-10-2010, 01:01 PM
If you look at the plans on this map, the stadium is half way to Bathgate (the roundabout at the top-middle being where the M8 meets the city bypass):

http://www.edinburghsgardendistrict.co.uk/master_view.html

And the delusional transport plans will be well suited to the Hearts fans:

http://www.edinburghsgardendistrict.co.uk/transport_view.html

Trams - haha!

No danger Hearts will move out there.......

bawheid
22-10-2010, 01:06 PM
:agree: They didn't want to have no debt if if meant they had no assets either - this doesn't seem to be any different to that?

Cue the protest marches etc. And the tanning of Ukio Bankas windows and that. I'd also expect physical attacks on Mr Romanov to be executed in as discipined a manner as they were on the Pieman.

They could always start up their protest camp outside the PBS again?

I recall it got a bit chilly and the tents were taken down after one night. :greengrin

dangermouse
22-10-2010, 01:16 PM
If you look at the plans on this map, the stadium is half way to Bathgate (the roundabout at the top-middle being where the M8 meets the city bypass):

http://www.edinburghsgardendistrict.co.uk/master_view.html

And the delusional transport plans will be well suited to the Hearts fans:

http://www.edinburghsgardendistrict.co.uk/transport_view.html

Trams - haha!

No danger Hearts will move out there.......

WTF is the Edinburgh Orbital Bus Route?

What about Murray's plans to rebuild Ratho?

TrinityHibs
22-10-2010, 01:23 PM
This is the same piece of land that Murray was hawking around when Waldo was looking to move away from Gorgie. It was Green Belt then and is Green Belt now. The only way this can happen is the Green Belt boundary is changed and that is no easy thing.

If you look at the bit on the Charette it tells us that Andres Duany will be heading up the team to let the commuity contribute to the process. This boy is a real favourite of Jim Mackinnon who is Head Planner in the Scottish Executive. So much so that the Govenment paid £225,000 for three Charettes which was matched by Local Councils. The bold Andres pocketed £450,000 for telling the good people of Dumfries, Lochgelly and somewhere up North that their towns were in bits. Fife Council claimed that Lochgelly was a huge success highlighting the numbers attended as being hugely important. The numbers would have halved if you discounted Council employees attending. The locals referred to it as the Lochgelly Charade. Wonder how much Wee Davie is paying him? At a time when he is "up to his knees in banking debt":singing: (not literally) it does seem odd that he is putting cash into a highly questionable project. It must have something to do with the options he has with the farmers. Mind you he did it with the huns so who knows?

Personally I think it would be a very positive step to move the inbreds out of the city just a shame it will not happen. We will just have to rely on spiralling banking debt and Vlads unique management style to achieve that.

Phil MaGlass
22-10-2010, 01:59 PM
So, IF, they moved out there we would officially be Edinburghs big team as hertz would only qualify as Edinburghs Fringe Team?

Bostonhibby
22-10-2010, 02:17 PM
So, IF, they moved out there we would officially be Edinburghs big team as hertz would only qualify as Edinburghs Fringe Team?

:greengrin "Pride of Bathgate" (nearly) Just trips of the tongue and think of all those new merchandising opportunities.

Green_one
22-10-2010, 02:44 PM
This is a variation of an old story.:yawn:

Or perhaps Vlad is inducing the Yams to move out of Tynie and suddenly the new stadium hits a snag (sounds familiar).

I am sure the Jambos will be creaming themselves for months over this, only to forget and eat the next daft idea.

I just hope that when they do move its outside the city bondaries and we are the only club in Edinburgh and Leith:greengrin

LeithBoozy
22-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Send them to the other side of Harthill, it has a nice yam ring to it. And we can give them a nice wave on the bus when we pass. :bye:

Bishop Hibee
22-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Interesting. I'm sure most Jambos and Vlad would jump at the chance.

I think we all know where the City of Edinburgh Council stands given the Lochend Butterfly scandal, the issuing of a safety certificate for the Gorgie Road end for years etc.

Fortunately given objections and putting funding in place this project is years away even if approved. Would Hearts be able to hang on long enough to play at the stadium given UEFA rules on balancing the books which will surely be brought in soon by the SPL?

Toaods
22-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Hearts, hearts glorious hearts.
They're out at the new park and ride
Inbreeds and Bams
Incomplete like the trams
With new players washing in on the tide.

C.Toaodstunes.

One Day Soon
22-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Hearts, hearts glorious hearts.
They're out at the new park and ride
Inbreeds and Bams
Incomplete like the trams
With new players washing in on the tide.

C.Toaodstunes.

H
ey, that's not bad.

heidtheba
22-10-2010, 05:57 PM
It also kinda ruins that sectarian song which none of them sing.
ever.

"hullo hullo we were the gorgie boys"

or maybe it could be

"goodbye goodbye we were the gorgie boys"

Springbank
22-10-2010, 06:35 PM
This is the same piece of land that Murray was hawking around when Waldo was looking to move away from Gorgie. It was Green Belt then and is Green Belt now. The only way this can happen is the Green Belt boundary is changed and that is no easy thing.

If you look at the bit on the Charette it tells us that Andres Duany will be heading up the team to let the commuity contribute to the process. This boy is a real favourite of Jim Mackinnon who is Head Planner in the Scottish Executive. So much so that the Govenment paid £225,000 for three Charettes which was matched by Local Councils. The bold Andres pocketed £450,000 for telling the good people of Dumfries, Lochgelly and somewhere up North that their towns were in bits. Fife Council claimed that Lochgelly was a huge success highlighting the numbers attended as being hugely important. The numbers would have halved if you discounted Council employees attending. The locals referred to it as the Lochgelly Charade. Wonder how much Wee Davie is paying him? At a time when he is "up to his knees in banking debt":singing: (not literally) it does seem odd that he is putting cash into a highly questionable project. It must have something to do with the options he has with the farmers. Mind you he did it with the huns so who knows?

Personally I think it would be a very positive step to move the inbreds out of the city just a shame it will not happen. We will just have to rely on spiralling banking debt and Vlads unique management style to achieve that.

The 26 acres are owned by the Council :wink:

Springbank
22-10-2010, 06:38 PM

haha too true - however with their debt at £40m (sergey, is that about right?) they could likely be moving having sold the family silver, renting by a motorway junction, with still at least £20m debt. Land in Gorgie is not that hard to come by at present = not that difficult to walk away from an overpriced piece of real estate til the current owners drop to a realistic market price...poor wee things, eh. What a lot of bad luck, all converging at once :greengrin

Barney McGrew
22-10-2010, 07:12 PM
haha too true - however with their debt at £40m (sergey, is that about right?) they could likely be moving having sold the family silver, renting by a motorway junction, with still at least £20m debt. Land in Gorgie is not that hard to come by at present = not that difficult to walk away from an overpriced piece of real estate til the current owners drop to a realistic market price...poor wee things, eh. What a lot of bad luck, all converging at once :greengrin

Did their last set of accounts not say they've already passed the bus shelter deeds on to UKIO or UBIG?

tamig
22-10-2010, 09:45 PM
From that article;

The delegation are keen to learn more about Scottish football and the operations of a successful professional team in this country.

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Indeed. Seems a bit strange that one.

tamig
22-10-2010, 09:53 PM
I think we all know where the City of Edinburgh Council stands given the Lochend Butterfly scandal, the issuing of a safety certificate for the Gorgie Road end for years etc.

Indeed. The reason I still don't go to that pish pot to this day.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-10-2010, 09:59 PM
What is a "garden district" anyway, surely a green belt is a much more pleasant cordon for a city?

Looks like it's what you call a massive new housing estate if you're trying to build on the green belt. :rolleyes:

:agree:
I got some propaganda for this through the door, interesting tactic; call it something inoffensive like 'garden district' (who could be opposed to something which sounds so pleasant?), introduce fancy words like charrette, hope people won't understand what is really at stake.

Pete
22-10-2010, 10:59 PM
The new stadium looks like it will be built right next to the Calders.

The whole development looks like a series of answers to questions that nobody has actually asked.

There's already a multi-use stadium in Edinburgh that's in a more convenient location so what's the point of building another one that the majority of the population will find quite difficult to get to?

I'm not having any of this and it just seems like it will be doing nothing other than lining this huns pockets and opening a can of worms regarding the green belt. If he really had concerns about the housing crisis in Edinburgh he should start by releasing his vast property portfolio and stop thinking about things like land and property as investments. He is part of the problem and for him to start suggesting solutions is hypocritical in the extrememe.

Get lost Hun. You nailed your colours to the mast so take your money and your brilliant ideas west. Take your residential status while you're at it.

PaulSmith
26-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Scotsman reporting this morning that Murray has indeed contacted Hearts and the Scottish exec/Edin council will push this through.

Council get their sports stadia, hearts come in as partners to give it the profile required, hearts sell Tynie and rent out stadia on match day with other sports using it during the week.

Keith_M
26-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Scotsman reporting this morning that Murray has indeed contacted Hearts and the Scottish exec/Edin council will push this through.

Council get their sports stadia, hearts come in as partners to give it the profile required, hearts sell Tynie and rent out stadia on match day with other sports using it during the week.

Cue the mass protests from Hearts fans opposed to ever playing anywhere else but Tynecastle.

Well, they did want rid of the previous regime for the same reason, didn't they

:dunno:

bawheid
26-10-2010, 07:47 AM
The 26 acres are owned by the Council :wink:

In the current climate, that changes everything...

Steve-O
26-10-2010, 07:57 AM
A 25,000 stadium that will hold 'prestigious events' - what events are these exactly?

Some of the stuff 'they' come up with in Edinburgh is just utter pish that will never happen...including the trams! :bye:

Caversham Green
26-10-2010, 09:41 AM

So, hard on the heels of the "good news" of the debt for equity swap comes the "bad news" that they might be selling Tynie after all. I'm always really amazed at how often good news and bad news coincide from the PBS.

It suggests they might be going for this though - and I think it might be a good move for them.

heretoday
26-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Edinburgh Park is deadsville. To Lets everywhere.

primrose123
26-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Non starter:

1. No interest from Hearts at all at this stage.

2. Rugby stadiums especially with a running track are not suitable for football, lack of atmosphere will make the place like a morgue.

3. Very very pesumptious of David Murray to assume interest from Hearts in order to sway the planners.

4. Edinburgh has fiercely protected its green belt for decades, lets not let a "community" stadium and the "Calyx project" get in the way here, this is a proposal for David Murray holdings to generate cash on green belt land, nothing more nothing less.

Peevemor
26-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Edinburgh Park is deadsville. To Lets everywhere.

Quite handy if you need to pss or shte though! :greengrin

GloryGlory
26-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Non starter:

2. Rugby stadiums especially with a running track are not suitable for football, lack of atmosphere will make the place like a morgue.

3. Very very pesumptious of David Murray to assume interest from Hearts in order to sway the planners.

4. Edinburgh has fiercely protected its green belt for decades, lets not let a "community" stadium and the "Calyx project" get in the way here, this is a proposal for David Murray holdings to generate cash on green belt land, nothing more nothing less.

Quite, if, a big IF, the Council were to set a precedent by giving permission for all this pie-in-the-sky, then the rest of the green belt will be under pressure from developers wanting to build. Very difficult to say "no" in those circumstances, because the developers will just appeal the decision further up the chain, using precedent as the grounds for appeal.

judas
26-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Absolutely no way the council will let them build a 400,000 all seated stadium on green belt.

You are clearly an idiot.

Hearts are proposing a 500,000.00 stadium capacity, with the possibility of expanding this by filling in the corners at a later date.

:wink:

matty_f
26-10-2010, 10:23 AM
I have to say this usa good thing.the further away the tramps are from easter road, the better.

Crazyhorse
26-10-2010, 10:53 AM
So, hard on the heels of the "good news" of the debt for equity swap comes the "bad news" that they might be selling Tynie after all. I'm always really amazed at how often good news and bad news coincide from the PBS.

It suggests they might be going for this though - and I think it might be a good move for them.

I would think its unlikely but who knows. Its probably the best escape route for them out of their financial problems so hopefully the whole thing will collapse...

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Dont give a toss where they play, but could someone do something with that ****in avatar please?

Barney McGrew
26-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Dont give a toss where they play, but could someone do something with that ****in avatar please?

What one are you talking about likesay? :greengrin

WindyMiller
26-10-2010, 11:13 AM
I have to say this usa good thing.the further away the tramps are from easter road, the better.

Posting from your mobile again Matty?
:cool2:

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Thank you. :top marks

matty_f
26-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Posting from your mobile again Matty?
:cool2:

aye! :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
26-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Non starter:

1. yes were not interested in hertz

2. Presumptious of you to think hertz play fitba at all.

3. I would have thought before he said anything that the two had somewhere along the line had words.

4. Now is a good time for him to bring it up now that budgets have been dramatically slashed, it may well succeed this time.
If I were a betting man and not a ****ging one I would put money on this getting through.

jgl07
26-10-2010, 11:41 AM

Yes you are talking rubbish.

Gatecrasher
26-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Non starter:

Whats the general feeling among the hearts support?

matty_f
26-10-2010, 11:50 AM

One of general numbness around the rectal area from years of bending over and taking it from vlad.

degenerated
26-10-2010, 11:53 AM
this is great news for them. :hilarious

if we are to assume that, as the homofc official site told them, they would eliminate 1/4 of their debt for a 10 million debt for equity swap then they are currently into vlad for 40 million and that they will have a debt of around 30 million going forward.

given that a second credit crunch has just hit the housing sector and the fact that housebuilders are sitting on their existing landbanks rather than investing in new ones then it would be safe to assume that the land on which the piggery stands is worth no more 10 million to a developer, even if they were lucky enought to find one willing to buy it. The supermarket idea is a non runner now as the type of supplier to suit the key demographic (Lidl, Poundstretcher, Farm Foods, Iceland) are unlikely to want to invest that sort of money when there is a Sainsburys right next door.

So it looks as though if this were to go ahead then the jamtards would be playing their football in a lovely new stadium in the shadow of the high flats at Calder in a rented stadium whilst still being in hawk to the tune of 20 odd million.

everyone a winner, eh.

Billy
26-10-2010, 11:53 AM
WTF is the Edinburgh Orbital Bus Route?

What about Murray's plans to rebuild Ratho?

There are new houses being built in Ratho at present. They are however on the opposite side of the canal, to the right as you go over the wee bridge at the Bridge Inn.

Next time I go visit my family there, I will have a look and see who is building them, I don't think Murray has anything to do with it though.

A quick search shows that CALA are the builder: http://www.cala.co.uk/homes/development/Ratho/Overview.aspx

Phil MaGlass
26-10-2010, 12:05 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Murray39s-vision-sees-Hearts-share.6598848.jp#5704216

they dont like it upem.
just cant help adding comments.

Mikey
26-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Non starter:

1. Yes there is.

2. Good.

3. He's not being presumptious. Like it or not, Hearts are involved.

4. The Green Belt has to go sometime. Retaining it is merely holding up the expansion of Edinburgh.

Selling Tynecastle won't raise anything like the required amount to clear the debt. It'll make a £12m - £15m hole in it at best.

And remember, this is real money Vlad will be getting in, not some paper shuffling exercise. It'll end up in his back pocket along with the Craig Gordon money.

Hearts will be out there for the start of the 2013/14 season at the latest.

:taxi for the Hearts fans :hilarious

heretoday
26-10-2010, 12:24 PM

One of general numbness around the rectal area from years of bending over and taking it from vlad.

That is the funniest post I have read in, well, ages. :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
26-10-2010, 12:28 PM
1. Yes there is.

2. Good.

4. The Green Belt has to go sometime. Retaining it is merely holding up the expansion of Edinburgh.

Selling Tynecastle won't raise anything like the required amount to clear the debt. It'll make a £12m - £15m hole in it at best.

And remember, this is real money Vlad will be getting in, not some paper shuffling exercise. It'll end up in his back pocket along with the Craig Gordon money.

You paint a lovely picture, I am so hoping this comes true.:greengrin

degenerated
26-10-2010, 12:29 PM
1. Yes there is.

2. Good.

that's a bit optomistic, current market 8 - 10 million would be about right :agree:

Caversham Green
26-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Non starter:

Not exactly "no interest".

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101026/statement-on-new-stadium-_2241384_2197210

Peevemor
26-10-2010, 01:38 PM

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101026/statement-on-new-stadium-_2241384_2197210

"The challenges faced by Hearts in redeveloping Tynecastle are principally external - both health and safety and political.

Not financial then? It's obviously everybody elses fault. :cool2:

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-10-2010, 01:41 PM

I started feeling physically sick reading that so didn't read it all, WTF have they spent £1.000.000 on? a poxy wee ramshackle ground that looks like LRT built around a condemned wooden hut..

You couldn't make it up!

Peevemor
26-10-2010, 01:43 PM
I started feeling physically sick reading that so didn't read it all, WTF have they spent £1.000.000 on? a poxy wee ramshackle ground that looks like LRT built around a condemned wooden hut..

You couldn't make it up!

The Architects should have been paid a fair whack by now - normally 35% of the total fee is due on submission of the Planning application, whether consent is granted or not.

ScottB
26-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Well if the mad one is ever going to do a runner on them, this is the situation!

Vlad gets the Yams whipped up about moving to Murrayland (even though they'd have hung, drawn and quartered the Pieman for such heresy).

Vlad sells Tynecastle for a tidy, albeit less than he would have hoped sum asap. Vacating the stadium delayed till whenever Murray Stadium is due to be finished, say 2013, but land is sold, money has changed hands, job done.

Then one or all of a few options...

Vlad vanishes straight away / Murrayland falls through so Vlad vanishes / Hearts move there, Vlad blames Murray / Council / Zeus for some great conspiracy and vanishes.

Even if he did hang around, they'd be a club with no assets, still bleeding cash at an alarming rate and now in some souless stadium on the outskirts of the city, assuming said stadium ever actually gets built.

Not a smart plan for the Yamish to go along with, essentially they'd be better just giving their cash straight to Vlad and Murray and be done with it...

Phil D. Rolls
26-10-2010, 02:46 PM

I think they made their feelings about leaving their spiritual home clear when they tried to kill the Pieman. I'd be very surprised if they have changed their position since then.

Hibs7
26-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Yeah but this time they have no say in the matter .... mad Vlad will do what he likes and they can squeal as much as they like. brilliant.

ronaldo7
26-10-2010, 03:31 PM
I think they made their feelings about leaving their spiritual home clear when they tried to kill the Pieman. I'd be very surprised if they have changed their position since then.

And we all know what that is:greengrin:ostrich:

Phil D. Rolls
26-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah but this time they have no say in the matter .... mad Vlad will do what he likes and they can squeal as much as they like. brilliant.

Oh I don't know. They've still got some very powerful weapons in their arsenal:

a) Open Letters
b) Protests outside the stand.
c) Famous old club
d) World War One winners.
e) Russian hats
f) er
g) the pride of Edinburgh
h) Cash collection round the pubs of Wester Hailes.

Make no mistake, they MEAN BUSINESS!!!!

down the slope
26-10-2010, 04:04 PM
I see in the Hearts statement that H & S is an issue, could that be the ramshackle barn they call the main stand ?, i think they have not got the cash to rebuild and the new Murray thing is heaven sent for Vlad. Wait for this though, one poster said " i feel physically sick at the thought of leaving our lovely old stadium " , good, wait till he moves to the badlands !.

Barney McGrew
26-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Oh I don't know. They've still got some very powerful weapons in their arsenal:

a) Open Letters
b) Protests outside the stand.
c) Famous old club
d) World War One winners.
e) Russian hats
f) er
g) the pride of Edinburgh
h) Cash collection round the pubs of Wester Hailes.

Make no mistake, they MEAN BUSINESS!!!!

You forgot about bringing UKIO to it's knees by sending black sheets of paper by fax.

That'll learn 'em :agree:

Springbank
26-10-2010, 04:21 PM
that's a bit optomistic, current market 8 - 10 million would be about right :agree:

It could be nearer £15m if a LIDL or ALDI is interested.

Those cheap-as-chips boys are actually targetting sites like Tynecastle (near one of the Big Supermarkets, in this case Sainsburys, in the hope of attracting traffic en route to the expensive shop)

But even at £15m that's still leaving £15m debt, no stadium, no asset to speak of...:top marks:Romanov:

poolman
26-10-2010, 04:22 PM

You couldn't make it up!

Cardboard boxes are at a premium at the moment :cool2:

Springbank
26-10-2010, 04:24 PM
would love Tynecastle to be sold to LIDL

imagine that, they thought tesco was bad, now they're getting pumped by a Wee Supermarket that attracts mainly people in benefits

Not at all delicious irony :greengrin

Fantic
26-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Remember to vote :wink:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/CustomPages/CustomPage.aspx?PageID=80582

matty_f
26-10-2010, 04:28 PM
You forgot about bringing UKIO to it's knees by sending black sheets of paper by fax.

That'll learn 'em :agree:

:faf: It was a serious suggestion, too! :thumbsup:

ScottB
26-10-2010, 04:29 PM

imagine that, they thought tesco was bad, now they're getting pumped by a Wee Supermarket that attracts mainly people in benefits

Actually within 2 minutes of Tynecastle there's a newly refurbed Scotmid, an ALDI and a huge Sainsbury's, few minutes further away in one direction is a big LIDL and in the other a huge ASDA, no Supermarket would want the land, or presumably even be allowed to buy it.

Phil D. Rolls
26-10-2010, 04:40 PM
It could be nearer £15m if a LIDL or ALDI is interested.

Those cheap-as-chips boys are actually targetting sites like Tynecastle (near one of the Big Supermarkets, in this case Sainsburys, in the hope of attracting traffic en route to the expensive shop)

But even at £15m that's still leaving £15m debt, no stadium, no asset to speak of...:top marks:Romanov:

They already have Aldi and Lidl either side. Perhaps Netto would be interested, or some weegie wide-o selling carpets?

If it makes you feel better about yourself there's nothing wrong with believing that. :greengrin

After a hard day of selling pegs and tarring drives, I like nothing better than to enjoy one of Lidl's massive range of continental sausages or cheeses.

Jack
26-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Any sale of the ground would have to consider the extortionate cost of asbestos removal. That would make demolishing much more expensive and therefore the ground value much less.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2010, 07:01 PM
I am neither a politician or a planning expert and I realise that (at least) 400,000 is a big minority to ignore, but it did occur to me that this might not be a popular or desirable use of yet another importnat bit of green belt where I dare say that there are plenty of residents of the city who might have other ways of using their amenity that don't include what Murray wants, once the green belts gone, its hard to get back.................

PatHead
26-10-2010, 07:59 PM
i am confused. Does this mean they are not building the new luxury stand/hotel etc?

JoJo_07
26-10-2010, 08:26 PM
An official announcement (http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101026/statement-on-new-stadium-_2241384_2197210). So that's a no......................

or a maybe then.

Part/Time Supporter
27-10-2010, 06:35 AM
i am confused. Does this mean they are not building the new luxury stand/hotel etc?

They dropped that idea months ago.

Funny how that debt / equity swap thing was announced a few days ago. You could almost call it a coincidence. (http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Mounting-problems-for-Tynecastle-plans.6600522.jp)

But the scheme - unveiled more than three years ago - was scaled back this year. The first phase is now only proposed to include a new stand, but the club has yet to submit a planning application and has warned it cannot afford to build it yet.

Romanov wouldn't want to be cutting his losses, would he?

poolman
27-10-2010, 07:26 AM
An official announcement (http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101026/statement-on-new-stadium-_2241384_2197210). So that's a no......................

or a maybe then.

Was reading this morning that the Yams are now saying that they can only increase their new stand capacity by 1,700 seats because of the nearby distillery :confused:

Excuse me for being rather cynical about this but the distillery is at the other side of the asbestos ramshackle and how for the love o' Christ have they spent £1,000,000 on plans years ago for their super duper mega money-making complex that they were gonna build and this has only come to light now :confused:

down the slope
27-10-2010, 07:30 AM
This from the other side is maybe why they yams are not ruling it out,

Here's something I heard which may or may not add anything to the debate or might well be a load of crap ( however I'll put it out there and let it ******)

The council ( the part of the council that issues the safety certificate for the old stand) have expressed some concern about the safe lifespan of the main stand. However they have agreed to take a view on it that permits the certificate to be renewed on an annual basis, whilst Hearts are processing planning permission and showing "intent" to build a new stand.

Hearts of course (according to what I have heard) have absolutely no intention of building a new stand and are carrying on with the forever delayed process so that the council keep renewing the certificate for the old stand. Apparently the council have suspected this to be the case for a couple of years now and have recently flagged this up with Hearts.

Maybe PTBCAL can shed some light on this ??

The story re a new stadium sounds a bit far fetched, but I wouldnt be surprised if A. some sort of stadium move was on the cards or B. This particular "dummy' project is something that Hearts might well be happy to be publicly connected to as it buys a bit more time for the old stand.

I dont believe a new stand should or will ever be built at Tynecastle and provided the facilities and infrastructure are good and its to our financial benefit I'd actually be in favour of us moving.

The usual Vlad stalling tactics to keep the 400,000 happy !.

Jack
27-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Was reading this morning that the Yams are now saying that they can only increase their new stand capacity by 1,700 seats because of the nearby distillery :confused:

Excuse me for being rather cynical about this but the distillery is at the other side of the asbestos ramshackle and how for the love o' Christ have they spent £1,000,000 on plans years ago for their super duper mega money-making complex that they were gonna build and this has only come to light now :confused:

Its always been known about. I recall discussions, probably in the Scotsman, about how Edinburgh Tity Council were going to subsidise the cost of moving the offending part of the distillery away, or some such thing.

I thought at the time it was a good use of public funds. :bitchy:

Antifa Hibs
27-10-2010, 07:38 AM
This from the other side is maybe why they yams are not ruling it out,

Here's something I heard which may or may not add anything to the debate or might well be a load of crap ( however I'll put it out there and let it ******)

The council ( the part of the council that issues the safety certificate for the old stand) have expressed some concern about the safe lifespan of the main stand. However they have agreed to take a view on it that permits the certificate to be renewed on an annual basis, whilst Hearts are processing planning permission and showing "intent" to build a new stand.

Hearts of course (according to what I have heard) have absolutely no intention of building a new stand and are carrying on with the forever delayed process so that the council keep renewing the certificate for the old stand. Apparently the council have suspected this to be the case for a couple of years now and have recently flagged this up with Hearts.

Maybe PTBCAL can shed some light on this ??

The story re a new stadium sounds a bit far fetched, but I wouldnt be surprised if A. some sort of stadium move was on the cards or B. This particular "dummy' project is something that Hearts might well be happy to be publicly connected to as it buys a bit more time for the old stand.

I dont believe a new stand should or will ever be built at Tynecastle and provided the facilities and infrastructure are good and its to our financial benefit I'd actually be in favour of us moving.

The usual Vlad stalling tactics to keep the 400,000 happy !.

No chance! Straiton or something similar would've finished us! F*** leaving your home for 100+ years to some soulless bowl out in the middle of nowhere.

Hope it does happen.

Edinburghs big team playing in a rented stadium shared by some egg-chasers and sharing 'their' training 'acedemy' with some greasy haired students. Big team :faf:

Twa Cairpets
27-10-2010, 07:54 AM

or a maybe then.

Is it just me, or is it is odd that the statement is non-attributable. "A club spokesman said..." And what a piece of mindless bibble-babble it is. They'd have been as well just saying "mibbes aye, mibbes naw".

johnrebus
27-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Its always been known about. I recall discussions, probably in the Scotsman, about how Edinburgh Tity Council were going to subsidise the cost of moving the offending part of the distillery away, or some such thing.

I thought at the time it was a good use of public funds. :bitchy:

The 'offending' part of the distillery are Bonded Warehouses, over 100 years old which may be listed buildings.

Good old Vlad.

Still couldn't organise a piss up in a ....., er, distillery.

:greengrin

hibs0666
27-10-2010, 08:59 AM
They already have Aldi and Lidl either side. Perhaps Netto would be interested, or some weegie wide-o selling carpets?

If it makes you feel better about yourself there's nothing wrong with believing that. :greengrin

After a hard day of selling pegs and tarring drives, I like nothing better than to enjoy one of Lidl's massive range of continental sausages or cheeses.

Not forgetting their Perlenbacher pils, which is brewed to German beer purity laws, absolutely top notch.

poolman
27-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Not forgetting their Perlenbacher pils, which is brewed to German beer purity laws, absolutely top notch.

Not forgetting Bishops Finger and other various ales on offer just now at £1.00 and £1.14 a bottle :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
27-10-2010, 12:05 PM
I suppose if Lidl and Aldi do build in places where they can catch people on the way to the big shops, there is a lesson for Hearts.

By building a stadium next to the M8 turn off, they can easily entice customers who are on the way to the bigger stadium in Glasgow.

Springbank
27-10-2010, 04:44 PM

haha no -sorry for the confusion - that part wasn't meant to reflect my own views at all, it was having a dig at the mindset and prejudices of the superiority complex mob across the village.

You are quite right about the continental sausages.

But to those who question Lidl or Aldi's appetite for that postcode / neck of the woods, they are still interested. See planning application at the old Fruitmarket that has recently been submitted for more details :wink:

Doesn't mean they would knock the PBS down, all I'm saying is I wouldn't rule it out as an endgame over there

Jack
27-10-2010, 05:57 PM
You know if that lot told me it was Tuesday I'd check my watch :agree:

I think they’ve just given up covering the lies and being blatant and the poor hearts fans are so used to it they cant see it any more.

There was one on here just the other day saying so long as they [Vlad] keep on putting money in they’ll be happy :faf:

What money has he put in?

He’s sucked just about every last worthless share from the supporters.

He’s sucked just about every last dime from the supporters, right down to the jumble sales.

He’s sucked the very history from their club and abused it.

He’s sucked whatever dignity they had.

He’s draining every last drop of lifeblood from a once proud Edinburgh institution.

All that is left of Heart of Midlothian FC is like a destitute prostitute whoring what's left of their wares for all to see like some sort of grotesque side show.

Ozyhibby
27-10-2010, 07:44 PM
While I would like to see Hearts moved out the city to some glorified almondvale stadium I think that this current plan by Murray has almost no chance of happening. There is no public pressure being placed on the council to encroach on the green belt and any hint that the council were even think about it would be met by fierce resistance. There are plenty of undeveloped sites within the city without eating into the green belt.
Still they could always go a bit further west to broxburn or ground share with Livi.:greengrin

Hibs Class
27-10-2010, 07:52 PM
While I would like to see Hearts moved out the city to some glorified almondvale stadium I think that this current plan by Murray has almost no chance of happening. There is no public pressure being placed on the council to encroach on the green belt and any hint that the council were even think about it would be met by fierce resistance. There are plenty of undeveloped sites within the city without eating into the green belt.
Still they could always go a bit further west to broxburn or ground share with Livi.:greengrin

Wouldn't be surprised if they end up buying Livi and renaming them following their inevitable demise, in the same way that Airdrie bought Clydebank.

Kaiser1962
27-10-2010, 07:57 PM
I think the Yams are being aroused by Vlad's foreplay into thinking this might actually be a good idea and, while they wont own the stadium or possess any assets whatsoever, they have, in a similar arrangement to Riccarton, been promised "first dibs" on it.

No chance! Straiton or something similar would've finished us! F*** leaving your home for 100+ years to some soulless bowl out in the middle of nowhere.

Hope it does happen.

Edinburghs big team playing in a rented stadium shared by some egg-chasers and sharing 'their' training 'acedemy' with some greasy haired students. Big team :faf:

Jim44
27-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I think the Yams are being aroused by Vlad's foreplay into thinking this might actually be a good idea and, while they wont own the stadium or possess any assets whatsoever, they have, in a similar arrangement to Riccarton, been promised "first dibs" on it.

Staying with your colourful comparison, I don't think this will come to anything.:greengrin

degenerated
27-10-2010, 09:17 PM

i reckon they're just being conditioned for the inevitable move to murrayfield :agree:

HibeeB
28-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Staying with your colourful comparison, I don't think this will come to anything.:greengrin

Definately not.

They've shot their bolt :rolleyes:

Peevemor
28-10-2010, 11:26 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-39quality-won39t-suffer39-despite.6602418.jp

"In the last five years, we have paid just under £25m in taxes so our investment does not just benefit Hearts, it benefits the whole economy.

:wtf::fibber:

If he's speaking about VAT, it's not theirs to pay, they collect it from the supporters, sponsors, etc. and then pass it on to the Revenue.

If it's PAYE, then that's paid on behalf of the employees.

It's good to see that Fedotovas has his finger on the financial pulse - he's obviously the man to turn things around for them.

Springbank
28-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Fedotovas says they've paid £25m in taxes and wants a pat on the back...

...I guess he's making out that the Yams are a thoroughly decent sort of company, who abide by all the rules.

Try telling that to Arbroath!! Or indeed most employees of HoMoFC who have at one time or another been on the receiving end of payment glitches.

greenginger
28-10-2010, 01:54 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-39quality-won39t-suffer39-despite.6602418.jp

If he's speaking about VAT, it's not theirs to pay, they collect it from the supporters, sponsors, etc. and then pass it on to the Revenue.

It's good to see that Fedotovas has his finger on the financial pulse - he's obviously the man to turn things around for them.

He certainly can't be talking about Corporation Tax on the profits the Club have made these last 5 years.

While he was on about tax and payments it is a pity the journo did not ask whether their HMRC investigation was anywhere near a conclusion and what the Hit was likely to be. :greengrin

GloryGlory
28-10-2010, 02:44 PM

However, if he's speaking about EMPLOYER'S National Insurance, the Yams must have paid wages of approx £250M to generate a NIC bill of £25M. Probably all paid to Pinilla and yon wee Bosnian who was the greatest thing since sliced bread and hardly played any games! :greengrin

Sunny1875
28-10-2010, 06:04 PM
I imagine they'll go for

"Away up in Gogar"

:taxi

how about .....

Away oot in gogar
well past the trams
the inbreeds from tynie
are playing on the farms
with Murray as landlord
right next to the bank
beLIEve now all jambo's
that Vlad is a W***

Horse
28-10-2010, 06:04 PM
However, if he's speaking about EMPLOYER'S National Insurance, the Yams must have paid wages of approx £250M to generate a NIC bill of £25M. Probably all paid to Pinilla and yon wee Bosnian who was the greatest thing since sliced bread and hardly played any games! :greengrin

Speaking of sliced bread, I'd say a large part of the tax was on VAT on the sliced bread that they bought for Nade's pieces!

Sunny1875
28-10-2010, 06:16 PM
The 'offending' part of the distillery are Bonded Warehouses, over 100 years old which may be listed buildings.

Good old Vlad.

Still couldn't organise a piss up in a ....., er, distillery.

Ah but the Distillery is not that big therefore could be packed up in lots of cardboard boxes and moved then re-assembled like a big lego project...

Anyone got some spare cardboard boxes ??

Sergey
28-10-2010, 06:16 PM
While he was on about tax and payments it is a pity the journo did not ask whether their HMRC investigation was anywhere near a conclusion and what the Hit was likely to be. :greengrin

It's only a matter of time until the :******:on that matter.

This whole ruse about 'relocation' really is suckering and cajoling their masses into believing that salvation is around the corner.

Welts.

It's about time the health and safety bods clamped down. Those bats nesting in their Asbo-Stand are protected species... and need protection.

JackRegan
29-10-2010, 08:19 AM
I see David Murray's mob have been involved in this, so in a word its "moonbeams".

It cannot happen, not when MIH defaulted on its debt, had to swap 25% of their business in a debt for equity deal and are still in hock to the banks for £732m.

Not that you'd read that in the press but this information IS in the public domain.

Oh and one of MIH's more high profile subsidiaries is on day 4 of their appeal on a £70m tax charge, that could put them into administration or potential liquidation.

Whaddaya mean it's not been in the papers??

You would have thought the press would have been all over this like a tramp eatin' chips

matty_f
29-10-2010, 08:39 AM
I see David Murray's mob have been involved in this, so in a word its "moonbeams".

It cannot happen, not when MIH defaulted on its debt, had to swap 25% of their business in a debt for equity deal and are still in hock to the banks for £732m.

Not that you'd read that in the press but this information IS in the public domain.

Oh and one of MIH's more high profile subsidiaries is on day 4 of their appeal on a £70m tax charge, that could put them into administration or potential liquidation.

You would have thought the press would have been all over this like a tramp eatin' chips

bet they would have been if it was celtc, right? :yawn:

Gatecrasher
29-10-2010, 08:43 AM
to be fair to Jack, if what he posted in true, then surely it means the yams potential move from swincastle is doon the pan, that makes it funny :agree:

greenlex
29-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Is there anyone on here that really gives a flying one what some paranoid Celtic supporter thinks of an ex Rangers chairmans debt problems?

JackRegan
29-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Is there anyone on here that really gives a flying one what some paranoid Celtic supporter thinks of an ex Rangers chairmans debt problems?

Maybe not, but you have to wonder why it has not appeared in the press.

It is also relevant to the thread topic, in that behind the bluster, one of the main organistaions involved is in hock to the bank with hardly a brass farthing to it's name.

If this had been publicised, the perhaps people could look more objectively at the plans for the shiney new jambodome. :confused:

JackRegan
29-10-2010, 09:09 AM

You obviously think otherwise Matty, so chalk this one up as win. :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
29-10-2010, 09:21 AM
You obviously think otherwise Matty, so chalk this one up as win. :greengrin

Whatever happened to that Cambuslang paradise anyway?

MB62
29-10-2010, 09:46 AM

Jack, how do you know this? where is the appeal being heard about? and can you verify this with any proof or is it just hearsay?

JackRegan
29-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Jack, how do you know this? where is the appeal being heard about? and can you verify this with any proof or is it just hearsay?

It is a Private hearing being heard in Glasgow.

The only paper to report it was the NOTW, which had two column inches on Sunday.

My source is the journalist Phil McGillivan who broke the story, with whom I am friends.

He has a contact closely involved in the case, which will take about 8 days to conclude, with the final verdict being delivered in about 8 weeks time. He also has a contact who has another source in what I assume to be Grant thornton, who has corroborated the information provided by the source in HMRC.

The case is being heard by a lower tier tribunal and such is the magnitude, we reckon it will get referred to the higher and highest tier. It's actually a big big case for HMRC, if they can prove that contractual payments (salary) were put through EBTs then the huns are busted.

Der huns defence is based on this being a retroaction.

They have been served this bill, this is the appeal stage.

CentreLine
29-10-2010, 10:01 AM

Yes I think that there are a lot of people interested in hearing what the views and opinions are from across the board. This messageboad has always been tolerant in allowing people to express their reasonable points. If visitors get out of order they get launched but so long as they come on here with something to say in an intelligent and reasonable manner then I want to read it regardless of what club they favour. Long may that continue.

JackRegan
29-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Whatever happened to that Cambuslang paradise anyway?

You know this might sound bizarre and maybe because of my personal life at that time, but they were great days to be part of the celtic support.

Aye Cambuslang :greengrin The land was that toxic it glowed in the dark there.

I still have all my Celts For Change letters.

Singing "Sack The Board" in the car park. :faf:

greenginger
29-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Maybe not, but you have to wonder why it has not appeared in the press.

It is also relevant to the thread topic, in that behind the bluster, one of the main organistaions involved is in hock to the bank with hardly a brass farthing to it's name.

If this had been publicised, the perhaps people could look more objectively at the plans for the shiney new jambodome. :confused:

If, and its a big if, the project is viable there are other developers who would take it on. The new Jamodome would not necessarily perish with MIM's demise.

However, I am puzzled by the sudden willingness of HOMFC to reveal they have paid £25 million in taxes in the last 5 years. When did the Liths ever volunteer information ( they won't even let their auditors see their parent company accounts)

Have they had their HMRC assessment and are trying to say "we've paid enough already" or "Don't kill the goose etc."

MB62
29-10-2010, 11:31 AM

The only paper to report it was the NOTW, which had two column inches on Sunday.

My source is the journalist Phil McGillivan who broke the story, with whom I am friends.

He has a contact closely involved in the case, which will take about 8 days to conclude, with the final verdict being delivered in about 8 weeks time. He also has a contact who has another source in what I assume to be Grant thornton, who has corroborated the information provided by the source in HMRC.

The case is being heard by a lower tier tribunal and such is the magnitude, we reckon it will get referred to the higher and highest tier. It's actually a big big case for HMRC, if they can prove that contractual payments (salary) were put through EBTs then the huns are busted.

All very interesting Jack, let's keep the fingers and everything else crossed that HMRC can prove their case. :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
29-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Yes I think that there are a lot of people interested in hearing what the views and opinions are from across the board. This messageboad has always been tolerant in allowing people to express their reasonable points. If visitors get out of order they get launched but so long as they come on here with something to say in an intelligent and reasonable manner then I want to read it regardless of what club they favour. Long may that continue.

:top marks the old squirm posters on here get a pretty bad time of it on here :agree:

Jack
29-10-2010, 12:03 PM

I think that might be a clue as to why we haven’t had it all over the press and also with the result not due for 8 weeks, then further appeals, I think it would be the almightiest damp squib in the press ‘The hun is in court, we don’t know what's happening in there but we think there might be something in 8 weeks.’ I can honestly see why its hardly had a mention!

If, and its a big if, the project is viable there are other developers who would take it on. The new Jamodome would not necessarily perish with MIM's demise.

However, I am puzzled by the sudden willingness of HOMFC to reveal they have paid £25 million in taxes in the last 5 years. When did the Liths ever volunteer information ( they won't even let their auditors see their parent company accounts)

Have they had their HMRC assessment and are trying to say "we've paid enough already" or "Don't kill the goose etc."

IIRC they are already on their last warning for missing back payments of other peoples money they just held in 'trust'. With staff apparently not being paid wages recently one might think a shortage of funds might make the next instalment a tad difficult to pay. Having told the deluded they’ve already paid £25m, of course, it will be HMRC who are victimising the sincere and open good eggs that run their club.

Part/Time Supporter
29-10-2010, 01:02 PM
I think that might be a clue as to why we haven’t had it all over the press and also with the result not due for 8 weeks, then further appeals, I think it would be the almightiest damp squib in the press ‘The hun is in court, we don’t know what's happening in there but we think there might be something in 8 weeks.’ I can honestly see why its hardly had a mention!

I also don't think it would make that much difference to the Hun now anyway. It's not as if Murray is propping them up now.

greenlex
29-10-2010, 02:55 PM
:top marks the old squirm posters on here get a pretty bad time of it on here :agree:

I have no problem with them coming
on here to debate and hell even a bit of wind up.
It does however get on my thruppennies when they are on bleeting about the other side of the old firm and in thus particular thread giving us the full persecuted the Huns are all bad pish that he comes out with.

weecounty hibby
29-10-2010, 03:16 PM
I have no problem with them coming
on here to debate and hell even a bit of wind up.
It does however get on my thruppennies when they are on bleeting about the other side of the old firm and in thus particular thread giving us the full persecuted the Huns are all bad pish that he comes out with.
Here here, yet again he has turned a post in to a look how nasty the Huns are and the press are out to get us and the press love Rangers etc. He is a monotonous bore. Every thread he posts on turns into the same paranoid persecution complex.

Phil D. Rolls
30-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Here here, yet again he has turned a post in to a look how nasty the Huns are and the press are out to get us and the press love Rangers etc. He is a monotonous bore. Every thread he posts on turns into the same paranoid persecution complex.

The "ignore" button is a boon if posters get on your nerves. :greengrin

JoJo_07
01-11-2010, 07:21 PM
The move may save them the indignity of having to ask their fans to help with the maintenance of the ground and pitch(<<<<link here) (http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101101/matchday-pitch-maintenance-volunteer-team_2241384_2204119). Imagine how much abuse there would be on kickback if roles were reversed.

Springbank
01-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Easter Road - the biggest and best stadium in Edinburgh

Tyniecastle - the biggest asbestos stadium in Edinburgh

Big Team, Big Health & Safety Issue

Phil D. Rolls
01-11-2010, 07:45 PM
The move may save them the indignity of having to ask their fans to help with the maintenance of the ground and pitch (http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101101/matchday-pitch-maintenance-volunteer-team_2241384_2204119). Imagine how much abuse there would be on kickback if roles were reversed.

Well, for a start, a few people on here would be parking their caravans if we had access to a football field. The rest of us would be offering to tarmac the running track. :greengrin

JoJo_07
01-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Well, for a start, a few people on here would be parking their caravans if we had access to a football field. The rest of us would be offering to tarmac the running track. :greengrin

Think most missed the subtle link. Not so subtle now :wink:

greenginger
02-11-2010, 01:26 PM
It would seem that plans to flit from Gorgie have been on the cards for some time.
The Council's planning website-building control section shows Hearts applied for a building warrant for alterations to their Asbo-stand in June 2009.

The application was withdrawn in January this year before a warrant was issued.

I must have missed the pictures of cardboard boxes that went with this application. :greengrin

ScottB
02-11-2010, 02:31 PM
It would seem that plans to flit from Gorgie have been on the cards for some time.
The Council's planning website-building control section shows Hearts applied for a building warrant for alterations to their Asbo-stand in June 2009.

The application was withdrawn in January this year before a warrant was issued.

I must have missed the pictures of cardboard boxes that went with this application. :greengrin

Perhaps they couldn't find a lens with a wide enough angle to take in the sheer scale of the operation so didn't bother?

:agree:

bawheid
04-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Scotland's chief planner backs Murray's "Garden District". (http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Fury-as-chief-planner-39backs39.6612344.jp)

Oh dear Jim MacKinnon. :bitchy:

JimBHibees
04-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Scotland's chief planner backs Murray's "Garden District". (http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Fury-as-chief-planner-39backs39.6612344.jp)

Oh dear Jim MacKinnon. :bitchy:

Incredibly poor judgement. He should be relieved of his responsibilities immediately IMO.

MrSmith
04-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Should be sacked immediately!

Keep the west coast rubbish away from our greenbelts!

Phil D. Rolls
04-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Apparently Vlad has offered to take on the CEO post at the trams. What he knows about big projects that never get off the ground is a mystery to me though. :cool2:

Springbank
04-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Perhaps Vlad also has a room full of files and dossiers on tram drivers from all over Eastern Europe, who he can entice to the West with a view to selling them onto the more established and lucrative tram markets of Manchester and other English towns?

He's a visionary, and TIE are crying out for those right now!

Oh, and he once piloted a tram through the Arctic Circle don't you know :Romanov: