PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Game in Dubai?

hibbie02
21-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Always wanted to post one of these. Any idea where the best Hibs bars are in the said Emirate? :cool2:

Springbank
21-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Always wanted to post one of these. Any idea where the best Hibs bars are in the said Emirate? :cool2:

haha good call - usually the hotels are your main bet - ru over on a holiday? me and the band are over in Dubai & Abu D in late November (Grand Hyatt, woah, what a place)

Maybe others know of a few wee hideyholes to catch the SPL, but all I've ever known is to try the hotels - and have a great trip!

southern hibby
22-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Watched a Hibs game in a place called the Highland Lodge about 6 years ago. Nice little pub complex by Arabic standars. Beer on draughed. Visited them about a year later and they wouldn't put the game on because someone had come in the day before and asked if they would put a Engish game on whitch they did and they explained to me they had to honour because the guy had asked for it before me.
Not sure if it's still there but it may be worth going there before the game and booking the tv.

Hope you get to watch the game ......

GGTTH

southern hibby
22-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Sorry bad spellin that should have been which they did and not whitch.

GGTTH

IanM
22-10-2010, 08:20 AM
i've never been to Dubai but i heard that it's NOT against the law to kiss a fellow hibby in public if we score

jst1875
22-10-2010, 08:25 AM
On a similar line. Is anyone else on here going to be in Puerto Rico. Gran canaria for the game ?

AndyB_70
22-10-2010, 11:57 PM

Fibber Magees will have it on. Good little pub off the Sheikh Zayed Road. There is a map on their website.
Fibbers Dubai (http://www.fibbersdubai.com/fibbers.htm)
and when the game is over its Happy Hour for 2 hours (how is that an hour?)

Velma Dinkley
23-10-2010, 12:22 AM
aye fibbers is the best bet. not easy to find but just tell the taxi driver it's by the chicken place. it's not on the main street but you'll be able to ind it easy enough.

Rougier45
23-10-2010, 07:48 AM
I am going to be there for the Derby as well as Fibbers all scottish games are on kuwait or dubai or some arabic sports channel--if your in a hotel flick through and you will find it__all live games and old firm games --the commentary is arabic but makes more sense than davy provan--craig burley and most certainly andy walker or king billy dodds