PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in west yorkshire for the game on saturday?

Halifaxhibby
21-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Hi, i'll be in sowerby bridge on saturday to watch the game if anyone fancies joining me your more than welcome, I'll be in champions bar from about half eleven onwards to watch the game.
Mon the cabbage!!!!:thumbsup:

Austinho
21-10-2010, 07:14 PM
I was planning to watch it in Leeds before going to the Halifax Town game straight after. Do you know if there are any pubs in Halifax that would show it?

Halifaxhibby
21-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Not too sure mate they can be a bit funny about putting the Scottish games on in Halifax, leave it with me and I'll ask around at work tonight and let you know.

HH81
21-10-2010, 07:52 PM
What is going on here then :greengrin

Right Im up for watching the game and then off to the Halifax Town game, Sowerby Bridge is not too far away.... but i have ESPN at mine :agree:

No where in Halifax centre will show the game as there is premiership football on. Could my Nephew get into Champions bar?

Halifaxhibby
21-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Try the brass cat right in the town centre they usually have two different games on mate, hope you enjoy the Halifax game they reckon the crowd should be around 4000 for it, they've got a really good team this year.

HH81
21-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Try the brass cat right in the town centre they usually have two different games on mate, hope you enjoy the Halifax game they reckon the crowd should be around 4000 for it, they've got a really good team this year.

Hmm don't be sending anyone to the brass cat :greengrin I wouldn't even let Gramo go in there :greengrin

Halifaxhibby
21-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Not sure buddy, I wouldn't like to say yes and have the lad disappointed!!. We watched a couple of derbies in the brass cat over the last couple of years and they were ok about it. Think theres only 2 lunchtime games on tv on saturday.

HH81
21-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Mr Austin will you be coming into Halifax by Train or car?

HH81
21-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Not sure buddy, I wouldn't like to say yes and have the lad disappointed!!. We watched a couple of derbies in the brass cat over the last couple of years and they were ok about it. Think theres only 2 lunchtime games on tv on saturday.

Might have to watch at home then just incase. Don't you fancy a trip down the shay after we could get a hibs section going :greengrin

Minder
21-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I was planning to watch it in Leeds before going to the Halifax Town game straight after. Do you know if there are any pubs in Halifax that would show it?

Possible could be on in Pump Room, have watched Hibs games there before. Only problem is manager dyed in wool Yam. Ideal pub for Fax games. I will be watching in Champions if I can escape from the office. Looks like possible Halifax Hibs Supporters Branch developing here - more the merrier.

:flag:

LancashireHibby
21-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Possible could be on in Pump Room, have watched Hibs games there before. Only problem is manager dyed in wool Yam. Ideal pub for Fax games. I will be watching in Champions if I can escape from the office. Looks like possible Halifax Hibs Supporters Branch developing here - more the merrier.

:flag:

Can't believe somebody has beaten me to mentioning the Pump Room!

Mind, I always have a good craic with the landlord there about the Yams whenever I go to the Shay to watch the rugby (more often than I'd like to admit to!)

Halifaxhibby
21-10-2010, 08:16 PM
I would have gone to the Halifax game buddy but I only work down here til saturday morning(12 hour nightshift) i usually get a train home sat morning but not travelling back home til 3 this week, glad to know theres a few Hibees in this neck of the woods tho!!! :thumbsup:

Minder
21-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Can't believe somebody has beaten me to mentioning the Pump Room!

Mind, I always have a good craic with the landlord there about the Yams whenever I go to the Shay to watch the rugby (more often than I'd like to admit to!)

Its a good pub, first pub in fax I visited - many moons ago.

Minder
21-10-2010, 08:26 PM
I glad to know theres a few Hibees in this neck of the woods tho!!! :thumbsup:

Once saw someone walking through town with a Hibs goalie shirt Skol Cup vintage - had Burridge on back. Anyone going to own up?:cool2:

Austinho
21-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Funnily enough, I visited Halifax and The Shay for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and got served by a Jambo in one of the pubs, must have been the Pump Room. My mate is a Town fan, so he dragged me along :greengrin, now I'm back for more!

Think I might be getting a lift into Halifax with my mate after the Hibs game, either that or the 1402 train. Don't think I'll know until Saturday.

HH81
23-10-2010, 07:19 AM
I'm off in the new east stand today and it will be quite busy so I wouldnt leave it too late.

Lets hope for a Hibs win first then a cup shock :thumbsup: