PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Message From The Manager

RSS Bot
21-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Colin writes for www.hibernianfc.co.uk

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101021/message-from-the-manager_2262950_2192317)

Mikey
21-10-2010, 06:02 PM
This ability to mix things around tactically is desirable to keep the opposition guessing, to force our opponents to think about what we are doing and to make us a more difficult side to play against.

Hallelujah.

HibbyAndy
21-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Amen.

Hibee_Lisa
21-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Good read :thumbsup:

smurf
21-10-2010, 06:32 PM
I like the mix things around tactically comments.

I want to see winning football above all else.

However, the reality is that we never have and never will win a lot more games than not.

Therefore I fear watching an ugly mid table side.

Kato
21-10-2010, 06:59 PM

Two options.

1 Go and see what the football produced is like rather than assuming you know.

2 Don't go back.

Sergey
21-10-2010, 07:00 PM
At international level, we were all recently able to marvel at the wonderful fluency of a Spain side full of fantastically talented yet diminutive players. But when they need to, they can bring on a 6ft 5in striker in Fernando Llorente and go long.

We've got Colin Nish :brickwall

hibbysam
21-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Just read this and, already, im warming to CC as our new manager and he hasnt been here a week.

He speaks openly about what he tries to achieve, theres no point coming out with the same old stuff about playing like brazil holland and any other international team with the players we have so his comments about how he would like to play but knowing not always does it work bodes well with me..

He just speaks like he knows what hes doing unlike in the past when they just spoke total guff:agree:

lets all get behind the team from now on, no bitching when a pass goes astray but getting behind them so the next time they get on the ball it goes exactly where he wants it with confidence.... if you cant make aberdeen or united, lets see you all at easter road on the 7th, get the place full and for the first time in many a year, lets out battle, out pass, and give them a right good beating, surely then will the confidence fly back through the team:agree:

lyonhibs
21-10-2010, 07:49 PM
"I would love to win every game with the team playing exciting, expansive football. We all know that isn't going to happen every week and I am honest enough to admit that I'd much rather win ugly than lose playing great stuff."

Hallelujah Mk II

hibs0666
21-10-2010, 07:52 PM
I like the mix things around tactically comments.

I want to see winning football above all else.

However, the reality is that we never have and never will win a lot more games than not.

So what you're saying is that we should ignore whatever Calderwood says, or does, because we are normally Tom Kite? :confused:

Riordans Boots
21-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Colin writes for www.hibernianfc.co.uk

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101021/message-from-the-manager_2262950_2192317)

I'm warming to this guy already :agree:

GGTTH :flag:

Purehibee_MYB
21-10-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm warming to this guy already :agree:

GGTTH :flag:

I'm the same... Every interview, and everything I have read about him or by him has been honest and appealing.

It is of course early doors, and 3 points on saturday would be a great start!

I agree with him that 3 points are the most important thing, and if we have to play ugly to win then so be it. Of course we all want to see good, free-flowing football, but then again we want a win more, or at least I do.

Early days but the Sunshine could be on its way back to Leith, you just never know!

GGTTH :notworthy:

greenlex
22-10-2010, 01:17 AM
So what you're saying is that we should ignore whatever Calderwood says, or does, because we are normally Tom Kite? :confused:

Yup cos Smurfs had it. We didn't get a better manager than CC.

Heckys Wheel
22-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Let's be honest, you'd be worried if a new manager didn't come out and say the right things in his first interview for the club.

Yogi's first few interviews were epic.
Mixu knew how to tug on the heart strings of every fan.
JC knew all the "Total Football" lingo to talk us all into a trance.

I'm excited by the appointment but more because of CC's track record than his ability to recite a script about "Mixing it up."

EasterRoad4Ever
22-10-2010, 04:50 AM
Learned more about the Manager's plans for the team in that one article than in 15 months of soundbites from Hughes :thumbsup:

In saying that talk is cheap. Time to deliver.