PDA

View Full Version : Players out of contract.

HibeeMcGinn1
21-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Out of these players who would you keep and let go: Chris Hogg, Derek Riordan, Colin Nish, Sol Bamba, Liam Miller, Kevin McBride, John Rankin, Zemmama and Lewis Stevenson.
I think we can pretty much rule out keeping Bamba so other than that I'd like to keep all but Stevenson and Nish (if we get a couple strikers).

Thoughts?

SneakersO'Toole
21-10-2010, 07:52 AM
I'd keep Riordan and Mcbride (good squad player) and ditch the rest.

Use Liam Millers wage to increase the Riordan's contract and keep him here for life.

Bamba will leave anyway, probably in January.

The rest have had their chance and shown they don't have the quality IMO.

CallumLaidlaw
21-10-2010, 08:13 AM
I would try and keep -
Derek Riordan
Sol Bamba - but yeah, he'll be away
Liam Miller
Kevin McBride
Zemmama

Iain G
21-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Ship the lot of them out, they've had enough chances between them, time for a big overhall!!! :agree:

brydekirk
21-10-2010, 08:29 AM
stevenson, rankin, thicot and nish - out

should free enough wages to bring in two quality players, then bring the loan players into the 1st team in january. (byrne and co), that should do us till the summer window.

Expecting Rain
21-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Bamba won`t stay, Riordan, Miller and Zemmama are the only ones i`d keep, though i do admit the latter hardly plays any games and perhaps is lucky to get on the list, i would let the others go in any kind of order.

Steve20
21-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Chris Hogg - Let go
Derek Riordan - Keep
Colin Nish - Let go
Sol Bamba - Would keep, but he wants away
Liam Miller - Let go
Kevin McBride - maybe keep. 50/50 at the moment
John Rankin - Let go
Zemmama - Let go. Doesn't play enough games to be worth a new contract
Lewis Stevenson - Let go

supersauzee
21-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Chris Hogg - Let go
Derek Riordan - Defo let go
Colin Nish - Defo Let go
Sol Bamba - Let go
Liam Miller - Let go
Kevin McBride - Let go
John Rankin - Let go
Zemmama - Keep
Lewis Stevenson - Let go
Thicot - Let go
Duffy & grounds - let go

I think calderwood should be given the chance to overhaul the whole squad which is defo needed! The majority of players above have been given enough of a chance and have failed miserably so get rid of the lot of them! Get the youngsters promoted and am sure calderwood will have a few players in mind! :greengrin

Cameron1875
21-10-2010, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=supersauzee;2613417]Derek Riordan - Defo let go :troll::jamboclow

H18sry
21-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Chris Hogg - Let go
Derek Riordan - Keep
Colin Nish - Let go
Sol Bamba - Would keep, but he wants away
Liam Miller - Let go
Kevin McBride - maybe keek. 50/50 at the moment
John Rankin - Let go
Zemmama - Let go. Doesn't play enough games to be worth a new contract
Lewis Stevenson - Let go

If he's keek why are you 50/50? :greengrin

calumb
21-10-2010, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=supersauzee;2613417]Derek Riordan - Defo let go :troll::jamboclow

aye and he wants to let Duffy go when we have not even seen him play:confused:

Sir David Gray
21-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I would keep Colin Nish. I firmly believe that Hughes played him in the wrong position, he is not a target man and never will be one. He should be played in the penalty box and balls should be put in to his feet and not his head. From there, I think he will score us quite a few goals.

There must be a reason for how he was able to score almost 50 goals for Kilmarnock in four and a half years there and in just over 100 starts as well.

I don't think he's as "Colin Pish" as a lot of Hibs fans make him out to be and I just hope Calderwood plays him the right way.

calumb
21-10-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I would keep Colin Nish. I firmly believe that Hughes played him in the wrong position, he is not a target man and never will be one. He should be played in the penalty box and balls should be put in to his feet and not his head. From there, I think he will score us quite a few goals.

There must be a reason for how he was able to score almost 50 goals for Kilmarnock in four and a half years there and in just over 100 starts as well.

I don't think he's as "Colin Pish" as a lot of Hibs fans make him out to be and I just hope Calderwood plays him the right way.

:top marks agree totally he also created the space and chances for boyd and naismith to both score a load of goals. similarly everyone wants to see the back of Lewis but under collins he was turning in some excellent performances. i think a lot of who's kept and who goes will depend on how Calderwood gets them playing.

Steve20
21-10-2010, 11:08 AM
If he's keek why are you 50/50? :greengrin

Noticed that when I last looked in the thread. Thought I had got away with the edit before anyone noticed. :brickwall :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2010, 11:22 AM

Playing colin the right way, would be sending him out for the rolls and papers every sunday morning. If he could do that to a good level, he then could maybe be trusted with cleaning the boots.

calumb
21-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Playing colin the right way, would be sending him out for the rolls and papers every sunday morning. If he could do that to a good level, he then could maybe be trusted with cleaning the boots.

opinions like ****holes everybodys got one

Mikeystewart
21-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Out of these players who would you keep and let go: Chris Hogg, Derek Riordan, Colin Nish, Sol Bamba, Liam Miller, Kevin McBride, John Rankin, Zemmama and Lewis Stevenson.
I think we can pretty much rule out keeping Bamba so other than that I'd like to keep all but Stevenson and Nish (if we get a couple strikers).

Thoughts?
:taxi

blackpoolhibs
21-10-2010, 11:48 AM
opinions like ****holes everybodys got one

:agree: and we have way too many playing for us.

Sir David Gray
21-10-2010, 12:02 PM
I should have added that, whilst I do rate Colin Nish, I have read stuff on here about him smoking. I find it hard enough to understand how a professional athlete could think it's acceptable for them to drink heavily but I honestly cannot believe how a professional athlete could contemplate smoking.

If his smoking habit is true then I think he has to give it up or be out the door because he just can't possibly be fit enough to play 90 minutes if he's smoking.

duffers
21-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Why would people not want McBride to stay!? :confused:

easty
21-10-2010, 12:14 PM
I should have added that, whilst I do rate Colin Nish, I have read stuff on here about him smoking. I find it hard enough to understand how a professional athlete could think it's acceptable for them to drink heavily but I honestly cannot believe how a professional athlete could contemplate smoking.

If his smoking habit is true then I think he has to give it up or be out the door because he just can't possibly be fit enough to play 90 minutes if he's smoking.

AND.....I saw him in a Cafe Nero (other coffee shops are available), he ordered a latte (full fat!) and a caramel shortbread. Who the hell does he think he is. It should be hot water with a slice of lemon and a banana. Nothing more.

superfurryhibby
21-10-2010, 12:16 PM
I would release them all except Riordan (Bamba will of course leave for a fee anyway). Duffy will get a chance when fit, so good luck to him.

THis would mean a lot of guys coming in. Realities of the modern game are that we sift through the debris and hope to unearth a gem. It worked with Bamba and Stokes. The rest are journeymen or injury prone and we might as well see if we can find better. It's hard to imagine that Calderwood would sign guys that could be any worse?

HibbyAndy
21-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Ive said it before, Keep Riordan Brown and Mcbride and ditch the rest of them.

superfurryhibby
21-10-2010, 12:21 PM
AND.....I saw him in a Cafe Nero (other coffee shops are available), he ordered a latte (full fat!) and a caramel shortbread. Who the hell does he think he is. It should be hot water with a slice of lemon and a banana. Nothing more.

Do you think it's ok for a HIbs player to smoke?

Personally, I wouldnae mind that much if the player in question did the business on the field. Given Nish's lack of athleticism and shoddy overall contribuition, I feel it's taking the pesh on his part.

Albion Hibs
21-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Chris Hogg - Keep
Derek Riordan - Keep
Colin Nish - Keep
Sol Bamba - Let go
Liam Miller - Keep
Kevin McBride - Let go
John Rankin - Let go
Zemmama - Keep
Lewis Stevenson - Let go
Thicot - Let go
Duffy - Subject to what happens when fit
Grounds - Let go

In none of the above situations would I break the bank, go against the wage cap.

All of the above will of course depend on the style of play that the manager is looking to progress, so perhaps one to review my thoughts on in a few months.

Hibee_Lisa
21-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Chris Hogg - Let go
Derek Riordan - Keep
Colin Nish - Let go
Sol Bamba - He wants away :bye:
Liam Miller - Keep
Kevin McBride - Keep
John Rankin - Let go
Zemmama - Keep
Lewis Stevenson - Let go
Thicot - Let go
Duffy - Would like to see what he can offer us when fit
Grounds - Let go

Betty Boop
21-10-2010, 01:48 PM

:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
21-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Naw we should keep Brown,Whittaker,Fletcher,Thomson and O,Connor and get rid of Deeks and Sproule (hes pi5h by ra way) as for that kwont Jones he can go tae, thur aw pi5h ah tell yi. Nae idea why we persist in keepin oor best players, the sooner Turnbull pits a settled team oot the bettur, ah dinnea think ah kin handle any mair o thon fancy fitba, the sooner wae get back tae humpin the baw tae O,Connor and wee Collins the better, we huv tae keep last minute Hoggy anaw,pure dead brilliant man.

superfurryhibby
21-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Naw we should keep Brown,Whittaker,Fletcher,Thomson and O,Connor and get rid of Deeks and Sproule (hes pi5h by ra way) as for that kwont Jones he can go tae, thur aw pi5h ah tell yi. Nae idea why we persist in keepin oor best players, the sooner Turnbull pits a settled team oot the bettur, ah dinnea think ah kin handle any mair o thon fancy fitba, the sooner wae get back tae humpin the baw tae O,Connor and wee Collins the better, we huv tae keep last minute Hoggy anaw,pure dead brilliant man.

Are you Grumpy Gibby, the North Stand Hibby in disguise?

poopsucker69
21-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Hogg - Keep
Riordan - Keep
Nish - Bin
Bamba - Keep
Miller - Keep
McBride - Bin
Rankin - Bin
Zemmama - Bin
Stevenson - Bin :top marks

Diclonius
21-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Stack, Zemmama, Riordan, McBride, Galbraith, Brown and Miller.

SteveHFC
21-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Keep:
Deeko
Bamba
Miller
McBride
Zemamma
Galbraith
Thicot
Stack
Brown
Dickoh

HIBERNIAN 1875
22-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Riordan, McBride and Miller should be kept. Bamba would be kept also but he looks increasing likely to go. The rest can go. :agree: